Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1535664 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1166221 Jul 14, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
The day he was elected, we just became the Dumb and Dumber United States of America.
Hopefully, we're slowly but surely becoming the Wise and Wiser US of A.
But it's always darkest before the dawn...unless the damage done is irreversible.
Today's headlines, for example:
"Dirty bomb fears after ISIS rebels seize uranium stash"
http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/world/midd...
Only in your delusional hate warped mind Carol.
It was George W Bush who set into motion the events occurring in Iraq today. Even Glenn Beck gets it. Why don't you?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1166222 Jul 14, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
"Where has all the warming gone?"
Coldest Antarctic June Ever Recorded
' This is the coldest June ever recorded at the station, and almost the coldest monthly average ever – only September 1953 was colder, with a recorded average temperature of -23.5c (-10.3F).'
http://wattsupwiththat.com/2014/07/12/coldest...
'Global'
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1166223 Jul 14, 2014
Those evil Tea Party/Koch Brothers....

'State Attorney General Addresses OFB Concerning Water Issues, Possible HSUS Misrepresentation'

http://www.oklahomafarmreport.com/wire/news/2...
DEM Communist Party USA

Lillington, NC

#1166224 Jul 14, 2014
Attorney General Eric Holder said Sunday he and President Obama have been targets of “a racial animus”( It means that someone who is acting with racial animus is acting out of dislike, hatred motivated by racial discrimination. For example, a member of the Ku Klux Kan typically hates a Black or Latino person because of the color of his/her skin or his/her ancestry. by some of the administration’s political opponents.

“There's a certain level of vehemence, it seems to me, that's directed at me [and] directed at the president,” Holder told ABC.“You know, people talking about taking their country back.… There's a certain racial component to this for some people. I don’t think this is the thing that is a main driver, but for some there's a racial animus."

Holder said the nation is in “a fundamentally better place than we were 50 years ago.”

“We've made lots of progress,” he said.“I sit here as the first African-American attorney general, serving the first African-American president of the United States. And that has to show that we have made a great deal of progress.

“But there's still more we have to travel along this road so we get to the place that is consistent with our founding ideals,” he said.

He also stood by his controversial comments made during Obama’s first year in office, in which he said the U.S. was a “nation of cowards” when it comes to race.

“I wouldn't walk away from that speech,” Holder said.“I think we are still a nation that is too afraid to confront racial issues,” rarely engaging “one another across the color line [to] talk about racial issues.”

The attorney general also pointed to Republican efforts to enact stricter voter ID laws in southern States as evidence that more needed to be done to protect minority rights. Republicans have maintained the efforts are designed to prevent voter fraud, while Democrats say instances of fraud are exceedingly rare, and far outpaced by the minority population that does not have identification that would be unable to vote.

Holder called the laws “political efforts” designed to make it “more difficult” for “groups that are not supportive of those in power” to “have access to the ballot.”

“Who is disproportionately impacted by them? Young people, African Americans, Hispanics, older people, people who, for whatever reason, aren't necessarily supportive of the Republican Party,” Holder said, adding that “this notion that there is widespread in-person voter fraud is simply belied by the facts.”

Holder said the Justice Department was planning legal challenges of new voting laws in Ohio and Wisconsin. It has previously filed suit in Texas and North Carolina.

“I'm attorney general of the United States.… I will not allow people to take away that which people gave their lives to give, and that is the ability for the American people to vote,” Holder said.

Read more: http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/n...
Follow us:@thehill on Twitter | TheHill on Facebook

Attorney General Eric Holder said Sunday he and President Obama have been targets of “a racial animus”( It means that someone who is acting with racial animus is acting out of dislike, hatred motivated by racial discrimination. For example, a member of the Ku Klux Kan typically hates a Black or Latino person because of the color of his/her skin or his/her ancestry. by some of the administration’s political opponents.

This is a LIE !
The white people who are majority voters of the population voted for Obama in
2008 and 2012 !!!! Now tell me please who are the racial animus ??
Could it be the Blacks ??????
Hey Stupid

Chicago, IL

#1166225 Jul 14, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
I think we should arm the Palestinians and that would settle that issue. Perhaps if Israel would spend as much time trying to get along with their neighbors as they do manipulating, belittling, conniving and pretending to be the chosen ones while whining and lying like the parasites that they have proven to be, just maybe that would be helpful.
I think if you support terrorists, you should be given death week, not a death sentence. Look at the liar saying he served in the military, a military guy supporting terrorists. You are a liar. A loser and a liar, hell if Obama told you to shoot Americans you would.
Hey Stupid

Chicago, IL

#1166227 Jul 14, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee....Progressives want to take guns away from Conservatives/Americans, yet you want to arm terrorists?
He would kill Americans if Obama told him too, we are living in a sick world with people like Ghost, if he lived next door to me I would report him to the Feds.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1166228 Jul 14, 2014
Those evil Koch Brothers...

Charity Navigator and the HSUS...

'The Humane Society of the United States'

'Charity Navigator has become aware of the following information in connection with this charity:...'

http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm...
Hey Stupid

Chicago, IL

#1166229 Jul 14, 2014
OK about Ghost and the Feds, since Holder is not exactly against the terrorists like Ghost, I would have to tell Holders people that Ghost actually started using the N word and he would definitely go after him. :)
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1166230 Jul 14, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
'Global'
What's your carbon foot print?
Hey Stupid

Chicago, IL

#1166231 Jul 14, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
those evil Jews...
tweet...
'A rocket fired from Gaza hit electricity infrastructure in Israel that supplied power to Gaza, cutting power to about 70,000 people in Gaza.'
IDF
@IDFspokesperson
The bad Palestinians bombed the bad Palestinians. They bombed their own city of Rammalah. It doesn't get any finer.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1166233 Jul 14, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
Those evil Koch Brothers...
Charity Navigator and the HSUS...
'The Humane Society of the United States'
'Charity Navigator has become aware of the following information in connection with this charity:...'
http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm...
i was just reading this....

The Koch Brothers: The Extremist Roots Run Deep

....back in 1929 – before the sudden stock market crash and nearly three years before the patent case went to trial -- Koch’s firm signed contracts to build cracking stills in the U.S.S.R.

The communist regime didn't recognize intellectual property rights, but it did pay well.

America had broken diplomatic ties with Russia nearly twelve years earlier, after the bloody Bolshevik revolution. Koch's firm was not the only U.S. company doing business there. Henry Ford inked a deal, too.

Koch spent a few months in the Soviet Union to help fulfill the terms of the $5 million contract. He claimed the experience made him deeply anti-communist, but that didn't stop him from cashing in on Stalin's rubles.

- See more at: http://www.progressive.org/news/2014/07/18777...

oh sure.'anti'-communist.[?]
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1166235 Jul 14, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
What's your carbon foot print?
beyond the Leaf, the same as yours i imagine.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1166236 Jul 14, 2014
Random post:

'PS without BMW … liberals would be forced to choose between Range Rover, Mercedes and Jaguar. The horror.'

-ofaycat
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1166237 Jul 14, 2014
Hey Stupid wrote:
<quoted text>I think if you support terrorists, you should be given death week, not a death sentence. Look at the liar saying he served in the military, a military guy supporting terrorists. You are a liar. A loser and a liar, hell if Obama told you to shoot Americans you would.
You are way toooo stupid to comprehend the situation and being a draft dodging crybaby like Waxballs is your punishment.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1166238 Jul 14, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
beyond the Leaf, the same as yours i imagine.
I focus on the good things that fossil fuels do for me....

You focus on what someone tells you to....
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1166239 Jul 14, 2014
Hey Stupid wrote:
OK about Ghost and the Feds, since Holder is not exactly against the terrorists like Ghost, I would have to tell Holders people that Ghost actually started using the N word and he would definitely go after him.:)
Racist, whining, retarded pig say what????
Hey Stupid

Chicago, IL

#1166240 Jul 14, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
You are way toooo stupid to comprehend the situation and being a draft dodging crybaby like Waxballs is your punishment.
Ah yes you support Obama., talk about being too stupid to comprehend...I suggest you start your morning chant: Obama Obama Obama. Only muslims approve of him.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1166241 Jul 14, 2014
Billions for illegal aliens...

and the we have this...

'Pentagon gives pink slips to thousands of soldiers, including active-duty officers'

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/07/13/pe...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1166242 Jul 14, 2014
Signs the Progressive 'you did not build that' economy is on fire!

'Congoleum flooring plant in Hamilton to close, lay off 65 workers'

http://www.nj.com/mercer/index.ssf/2014/07/co...
Hey Stupid Palestinians

Chicago, IL

#1166243 Jul 14, 2014
If they drop leaflets on your head, get out. How dumb can you be? Ghost wants to arm you and yet you are too stupid to read.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Would Phart 33,095
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr silly rabbit 314,353
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 hr superwilly 258,471
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) May 16 Patriot 11,170
Penn State University & State College May 12 Truechange 1
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Apr '17 GLOBAL FUNDING SO... 43
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Apr '17 DelucaKoehn 11
More from around the web