Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1565645 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1164366 Jul 10, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are incredibly na´ve to assume everyone who voted for Obama MUST still support him. The polls show this is not true
I don't assume that at all. But deciding that two people is a huge rush away from Democrats is rather stupid.

You vote based on the better of two candidates. I don't see a Republican candidate that could beat a Democrat in the 2016 election. Not even your hero Ted Cruz.
Also Sprach

United States

#1164367 Jul 10, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Roxblo neglects to mention that the TVPRA was reauthorized as part of the reauthorization of the Violence against Women Act. It passed the Senate 95-5 & the house with 138 no votes.
Not surprized that all those voting against helping women victims of violence would be Republicans.( No war on women here nooooooooooo)
War on women, my azz. The vast majority of women aren't the fcking helpless victims that idiots like you make them out to be.
Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1164368 Jul 10, 2014
LapDogSeak:
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Roxblo neglects to mention that the TVPRA was reauthorized as part of the reauthorization of the Violence against Women Act. It passed the Senate 95-5 & the house with 138 no votes.
Not surprized that all those voting against helping women victims of violence would be Republicans.( No war on women here nooooooooooo)
Also Sprach

United States

#1164369 Jul 10, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>What's your need to lie fkface?
You should just stay on your other threads__we've got your kind of stupidity to spare here.
Couple of things here, RealFraud.

First of all he's not lying. Secondly, you and your smelly transgender socks are stupid enough for ten threads.
Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1164370 Jul 10, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Obama's invitation?
How about the Republicans telling the world the door is open & remain so until after the 2016 elections?
Maybe Obama should use the Bushg plan. Nearly kill this country so illegals won't want to come here.
How did Bush nearly kill this country, moron?
Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1164371 Jul 10, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't assume that at all. But deciding that two people is a huge rush away from Democrats is rather stupid.
You vote based on the better of two candidates. I don't see a Republican candidate that could beat a Democrat in the 2016 election. Not even your hero Ted Cruz.
The only one you have Lapdog, is Hillary, who was defeated in the primary last time around.
Also Sprach

United States

#1164372 Jul 10, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice!
LMAO! Yeah, suh-weet!

Another brilliant excuse to shirk responsibility. Your president is a coward who'd rather fund raise, shoot pool and drink beer.

You KNOW he wished he could have hit that choom he was offered in Colorado.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1164373 Jul 10, 2014
Waxman wrote:
Today was an interesting day. Two people I spoke to who voted for Obama said they will no longer vote Democrat.
It appears we have reached a tipping point where Obama & Democrats have gone too far with all of this corruption and leftwing silliness.
Must be tough for those Americans in your gulag son.

Or is it they're also convicted in America as well?
Waxman

New York, NY

#1164374 Jul 10, 2014
I'm still waiting for Carol to return so we can discuss my alien abduction 20 years ago. I really think she was abducted too. It's something you just know once it has happened to you.
headlinesYTube

Marietta, GA

#1164375 Jul 10, 2014

*Israel KNESSET admits "secret deal" w/ VATICAN

http://youtu.be/VBCPJaAI3y4

Even Steven

Frankfort, KY

#1164376 Jul 10, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Obama's invitation?
How about the Republicans telling the world the door is open & remain so until after the 2016 elections?
Maybe Obama should use the Bushg plan. Nearly kill this country so illegals won't want to come here.
Bush, Bush, Bush!!! Almost six years and you can't give it up!!

Look around you to see who is really killing this country!!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1164377 Jul 10, 2014
Waxman wrote:
Wow!
Ghost the thread sock just made about four posts in a row having a breakdown after me.
Baawwaahhh!!!!!
Next he'll be saying everyone here is Waxman.
lol! poor waxy.

so lazy he had to shorten his name.

I'm sure it now matches his other head much, much better!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1164378 Jul 10, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans are cracking.
... and getting desperate...
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1164379 Jul 10, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it necessary to explain that this is NOT the law being discussed to each Progressive separately?
The Progressive but, but Bush and the law is related to TVPRA NOT the Dream Act.
A simple change of this law will allow for the deportation of the children to move swiftly forward.
The woulda-coulda-shoulda syndrome..... You're afflicted badly son!!!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1164380 Jul 10, 2014
Also Sprach wrote:
<quoted text>
War on women, my azz. The vast majority of women aren't the fcking helpless victims that idiots like you make them out to be.
lol! Where would you like your azz hung son?

“Stop child soldiers ”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1164381 Jul 10, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Strange, I see her favorability numbers steadily decline from 72% to 47%. Her favorable to unfavorable rating is similar to other candidates that people are floating. She has NO advantage.

What you are seeing is a name that is familiar compared to a candidate that the public is less familiar with. Not much of a comparison.

If the trends continue, Hillary will not run.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Santa Barbara, CA

#1164382 Jul 10, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"uselesssinceforever "
Your posts make absolutely no sense. You think American's will stand for Mexican's firing on American's who are on US soil? If the boy president had the balls to put troops on the border, he does not, do you really think those troops would run? If American troops or border agents are on American sold protecting the border from illegals are fired on they should fire back.
You are not a patriot, you do not believe in defending the borders. You are enamored by the boy president, the president who while in Texas did not have the courage to go to the border area and get a first hand picture if the situation. Did not have the courage to talk to the folks affected. After all he has been briefed, he gets his information from the media.
Peace
KMA
GPUAR
You are very childish in your simplification of the issue.
Also Sprach

United States

#1164383 Jul 10, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Strange, I see her favorability numbers steadily decline from 72% to 47%. Her favorable to unfavorable rating is similar to other candidates that people are floating. She has NO advantage.
What you are seeing is a name that is familiar compared to a candidate that the public is less familiar with. Not much of a comparison.
If the trends continue, Hillary will not run.
Hillary knows her health will not allow her to withstand a presidential campaign. Her doctors no doubt have told her this.

She'll ride the lucrative speech wave -- first they'll be political in nature, then they'll be a pity party payoff.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Santa Barbara, CA

#1164384 Jul 10, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Senseless, what is your problem here? Are you confused about what law is being discussed? Or are you attempting a lame switch of topics?
The Law is TVPRA and it has nothing, NOTHING to do with the Dream Act.
So the House is going ahead with changing TVPRA so it will make deporting the children easier--no more but, but Bush and the law.
The POTUS meanwhile remains at "considering."
Try to focus. We have been discussing to different issues. Bush's TVPRA and the Republican House's refusal to take any action on immigration or border security. Losers.

You do realize that it was Obama that asked Congress to amend TVPRA don't you? Don't act like it was their idea.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1164385 Jul 10, 2014
Also Sprach wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO! Yeah, suh-weet!
Another brilliant excuse to shirk responsibility. Your president is a coward who'd rather fund raise, shoot pool and drink beer.
You KNOW he wished he could have hit that choom he was offered in Colorado.
Well let's see son...

bushie boy was sitting at an elementary school reading with kids when 9/11.

Then he ran off in his airplane.

Yep... reich wing idea of a leader....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 2 hr Poster X 33,425
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr ThomasA 315,269
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 18 hr John 258,478
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Sun Into The Night 11,293
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jul 12 New boy 201,878
News Johnny Brown Added To Coaching Staff (Oct '07) Jul 1 Brown Pharts 3
News Tragedy strikes family members of Leasure (Jul '08) Jun '17 Evidence phart 9
More from around the web