Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1395631 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1163931 Jul 9, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
because the Bible was not written by Christ, nor even contemporaneous to his life.....
I'd like to read the Book of Judas.....

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1163932 Jul 9, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, what were you and Galt arguing with me about then?
Didn't you criticize the "church ladies" in Murietta for feeding them too and accused them of making some kind of political statement in doing so?
It's just a simple misunderstanding, I'm sure.
There is a point of contention here but, as far as I'm concerned, it's not a sharp one.

1.) They are being fed by our government so there's no starvation crisis.

2.) Therefore, anyone who goes to feed them is not meeting a critical need but simply exercising and displaying a sociopolitical/religious celebration.

3.) The downside of #2 is that it feeds the monster in the Oval Office. It plays right into his hands and into the Liberal Media's hands. This is Oprah and Katie Couric stuff. It is a huge mistake to go feed kids before Magic Negro's Media cameras - kids who are absolutely in no danger at all of starvation.

It's a crucible of discussion but a small one you might pick up at WalMart;-)

Lapeer, MI

#1163933 Jul 9, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I'd guard the border if *someone* would provide me with unlimited ammo.
And why should YOU have all the fun, eh?

Praise the Lord and pass the ammo.

One for you...one for me....One for you.....One for me;-)

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1163934 Jul 9, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
because the Bible was not written by Christ, nor even contemporaneous to his life.....
If you walked with the Son of God as a disciple and hung onto his every word, you'd probably remember pretty much everything he said and pass it on with accuracy.

According to Biblical scholars, Mark's Gospel was written around 40 years after Christ's death.

It wouldn't be that difficult to recount with near accuracy what someone very important said to your father who passed it on to you 40 years later.

And there were lots of people who heard the same thing.

Bottom line is you believe it's the Word of God inspired by the Holy Spirit or you don't.

It's a personal decision.

(My goodness, how time flies! It's late all of a sudden...)

Lapeer, MI

#1163935 Jul 9, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Obummer went to Texas today for fundraising....in front of cameras the whole time he spent there. Yet when asked (on camera) why he refused to view the border fiasco said he didn't want the "theater", that he wasn't there for a photo-op...
...wtf, like he thinks he doesn't go for those every damn day when he's on the tv spewing another lie. I'm sick of seeing his ugly face on my screen talking shyt.
Doesn't want a photo-op? That's a first for that ego maniac. It's not just the lamest excuse ever, it's an insult to our collective intelligence, the stinking subversive.
I understand there is a huge billboard on the shores of the Rio Grand depicting the Magic Negro holding his Mom Jeans fly open urinating into the river with a title beneath saying "Border Security? We don't need no steenking Border Security, Gringo!"

Lapeer, MI

#1163936 Jul 9, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you'll find Obama is not only paying Mexico to transit illegals but he's paying to let them cross their southern border. What possible motivation would Mexico have, otherwise?
Old saying: If you can't make any sense of what is happening then try following the money.

It'll make lots of sense.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1163937 Jul 9, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a point of contention here but, as far as I'm concerned, it's not a sharp one.
2.) Therefore, anyone who goes to feed them is not meeting a critical need but simply exercising and displaying a sociopolitical/religious celebration.
3.) The downside of #2 is that it feeds the monster in the Oval Office. It plays right into his hands and into the Liberal Media's hands. This is Oprah and Katie Couric stuff. It is a huge mistake to go feed kids before Magic Negro's Media cameras - kids who are absolutely in no danger at all of starvation.
your argument, while logical, does nothing to feed the need of church ladies to believe that they are doing "the Lord's work"....

little knowing that they are serving Lord Obama.....

but if this empty gesture gives their meager lives some sense of fulfillment, who are we to deny them.....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1163938 Jul 9, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
If you walked with the Son of God as a disciple and hung onto his every word, you'd probably remember pretty much everything he said and pass it on with accuracy.
According to Biblical scholars, Mark's Gospel was written around 40 years after Christ's death.
It wouldn't be that difficult to recount with near accuracy what someone very important said to your father who passed it on to you 40 years later.
And there were lots of people who heard the same thing.
Bottom line is you believe it's the Word of God inspired by the Holy Spirit or you don't.
It's a personal decision.
(My goodness, how time flies! It's late all of a sudden...)
hearsay....inadmissable.....

like the old kid's game of telephone......

Orlando, FL

#1163939 Jul 9, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Would just have to take issue with the government feeding them in Murietta where this discussion started. The mayor said they weren't even told the immigrant children were coming until the very last minute and had no place to put them besides the jail.

Did the government send the food preceding their arrival? Nothing was mentioned if so. The women from the church in that town had to round up the food themselves from all accounts.

Otherwise, your argument has merit.

Lapeer, MI

#1163940 Jul 9, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
At the risk of some of my conservative friends turning on me again and accusing of me of being treacherous or conspiring with the enemy or whatever, I'd just like to post a simple observation.
There are Palestinians caught in the crossfire who are innocents - mostly women and children and likely a lot of men. Many live by their wits trying to survive in deplorable conditions after losing their homes and have nowhere else to go.
I support Israel's right to exist and defend itself. No one should make any mistake about that. Hamas is funded by Iran and hatred abounds among many other Palestinians.
But there are still innocent Palestinians who are simply victims of history and circumstance beyond their control.
After watching a movie set in the Palestinian/Israeli conflict, I just wanted to point that out.
Palestinians only need to break off ties with Hamas. Don't think that's going to happen.
This president and his administration are playing right into the hands of Iran.
Yes, Iran is funding Hamas but to be more precise about Magic Negro's involvement it is factual that he is helping to fund Hamas, too.

Of course there are innocents inside of every human conflict. German citizens suffered during both World Wars along with the Allies. But here is also another important consideration here.
As we bemoan the mess the Magic Negro has made of America, we can wonder aloud just how some of our fellow citizens voted us into this predicament.

So it is with the Palestinians. They voted Hamas into power and now those very same women you mentioned earlier are suffering but they incorrectly place the blame on Israel which is defending itself against Hamas rockets - the same Hamas they voted into power. The same Hamas that keeps the Palestinian economy in the Dark Ages. The same Hamas that keeps the women uneducated and Kow-towing to their males superiors. The same Hamas that wants the young to remain uneducated because it keeps their minds pliable before Allah and his suicide bombing.

Bottom line: some people cause their own suffering and then blame others for it.

To Wit: American Liberals and Palestinians.

“Depends on the Day”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1163941 Jul 9, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Since the word Christian by definition means a follower of Christ, how could anyone not believe the words of Christ and still call themselves a Christian?
Frankly, I'm shocked by some of the things you say and believe.
I think you are arguing just to be arguing NOW.

A simple search will show that there is many denominations that do not take the Bible literally.

Now it is time to move on from this.

Lapeer, MI

#1163942 Jul 9, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you are an idiot...
i think you'll find you just made the biggest fool of your self today..except when you showed your lying scum draft dodging face here again ...
found that draft card yet, bud?
why is it you never talk about your draft number anymore, pal?
wooddick: the little boy in the cowboy outfit shooting his cap-gun at the adults at a family barbecue.

Could somebody puhleez shut him up or at least put that little gun away so we can talk?

Thanks.

Lapeer, MI

#1163943 Jul 9, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>wow! it is so sad that we have people in the US as stupid as you...
you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about on this issue...
Bang! Bang!

You're dead!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HA......

You can be the Indian the next time, OK?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1163944 Jul 9, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Would just have to take issue with the government feeding them in Murietta where this discussion started. The mayor said they weren't even told the immigrant children were coming until the very last minute and had no place to put them besides the jail.
Did the government send the food preceding their arrival? Nothing was mentioned if so. The women from the church in that town had to round up the food themselves from all accounts.
Otherwise, your argument has merit.
if the buses are allowed into Murrieta, the illegals will be held at an existing Border Patrol facility for processing.....

the church ladies and their food will never get near the children.....

are you really that ignorant???...

Orlando, FL

#1163945 Jul 9, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
define "born again"......
Born of the spirit - the Holy Spirit. Happens automatically after repentance, forgiveness and believing the price for your sins/rebellion against God was paid on the cross.

Lapeer, MI

#1163946 Jul 9, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
You're absolutely right - this is not the right forum for this discussion.
However, I would be amiss not to take this opportunity to emphasize it was Jesus Christ who said, "I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."
He said "unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God"...(the flesh being born of the flesh and the Spirit being born of the spirit).
He likened it to the wind - blowing where it wishes but not knowing where it comes from and where it goes. The same as being born of the Spirit.
You can find the whole thing in John 3.
I was raised Christian so don't misinterpret my motives here, OK? I am not taking pot shots out of bitterness about a perceived flaw in the Bible, Christ, God or the Trinity or something on that order.

The Bible has some flaws in it. Some of this is due to how it was compiled. A lot of writings were gathered up while a lot were dispersed and discarded. Call it inspired Hodge-Podge if you like.

As just one example of many, Jesus said that unless a person returned to the ways of a child, they cannot enter into the kingdom of Heaven.

But then Paul corrects his audience by saying that when he was a child, he dealt with things as a child would but when he became an adult, he learned to see things as an adult.

If those Church Ladies feeding the "hungry" illegal immigrants are acting childlike then they are going against Paul and in agreement with Jesus.

I'll take Paul in this case but Jesus in other scenarios.

Lapeer, MI

#1163947 Jul 9, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
And I would gladly break bread with most liberals.
As the prophet Isaiah said in the Old Testament, "Come now, and let us reason together."
Most liberals would throw their bread AT me once we got to the part about reasoning together though.
I would rather break wind around a Liberal.

Lapeer, MI

#1163948 Jul 9, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
And I would gladly break bread with most liberals.
As the prophet Isaiah said in the Old Testament, "Come now, and let us reason together."
Most liberals would throw their bread AT me once we got to the part about reasoning together though.
Cast your bread upon the water......

it will come back to you.

Orlando, FL

#1163949 Jul 9, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
if the buses are allowed into Murrieta, the illegals will be held at an existing Border Patrol facility for processing.....
the church ladies and their food will never get near the children.....
are you really that ignorant???...
Seems the woman who was behind working with local churches to collect groceries, personal hygiene products and diapers in anticipation of the arrival of the children in Murietta is, in fact, an active supporter of immigration.

So you were right. I stand very humbly corrected. All this discussion could have been avoided if I had just done more research. My apologies.

You're also right about the children being taken to a border patrol facility. My bad. Very bad. Hope you will forgive me.
Olive Oil

Buffalo, NY

#1163950 Jul 9, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
define "born again"......
Like Incognito said - This really isn't the forum, but I will define it for you.

For now, let me just say: Out of ALL of the things Yeshua could have shared with Nicodemus why did he share something that held so much mystery:
"Being Born Again, Born of The Spirit" that even after Nicodemus admits "We know Rabbi you are a Teacher sent by God for only God can do the things we see you do ... " And yet Nicodemus still doesn't understand this strange thing told to him by The Esteemed Rabbi.

So, why does Yeshua choose this subject of Born Again ( of The Spirit ):?

Because it is vital to the personal relationship between Man and God.
God is Spirit ( Not "A" Spirit )... "Spiritual things are spiritually discerned".
Without Spirit Born one cannot commune with God in Spirit.
So we communicate with God ( Spirit ) in ( the ) Spirit of our inner being.
Think of it as a meeting place.

"he cannot enter the kingdom of God" ....
Without being born again in one's Spirit one cannot enter into the presence of God to commune with God. If one cannot communicate with God in this Holy Place, The Spirit, which He has set aside within all for Himself, for this purpose, then one has no
personal relationship with God. Like any other relationship, communication is essential.

I only answered because you asked and saw no reply.

PS The Scripture you quoted is The Gospel/The Good News in compact.
But it relates to Salvation. Born Again relates to inner change, communing and conversing with God. A believer's Spirit merging with God's Spirit.
Abiding in The Lord through prayer. Personal ongoing/abiding relationship.
Two very different aspects of the Christian Life.

John 8:31: He said,“If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples.”

Got up for some juice ... And here I am. And here I go! Good Night!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 4 hr Into The Night 9,870
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 14 hr Todd for Real 311,342
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 22 hr Barbi A 201,865
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Mon Trojan 32,289
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Mon ChristineM 255,511
News What they're saying about Bulls draft pick Bobb... (Jun '15) Jun 20 Tretre 6
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Jun 6 James Harry 41
More from around the web