Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 53,441)

Showing posts 1,068,801 - 1,068,820 of1,078,384
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Saturday Jul 5

Judged:

Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
On the same note, I'd like to thank New York and Macy's in particular for one of the most inspiring Fourth of July fireworks displays I've seen in a very long time. They played patriotic music throughout the entire display. Did my heart good. Made me think of liberals - Obama especially. We're finally remembering who we are again and you all still don't get it. At least most of us do. We have Democrats to thank for that.
Ya darn tootin, we have Democrats
for leading us to victory in WWI: Wilson
for leading us out of the Depression: FDR
for gearaing up the manufacturing base to fight WWII: FDR
for leading us to victory in WWII: FDR
to have the backbone to use Nuclear weapons to break the back of the Japanese: HST
for rebuilding Europe after WWII and stopping the spread of the Soviet Union HST & George C Marshall, the author of the Marshall plan
to lead the nation to develop nuclear powered submarines: JFK
to develop the first sub launched ICBM's the biggest jump in weapons systems: JFK
for facing down the Soviet Union during the Berlin airlift
for facing down the Soviet Union and getting the ICBM's out of Cuba: JFK
for putting the country to work on the Space Race, forming NASA and the Apollo Missions: JFK
for bring civil rights to all Americans: LBJ

Now there have been some great strides by Republicans. Nixon and the formation of the EPA. Nixon also wanted to enact legislation for universal health care, but that got shot down.
George H.W. Bush for handling Gulf War I so deftly.

but the miserable failures of the Reagan administration, its backing of Fundamentalist Muslim Terrorists, arming, financing and training what was to become al Qaeda, their selling of arms, munitions and missile to terrorist sponsoring Iran, and their arming & training of South American Terrorists groups, along with supplying WMD's to Saddam, the Reagan administration was a dismal failure.
As was President George W Bush's administration, which was so bad you have to ask yourself where do I begin?
Jake

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Saturday Jul 5

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> We are a republic libtard! Democracies always collapse under their own wieght. We have a FEDERAL government not a national government libtard!!!! Learn the friggin' difference and then read the CONSTITUTION!!!!!
AMEN.

Since: Mar 14

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Saturday Jul 5

Judged:

Cried watching the Macy's fireworks display last night when they sang "God Bless America". But, then again, always do.

Sure lifted my spirits though - all those patriotic songs. We rarely hear or sing them anymore.
Olive Oil

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Saturday Jul 5

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>That's eight years ago when Mexican laborers were here by the millions to participate in George W Bush's housing boom , and rebuilding in the aftermath of Florida's 2004 trio of hurricanes and the 2005 Katrina.
What we have now is an influx (70,000) of Central American children and some of their mothers being admitted into the US (Texas) due to .nebulous legal hokey pokey that occurred during 2008.
Ya putcher right foot in, ya take yer right foot out, ya do the hokey pokey and ya shake it all about___
That's what it's all about.
Capisce?
"The study, recently published in the Journal of the American Medical Association, notes that,“TB rates were highest among residents from lower Africa and parts of Southeast Asia.”
What part of 'lower Africa and South East Asia" didn't you capisci?

This study done by the Center for Disease Control in 2007 had nothing to do with Mexicans.
However, according to the American Lung Association's PRIOR studies done in 2006:
"Over half of new TB cases (57%) were in foreign-born persons … More than half (56%) of the foreign-born cases in 2006 were reported in persons from Mexico, the Philippines, Vietnam, India, China AND Mexico.”

I'll give you the Illegal Mexicans in this 2006 Study. And reiterate, they can keep their Welfare-Dependence Status and their Diseases in their OWN Countries.
And you can keep your hokey-pokey dance and your Bush blaming.

What part of Fast and Furious, Eric Treason Holder and Baraq Communist Administration aiding and abetting Illegal Mexicans and known terrorists to come into this Country don't you capisci???

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Saturday Jul 5

Judged:

Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a rather striking and widely unknown fact. Did you know there were so many black slave owners in the south? I sure didn't.
Realtime just doesn't appreciate learning history as usual. But I find it very interesting.
As to the immigration problem, I rarely comment on the subject. You may or may not have noticed this.
Can't blame anyone for wanting a better life. Always said we should just give them California.
Obama created the problem with these children. Now it's all of our problem. But what else is new? It's what he does. Creates the problem so it becomes our problem.
But have no idea what to do with these children. My heart goes out to them regardless.
What's your solution?
I don't know what the solution is, but the problem started in 2008 when Congress passed a legislation and President Bush signed into a law that stated we cannot deport illegal immigrant children fleeing Central American coountries until we reunite them with family.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2014/06/...

In fact, desperate Central American parents are exploiting separate legal loopholes in American border security passed before Obama took office.

Unaccompanied minors fall under the bipartisan law, William Wilberforce Trafficking Victims Protection Reauthorization Act of 2008, which passed the House and Senate unanimously and was signed into law by President George W. Bush.

That law says the children cannot be sent back. They must instead be held humanely by the Department of Health and Human Services until the courts release them to a “suitable family member” in this country.

The child “shall be promptly placed in the least restrictive setting that is in the best interest of the child,” the law stipulates.“Placement of child trafficking victims may include placement in an Unaccompanied Refugee Minor program … if a suitable family member is not available to provide care.”

Department of Homeland Security (DHS) sources say more than 80 percent of these children will find permanent homes in the U.S., with either family or foster homes and not be sent back to Central America.

Meanwhile, there is no place to house those mothers flooding the border with their children, as Thomas Homan, executive associate director of ICE for Enforcement and Removal Operations, told a House committee last week.
Realtime

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Saturday Jul 5

Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Was gone most of the day Thursday, all day yesterday and in and out today.
Weekdays when I'm not working in the afternoons is about the only time I stay home.
Went and saw the movie "America" last night. It's where I learned some very interesting and new information.
You and Realtime should see it.
Dinesh D'Souza?

No thanks babe.

Now tell us all who Robert M Grooms is__and what the Barnes Review is.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Saturday Jul 5

Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
On the same note, I'd like to thank New York and Macy's in particular for one of the most inspiring Fourth of July fireworks displays I've seen in a very long time. They played patriotic music throughout the entire display. Did my heart good. Made me think of liberals - Obama especially. We're finally remembering who we are again and you all still don't get it. At least most of us do. We have Democrats to thank for that.
...and a round condemnation of CBS for dropping the Boston Pops concert, the very best Fourth of July celebration....

frankly, all of the concerts were very light on the patriotic theme.....

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Saturday Jul 5

Judged:

Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
really?!? during a patriotic display of fireworks on our nation's birhtday, your heart was filled with hatred and partisan thoughts? so sad, dear..or so much bullshit considering your vast vast histiory of posting pre, unmitigated bullshit, i would bet on the latter, although, yuo do seem like quite the spiteful, hate-filled hag...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Saturday Jul 5

Judged:

Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a rather striking and widely unknown fact. Did you know there were so many black slave owners in the south? I sure didn't.
Realtime just doesn't appreciate learning history as usual. But I find it very interesting.
As to the immigration problem, I rarely comment on the subject. You may or may not have noticed this.
Can't blame anyone for wanting a better life. Always said we should just give them California.
Obama created the problem with these children. Now it's all of our problem. But what else is new? It's what he does. Creates the problem so it becomes our problem.
But have no idea what to do with these children. My heart goes out to them regardless.
What's your solution?
as suspected, you appear to be a social liberal on this subject, like the rest of the evangelical church people.....

too bad....

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Saturday Jul 5

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Forget Madam C J__that's old news.
Tell us all who Robert M Grooms is and what The Barnes Review is.
Why forget that a black woman, Madam C. J. Walker, was the first female to become a self-made millionaire? And why is that old news? It was news to me.

But I looked up Robert M. Grooms and read about him on this website:
http://americancivilwar.com/authors/black_sla...

Now it's your turn to look at my website . In New Orleans, over 3,000 free blacks owned slaves. Look at the chart showing the number of black slave owners in Charleston from 1790 to 1860 and how many slaves they owned..
http://slaverebellion.org/index.php...

But Galt doesn't think it's a worthy subject to discuss. It's all I have to say on the subject anyway.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Saturday Jul 5

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
...and a round condemnation of CBS for dropping the Boston Pops concert, the very best Fourth of July celebration....
frankly, all of the concerts were very light on the patriotic theme.....
Always enjoyed the Boston Pops fireworks concert every year.

But Macy's and New York made up for it with their unbelievable emphasis on patriotism this year. Seemed almost "in your face" to Obama and his liberals...Americans now remember who we are again.

Is this the silver lining many of us hoped for in 2012?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Saturday Jul 5

Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
What's your solution?
send them home immediately and close the border.....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Saturday Jul 5

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know what the solution is, but the problem started in 2008 when Congress passed a legislation and President Bush signed into a law that stated we cannot deport illegal immigrant children fleeing Central American coountries until we reunite them with family.
stop them from crossing the border to begin with.....
Patrick

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Saturday Jul 5

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
no, there would still be geographically based districts of equal population....
which is the House of Representatives, which the Republicans control......
the majority leader of the House would be the Prime Minister, whoever that might be.....
....with a Monarch
...you could be Queen
as you already talk in the Third Person?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Saturday Jul 5

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Dinesh D'Souza?
No thanks babe.
Now tell us all who Robert M Grooms is__and what the Barnes Review is.
Dinesh D'Souza is a political prisoner of the Obama Reich.......

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Saturday Jul 5

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
as suspected, you appear to be a social liberal on this subject, like the rest of the evangelical church people.....
too bad....
It's not okay to understand why people would want a better life?

Maybe we should just annex Mexico. Problem solved.

These children are victims of circumstance completely beyond their control. No, they should have never come here but Obama all but sent out invitations.

We should have had better border security a long time ago.

Again, what's your solution?
Patrick

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Saturday Jul 5

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
too bad....
Another reason Romney lost.
Evangelicals will not vote for a Morman.
Libertarians afraid of losing their Government Jobs
Realtime

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Saturday Jul 5

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
please give this topic a rest....
by the way, what do you think should be done with the current flood of illegal alien children???...
Let her go Galt__and by the way Galt her topic is black slave owners in the South and she quoted verbatim from Robert M Grooms article in The Barnes Review.

Yet she's suddenly developed amnesia.

Maybe you can tell us all about The Barnes Review in her stead eh?

And perhaps put up some of those you tubes?

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Saturday Jul 5

Judged:

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2014/06/...
In fact, desperate Central American parents are exploiting separate legal loopholes in American border security passed before Obama took office.
Unaccompanied minors fall under the bipartisan law, William Wilberforce Trafficking Victims Protection Reauthorization Act of 2008, which passed the House and Senate unanimously and was signed into law by President George W. Bush.
That law says the children cannot be sent back. They must instead be held humanely by the Department of Health and Human Services until the courts release them to a “suitable family member” in this country.
The child “shall be promptly placed in the least restrictive setting that is in the best interest of the child,” the law stipulates.“Placement of child trafficking victims may include placement in an Unaccompanied Refugee Minor program … if a suitable family member is not available to provide care.”
Department of Homeland Security (DHS) sources say more than 80 percent of these children will find permanent homes in the U.S., with either family or foster homes and not be sent back to Central America.
Meanwhile, there is no place to house those mothers flooding the border with their children, as Thomas Homan, executive associate director of ICE for Enforcement and Removal Operations, told a House committee last week.
Well, maybe you should know the whole story - or the rest of the story anyway.

Critics say Obama’s 2012 executive order that lets young people brought to the US illegally as children apply for a two-year deferral from deportation, as well as the Bush administration's 2008 decision to close a major detention facility in Texas, have helped to create conditions for a new wave of illegal immigration.

Some migrants are telling reporters on the border that they’ve heard in their home countries that there’s a “new opportunity” to emigrate to the US illegally and stay indefinitely.

“The word has gotten back that [the Obama administration] is letting people stay – not just unaccompanied minors, but women with children – which is creating an opportunity to sneak in and get while the getting’s good,” says Mark Krikorian, director of the Center for Immigration Studies in Washington, which backs "low migration."

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/2014/0606/Border...

But there is no easy solution. A lot of children died or were abused by the human traffickers getting here but there's not enough funds or people to take care of all these children here.

I don't know the solution to this problem. Just wish you hadn't elected Obama who is the cause all of these problems.
Realtime

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Saturday Jul 5

Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Why forget that a black woman, Madam C. J. Walker, was the first female to become a self-made millionaire? And why is that old news? It was news to me.
But I looked up Robert M. Grooms and read about him on this website:
http://americancivilwar.com/authors/black_sla...
Now it's your turn to look at my website . In New Orleans, over 3,000 free blacks owned slaves. Look at the chart showing the number of black slave owners in Charleston from 1790 to 1860 and how many slaves they owned..
http://slaverebellion.org/index.php...
But Galt doesn't think it's a worthy subject to discuss. It's all I have to say on the subject anywa
You quoted Robert M Grooms article in the The Barnes Review doll.

Tell us all about the Barnes Review.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1,068,801 - 1,068,820 of1,078,384
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 17 min Buck Crick 223,977
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 8 hr Yeah but 305,065
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 14 hr FLORIDA SWAMPER 26,640
urgent loan needed apply now (Sep '13) Jul 20 Danny 2
loan needed (Dec '13) Jul 20 Danny 4
Hairston's bounceback game highlights big day f... Jul 16 Go go d 1
How to recover lost data from iPhone/iPad/iPod- (Jan '14) Jul 15 AnnCarter 8
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••