Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
PDUPONT

Belchertown, MA

#1156961 Jun 26, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Russia and China have already established their dominance on the world stage.
Iran now knows they, too, will be calling the shots.
Radical jihadist Muslims only have to secure Iraq as a safe haven and bide their time to plot another attack against us.
The old adage "evil prevails when good men do nothing" is historically true.
Our leaders seem to be following the other old adage "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em."
Meanwhile, hopeful immigrants keep flooding their children into our borders. No one can blame them for wanting a better life, but there aren't enough jobs or money to go around.
Seems to me we've reached a tipping point.
Sure dimwit; keep repeating that same bull crap and ignoring the fact that it was your hero George W Bush who made it possible for the radicals to establish themselves in Iraq.
Your assertion that Al Qaeda will gain some kind of safe haven in Iraq demonstrates once again your abysmal ignorance. The ISIS insurgents are Sunnis while the majority sect in Iraq is Shiite as is Iran. Iran would never let them have any kind of haven in Iraq. ISIS and its Al Qaeda allies have been fighting against the Assad regime and Maliki, both Iranian allies. When push comes to shove the Iranians will use their forces to defeat these radical insurgents.
And sure dumbass, we can't afford to feed some hungry children escaping from violence and poverty but it was okay to spend upwards of a trillion dollars on an unnecessary war that destabilized an entire region and put Iran in the catbird seat.
You're an idiot Carol; you always have been and always will be!
Amy

United States

#1156962 Jun 26, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
A liberal will always resort to name calling when the liberal is wrong or reads something he can't defend.
You basically proved his assertion indefensible.
This character, RealDave is well know for changing the subject when proven wrong.
I suspect that is his next move.
Surprisingly though, RealDave admitted he made a mistake, but don't expect the fool to be a man and apologize for calling you a POS when he is the idiot that was wrong.
SCOTUS is ruling against Obama and nullifying all his 'recess' appointment to NLRB as illegal.

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#1156963 Jun 26, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
BREAKING NEWS: Supreme Court Unanimously Rules Pro-Lifers have Free Speech at Abortion Clinics
This decision is celebrated by right wing morons because it opens the door for home grown terrorists to harass American citizens.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1156964 Jun 26, 2014
Show of hands rightwingers, who's rooting for Germany against the U.S. in the World Cup? Come on look inside your hearts, tell Homer the truth.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1156965 Jun 26, 2014
John Boehner is ready to sue President Obama, but the House speaker may not be able to make it through the courthouse doors.

Boehner announced Wednesday that he would sue the president for his failure to “faithfully execute the laws of this country.” In the opinion of the speaker, according to a memo he circulated, Obama’s reliance on executive orders meant that he was acting with “king-like authority at the expense of the American people and their elected legislators.” As a result, Boehner said, he planned to sue the president over executive orders to be named later under the aegis of a resolution passed by the House of Representatives.

But Boehner may not be able to do so. According to Erwin Chemerinsky, the dean of the University of California, Irvine Law School, the speaker of the House does not have the ability to sue the president in this situation, even if Congress says he does. Chemerinsky says “standing,” the doctrine that allows a person to file a lawsuit in federal court by demonstrating that real harm has been caused to them, is defined by the Constitution. As a result, even if Congress passes a law, or in this case a resolution, which only requires approval by the House, it will not be binding on federal courts, as the Constitution trumps any law, let alone a resolution, and does not give members of Congress the ability to sue if they cannot prove real harm.

Michael Steel, a spokesman for Boehner, said there were no issues with standing. Other Republican representatives echoed that position, including Rep. Charles Boustany of Louisiana, who called Boehner’s proposed suit “an outstanding move.” Conservative Rep. Steve King of Iowa added,“This is something that I’ve looked at and worked towards for a long time.”

Democrats, of course, were more skeptical. Rep. Rosa DeLauro of Connecticut called Boehner’s plan “ludicrous” and an example of an unproductive partisan Congress trying to obstruct Obama further. Surprisingly, some Republicans also spoke out against Boehner. Former presidential candidate Michele Bachmann, who is also a lawyer, echoed Chemerinsky’s concerns and suggested to The Daily Beast that Congress may have problems with the “standing” doctrine if it tries to press claims over Obama’s executive orders in the courts. Even if the courts hear the case, she noted, they may decide it’s a “political question” and thus out of their jurisdiction.

It’s still unclear what executive orders Boehner might file suit to overturn.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/06...

pretty sure you can't use opinions from right wing nutjob sites/FOX to prove 'harm'.

and now in rebuttal our nutjobs will cite nutjob sites. it's the culture. or if you would rather....it's all they have.
PDUPONT

Belchertown, MA

#1156966 Jun 26, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Victory?
On person?
You misguided idiot Democrats will charge him in a civilian court.
Victory?
ROTFLMAO - at you!!!!
Yes stupid, he'll be tried in a federal civilian court. So what? The federal court system has a better conviction rate and passes down harsher sentences than the military tribunals.
You're an idiot; you always have been and always will be!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1156967 Jun 26, 2014
The Supreme Court dealt a blow to the powers of the presidency Thursday, ruling decisively that President Obama violated the Constitution by going around the Senate to name key labor and financial watchdogs.

Resolving a longstanding battle between the two other branches of government, the justices declared invalid key "recess appointments" made by Obama in 2012.

But the majority opinion by Justice Stephen Breyer did not go further and strike down most other methods by which presidents fill key jobs when the Senate is unavailable.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2...

“Stop Child Soliders”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1156968 Jun 26, 2014
Amy wrote:
<quoted text>
SCOTUS is ruling against Obama and nullifying all his 'recess' appointment to NLRB as illegal.
The constitutional expert--Obama-- gets an unanimous SCOTUS rebuke for his abuse of power regarding recess appointments
Jesse

United States

#1156969 Jun 26, 2014
The SUPREMES just bitch slapped Obama!

ROFLMAO

Since: May 11

Landisburg, PA

#1156970 Jun 26, 2014
Amy wrote:
<quoted text>
You are an error!
Amd you rmain a lying POS.

I posted a link that showed the exceptionally cold winter in 1985 did coincide with a drop in economic growth.
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1156971 Jun 26, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
I have lots of friends, lily is one of my favorites, Waxballs, and no socks, which are your only friends. Kinda sad that you would be concerned about who has friends and how old someone is. I do believe that we can rule out Bi- polar disorder seeing as how you are always angry and seem to suffer the same degree of frustration all the time.
They should make the idiots stay ten miles away.
Hey Stupid

Chicago, IL

#1156972 Jun 26, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
The Supreme Court has limited a president’s power to make temporary appointments to fill high-level government jobs.
The court said Thursday that President Barack Obama exceeded his authority when he invoked the Constitution’s provision on recess appointments to fill slots on the National Labor Relations Board in 2012.
The justices said in their first-ever consideration of the Constitution’s recess appointments clause that Congress gets to decide when it is in recess and that there was no recess when Obama acted. The president said he made the appointments in the face of Republican refusal to allow the NLRB to function.
http://www.bostonglobe.com/news/nation/2014/0...
Hmm, so the board has been illegally making decisions since then?
it only adds to lawlessness of this president. I like the Headline:
BREAKING NEWS: Supreme Court unanimously rejects Obama recess appointments

The Supreme Court dropped a huge bomb on the Obama administration, unanimously rebuking the President for arrogating to himself the determination of when Congress is in session for the purpose of making recess appointments.

*How about that Constitutional law student Obama? don't release his grades. It is not necessary, he no doubt had failed his courses.

“Stop Child Soliders”

Location hidden

#1156973 Jun 26, 2014
Nostrilis Waxmoron wrote:
<quoted text>
This decision is celebrated by right wing morons because it opens the door for home grown terrorists to harass American citizens.
The Mass law was unanimously ruled as unconstitutional by SCOTUS due to violating free speech rights.

You--some people shouldn't have free speech. This makes you a fascist.

“Stop Child Soliders”

Location hidden

#1156974 Jun 26, 2014
From Justice Kagan on recess appointments - "This is not the horse-and-buggy era anymore."
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1156975 Jun 26, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
Supreme Court voids 35-foot protest-free zone outside Massachusetts abortion clinics
so now idiots are completely free to keep acting like idiots.

only in America. but You know that already.
Obumble Loves Illegls

New York, NY

#1156976 Jun 26, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
I have lots of friends, lily is one of my favorites, Waxballs, and no socks, which are your only friends. Kinda sad that you would be concerned about who has friends and how old someone is. I do believe that we can rule out Bi- polar disorder seeing as how you are always angry and seem to suffer the same degree of frustration all the time.
Bi-polar disorders have their advantages. It qualifies one to receive Social Security Disability in the Obama Jobless Economy. The only non-low paying retail job career path (other than increased employment caddying at golf courses and planning Moochelle' and Entourage's many luxury vacations).
Red Lobster

Palm Coast, FL

#1156977 Jun 26, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot to mention what time they're coming to put you in handcuffs so that you can begin your incarceration again.
Hey Stupid

Chicago, IL

#1156978 Jun 26, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
GOPers Cringe as McDaniel Rages About Black Dems Voting for Cochran
National Republican leaders trying to appeal to non-white voters are cringing over Senate candidate Chris McDaniel's complaints that Democrats — most of whom are black in Mississippi — voted in the state's GOP Senate runoff and helped six-term incumbent Thad Cochran capture the party nomination.
"The more the tea party complains about how black voters vote for Republicans, I think they look racist and stupid," said John Feehery, a GOP consultant in Washington. "We're trying to get black voters. Now that one of our candidates got black voters, we should be happy about it."
Nearly 377,000 people voted in Tuesday's runoff in Mississippi, and Cochran received nearly 6,800 votes more than tea party-backed McDaniel.
"There is something a bit strange, there is something a bit unusual, about a Republican primary that's decided by liberal Democrats," McDaniel said to a roar from supporters on election night in Hattiesburg. On Wednesday, he still refused to concede and vowed instead to investigate vote patterns for "irregularities."
Turnout was up significantly from a three-person primary on June 3, when McDaniel had finished about 1,400 votes ahead of Cochran but nobody received a majority to win.
Importantly, turnout in Mississippi's majority-black counties grew by 43 percent from June 3 to the runoff, while in majority-white counties, it grew 17 percent.
When reporters in Washington asked Sen. Roger Wicker, R-Miss., if Cochran's appeal to Democratic voters might have a negative impact on the GOP, Wicker responded with a laugh.
"Broadening the base of the party? Asking more Mississippians to participate in the ballot that's going to determine the next senator? No, I don't think there's anything wrong with that," he said.
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/gopers-crin...
racist and stupid. i never would have guessed. thanks GOP operative.
Do you think the blacks are finally getting off the democrat plantation? wasn't there something about democrats won't let the blacks vote pamphlet? the truth set them free?
Jesse

United States

#1156979 Jun 26, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
The Supreme Court dealt a blow to the powers of the presidency Thursday, ruling decisively that President Obama violated the Constitution by going around the Senate to name key labor and financial watchdogs.
Resolving a longstanding battle between the two other branches of government, the justices declared invalid key "recess appointments" made by Obama in 2012.
But the majority opinion by Justice Stephen Breyer did not go further and strike down most other methods by which presidents fill key jobs when the Senate is unavailable.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2...
Not so scooter, the illegal appointments made by Obama were null and void by SCOTUS because the Senate WAS NOT IN RECESS.

Since: May 11

Landisburg, PA

#1156980 Jun 26, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Pffft, Lerner was full steam ahead on political witch hunts. Her own supervisor told her that her request was off base.
Your scenario is very lame. I would attempt to explain why but it isn't worth my time to go down an off topic rabbit hole with you.
Keep up it Dems. We all know everyone loves the IRS and they are very fond of agents who abuse their powers. So fond that 76% of those polled think a special prosecutor should be appointed.
So you are against IRS employees from alerting possible tax evasion cases?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 5 min ChickBrilliance 307,724
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 38 min Brian_G 2,995
Should child beauty pageants be banned? 11 hr Roy the Boy 726
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 16 hr thetruth 234,482
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 21 hr Trojan 28,700
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (Jun '13) 23 hr RICK SERVICE 32
San Diego State hoping Dwayne Polee II gets a shot Fri alanparkcity 1
More from around the web