Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1780753 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1166074 Jul 13, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>oh dear, i kicked that fools ass last year...
still waiting for him to haunt me till the end of time as he promised. but alas, it will never happen as he has been beaten....much like you..beaten down to the lying sack of shit you truly are..how can you even show your face after being shown to be such an asshole liar? have you no shame?
Wait a minute! Did I miss another smack-down? Dammit Jeff! I swear, you keep talking about smack-downs but no one ever sees one. These beatings of yours are a lot like UFO's, right? Or Bigfoot?(Although a pinch of your DNA could shed some valuable light on that subject.) Do you and your mom keep in touch?

“Support Safe School Bill”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1166075 Jul 13, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Knock it off, Galt.
Aren't you tired of being the apologist all of the time?
Conservatives should have come out with both fists swinging to prove the liberal bias when Akin simply chose the wrong word in light of the precedent to his "oh so offensive" misstatement.
And showed his apology ad nauseam.
If Romney had put up his dukes after all the liberal lies and propagandized campaign ads in 2012, the election might have turned out differently.
Our fight is no longer with Democrats but the liberal media.
Can't we please just stop apologizing?
As for both party's immigration policies, I remain on the fence...unapologetically.
Obama screws up everything in lieu of his own political bias and agenda. Why should the present immigration crisis be any different?
You are being the apologist. There is NO useful purpose to fight this battle two years later.

Of all the issues facing us--Aikin is NADA.

“Support Safe School Bill”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1166076 Jul 13, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no, you should keep apologizing for making stupid, ignorant, untrue statements.
it won't get those bigoted fools elected but they should continue to apologize till the end of their days. as should you for your ignorant, bigoted statements.
So did you bore Death away.

You have that effect.
Death

New York, NY

#1166077 Jul 13, 2014
Old Boyscout saying: "Three in the head, you KNOW he's dead." I live by it... the boy's name is Lionel Corrigan. I check in with him every so often... he screamed so loud when I shot him, and KEPT screaming, I just left him there until the Flat Hats arrived. The noise he was making was weirdly comforting and I think cause I said that in court that, that's why they sent me to jail. What a world...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1166078 Jul 13, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait a minute! Did I miss another smack-down? Dammit Jeff! I swear, you keep talking about smack-downs but no one ever sees one. These beatings of yours are a lot like UFO's, right? Or Bigfoot?(Although a pinch of your DNA could shed some valuable light on that subject.) Do you and your mom keep in touch?
well,(no thmay take some thinking and logic,so yuoumight want to sit down and get some bandages ready for any ruptured aneurisms...)

he said he would haunt every single post of mine till the end of time...

has that happened?

do try to keep up, dear....
Death

New York, NY

#1166079 Jul 13, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Heheheheheh, you're pretty funny when you unknot your republican panties old man... you ever have nail-fights on the jobsite? I used to live for those...

“Amor patriae.”

Eastern Oregon

#1166080 Jul 13, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no, the lakes here are just great..
are you saying mdbuilder is wrong and i don't live in iowa? like i wouldn't just kill myself if i did...
Say what? Google said you said you used to live in Iowa. I didn't create the search results, woodtick57 did.

St. Croix valley

#1166081 Jul 13, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
So did you bore Death away.
You have that effect.
repeatedly showing you to be wrong is boring..but it must be done..shall we go over the list of proven lies you have told here again?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1166082 Jul 13, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Knock it off, Galt.
Conservatives should have come out with both fists swinging to prove the liberal bias when Akin simply chose the wrong word in light of the precedent to his "oh so offensive" misstatement.
If Romney had put up his dukes after all the liberal lies and propagandized campaign ads in 2012, the election might have turned out differently.
As for both party's immigration policies, I remain on the fence...unapologetically.
Obama screws up everything in lieu of his own political bias and agenda. Why should the present immigration crisis be any different?
Akin was so determined to justify opposition to abortion in all cases. including rape, that he simply either lied or was grossly ignorant.....

the man was a fool and should have had the common decency to drop out of the race....and Romney should have demanded that Akin do so.....

if you want to win other issues on the facts, you cannot continue to argue a lie....

one could also discuss how anti-abortion zealots would react if their own children were impregnated by rapists.... but that's another subject.....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1166083 Jul 13, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares? Really? Of all the things to get excited about-IRS, Benghazi, illegals, etc.--this is what you choice to fret about?
For what purpose? Absolutely NONE. He isn't running for office--he is a has been that everyone --except you-- has told to shut up and go away.
some people have only one issue....

St. Croix valley

#1166084 Jul 13, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are being the apologist. There is NO useful purpose to fight this battle two years later.
Of all the issues facing us--Aikin is NADA.
but akin isn't really dead, his spirit lives on in the current iteration of the GOP that has totally failed to change their losing ways after the last elections cylce's embarrassment.

it is just those social issues that the US electorate will not stand for anymore. adn the GOP hasn't changed their stance on them one iota...

this will be their death knell. true conservatism will arise again but this idiocy has hampered its effectiveness in this nation.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1166085 Jul 13, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>what president was convicted of rape?
are you talking about Jefferson having sex with his slave? that would be rape, wouldn't it?
There's speculation they might have actually loved each other and had an intimate relationship. Sally Hemings and one of her sons lived in France with Jefferson for a while, the son trained as a chef.

Three of Hemings' four surviving children chose to identify as white adults in the North.

Beverley and Harriet Hemings married well in the white community in Washington, DC.

Madison and Eston Hemings married free women of color in Charlottesville and both achieved some success in life, were well respected by their contemporaries, and had children who repeated and built on their successes.

They worked as carpenters and Madison also had a small farm. Eston became a professional musician and bandleader.

They were well cared for by Jefferson no matter what the relationship between him and their mother.

And the real story remains unknown.
Death

New York, NY

#1166086 Jul 13, 2014
180 grain .270 jacketed bullet will make a serious MESS out of a bone at 175 yards, let me tell you... they were literally scooping it up with a coffee cup... heheheheh.. yeah, I built that...

“Amor patriae.”

Eastern Oregon

#1166087 Jul 13, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>well,(no thmay take some thinking and logic,so yuoumight want to sit down and get some bandages ready for any ruptured aneurisms...)
he said he would haunt every single post of mine till the end of time...
has that happened?
do try to keep up, dear....
Well, all I can say is, there you are and here he is.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1166088 Jul 13, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Knock it off, Galt.
wait, Galt understands now.....

you are Patrick posing as Carol to divide conservatives.....
Death

New York, NY

#1166089 Jul 13, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Say what? Google said you said you used to live in Iowa. I didn't create the search results, woodtick57 did.
OMIGAWD! that AnnnaMaria1982 over in the sidebar is HOT! She's a catlick too, so you know how they get when you touch 'em just so...

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1166090 Jul 13, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares? Really? Of all the things to get excited about-IRS, Benghazi, illegals, etc.--this is what you choice to fret about?
For what purpose? Absolutely NONE. He isn't running for office--he is a has been that everyone --except you-- has told to shut up and go away.
Maybe if Galt would stop blaming the outcome of the election on people like Akin and conservatives who oppose abortion, I wouldn't need to say that's gotta stop.

It's time for conservatives to fight the liberal media on their own terms and stop being the apologists and Mr. Nice Guy.

I'm sure you would agree.
Death

New York, NY

#1166091 Jul 13, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
some people have only one issue....
...and some people only have one testicle.. yet here you is..
Torn Sak

United States

#1166092 Jul 13, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
This guy is just another Topix 'be all that you can be' phony...like Ghost, only not quite so stupid.

St. Croix valley

#1166093 Jul 13, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
if you are such an idiot to waste months stalking me and come up with the wrong guy, then yes,

amazing how stupid you are...oh yeah so stupid you would lie about getting your draft lottery over a year before there was a lottery!

lying scum...seriously, how can you show your face here after that?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 4 hr cpeter1313 345,942
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 5 hr Brew In 36,089
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Jun 10 hojo 12,419
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jun 5 Public Accommodation 201,480
do you need a loan (Sep '13) May 30 zan 5
News Carlisle's Fitzgerald signs to play at Norfolk ... May '18 Go phartse 4
News PBA: Columbian parades new import vs Aces May '18 AndPhartse 2