Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1534962 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

TSM

El Paso, TX

#1158013 Jun 28, 2014
If there one symbol that clearly represents this President/Liberals would be a (Pacifier!) The party of perpetual whiners!!
Liberalism 101

Lillington, NC

#1158014 Jun 28, 2014
LIBERALS GUN

http://www.amphilsoc.org/sites/default/files/...

Terrorist GUN

http://images.colourbox.com/thumb_COLOURBOX67...

YES THESE LIBERAS ARE GOING TO PROTECT US WITH THEIR
GUNS !!!!!!!!
I FEEL SO SAFE WITH THESE LIBERALS IN CONTROL!!!!!!!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1158015 Jun 28, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> But doesn't it tax the amount over a million?
in your state, the confiscatory estate tax has negligible exemptions....

estate and inheritance taxes are government property confiscation, pure and simple.....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1158016 Jun 28, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
Follow Post coverage today as Fla. Dems meet, Bill Clinton speak
Follow The Palm Beach Post’s coverage throughout the day today of the Florida Democratic Party’s Leadership Blue event, featuring former President Bill Clinton, in Broward County.
Post reporter Christine Stapleton will file regular updates on Twitter @StapletonPBPost and on Facebook, and the Post on Politics blog as the party’s caucuses meet throughout the day.
Coverage begins at 9 a.m. at the meeting of the Senior Caucus, followed by the Hispanic, Black, Gay and Women’s caucuses.
Clinton is scheduled to speak at the gala dinner, which begins at 7 p.m. The event is being held at the Westin Diplomat Hotel in Hollywood.
so, how much are you rich NYC Bocajews paying Bill Clinton for his "gala dinner" speech to try to bail out the Charlie Crist campaign????....

NYC Bocajews party while the country burns....
Jesse

United States

#1158017 Jun 28, 2014
On Friday, President Obama spent a good chunk of his public speech in Minneapolis complaining about how tough it is to be President Obama.“They don’t do anything except block me!” he complained of the Republican House of Representatives, as though it were the job of Congress to rubber stamp the Great Monarch’s imperial dictates.“And, and, and call me names!”

The most powerful man on earth is a petulant whiner.

But this isn’t the first time he’s had a crying jag over his sad, sad life. Get out your tiny violins.

Whining About The Press. Here’s Obama at the White House Correspondents’ Dinner, channeling Richard Sherman:

Sometimes I feel disrespected by you reporters, but that’s okay…Jake Tapper, don’t you ever talk about me like that. I’m the best president in the game!

He was joking. But not about how he feels disrespected. After all, he told Bill O’Reilly in his Super Bowl interview that O’Reilly is “absolutely” unfair for asking basic questions about issues like Benghazi. Poor baby. And in January, he mewled to The New Yorker’s David Remnick that he couldn’t “penetrate the Republican base” because he couldn’t break through the right-wing media firewall to show conservatives he’s “not the caricature that you see on Fox News or Rush Limbaugh.”

Whining About Republicans. In December 2012, Obama stated that Republican opposition to a fiscal cliff deal sprang from personal hatred of him.“I don’t know if that just has to do with, you know, it is very hard for them to say yes to me.” And again in March 2013:

I recognize that it's very hard for Republicans leaders to be perceived as making concessions to me… Is there something else I could do to make these guys -- I'm not talking about the leaders now, but maybe some of the House Republican caucus members -- not paint horns on my head?

And just yesterday:“We've got a party on the other side whose only rationale, motivation seems to be opposing me.”

Whining About Supposed Conservative Racism. In that same interview with The New Yorker from January 2014, Obama stated,“There’s no doubt that there’s some folks who just really dislike me because they don’t like the idea of a black president.” That’s just the most recent iteration of Obama’s longstanding complaint that some conservatives (and Jews) don’t like him because of his “funny name” or because he doesn’t look like the other guys on the dollar bills.

Whining About The Constitution. In May, Obama complained about the structure of the Constitution stopping him from doing what he wanted. In April 2013, Obama complained that he was having a tough time passing gun control because “I am constrained as [other government officials] are constrained by the system that our founders put in place.” In March 2011, Obama stated that it would be much simpler to rule China.

Whining About His Own Scandals. President Obama continues to trot out long-discredited nonsense about how he has been victimized by a spate of “phony scandals.” Yesterday, he stated,“They're fabricated issues, phony scandals.”

The whining will continue. President Obama always feels he has been wronged: by Republicans, by the Constitution, by his country. He, by contrast, is never wrong.“I'm not going to apologize for trying to do something while they're doing nothing,” he said today.

Of course he won’t. It’s his party. He can cry if he wants to.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1158018 Jun 28, 2014
Jesse wrote:
<quoted text>
right on cue....lmao!
lol! wow... it's a good thing only you knew that one eh son?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1158019 Jun 28, 2014
TSM wrote:
If there one symbol that clearly represents this President/Liberals would be a (Pacifier!) The party of perpetual whiners!!
Odd since the whining is all from the right!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1158020 Jun 28, 2014
Grey Goose wrote:
<quoted text> So who is lily? Gay Ghost aka Patrick aka Homer aka Woodtick 57!? lol
Galt respectully disagrees, at least in part....

Homer is an independent marshmallow, the classic high school nerd who wants to suck up to all the cool kids to try to gain acceptance....

but Homer doesn't realize that they are laughing behind his back and just waiting to rob him blind.....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1158021 Jun 28, 2014
angel wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah....the wishful thinking of Ayn Randian imbeciles.
So cute. So impotant.
so ignorant, if you think "impotant" means anything except in Ebonics.....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1158022 Jun 28, 2014
angel wrote:
<quoted text>
Right.
As if the obstructionist do nothing policy of Teabagging Treasonists on Capital Hill who would rather see America fail then succeed under a black President so they can exploit the misery of Americans for their own political gain hasnt been apparent to EVERYONE with an IQ higher then 60.
So how do the Koch's taste Roxlo?
Do they pat you on the head and call you a 'True Patriot' if you swallow?
go back to school and learn to write....

maybe then somebody might hire you.....
Jesse

United States

#1158023 Jun 28, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! wow... it's a good thing only you knew that one eh son?
Yep they don't call you clueless for no reason!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1158024 Jun 28, 2014
Jesse wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep they don't call you clueless for no reason!
You're a legend in your own mind son!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1158025 Jun 28, 2014
lol!

Did not vote. Typical reich wing philosophy. Screw everyone else!

Title: Paycheck Fairness Act
Synopsis:

Vote on a motion to invoke cloture on a motion to proceed to debate on a bill that establishes additional penalties for violations of equal pay requirements in the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Highlights:

Prohibits any employer from discharging or discriminating against any employee who has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed his or her wages or the wages of another employee (Sec. 3).

Prohibits an employer from paying a wage rate to employees of a particular sex that is lower than the rate paid to employees of the opposite sex for equal work unless such payment is made due to certain factors including, but not limited to,“a bona fide factor other than sex”, whereas existing law specified “any other factor other than sex”(Sec. 3).

Specifies that the bona fide factor defense shall apply only if the employer demonstrates the following (Sec. 3):
The factor is not based upon or derived from a sex-based differential in compensation;
The factor is job-related with respect to the position in question; and
The factor is consistent with “business necessity”.

Requires an employer who violates the provisions of this bill to be held liable for the following (Sec. 3):
Compensatory damages; or
Punitive damages, if the employee can demonstrate that the employer acted with “malice” or “reckless indifference” and the employer is not the United States government.

Requires the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission to complete certain tasks including, but not limited to, collect pay information data from employers as described by the sex, race, and national origin of employees (Sec. 8).

Requires the Secretary of Labor to publish information on compensation discrimination including any information that would assist the public in “understanding and addressing” such discrimination (Sec. 9).

Authorizes the Secretary of Labor to establish and implement a grant program for certain public agencies for the purpose of creating a negotiation skills training program for girls and women (Sec. 5).

Appropriates $15 million to implement the provisions of this bill (Sec. 10).
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1158026 Jun 28, 2014
Oops! Forgot to include it was Teddy boy Cruz!!!

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1158027 Jun 28, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>When reich wingers negotiate, let me know son.
When Senate Majority leaders bring up votes passed by the House, let me know sweetie pie.

When POTUS' stop refusing to negotiate, give me a heads up on that too little one.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#1158028 Jun 28, 2014
The president on a Pity Tour whining about how tough the Job is again demonstrating what many have said including Bill Clinton/Others…‘he’s in over his head!”
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1158029 Jun 28, 2014
Yeah wrote:
lol!
Did not vote. Typical reich wing philosophy. Screw everyone else!
Title: Paycheck Fairness Act
Synopsis:
Vote on a motion to invoke cloture on a motion to proceed to debate on a bill that establishes additional penalties for violations of equal pay requirements in the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Highlights:
Prohibits any employer from discharging or discriminating against any employee who has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed his or her wages or the wages of another employee (Sec. 3).
Prohibits an employer from paying a wage rate to employees of a particular sex that is lower than the rate paid to employees of the opposite sex for equal work unless such payment is made due to certain factors including, but not limited to,“a bona fide factor other than sex”, whereas existing law specified “any other factor other than sex”(Sec. 3).
Specifies that the bona fide factor defense shall apply only if the employer demonstrates the following (Sec. 3):
The factor is not based upon or derived from a sex-based differential in compensation;
The factor is job-related with respect to the position in question; and
The factor is consistent with “business necessity”.
Requires an employer who violates the provisions of this bill to be held liable for the following (Sec. 3):
Compensatory damages; or
Punitive damages, if the employee can demonstrate that the employer acted with “malice” or “reckless indifference” and the employer is not the United States government.
Requires the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission to complete certain tasks including, but not limited to, collect pay information data from employers as described by the sex, race, and national origin of employees (Sec. 8).
Requires the Secretary of Labor to publish information on compensation discrimination including any information that would assist the public in “understanding and addressing” such discrimination (Sec. 9).
Authorizes the Secretary of Labor to establish and implement a grant program for certain public agencies for the purpose of creating a negotiation skills training program for girls and women (Sec. 5).
Appropriates $15 million to implement the provisions of this bill (Sec. 10).
this is a particularly bad piece of legislation that deserves to be buried.......
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1158030 Jun 28, 2014
waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you say fatso?
You own me?
Baaawwaaahhhh!!!!!
You are hilarious 87!
You are my "BOY" PUNK. Ghost owns your worthless azz. I'll break you down like a cheap shotgun blubber butt. And don't you forget it.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1158031 Jun 28, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
When Senate Majority leaders bring up votes passed by the House, let me know sweetie pie.
When POTUS' stop refusing to negotiate, give me a heads up on that too little one.
Hey dumbazz, when they stop attaching repeal Obama care with their phony bills maybe something will happen...Those idiots know exactly what they are doing. Your tiny brain is made to order.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1158032 Jun 28, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
this is a particularly bad piece of legislation that deserves to be buried.......
So do idiots like you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 2 hr EdPhart 33,090
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 4 hr ffj 314,323
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 18 hr Eagle 12 258,469
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) May 16 Patriot 11,170
Penn State University & State College May 12 Truechange 1
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Apr '17 GLOBAL FUNDING SO... 43
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Apr '17 DelucaKoehn 11
More from around the web