Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1278293 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1167105 Jul 15, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"shinninelectr0n"
Can you imagine reading "poops" bio/fantasy? Based on what he posts here every other word will be either profane or will be slurring and/or demeaning.
Peace
If it contains pictures, keep it away from kids and adult crackpots.
Even Steven

Ashburn, VA

#1167106 Jul 15, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
Not only have present day Democrats become a different party than JFK's Democratic Party but are trying to anger their misguided base just for votes.
I'm thankful no party could fool me like that.
It's deception at the highest level and anyone who falls for it is in need of some serious soul searching.
Starting invisible wars helps no one but those who have something to gain. Not the country.
Here are some prime examples:

So with the help of the Washington Post's Glen Kessler, here's a quick list of seven Democrats who have proved that they have no idea what the Hobby Lobby ruling was about:

7. Pelosi, D-Calif., June 10:“Really, we should be afraid of this court. The five guys who start determining what contraceptions are legal. Let’s not even go there.”

6. Democratic National Committee Chairwoman Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, D-Fla., June 30:“This is deeply troubling because you have organized religions that oppose health care, period. So if you have an employer who is a member of an organized religion and they decide, you know, I wouldn't provide health care to my own family because I object religiously, I'm not going to allow any kind of health-care treatment.”

5. Rep. Louise Slaughter, D-N.Y., June 30:“What they’ve done ... is taken away the religious freedom of their employees. They have to comply with the religious freedom of their employers.”

4. Rep. Gwen Moore, D-Wis., July 1:“You know, what I am objecting to is that these bosses should not be able to tell their employees that they cannot use birth control. Motherhood is not a hobby. That is what I am objecting to.”

3. Sen. Mark Udall, D-Colo., July 9:“The U.S. Supreme Court's Hobby Lobby decision opened the door to unprecedented corporate intrusion into our private lives. Coloradans understand that women should never have to ask their bosses for a permission slip to access common forms of birth control.”

2. Reid, D-Nev., July 8:“The one thing we are going to do during this work period, sooner rather than later, is to ensure that women’s lives are not determined by virtue of five white men. This Hobby Lobby decision is outrageous, and we are going to do something about it”(Justice Clarence Thomas, who ruled in favor of Hobby Lobby, is not white).

1. Sen. Jon Tester, D-Mont., July 10:“Before the Hobby Lobby decision, the fight against corporate influence was mainly about making sure real people and their ideas were in charge of elections. But now it is no longer just about a democracy; it is about keeping corporations out of our private lives, out of our bedrooms, and out of our religious decisions.”

The sad thing about these misleading statements is that it’s more likely Democratic lawmakers are purposely being dishonest with the Hobby Lobby ruling than it is that they’re really this ignorant.

http://m.washingtonexaminer.com/seven-ignoran...
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1167107 Jul 15, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Yep, that approach has worked real well for Israel so far__eh?
Israel is their own worst enemy. Their arrogance, their above all others attitude, their sense of entitlement,their ignorance in believing that they can outlast 2.5 billion Muslims. They have been responsible for most of our ills in that part of the world...I say cut them free, they will never learn and will drag us down with them. Their inability to get along with anyone is well documented..I would not sacrifice one American life for those social ingrates... Unless we could work out some kind of a deal to sacrifice our baggers..But then we would have to run them down and force them to fight their own battles, as opposed to other Americans losing their sons and daughters.
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1167109 Jul 15, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Just say "yes". You don't have to explain your bigotry. Obama doesn't.
You are living proof that baggers cannot figure out the difference between bigotry and doing what's right, between facts and political propaganda.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1167110 Jul 15, 2014
Even Steven wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama, Holder, and Democrats have purposely divided this country along racial lines. It will take decades to restore what we have lost.
You know that age old saying that "All the good intentions in the world will never add up to one single act"?

With Liberals, we want to keep it that way.
Even Steven

Frankfort, KY

#1167111 Jul 15, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Mindless gibberish.
The Republican voters settled on the team of John McCain and Sarah Palin in 2008 and then Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan in 2012.
In both elections the bulk of the nations voters along with the electoral college favored Barack Obama and Joe Biden.
Based on what I'm seeing in the Republican party presently__Obama-Biden would easily win again in 2016 if that were possible.
People such as yourself, and most other pretend conservatives posting here have tarnished the GOP.
According to a new Economist/YouGov.com poll, a strong majority of Americans who voted for President Obama in the 2012 election now admit that it was a mistake doing so. The results show that 71 percent of voters wish they never did.

The dissatisfaction over President Obama isn’t just among Republicans. The survey found that 55 percent of Democrats regret voting for the incumbent and 71 percent of independents share the same sentiment.

http://economiccollapsenews.com/2014/02/19/vo...
Even Steven

Frankfort, KY

#1167112 Jul 15, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a racist. The people didn't want another Bush. Any Democrat would have won; face it, you are the party of losers, your party fked up this country and kept us in two wars, destroyed the economy; who in his right mind would vote for Romney? The man who hides his money in Switzerland? You're an idiot and a racist. You think only Democrats voted for President Obama? You're getting dumber by the minute
According to a new Economist/YouGov.com poll, a strong majority of Americans who voted for President Obama in the 2012 election now admit that it was a mistake doing so. The results show that 71 percent of voters wish they never did.

The dissatisfaction over President Obama isn’t just among Republicans. The survey found that 55 percent of Democrats regret voting for the incumbent and 71 percent of independents share the same sentiment.

Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1167113 Jul 15, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
If it contains pictures, keep it away from kids and adult crackpots.
So you are eliminating yourself?
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1167114 Jul 15, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Lowlife cat humper say what?
You really are an idiot, 87. Pretty soon you won't remember what an idiot commie you are.
Even Steven

Frankfort, KY

#1167115 Jul 15, 2014
<quoted text>
Oh fer krissakes Carol; stop it. Your President, Bush, capitalized on 9-11 his entire presidency; outspending any other president; expanding government through the Homeland Security Agency, which employs a half a million people. I swear you must be retarded.
http://beta.img.cbsnews.com/i/2012/05/01/6f85...
Remember this photo op? Mission Accomplished?
"Capitalized on 9/11"?? It became the focus of his entire presidency. He takes office in 1/2001 and then has the worst terrorists attack in history on US soil. He had to focus on never allowing this to happen again. What would you have done sweetheart?

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1167117 Jul 15, 2014
Even Steven wrote:
<quoted text>
Here are some prime examples:
So with the help of the Washington Post's Glen Kessler, here's a quick list of seven Democrats who have proved that they have no idea what the Hobby Lobby ruling was about:
7. Pelosi, D-Calif., June 10:“Really, we should be afraid of this court. The five guys who start determining what contraceptions are legal. Let’s not even go there.”
6. Democratic National Committee Chairwoman Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, D-Fla., June 30:“This is deeply troubling because you have organized religions that oppose health care, period. So if you have an employer who is a member of an organized religion and they decide, you know, I wouldn't provide health care to my own family because I object religiously, I'm not going to allow any kind of health-care treatment.”
5. Rep. Louise Slaughter, D-N.Y., June 30:“What they’ve done ... is taken away the religious freedom of their employees. They have to comply with the religious freedom of their employers.”
4. Rep. Gwen Moore, D-Wis., July 1:“You know, what I am objecting to is that these bosses should not be able to tell their employees that they cannot use birth control. Motherhood is not a hobby. That is what I am objecting to.”
3. Sen. Mark Udall, D-Colo., July 9:“The U.S. Supreme Court's Hobby Lobby decision opened the door to unprecedented corporate intrusion into our private lives. Coloradans understand that women should never have to ask their bosses for a permission slip to access common forms of birth control.”
2. Reid, D-Nev., July 8:“The one thing we are going to do during this work period, sooner rather than later, is to ensure that women’s lives are not determined by virtue of five white men. This Hobby Lobby decision is outrageous, and we are going to do something about it”(Justice Clarence Thomas, who ruled in favor of Hobby Lobby, is not white).
1. Sen. Jon Tester, D-Mont., July 10:“Before the Hobby Lobby decision, the fight against corporate influence was mainly about making sure real people and their ideas were in charge of elections. But now it is no longer just about a democracy; it is about keeping corporations out of our private lives, out of our bedrooms, and out of our religious decisions.”
The sad thing about these misleading statements is that it’s more likely Democratic lawmakers are purposely being dishonest with the Hobby Lobby ruling than it is that they’re really this ignorant.
http://m.washingtonexaminer.com/seven-ignoran...
They either don't want to know or, if they do, they don't want their easily fooled base to know.

Pretty sure they don't have a clue.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1167118 Jul 15, 2014
Even Steven wrote:
<quoted text>
That's your source? Andrew Moran is your source?

Obama is currently polling twice that of the Republican congress__and you're a moron.

Orlando, FL

#1167119 Jul 15, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
You are in the Evangelical political party ..n'uff said
So are you. T

But, thankfully, a movement among black churches is leaving your side's other evangelicals. And will be welcomed with open arms by both believers and nonbelievers alike on our side.

Right Galt? Shinning?
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1167120 Jul 15, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
So are you. T
But, thankfully, a movement among black churches is leaving your side's other evangelicals. And will be welcomed with open arms by both believers and nonbelievers alike on our side.
Right Galt? Shinning?
You use your religion just to justify your political hatred.

Orlando, FL

#1167121 Jul 15, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
foreign aid should be limited, but is necessary in some cases to further the interests of the United States.....primarily military aid to allies...
Galt hopes that Rand Paul avoids the extreme foreign policy mistakes of his father....
Rand Paul has a no nonsense "and I don't give a s--t if you don't like it" approach on just about every issue. Hope he doesn't lose that advantage. Pretty sure he's not as extreme about isolationism as his father - from a few things I've heard him say anyway.

Orlando, FL

#1167122 Jul 15, 2014
<quoted text>
You are a racist. The people didn't want another Bush. Any Democrat would have won; face it, you are the party of losers, your party fked up this country and kept us in two wars, destroyed the economy; who in his right mind would vote for Romney? The man who hides his money in Switzerland? You're an idiot and a racist. You think only Democrats voted for President Obama? You're getting dumber by the minute
You are a racist. Could you please just stop being a racist?

Any democrat WOULD have won in 2008 - so why didn't a more experienced democrat win?

There was no logical reason why he won again in 2012 except dirty politics, lies and more deception.

The propagandists used all three against Hillary in 2008 just to get her out of the way.

Now she's their new golden child.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1167123 Jul 15, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
It was considered a "historic vote" to many. It wouldn't have mattered to some voters if he said he was the devil himself.
Even prominent black Republicans voted for him against their conscience saying they lived to regret it.
Just like a lot of people who didn't care about anything else except voting for the first black (and half white) president. It was just the wrong man under the skin. And now a lot of people are realizing it too late.
Not sure why Democrats keep reminding us that he won and don't get that. Have you seen the polls since January - even since the end of last year? The "enchantment" has worn off.
Perhaps because he was more 'enchanting' than the alternative!
Hey Stupid

Skokie, IL

#1167124 Jul 15, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>That's your source? Andrew Moran is your source?
Obama is currently polling twice that of the Republican congress__and you're a moron.
how is Obama doing against his democrat congress?
Even Steven

Frankfort, KY

#1167125 Jul 15, 2014
<quoted text>
What about the famous quote from your President Bush?
"You know, one of the hardest parts of my job is to connect Iraq to the war on terror."
"I'm the commander -- see, I don't need to explain -- I do not need to explain why I say things. That's the interesting thing about being president." -
"This is an impressive crowd -- the haves and the have mores. Some people call you the elite -- I call you my base." --
"See, in my line of work you got to keep repeating things over and over and over again for the truth to sink in, to kind of catapult the propaganda."
"Goodbye from the world's biggest polluter."
"The most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden. It is our number one priority and we will not rest until we find him." --Washington, D.C., Sept. 13, 2001
19. "I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority." --Washington, D.C., March 13, 2002
18. "So what?" –President Bush, responding to a an ABC News correspondent who pointed out that Al Qaeda wasn't a threat in Iraq until after the U.S. invaded, Dec. 14, 2008
Let's not forget Obama.

No, no. I have been practicing...I bowled a 129. It's like -- it was like Special Olympics, or something."

"I've now been in 57 states -- I think one left to go." -at a campaign event in Beaverton, OR

"...you're absolutely right that John McCain has not talked about my Muslim faith"

"Let me be absolutely clear. Israel is a strong friend of Israel's...."

"On this Memorial Day, as our nation honors its unbroken line of fallen heroes -- and I see many of them in the audience here today..."

"In case you missed it, this week, there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died -- an entire town destroyed." --on a Kansas tornado that killed 12 people.

Orlando, FL

#1167126 Jul 15, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
You use your religion just to justify your political hatred.
You use your lungs to justify singing your personal theme song:

I could while away the hours
Conferrin' with the flowers
Consultin' with the rain

And my head, I'd be scratchin'
While my thoughts were busy hatchin'
If I only had a brain

(Of course, you DO have a brain...just try using it.)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 min Thinking 247,752
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 2 hr Bruin For Life 29,959
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 8 hr Emily 6,966
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) Wed cpeter1313 310,234
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Sep 1 Pastor Pete 201,864
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Aug 20 Jcrombie67 282
Hoophall Invitational - Miami Aug 17 Hoophall 1
More from around the web