Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1761372 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1159329 Jul 1, 2014
Hey Stupid wrote:
Pentagon: Young Adults Too Fat, Tattooed, Uneducated for Military
Liberalism is working.
sounds like the entire bible belt and STP belt combined...are those blue states now?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1159330 Jul 1, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
SCOTUS has set back Obama's agenda to fundamentally transform the nation into his own image 13 times...so far.
At least we have 5 judges who know why the Constitution exists.
Several rulings were unanimous. Hallelujer....
Yep! Right down the party lines!

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1159331 Jul 1, 2014
Obama is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because you want something doesn't mean that anyone else should be required to provide it.
There is NO constitutional right to free birth control

There is NO constitutional right to free health care.

lily forgets that 3 years ago women were getting birth control w/o the Obamacare mandate.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1159332 Jul 1, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for reminding us again about Obama's disconnect from the real world.
He gets ole' Harry to reject every single bill passed by the House - some bipartisan - so he can claim gridlock and then right after the SCOTUS ruled to limit his overreach of executive power makes a grand announcement that he will bypass Congress - again - because nothing ever gets done otherwise.
Sounds like disconnect to me.
The solution is to remove ole' Harry. And things will get done.
lol! From your disconnected position?

Yep! It would to me too!

Fortunately, I'm better at independent thinking than you are!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1159333 Jul 1, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
If I didn't know better, I'd say you were an intolerant liberal.
All conservatives want the government to stay out of our lives.
Both sides have strong feelings and opinions about social issues - especially abortion and gay marriage.
It's best to let people believe what they want to believe.
And smaller government doesn't include dictating social values. The federal government has already overstepped its role on many social issues affecting all of us with the help of the Supreme Court.
No condemnation concerning this?
lol! You should pander less to the religious right if that's the point you want to make son!
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#1159334 Jul 1, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>that would really seem to fit better for the far right, wouldn't it? especially considering the recent SCOTUS decision...

Maybe Hobby Lobby shouldn't have said why they wouldn't cover certain types of BC......then they could be as transparent as Obama.
In The Right

United States

#1159335 Jul 1, 2014
Hey Stupid wrote:
Pentagon: Young Adults Too Fat, Tattooed, Uneducated for Military
Liberalism is working.
LOL...yep, just how the left wants 'em, fat and stupid.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#1159336 Jul 1, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Gee, ya think? still happens for teachers that has to be ended.
All of the time, woodtick. Good morning. LOL

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#1159337 Jul 1, 2014
Interesting.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1159338 Jul 1, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Same thing O'Reilly was concerned about. He may be a little full of himself from time to time but he's got his finger on the pulse of what could easily be our undoing as a Republic. And that is, like you said, one more liberal judge could be the end of our freedoms as we know them.
Way too close for comfort. I agree with you and him 110%.
lol! Which is why you people prefer the nazi ways, eh?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1159339 Jul 1, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
The Obamacare law allows for religious exemptions
http://www.irs.gov/uac/Questions-and-Answers-...
The Obama admin argued that this exemption could not be applied to any for-profit organization
This was saw as unfounded.
The ruling does not effect all businesses just those "closely held" or those with a limited number of investors.
Whether the public thinks religious exemptions should be allowed is irrelevant as this supersedes what the constitution states.
BS!

Constitution states no such thing. Does it say that the our Second Amendment rights are limited? Scalia says it does.

The Court ruled long ago that the Court is the last word on interpreting the Constitution. Do you think they always get it right? There are a number of recent rulings that the right wing media whined and cried about.

So take your hollow victories and watch them dissolve in the face of public outrage. Next thing you know Hobby Lobby will be crying discrimination because no one wants to work for religious bigots.

St. Croix valley

#1159340 Jul 1, 2014
Obama is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe Hobby Lobby shouldn't have said why they wouldn't cover certain types of BC......then they could be as transparent as Obama.
guess i don't have to follow any law anymore, as long as i say it is against my religious cult...
Donnie

United States

#1159341 Jul 1, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Gee, ya think? still happens for teachers that has to be ended.
Fight for Right to Work laws in your state!
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#1159342 Jul 1, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
There is NO constitutional right to free birth control
There is NO constitutional right to free health care.
lily forgets that 3 years ago women were getting birth control w/o the Obamacare mandate.
They can still get free BC, whatever an employer doesn't want to cover, PP and/or the government will.
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#1159343 Jul 1, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>guess i don't have to follow any law anymore, as long as i say it is against my religious cult...
They are following the law.
Donnie

United States

#1159344 Jul 1, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
when was the last time FOX exposed a Media Matters lie?
never.
when was the last time MM exposed a FOX lie?
now.
Fox's The Five Pushes Myth That Hobby Lobby Case Was About "Abortion Pills"
http://mediamatters.org/video/2014/06/30/foxs...
just sayin'.....about 10 times every day.
Talk to the hand scooter. Media Matters is a George Soros funded propaganda hit machine and even liberals like Kirsten Powers of the Daily Beast admit that. Media Matters is beyond ridiculousness.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1159345 Jul 1, 2014
Olive Oil wrote:
<quoted text>
You and Truth are like parallel lines on a graph.
Sharing the same domain in the Grid, but never intersecting.
Therefore, your questions are convoluted. Because you distort the premise.
By the time you're done, it's a hot scrambled mess.
Above my pay grade to unravel that weave of a web by your designed deceit.
No thanks. Even if I did, you still wouldn't understand.
You'd come back and ask the same question another way.
I posted a quote. Your quote I believe.

And you can't answer a straight up question based on the law.

That's ok. It's not like I was expecting better. So you didn't disappoint!

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1159346 Jul 1, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, poor Dave. Her suggesting someone be audit who had yet to do anything wrong shows she was being irrational.
One more time Dave. She assumed--Grassley would come; she assumed his wife would come and get a free airplane ticket, and she assume that Grassley would not declare this....so he needed audit.
There was nothing rational about her suggestion that this warranted an audit. The person in charge of audits flatly told her so. Audits can only be triggered if there is reason to believe someone LIED on a tax return--NOT on they MAY.
That argument falls on deaf ears with Davy boy. Nothing says Grassley even attended the function.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1159348 Jul 1, 2014
Olive Oil wrote:
<quoted text>
2 Excedrin PMs on the way ...
Well you are slow to anger, you have both self discipline and self control over your anger.
But when you're fed up, and fired up, you just blast with both barrels. Clear the air.
Nothing wrong with being fired up and expressing it. The smoke settles.
You're a natural. And, you don't hold a grudge.
lol! Of course incognito holds a grudge.

That's why he can't stop repeating idiotic things like CRA, or dissing non cons ALL the time.

You must be looking through the same rose colored glasses son!

St. Croix valley

#1159349 Jul 1, 2014
Obama is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>
They are following the law.
not the constitution, apparently... i guess we just got sharia law in the US...praise be to allah, the bringer of all things far right and thought controlling...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 min Susanm 340,852
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 2 hr Brew In 35,940
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) May 19 hojo 12,405
News Carlisle's Fitzgerald signs to play at Norfolk ... May 16 Go phartse 4
News PBA: Columbian parades new import vs Aces May 4 AndPhartse 2
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Apr '18 Into The Night 258,512
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Mar '18 Lonnie Peters 201,480