Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1620103 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1158492 Jun 29, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
But that's just a lie you've been brainwashed into believing.
Sounds more like a personal problem.
Is it wrong because you want that to be true...Tell us....Explain why the south votes Republican? It appears that everyone knows but you.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1158493 Jun 29, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Carol is so reliably stupid.
She thinks things never change. She can't wrap her tiny brain around the fact that Southern Democrats opposed to Civil Rights ALL became Repugnetards after passage of Civil Rights.
To this day, Repugnetards run all Southern States, and the South is still the most racist part of our nation, with Jim Crow laws minted in all Southern States.
Note that she no longer tries to push the 'teacher' lies anymore. Her ignorance ruined that series of lies.
I can't stand it; no one can be that dumb; it is willful ignorance. No hope for that ailment
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1158494 Jun 29, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
But that's just a lie you've been brainwashed into believing.
Sounds more like a personal problem.
What lie?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1158495 Jun 29, 2014
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
"Tree hugging , libuhrul, ozombieTic type tawrking points of duh day"
You little peabrain need need some sort of race baited comment added to it for that speshull jackboot, bobblehead ponderment?
Purple polka dot underwater pacific fans propelled by a green cheese semite moon.
(Try not to over use that little peabrain cell now Duh A Vey.)
Oh suck it flo
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1158496 Jun 29, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
13 of the hottest 14 years has been on this century.
Sure Dave, but there you go again dealing in facts, by now you must know that in Flakes mind facts and reality are irrelevant. Because he can find a thread somewhere that fits his agenda.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#1158497 Jun 29, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
WHo in the hell are you to try and tell anyone what they should do or not do with their life. Hell just all the crap you have told oin here shows you up for the failure that you actually are.
Doesn't that kind of stuff just make ya want to puke--right in the faces of the low life putrid scum themselves Goober?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1158498 Jun 29, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"Joe Friday"
Tomorrow is D-Day for "poop". He is scheduled to drag his 78 year old fanny to the rehab center. His Depends is in bad shape.
Peace
Here's the daily POOP report from the Code Brown crowd at Shady Pines
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1158499 Jun 29, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Grey's and nuc's uninformed posts make me want to do that too.
usual you are the clueless one..But by now you should be used to it.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1158500 Jun 29, 2014
LeosFannieMaeUs wrote:
<quoted text> Bawney Fwank and Cwith Dawd ... they gave the money out for everyone, including themselves. They probably paid for your spot behind the warehouse and Ghost's cardboard box in the Bumpass Landfill, too.
Here's another tard
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#1158501 Jun 29, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
A Trust does not protect an estate from taxation. Look it up, moron.
You should refrain from making ignorant statements with no basis in fact.
You do this a lot. Typical of Teabags. Projection and misdirection.
But such DOES protect such from low life PUTRID money grubbing SCUM.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1158502 Jun 29, 2014
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
FALLACY FLAG THROWN..Illegal use of an Ad hominem attack. 15 yard penalty and replay the post
I agree about Elmont, which is why I left in 76
so, why use a bogus location???....

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1158503 Jun 29, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
You already have an ideaology based on envy, you dipshit.
Your arguments are so weak and lame!! LOL
There are various sorts of trusts used by many Americans. Typical of your Teabag hatred that you see it as all about Clinton..........
Proves how frightened you nitwits are of the Clintons.
You think the Bushes or Kochs don't use Trusts?? How stupid are you??
----------
""A basic revocable living trust does not reduce estate taxes by one red cent; its only purpose is to keep your property out of probate court after you die. Nor can you accomplish this trick by creatively juggling the percentages of your property each family member will receive.""
Look up residence trust.

Of course the Bushes and the Kochs use them. They're not running around claiming they're broke and in debt to pull on necessary idiot's heart strings.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#1158504 Jun 29, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't stand it; no one can be that dumb; it is willful ignorance. No hope for that ailment
as you prove over and over again..every time you post.

Loser-User Tic.

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

#1158505 Jun 29, 2014
flack wrote:
Of course, Obama and Key have much company in their hen house. Former treasury secretary Hank Paulson, for instance, recently wrote the following in the New York Times (hat tip: Thomas Lifson):
We’re staring down a climate bubble that poses enormous risks to both our environment and economy. The warning signs are clear and growing more urgent as the risks go unchecked.
This is a crisis we can’t afford to ignore. I feel as if I’m watching as we fly in slow motion on a collision course toward a giant mountain. We can see the crash coming, and yet we’re sitting on our hands rather than altering course.
We need to act now.
Yes, act now, think later. Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!
The irony of this is that even if the AGW thesis were correct, there would be little we could do about it. First, China and India — which together boast 36 percent of the world’s population — are rapidly building coal-fired power plants. Any Western reduction in CO2 will be dwarfed by these behemoths’ increases alone. Add to this other CO2-happy developing nations and Russia, and the fruitlessness of the uniquely Western climate-change obsession becomes apparent.
Second, there are scientists who believe that AGW is a reality, but said long ago that it was too late to do anything about it, anyway. So are we cooked? Now the good news.
Whatever the cause, there’s no reason to be afraid of the big bad climate change.
Not if it’s in the direction of rising mercury, that is.
Contrary to the doom-and-gloom rhetoric, it seems a warmer planet’s benefits far outweigh its downsides. Like eating? Note that greater temperatures probably mean more arable land. In addition, higher CO2 levels increase plant yields 30-plus percent across species; this begets better crops. This is why botanists pump the gas into their greenhouses, mind you. It’s why the age of the dinosaurs was one of dense foliage — CO2 levels were five to 10 times what they are today. The gas is not a pollutant. It’s plant food.
Moreover, as the aforementioned Jurassic CO2 levels indicate, climate change is not unprecedented. There was a time when the waters surrounding Florida were 300 feet lower and another when they were 100 feet higher. The Earth was completely or almost completely covered with snow and ice during the Cryogenian period while during another time the snow and ice were virtually gone. There have been four or five major ice ages and numerous minor ones; there are 100,000-year glacial periods followed by 12,000-year interglacials (approximations) and 1,500-year cycles of heating and cooling within them. Climate is no more stable than are people.
Speaking of which, there’s a philosophical point to be made here. The liberal climate alarmists are the first to say that humans are just animals, just part of nature like an amoeba. If this is true, however, wouldn’t we then just be another “natural” factor in naturally occurring climate change?
At most, though, we appear a negligible factor. This raises a question: Why won’t Obama, Gore, Paulson, and the other Chicken Littles fly the coop of climate fear?
One reason is that everyone needs something to give his life meaning, and, absent true faith, an environmental crusade in Gaia’s name perhaps best fits the bill. This means that, for some, leaving the Church of Warmism is like a jihadist leaving Islam. Related to this is that when you’ve devoted a good part of your life and your passion and energy to a cause, it’s hard to admit you’re wrong.
Selwyn Duke? Flack gets his climate information from a ex professional tennis player.

No wonder Flack is dumber than sh*t.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#1158506 Jun 29, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
I see the hypocrisy fails you in your blind support for the Clintons. That liberal do as I say and not as I do mentality.
A trust prevents the appreciated value of a home in check.
I would hate to have an ideology based on envy.
Disgusting isn't it.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1158507 Jun 29, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
One of your "peeps" tried blaming me again for receiving SS which your side decided was best for me back in the 1930s.
You should tell them to stop being so silly instead.
Try to image the US "without" social security babe and then don't get back to me.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1158508 Jun 29, 2014
Nostrilis Waxmoron wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again. The executor is named in the will and is only appointed if the deceased does not leave one. Now on to your contention that "property" pays taxes, not the deceased. That is so funny I'm giving you a pass. Your other contention that "most estates are settled without ever seeing a probate judge" is incorrect. What you meant to say was that most estates are settled without going through probate court.
My contention that taxes must be paid by the deceased before money can be released to heirs is correct.
Q.E.D.
even if an executor is named in the will, he must file the will with the "court" and receive documentation as the executor.....

the probate "court" is typically the local registrar of wills....with no courtroom or judge involved unless the deceased dies intestate or the will is contested......

real estate taxes cannot be involuntarily collected from the property owner except by selling the property for taxes......

real estate can pass to the heirs with taxes due....and often does if there are no assets to pay the taxes.....

ever handle an estate yourself, dumbass????....
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#1158509 Jun 29, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Being on the opposite side of Galtbot is an honor. You are dirt to me, a slimy no life dirt bag. Un-American pig.
Huh.

"Un-American pig" across from "anti-American feral tail chasing weasel"

I'm gonna set up a commie ketchup on tofu fries an tomater juice stand for refreshements during THAT ring side circus show!

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#1158510 Jun 29, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
was there some point that you were trying to make here???...
except that Reagan was far less wealthy than Hillary Clinton ....as is George Bush.....
Are you really trying to claim that George W Bush(heir to the Bush dynasty oil fortune) is poorer than Hillary Clinton? Don't make us die laughing at you! ROFLMAO !!! "Because of George W. Bush’s close ties to Texas and connections with the oil industry, the Bush family is often perceived as a bunch of oil tycoons.

In reality, however, the oil industry is just one of many in which the Bush family displayed their financial expertise. The family tradition, which continues to this day, was founded upon the pursuit of riches through investment banking and wartime business ventures.

This is why the family has had a hand in businesses from Halliburton to Merrill Lynch, and also has a history of owning major league sports teams."

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/the-bushes--a-...

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1158511 Jun 29, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Grey's and nuc's uninformed posts make me want to do that too.
Yet we prove you wrong every time. Leaving you making dumb comments like this one.

Is your State's Governor and Legislature Democrat??

Name me one Southern State with Democrats in charge.

I rest my case.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 25 min Freedomofexpression 318,348
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 48 min Not who you think 34,445
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Fri Wisdom of Ages 11,652
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Sep 30 Frankie Rizzo 201,871
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Sep 29 Alice Meng 13
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Sep 20 The pope 258,482
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Sep '17 Love 292
More from around the web