Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1403207 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1165348 Jul 12, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i think the record will show that the GOP affliction of practicing at failing is consistently bringing the same results.
most musicians learn from what other musicians do. as long as the GOP is stuck in it's incestuous cycle of 'learning', it's just going to keep failing to further it's intellect.
so i can play the guitar like Bruce Cockburn just by listening to his music and watching him play? sorry, tried that and it didn't work.

no musicians learn by practice.

einstein has made many wrong statements, this is one of them.the folly is , of course, not einstien's everyone makes erroneous statements, the folly is in people believing that everything a brilliant person said is correct.

on the taxation issue, you are correct, since the rich pay, by far, the majority of the taxes in this nation we are not ready to stop that overburden of responsiblity on them until the rest of the nation is willing to step up to the plate and pay their fair share also...

St. Croix valley

#1165349 Jul 12, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Turns out there's this document that these guys wrote in Philadelphia a couple hundred years back...
13 unanimous SCOTUS decisions shows his admin has overstepped the law.
thank you for proving mdbuilders idiotic assertion wrong.

i guess we can put that stupid comment to rest, huh?

“Depends on the Day”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1165350 Jul 12, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ruth Ginsburg noted in her dissenting opinon that "IUDs are expensive and that removing company support for them could leave some female employees without the "most effective" medical option for their needs." "Illegal" may have been the wrong word but it comes pretty darn close. If you allow companies to forbid their insurance carrier from paying for contraceptives, you pretty much make them "illegal" in the workplace.
"illegal" in the work place--good grief

Most Health Care exchanges does not cover dental care.....Dental care is "illegal" in the work place

Most Health Care exchanges does not cover glasses ......Glasses are "illegal" in the work place

Many of the Health Care exchanges limits who they will pay to provide services.......Your doctor is "illegal" in the work place

St. Croix valley

#1165351 Jul 12, 2014
damn punctuation...

*no, musicians learn by practice ....

“Depends on the Day”

Location hidden

#1165352 Jul 12, 2014
scirocco wrote:
<quoted text>
Lily brought it up all I did was clarify
Sorry, I know.

I was just trying to emphasize that lily was trying to insert a red herring.

“Depends on the Day”

Location hidden

#1165354 Jul 12, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>thank you for proving mdbuilders idiotic assertion wrong.
i guess we can put that stupid comment to rest, huh?
woodenhead, I showed that you were wrong

Now scoot along
Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1165355 Jul 12, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
You just destroyed your own argument genius. If they can't be used for chemical warfare then they're no longer WMD. A can of Raid is also highly toxic but not a weapon unless of course you're a cockroach.
You're an idiot Waxman, you always were and always will be!
Look Mr. 62 percent.

When were they degraded? Experts admit the residues can in fact be used.

“It is doubtful that Isis have the expertise to use a fully functioning chemical munition but there are materials on site that could be used in an improvised explosive device,” he told the Telegraph.“We have seen that Isis has used chemicals in explosions in Iraq before and has carried out experiments in Syria.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/mid...

You're an idiot Waxman, you always were and always will be!

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1165356 Jul 12, 2014
scirocco wrote:
<quoted text>
They believe a fertilized egg is equal to life. Terminating that is an abortion.
Can you prove otherwise?
Can you "PROVE" that a zygote or a blastocyst represents "life"?
Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1165357 Jul 12, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah don't you just hate it when I completely demolish your totally false claim that background checks will result in some kind of data base?
If you want to see an idiot; look in the mirror.
The only thing you could "demolish" Mr. 62 Percent, is your own life. That's why you live where you do and your kid went to a school that accepts just about anyone that applies.

Baawwaaahhh!!!!

“Depends on the Day”

Location hidden

#1165358 Jul 12, 2014
"If the worst that Barack Obama does is ruin the economy, I'll breathe a sigh of relief." Thomas Sowell

St. Croix valley

#1165359 Jul 12, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
woodenhead, I showed that you were wrong
Now scoot along
no dear, you showed that obama cannot skirt the law as mdbuilder suggested he does all the time. i asked why he doesn't just do that then and you pointed out that it cannot be done as our system of checks and balances prevents it...

sad that you don't even know what you are doing. sad, but not unexpected from previous posts of yours.

“Depends on the Day”

Location hidden

#1165360 Jul 12, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you "PROVE" that a zygote or a blastocyst represents "life"?
Translation--Progressives NOW do not want to discuss science but philosophy.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1165363 Jul 12, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
"Poor people have been voting Democrat for 50 years and they're still poor." Charles Barkley
There will always be poor people. That doesn't mean they don't rise to the middle or upper class under a Democratic president.
However, since you opened the door by giving credence to a basketball player:
" I was a Republican until they lost their minds, The word 'conservative' means 'discriminatory,' practically. It's a form of political discrimination. What do the Republicans run on? Against gay marriage and for a war that makes no sense. A war that was based on faulty intelligence. That's all they ever talk about. That and immigration. Another discriminatory argument for political gain." (Charles Barkley)
"The Republicans are full of it. The Democrats are a little less full of it." (Charles Barkley)
"I don't like the way the Republicans are taking this country. Every time I hear the word "conservative," it makes me sick to my stomach, because they're really just fake Christians, as I call them. That's all they are." (Charles Barkley)
On "fake Christians": "Well, I think they -- they want to be judge and jury. Like, I'm for gay marriage. It's none of my business if gay people want to get married. I'm pro-choice. And I think these Christians -- first of all, they're supposed to be -- they're not supposed to judge other people. But they're the most hypocritical judge of people we have in this country. And it bugs the hell out of me. They act like they're Christians. And they're not forgiving at all." (Charles Barkley)

“Depends on the Day”

Location hidden

#1165364 Jul 12, 2014
CNN covers "White Gays stealing Black Girl's culture"

Never knew there was a trademark on culture.
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1165365 Jul 12, 2014
Olive Oil wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the only churches you should be so vehemently concerned with are those mosques given tax exempt status and operating as fronts for radical islamic groups.
Their shuffling of vast capital to these groups are imposing a moral code, theirs.
It's called jihad and sharia.
Talk about "telling people with no moral code" in the same sentence with "how to run others' treacherous lives ... " might then make sense.
And as long as these mosques keep receiving tax exemptions from mainly leftist/corrupt administrations, they're going to continue to vote Democrat.
Along with the vast population of Illegal Mexicans ...
Add to that the impoverished minorities ...
And the fluff head young leftists ...
Don't forget the Hollywooders ...
That is a large voter base that out numbers The Evangelical Christian vote.
Many who voted for Baraq, by the way. RE: Black Baptists. Liberal Evangelicals. Evangelical Christian is synonymous with Born Again Christian.
Which makes your argument against Evangelical Christians rather irrelevant.
And mirrors the vitriolic hatred for Christians shared by the leftist Communists and Muslims.
And that's all I have to state on this subject ...
Under the Constitution all religions including Islam are equal in the eyes of the law you miserable, ignorant bigot. It's not Muslims that are trying to impose their beliefs on others, it's right wing Christians who among other things want to deny gays and lesbians equal rights and protections under the law, by throwing road blocks into a woman's right to control their own bodies and even what kind of contraceptives they can get through insurance.
Illegal immigrants don't vote for anyone STUPID.
Poor minorities have the same right to vote as you do you racist piece of fecal matter.
The rest of your post is just asinine hog wash.
You're an idiot Olive; you always have been and always will be!
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1165366 Jul 12, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Which law are you referring to, a**hole? Obama shows utter contempt for laws he deems inconvenient. To suggest he's somehow restricted by regulation or precedent is absurd. The opposite is true. He goes out of his way to spit in the face of convention and tradition.That being said, get fcked you fckn fck.
Post reported for foul stupidity.

Have you learned the number of children who have entered the US illegally from Honduras, El Salvador and Guatemala since October 2013 yet pal?

St. Croix valley

#1165367 Jul 12, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Translation--Progressives NOW do not want to discuss science but philosophy.
science will tell you that a fertilized egg is not life anymore than any other cell on your body.

St. Croix valley

#1165368 Jul 12, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Post reported for foul stupidity.
Have you learned the number of children who have entered the US illegally from Honduras, El Salvador and Guatemala since October 2013 yet pal?
don't worry, Roxlo proved him wrong.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1165369 Jul 12, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>so you are saying he n do whatever he wants and enact whatever law he wants? why hasn't he done so yet?
found your draft card yet?
Hard time understanding English Jeffrey? There wasn't one word said about enacting laws. He ignores, circumvents and alters laws, whenever he sees fit.
All those years as a college professor for naught. Pity.

“Depends on the Day”

Location hidden

#1165370 Jul 12, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
There will always be poor people. That doesn't mean they don't rise to the middle or upper class under a Democratic president.
Edited response. Is it not a fact poor people vote Democrat? Is it not a fact that poverty levels are at record heights. There is a disconnect here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 4 min JackArmStrong 311,485
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 33 min ChristineM 255,926
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 5 hr litesong 9,985
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 23 hr Trojan 32,307
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Fri Frankie Rizzo 201,877
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Jul 21 Ceren 7
What Ever Happen To Niagara Basketball (May '15) Jul 17 Disappointed PE 3
More from around the web