Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1161975 Jul 6, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
happens every day in cities all across the US.....
and nothing ever happens as a result....
"John Galt"
Not true. A case in Spokane, WA. A police officer tased one who was resisting arrest. The one resisting arrest died. The police officer was sentenced to 6 years in prison. A judge just threw out his appeal. He will appeal to a higher court.
Peace

Spokane, WA

#1161976 Jul 6, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
He wouldn't release his tax returns, so I guess we'll never know, will we??
Have you seen a return, or are you quoting a Rmoney statement??
Can you think of a good reason for a Presidential candidate not to release his/her tax returns??
Because I can't.
----------
""Mitt Romney has been employing yet another strategy to avoid paying taxes, according to a new report.
Romney legally avoided paying taxes through a charitable remainder unitrust he set up with the Mormon Church in 1996, Bloomberg News' Jesse Drucker reports.
The trust, which is only a small fraction of Romney's $250 million net worth, has been paying Romney 8 percent of its assets every year, according to Bloomberg. Since charities, including the Mormon Church, are tax-exempt, Romney hasn't paid taxes on the money for more than 15 years. The Romney campaign declined to respond to questions from Bloomberg and only said through a spokeswoman that "the trust has operated in accordance with the law."
Romney has reportedly sidestepped taxes in other ways. He has been avoiding gift and estate taxes through a trust that he set up for his children and grandchildren, according to a separate Bloomberg report. He also holds a Swiss bank account and investments abroad, including in the Cayman Islands, where he does not need to pay U.S. taxes. In addition, Romney avoided taxes by playing an "active" role at Bain Capital even after he had retired, according The Huffington Post.""
----------
I think we all know why he wouldn't release his tax returns.
It would be even more embarassing than the rumors..........so much for Repugnetard transparency.
"nutsucker"
Can you think of a reason a president would not release his college transcripts?
O can't.
Peace
KMA
GPUAR

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1161977 Jul 6, 2014
Even Steven wrote:
<quoted text>
You certainly have a right to your opinion. I ask why we need to disrupt the entire healthcare system for the 10%-12% who are uninsured and then only cover about 20% of those? Why make everyone pay for coverage they neither want or need?
I also know someone who signed up for Obamacare. She had issues with high blood pressure and attempted contacting doctors for an appointment. Those who accepted Obamacare were very limited and when she called in the middle of June, she was able to get an appointment the last week of August. She was advised to go to the emergency room if she couldn't wait.
Now that is not workable.
Repeating lies don't make them true.

There is no such thing as "Obamacare" as an insurer. That isn't even the name of the program.

The insurance your friend had is thru a private insurance company. As I understand it, KY did a good job with their private exchange.

So instead of complaining about it, how about helping fix it??

Seems Repugnetards only know the word repeal.
Reality Check

Englewood, CO

#1161978 Jul 6, 2014
waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Ghost or DumbDave/Thread Sock you moronic fool.
Nope, Reality Check from Littleton, Colorado.
waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do you com up with the word: "Independent" you idiot?
I didn't use the word, outside of a quote.
WTF are you babbling about moron?
You asked or I should say assumed I was Democrat.. See there are Republicans, Democrats, and Independents etc... I happen to register to vote as Independent....Thank you all the same

No juvenile name calling required

Here you go educate yourself....If capable...

http://www.independentamericanparty.org/

Location hidden

#1161979 Jul 6, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"John Galt"
Not true. A case in Spokane, WA. A police officer tased one who was resisting arrest. The one resisting arrest died. The police officer was sentenced to 6 years in prison. A judge just threw out his appeal. He will appeal to a higher court.
Peace
Glad to hear that. Seems they get away with brutality all too often.

Protect and Serve is not assault and beat up the public.

The police in the USA have been militarized since 9-11.

Do you see some of the military equipment htey have??

It's like they're preparing for war inside the country.

Location hidden

#1161980 Jul 6, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"nutsucker"
Can you think of a reason a president would not release his college transcripts?
O can't.
Peace
KMA
GPUAR
Because they're private??

They will be released after he leaves office.

What does that have to do with Rmoney not paying taxes??

After the carnival you asshats made of the birth certificate, he'd be crazy to release anything.

You'd just make up lies about it.
Reality Check

Englewood, CO

#1161981 Jul 6, 2014
What has President Obama done that is so bad that some people have all these irrational ideas, feelings, beliefs and hatred toward him? Why All This Drama Over Obama?

The right wing nut jobs keep screaming about some "Obama Leftist Agenda"....But never offer an explanation of what exactly is this so called conspiracy theory "Obama's leftist agenda"

Probably because THERE ISN'T one...The only thing that there is, is a BLACK man in the WHITE House and it drives these racist pigs crazy!

Good thing OUR next President will be Hillary Clinton a WHITE Woman...HA

Location hidden

#1161983 Jul 6, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>his accountant gave an sworn at of his average tax liability for the past twenty years. this was all in the article i linked.
you know he did pay all the taxes he was legally obligated to pay? how?
'average tax liability over 20 years'

A truly meaningless metric.

Facts are fun!!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1161984 Jul 6, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>And you know that how__beyond that Bush doesn't speak inside the US much, for $ that is
Cayman Islands not long ago to an actual group. Not much else I'm aware of__how about you.?
actually, Bush does speak in the US, but largely at private events instead of taxpayer-funded university speeches....

trade associations, attorney groups, religious groups, etc.....

nothing that a bum like you would ever be invited to....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1161985 Jul 6, 2014
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
Halliburton is an organization that has the reach of a multinational and the eyes of a Willie Sutton. Through its subsidiaries, it has done work with countries the U.S. has accused of supporting terror. It was accused of overcharging the U.S. government for work done in the 1990's, and in 2002 it agreed to pay a $2 million settlement in response to accusations that it had defrauded the government.
The Pentagon is currently examining allegations that the Halliburton subsidiary Kellogg Brown & Root overcharged the government by $61 million for gasoline imported into Iraq from Kuwait. Last week the company acknowledged that at least one employee had participated in a $6.3 million kickback deal with a Kuwaiti company. That money has reportedly been repaid to the government.
What we have here is a private profit-making multinational company with no particular allegiance (other than contractual) to the U.S. government. Nevertheless, through its powerful allies in the government, Halliburton enjoys extraordinary influence over national defense policies and has its own key to the national treasury.
If it's at all grateful, it hasn't shown it. The U.S. is at war. The government is running record deficits. Money is tight everywhere. But Halliburton won't even kick in its fair share. It continues to benefit from the nation's largesse, while scouring the world for places to shelter as much of its American riches as possible.
http://www.nytimes.com/2004/01/30/opinion/the...
1. 2 million dollars settlement on accusations of overcharging which it paid no court proceeding or guilty pleading recorded according to this article.
2. 6.3 million kickback from one KBR employee to the Kuwati govt. KBR paid the government back when it was discovered.
3. Allegations KBR overcharged 61 million for gasoline brought into Iraq from Kuwait. In the article you provided nothing further about this allegation.
So where is the link regarding the Nigerian government?
breaking news from 2004.....

Spokane, WA

#1161986 Jul 6, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Because they're private??
They will be released after he leaves office.
What does that have to do with Rmoney not paying taxes??
After the carnival you asshats made of the birth certificate, he'd be crazy to release anything.
You'd just make up lies about it.
"nutsucker"
Please offer some proof that Romney did not pay taxes he owed.
I am positive you can come up with something. You have a grate imagination.
Peace
KMA
GPUAR
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1161987 Jul 6, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Bill Clinton is a true statesman and always has something positive to say about everyone.
Carol cannot relate to this type of mind; she is a slave of the polemics and her every waking breath has the name of President Obama in it in some hateful meme or another.
It's totally pathetic, but speaks to her absolute lack of intellectual curiosity and comprehension
even Galt will acknowledge that, unlike low-class scum like Obama, Bill Clinton does have class and respect for America....

not to mention the ability to work with others to achieve progress, a quality totally lacking in Obama....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1161988 Jul 6, 2014
the fact that the Obama goon squad has yet to force its way into Murrieta tells one that this issue is polling badly for Obama....and for vulnerable DemoKKKrats like Raul Ruiz in nearby Palm Springs.....

Since: May 11

Landisburg, PA

#1161989 Jul 6, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"nutsucker"
Please offer some proof that Romney did not pay taxes he owed.
I am positive you can come up with something. You have a grate imagination.
Peace
KMA
GPUAR
This is how stupid Eed is.

It was never about Romney not paying taxes he owed. It had to do with how he avoided the tax.

Location hidden

#1161990 Jul 6, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
actually, Bush does speak in the US, but largely at private events instead of taxpayer-funded university speeches....
trade associations, attorney groups, religious groups, etc.....
nothing that a bum like you would ever be invited to....
George W. Bush Slips In A Dirty Joke During Civil Rights Speech

"Former President George W. Bush spoke at a Thursday summit celebrating the 50th anniversary of the Civil Rights Act.

He discussed having the setting of former President Lyndon Johnson's presidential library. Then came the awkward part.

"Former presidents compare their libraries the way other men may compare their, well..." Bush said, drawing some laughs.""

----------

Same ol' dumbass Bush, foot in his mouth.

Since: Mar 11

Minnesota's North Coast

#1161991 Jul 6, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
'average tax liability over 20 years'
A truly meaningless metric.
Facts are fun!!
not at all. it shows how much tax he paid over that period of time. more than you will even make in your lifetime.

so nothing on you manning up and admitting you were just pulling shit out of your ass when you lied about romney paying no taxes?

let me show you my shocked face!!!!
GOPidiots

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1161992 Jul 6, 2014
Even Steven wrote:
<quoted text>
You certainly have a right to your opinion. I ask why we need to disrupt the entire healthcare system for the 10%-12% who are uninsured and then only cover about 20% of those? Why make everyone pay for coverage they neither want or need?
I also know someone who signed up for Obamacare. She had issues with high blood pressure and attempted contacting doctors for an appointment. Those who accepted Obamacare were very limited and when she called in the middle of June, she was able to get an appointment the last week of August. She was advised to go to the emergency room if she couldn't wait.
Now that is not workable.
No one "accepts Obamacare" dumbass.
You ourchase insurance plans from private providers, like Anthem, Blue Cross, or Aetna. If she was too stupid to contact her plan's providers she deserved to wait.
GOPidiots

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1161994 Jul 6, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Bill Clinton is a true statesman and always has something positive to say about everyone.
Carol cannot relate to this type of mind; she is a slave of the polemics and her every waking breath has the name of President Obama in it in some hateful meme or another.
It's totally pathetic, but speaks to her absolute lack of intellectual curiosity and comprehension
I'm loving Carol's new idiotic obsession that most slave owners were Black
GOPidiots

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1161996 Jul 6, 2014
John Galt wrote:
the fact that the Obama goon squad has yet to force its way into Murrieta tells one that this issue is polling badly for Obama....and for vulnerable DemoKKKrats like Raul Ruiz in nearby Palm Springs.....
And will sink the GOP's chances for taking the White House in 2016

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1161997 Jul 6, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
virtually every company in the world establishes separate operating companies in every country in which it conducts business.......
Rand Paul was correct in his assessment of Halliburton.

"Thereís a great YouTube of Dick Cheney in 1995 defending Bush No. 1 [and the decision not to invade Baghdad in the first Gulf War], and he goes on for about five minutes. Heís being interviewed, I think, by the American Enterprise Institute, and he says it would be a disaster, it would be vastly expensive, itíd be civil war, we would have no exit strategy. He goes on and on for five minutes. Dick Cheney saying it would be a bad idea. And thatís why the first Bush didnít go into Baghdad. Dick Cheney then goes to work for Halliburton. Makes hundreds of millions of dollars, their CEO. Next thing you know, heís back in government and itís a good idea to go into Iraq.Ē

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 1 hr LonePalm 3,280
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 hr R C Honey 308,074
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 6 hr Bruin For Life 28,762
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Sat thetruth 234,669
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jan 29 HitMan 201,321
Should child beauty pageants be banned? Jan 27 Pinoyboyguy 733
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (Jun '13) Jan 24 RICK SERVICE 32
More from around the web