Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1396356 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1164398 Jul 10, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you so inept you can't prevent them from reaching U.S. soil? Did you know, since April, "kids" represent less than 25% of the 300,000 that have responded to Obama's invitation?
If we could prevent them from reaching U.S. soil, we wouldn't have a crisis now would we? Think before you type. Anyone who falls for the conservative claim that these people are responding to "Obama's invitation" is just plain stupid.

“Depends on the Day”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1164399 Jul 10, 2014
Also Sprach wrote:
<quoted text>
Hillary knows her health will not allow her to withstand a presidential campaign. Her doctors no doubt have told her this.
She'll ride the lucrative speech wave -- first they'll be political in nature, then they'll be a pity party payoff.
I really think Hillary thought her 72% approval would pull her through. As the numbers go down--I think she is reconsidering.
Patrick

United States

#1164400 Jul 10, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Patrick, why do you always insist on playing the role of the confused poster who can never understand what a post says?
Akin is not a candidate for Potus-fool.
With a bit of help from you, Carol and Galt he would be in the White House as a Republican.
Did well running for the Senate.

Akin ran for the U.S. Senate in 2012. He stoked widespread controversy that derailed his campaign when he remarked in a local interview:“First of all, from what I understand from doctors,[pregnancy from rape] is really rare.” He added that “if it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down.” He later apologized in a television commercial, saying, "I used the wrong words in the wrong way, and for that I apologize."Akin went on to lose to Sen. Claire McCaskill (D).The book will be released next week.

“Depends on the Day”

Location hidden

#1164401 Jul 10, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you brain dead? Boehner is the one who refused to consider the Senate's bipartisan "Gang of Eight" immigration proposal which passed the Senate last July...20,000 more border agents, completing 700 miles of fence along the boundary with Mexico, and deploying $3.2 billion in technology upgrades similar to equipment used by U.S. forces in Iraq and Afghanistan. Together with stronger worker verification and border entry-exit controls.
You are a one trick pony incapable of discussing two issues at once. Sad.
Folks, this is the fifth time I have told senseless that the law she was moaning and groaning about--Bush's fault-- and she claimed was preventing Obama from deporting the children is the TVPRA act.

Senseless even linked to an article discussing this
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/201...

Now she wants to discuss the Dream Act that has NOTHING to do with what is being discussed.

We need a solution to the current situation. And YES there are solutions that do NOT demand passing the Dream Act. You are the one stuck here.
Patrick

United States

#1164402 Jul 10, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
I really think Hillary thought her 72% approval would pull her through. As the numbers go down--I think she is reconsidering.
Elizabeth Warren would make a better subject for Tea Party posts?
Still feel Akin has the pulse of the Evangelicals in the Party

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1164403 Jul 10, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! History's a bitch sometimes eh?
They keep trying to do spring cleaning by wiping off Bush's fingerprints from everything he touched. Guess they think it is virtuous not to rat on a colleague. Much like the Cosa Nostra.

“Depends on the Day”

Location hidden

#1164404 Jul 10, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
With a bit of help from you, Carol and Galt he would be in the White House as a Republican.
Did well running for the Senate.
Patrick, you making up lame excuses for proposing a candidate that no one is mentioning is rather pathetic.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1164405 Jul 10, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
How many times are you going to wonder off from your original whine that Obama cannot deport the children because of a Bush law?
There is a very simple solution to this objection that you have spent all afternoon running away from.
I am very focused and not easily distracted.
It's not a "whine". It's the truth and he has asked Congress to do something about it.

“Depends on the Day”

Location hidden

#1164406 Jul 10, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Elizabeth Warren would make a better subject for Tea Party posts?
Still feel Akin has the pulse of the Evangelicals in the Party
Are you mocking Elizabeth Warren as a Dem candidate? You are out of your league to be attempting to debate this.

I moving on.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1164407 Jul 10, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the person who had the Mexican army shooting our border agents.
You are the one that has some explaining to do.
No, it is your side that is itching for a showdown between the National Guardsmen and the Mexican Army. Not a brain between you.
Patrick

United States

#1164408 Jul 10, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Folks, this is the fifth time I have told senseless that the law she was moaning and groaning about--Bush's fault-- and she claimed was preventing Obama from deporting the children is the TVPRA act.
Now she wants to discuss the Dream Act that has NOTHING to do with what is being discussed.
We need a solution to the current situation. And YES there are solutions that do NOT demand passing the Dream Act. You are the one stuck here.
Dream Act seems a positive move.

Republicans opposed admitting Jewish Children to the US fleeing Germany in the 1930s

Latinos voted for President Barack Obama over Republican Mitt Romney by 71% to 27%,

Try to keep up and stay on topic

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1164409 Jul 10, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Stay focused deary. We have been discussing TWO issues not one. You really need to learn to stay focused. The child crisis is the result of Bush's law. The Border issue is the fault of the House's refusal to address border security. Got it????

“Depends on the Day”

Location hidden

#1164410 Jul 10, 2014
*am

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1164411 Jul 10, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Dream Act seems a positive move.
Republicans opposed admitting Jewish Children to the US fleeing Germany in the 1930s
Latinos voted for President Barack Obama over Republican Mitt Romney by 71% to 27%,
Try to keep up and stay on topic
Keeping up and staying on topic doesn't compute in her brain.
Patrick

United States

#1164413 Jul 10, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you mocking Elizabeth Warren as a Dem candidate? You are out of your league to be attempting to debate this.
I moving on.
Senator Elizabeth Warren might make a fine Candidate.
Former Republican Rep. Akin is releasing his book in time for the 2014 elections.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1164414 Jul 10, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Your post made no sense.
It's simple deal really__most Americans can't fathom the US border with Mexico__they see videos of the San Ysidra crossing or videos of some fence or videos of the Rio Bravo or Rio Grande and become experts on the subject.
Just to the Southeast of El Paso in Fabin Texas is an interesting US Border Patrol Station. Interesting because Interstate 10 runs right through the station, everyone stops gets waved through or questioned by a US Border Patrol uniformed officer. Those who are directed to the questioning lane get a five to fifteen minute glimpse of the sheer craziness that goes on along the US border with Mexico.
Off to the side there are buses, agents on horse back and small groups of Mexicans who have been rounded up within the past few hours. The Mexicans, both men and women have just walked over from Mexico and are going right back__adios and better luck next time.
The agents know many of the Mexicans and vice versa, they've met under the same circumstances many times before__whack-a-mole comes to mind. And it's been going on for years in that place and many others.
More recently they photograph the men, their tattoos and do a quick compare to federal databases but the beat goes on__day in and day out. It's like a fing joke.
Many of the men are trying to enter the US to find work, some are trying to get out of Mexico and away from debt or criminal charges__border control is a nasty business and it doesn't pay very well.
go to Lukeville, AZ and see an entirely different border.....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1164415 Jul 10, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, Oh, you used the "v" word again. I'm sure the little girls have reported you by now. Bye, Bye post.
stop being mean to your sidekick Ghost....

clearly, you are a racist...
Patrick

United States

#1164416 Jul 10, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
go to Lukeville, AZ and see an entirely different border.....
Latinos voted for President Barack Obama over Republican Mitt Romney by 71% to 27%.
So how will Republicans handle the immigration issue?
Evangelicals seems to have let you down a bit in 2012
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1164417 Jul 10, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would there be a confrontation with the Mexican Army? Wouldn't that be considered a hostile act by Mexico. The US has the right to prevent illegal entry into our country.
including illegal entry by Mexican military/police helicopters firing into the US.....

the Mexican Army is almost as big a joke as the French Army....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1164418 Jul 10, 2014
speaking of Mexico, if those druggies don't return the Marine being held in Tijuana, we should nuke them....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 7 min Bob of Quantum-Faith 255,548
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 6 hr Into The Night 9,887
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 8 hr Chosen Traveler 32,291
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 14 hr ThomasA 311,360
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jun 27 Barbi A 201,865
News What they're saying about Bulls draft pick Bobb... (Jun '15) Jun 20 Tretre 6
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Jun 6 James Harry 41
More from around the web