Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1374636 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1168522 Jul 18, 2014
Vladimir Putin has been playing a dangerous game in Eastern Ukraine. On Thursday, it backfired badly.

Ever since seizing Crimea earlier this year, the Russian president has been offering tacit – and sometimes more direct – support to pro-Russian separatist groups battling the Ukrainian government. Although Putin seems to have backed off the idea of a cross-border military invasion and has been trying, half-heartedly it appears, to disengage himself from the conflict, he’s yet to make a full break with the rebels.

After Thursday’s shoot-down of a Malaysian Airlines flight over rebel-held territory in Ukraine’s volatile east, killing 295 people, he may no longer have much choice in the matter.

If the rebels are responsible for the downing of Flight 17 (and from all appearances that seems to be the case), they have dealt Putin a grievous blow – one that will likely force him to cut ties with them or face even harsher economic and diplomatic censure. But whatever choice he makes, the fallout from this tragedy could reverberate for years to come. It provides an object lesson in the dangers of getting too cozy with insurgents who are neither under one’s control nor with whom one’s interests are firmly aligned.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2014/0...
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1168523 Jul 18, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Bible? never heard of it.
that's about as 'open' as it gets.
What's one more nutcase from Texas?
RReverend Carl Lovejoy

Dallas, TX

#1168524 Jul 18, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Bible? never heard of it.
that's about as 'open' as it gets.
Suffer thy ignorance in silence, fool!

“Do you not know what I and my predecessors have done to all the peoples of the other lands? Were the gods of those nations ever able to deliver their land from my hand? 14 Who of all the gods of these nations that my predecessors destroyed has been able to save his people from me? How then can your god deliver you from my hand? 15 Now do not let Hezekiah deceive you and mislead you like this. Do not believe him, for no god of any nation or kingdom has been able to deliver his people from my hand or the hand of my predecessors. How much less will your god deliver you from my hand!”

The Kingdom of the Lord God is at hand!
TSM

El Paso, TX

#1168525 Jul 18, 2014
Obama’s weak response to the current Crisis reminds me of the weakling ‘Obama’ getting sand kicked in his face by the beach bully ‘Putin’ Again!!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1168526 Jul 18, 2014
PIC: Mark Levin Annihilates Jon Stewart Over Anti-Israel Comments:‘Have You Even F’ing Seen Israel, You Little Twerp?!’

July 17, 2014 By Matthew Burke

SHARES Share on Facebook Tweet on Twitter
Mark Levin
Top conservative radio talk show host and bestselling author Mark Levin responded to Jon Stewart’s support of terrorist organization, Hamas, in which Stewart was highly critical of Israel’s warning system that alerts its citizens of an incoming bomb coming in from the terrorist group. Stewart contended this week, making light of a deadly and horrific situation, that when Israel returns fire, its alert system to try and limit civilian casualties isn’t quite as effective as the one they use to warn their own citizens.

For some unknown reason, Stewart did not mention that Hamas gives no warning signal whatsoever before it launches missile attacks into Jewish neighborhoods, and Stewart seemed to have a problem that many Hamas rockets were being effectively blocked by Israel’s “Iron Dome” technology.

An irate and passionate Mark Levin responded:
“Have you f’ing seen Israel, you little twerp?! Have you f’ing seen what surrounds Israel, you little twerp?! Is Hamas giving warnings to Jews in Israel, you little twerp?! What about the fallout shelters, you little twerp; have you looked at those and the gas masks and the sirens day-in and day-out, you little twerp?!
Levin continued, mocking Stewart with sarcasm:
“Oh, that Jon Stuart Leibowitz, man, I’ll tell you what, he’s the cutting edge, smart as smart can be. Funny too, really, really funny, except when his writers go on strike, then he has to take a vacation. Oh, this guys great! He’s so smart, I’ve seen him on FOX! Oh yes, the man is celebrated. You otta hear his jokes about the Holocaust; the guy’s got a million of them. It’s very funny, very good. He’s got quite a stand-up routine.”
“Jon Stuart Leibowitz, why did he change his name?” Levin asks.“I’ve asked this for many years–why?”

“I despise the self-haters, I really do,” a disgusted Levin said.“I despise them,” he reiterated for emphasis.

Levin pointed it out that when Egypt coordinated a ceasefire, Israel agreed, but Hamas rejected the offer, continuing it’s bombing campaign into Israel.

“As you well know, the Israelis are doing everything humanly possible to use their technology and their weaponry to limit civilian casualties, Levin contended.“But Hamas is doing everything possible to kill its own people, because apparently that’s the price of a good press release,” he said.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1168527 Jul 18, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
How would you know? Racism to you is what you yell at someone you disagree with.
And a hypocrite would be one that ignores far worse from those that agree with him.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1168528 Jul 18, 2014
TSM wrote:
Obama’s weak response to the current Crisis reminds me of the weakling ‘Obama’ getting sand kicked in his face by the beach bully ‘Putin’ Again!!
Maybe we should attack Brazil???? Bush logic.
nevada 235

Scranton, PA

#1168529 Jul 18, 2014
Hi! I said I would not write, but I changed my mind...All I did was
change my ficticious name...I do not like the news... for example...
A Malaysian plane was destroyed over the Russian-Ukrainian border
killing 295 passengers and crew...no one claimed responsibility....There
is a war between Gaza and Israel....We lost sight of the fact that there
are wars in Afghanistan, Syria and Iraq...I preach peace, love and unity
between all nations, people and religions, but there is a war monger
mentality in the world....Peace has so much to offer the people of earth!
Again, I am not an elephant writing or a space alien! One of the main
obstacles to peace, is the U.S.A. denial of space aliens...We cannot
convince The U.S.A. Government to talk with the space aliens, who are
united with Jesus Christ and Angels....The Christian and Islamic
religions also do not recognize space aliens....I do not know if the
space aliens have been recognized by other countries...The space
aliens are all over the internet! This is where I am churched...on
Fridays, on the internet! I teach on Fridays, which is Islam`s holy day!
I think it is a coincidence. I will not say anymore, but this....U.S.A.
GOVERNMENT, TALK TO THE SPACE ALIENS...It doesn`t matter if
they are social democrats! The U.S.A. is morally and financially
bankrupt! Love, Nevada 235
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1168531 Jul 18, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
TPM?
What not to do when Russia shoots down another airline:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =1sxtdWZzWnEXX#action=share
A 30 second blurb in front of a speech and jokes.
What to do when Russia shoots down another airline
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Show respect to those who died and outrage to those suspected of doing it
respect......

Fox News host Greta Van Susteren sharply criticized Fox News correspondent Todd Starnes for "very bad taste" over tweeting petty attacks on the president in response to the deadly crash of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17.

Starnes has tweeted that Obama isn't "interested" in the crash because it doesn't involve "beer or golf," "Russia bracing for a severe hash tag from the Obama Administration," and "Obama won't comment on Malaysian jetliner crash until he's had a chance to read tomorrow's paper."

In a post on her blog headlined, "NOTE TO FNC's TODD STARNES: THIS IS VERY BAD TASTE, 295 PEOPLE DIED," Van Susteren wrote: "I was just sent a Mediaite article with these tweets on it. I don't know Todd Starnes (he works in NYC), but I do know he works at Fox News Channel and so do I. I don't like his tweets. They are very bad taste. This is not the time to be snarky or some pathetic attempt at humor. Let me repeat... 295 people died."

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2014/07/17/van-s...

outrage.....

Why Putin Let MH17 Get Shot Down

Russia has been escalating its war in Ukraine for weeks. The urgency to win turned to recklessness.

President Putin has been recklessly escalating the crisis in eastern Ukraine since he was embarrassed and outmaneuvered by the Ukrainian president three weeks ago. Allowing a passenger jet to be shot down is the act of an increasingly desperate man.

The Kremlin ordered tanks, heavy weapons and Russian fighters to pour over the border stoking up the crisis until tragedy struck. We should have seen it coming; on Wednesday morning the front page of Foreign Policy magazine had a headline that should have sent shockwaves through the geopolitical landscape: Russia Is Firing Missiles At Ukraine.

....The cycle will continue. Putin's recklessness in eastern Ukraine will only grow. Many more lives, often of civilians stuck in the crossfire, will be lost. In the warped cycle of disinformation and power that Putin has created, this senseless violence makes perfect sense, and hundreds or even thousands of civilian casualties are just collateral damage.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/07...

kinda ruins Limbaugh's Putin lovefest. though i'm sure before the day is done that Rush will figure out some way to blame Obama for that jet being shot down. just let us know when that happens so the sane folks can have a good laugh about it.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1168532 Jul 18, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
Airline officials revise the number of people on MH17 to 298, including three infants
Why don't you just change your screen name to "Ticker". You remind me of that annoying news ticker that crawls across the bottom of the screen. Do you honestly believe that people on here don't watch the news?

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1168533 Jul 18, 2014
Legacy Recordings and Sony Music Entertainment mourn the passing of Johnny Winter, the guitarist and performer whose artistic drive and uncompromising vision have transformed blues rock & roll for the past half century.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1168534 Jul 18, 2014
RReverend Carl Lovejoy wrote:
<quoted text>
Suffer thy ignorance in silence, fool!
“Do you not know what I and my predecessors have done to all the peoples of the other lands? Were the gods of those nations ever able to deliver their land from my hand? 14 Who of all the gods of these nations that my predecessors destroyed has been able to save his people from me? How then can your god deliver you from my hand? 15 Now do not let Hezekiah deceive you and mislead you like this. Do not believe him, for no god of any nation or kingdom has been able to deliver his people from my hand or the hand of my predecessors. How much less will your god deliver you from my hand!”
The Kingdom of the Lord God is at hand!
so it's a book? and you think a book is the answer to all?

so how's that been working out for ya? not so well from the look of it. maybe a new 'interpretation' might be needed. like...It's just a book.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1168535 Jul 18, 2014
Daily Show host Jon Stewart mocked Republican lawmakers on Thursday for talking tough in referring to President Barack Obama as a “tyrant,” but never following up on their repeated insistence that he should be impeached out of fear it would only push more of the electorate against them.

“That’s how you know all this talk of tyranny is bullsh*t,” he said.“When your main concern when you’re deposing a tyrant is how it will affect your party’s chances in the upcoming midterm elections, that’s not tyranny.”

What made the latest round of GOP trash-talking interesting, Stewart noted, was that it seemed to stem from “word sausages” from former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin (R), who referred to the increase in undocumented immigrants from Central America as “the last straw that makes the battered wife say,‘No mas.’”

“If I may, it appears ex-Governor Palin has finally finished with mangling the English language, and has moved on to making Spanish incomprehensible,” Stewart explained.“She’s like a serial killer of language. Or whatever the opposite of a Rosetta Stone is.”

But the initial gung-ho push for impeachment by Palin’s party colleagues, he said, was soon replaced by House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) eschewing that idea for the threat of suing Obama and accusing him of not implementing the Affordable Care Act — which the GOP has never supported — fast enough.

“Let me get this straight: the GOP is going to take down our dictator-in-chief with a civil suit accusing him of not properly executing a law they themselves have tried more than 50 times to partly or completely repeal,” a baffled Stewart said.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/07/18/jon-ste...

“Depends on the Day”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1168536 Jul 18, 2014
House Judiciary Committee cites USCIS numbers: 65% of unaccompanied minors' asylum claims granted immediately before they even see a judge…

“Depends on the Day”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1168538 Jul 18, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you just change your screen name to "Ticker". You remind me of that annoying news ticker that crawls across the bottom of the screen. Do you honestly believe that people on here don't watch the news?
Senseless does not have talking points concerning MH17 so is irritated by updates about the event.
Patrick

Mobile, AL

#1168539 Jul 18, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
A Florida defendant did not exactly make a good impression with the courts on Thursday when he decided to attack the man appointed to help him with his legal defense because he was black.
Thomas Thorpe, who is facing charges of attempted murder and related offenses after stabbing a passenger at an Orlando bus stop this week, rebuffed the public defender’s offer to aid in his defense.
“I said not guilty,” Thorpe told the judge.“I pleaded not guilty and I don’t want this negro standing next to me. I don’t want a negro standing next to me.”
Read more at http://issuehawk.com/tamar/2014/07/18/florida...
"Desperate Housewives of Orlando " may have been cancelled after six years.
Executive Producers M E Andering sited low ratings and writer strike
TSM

El Paso, TX

#1168540 Jul 18, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe we should attack Brazil???? Bush logic.
Is Valerie on vacation could explain Obama’s weak response!! Obama’s solution dealing with Crisis either another Photo-Op/Fundraiser or maybe he should have a beer summit with Putin…Right?
Patrick

Mobile, AL

#1168541 Jul 18, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
House Judiciary Committee cites USCIS numbers: 65% of unaccompanied minors' asylum claims granted immediately before they even see a judge…
actually 85%
Patrick

Mobile, AL

#1168542 Jul 18, 2014
flack wrote:
Legacy Recordings and Sony Music Entertainment mourn the passing of Johnny Winter, the guitarist and performer whose artistic drive and uncompromising vision have transformed blues rock & roll for the past half century.
Sad
RIP
Olive Oil

Buffalo, NY

#1168543 Jul 18, 2014
Cut to the chase wrote:
<quoted text> Grey Ghost logic ,It was not the Serpent that told Eve to eat the forbidden fruit ,it was Pres. Bush.
That can't be right or she would've choked on it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 26 min Brian_G 310,974
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 3 hr Trojan 32,248
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 5 hr IB DaMann 9,548
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 8 hr ChristineM 254,916
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Apr 28 Ela 38
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Apr 27 Jesse 201,845
News Kenny Drummond's Prep School Thingy (Jan '08) Apr 23 Bret Link 21
More from around the web