Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1251961 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Stop Child Soliders”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1155917 Jun 24, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Who in the world would name their kid Homer anyways?
Hey, I had an uncle named Homer. His name was Nathan Homer, but when he was a kid he thought Homer sounded cooler. Name favorites do change
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1155918 Jun 24, 2014
<quoted text>
More Talkingidiotsmemo stuff...
<shaking head>
Sonic, you really are stoooopid...
yes, let's try to ignore the GOP idiot failing miserably in trying to lay crap on Obama's doorstep.

and not to forget that ignoring a subpoena is a classic GOP admission of guilt.

“Stop Child Soliders”

Location hidden

#1155919 Jun 24, 2014
I see the big deal in soccer today is some moron bit another player

“Stop Child Soliders”

Location hidden

#1155920 Jun 24, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Grassley's Hunt For An Obama Insider Trading Scandal Backfires On GOP
Early last year, Wall Street traders somehow found out that the Obama administration planned to make a policy change to Medicare before the news was even announced.
The flurry of stock trades in major health care companies that followed has since caught the eye of federal law enforcement as well as Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-IA), who has made investigating the matter one of his pet projects on the Senate Finance and Judiciary committees. In his search, Grassley has gone as far as to cast suspicion on the Obama administration as the source of the leak.
But in a twist, the Wall Street Journal reported last week that federal regulators and law enforcement officials have now focused their attention on a Republican health policy staffer in the House. A lawsuit filed on Friday by the Securities and Exchange Commission, first reported by the Journal, said investigators believe the staffer "may have been" the source of the leak. It also sought to force the staffer to turn over records to investigators, something he and the committee have reportedly refused to do despite being handed subpoenas.
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/muckraker/grassl...
Yea, those damn whistle blowers cannot be permitted. The Obama has prosecuted more than all the other admins combined.

“Stop Child Soliders”

Location hidden

#1155921 Jun 24, 2014
IRS was caught engaging in a massive abuse of power. Instead of taking responsibility, they have hidden info, lied, and blocked an investigation
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1155922 Jun 24, 2014
House Resists S.E.C.’s Insider Trading Inquiry

The investigation concerns trading in insurance companies in April 2013 after a change in the Medicare reimbursement rates by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services leaked out before its official announcement. The S.E.C. traced a potential source of the information to Brian Sutter, the staff director of the House Ways and Means Committee.

The S.E.C. issued subpoenas to Mr. Sutter and the committee in May for documents and his testimony about contacts with lobbyists at the law firm Greenberg Traurig. Federal prosecutors in Manhattan also served a grand jury subpoena for Mr. Sutter to testify, and it is not clear whether he has responded.

According to the S.E.C.’s filing to enforce its subpoenas, Mr. Sutter spoke with a Greenberg Traurig lobbyist just a few minutes before the lobbyist emailed a brokerage firm that “very credible sources” had confirmed the Medicare change. The brokerage firm then issued an alert to clients about the reimbursement policy that resulted in a jump in the share price of insurance companies that would benefit.

When the investigation first started, Mr. Sutter told an F.B.I. agent and an investigator from the Department of Health and Human Services’ inspector general’s office that he did not recall speaking with the lobbyist on his cellphone about the reimbursement policy.

A few days later, a lawyer for the House of Representatives sent a letter stating that “with the benefit of some time for reflection” Mr. Sutter may recall speaking with the lobbyist and that other statements he made “might merit clarification.” That type of admission is a red flag for investigators that they may have caught someone in a lie, making it a potentially fruitful avenue for further investigation.

Typically, the next step in an investigation is to subpoena records about any contacts the person might have had with sources of the information and potential tippees, which usually includes having them testify under oath. Whether the person will actually testify is an open question because a lawyer most likely would advise a client to assert the Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination to keep from making any further damaging statements.

http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2014/06/23/house-...
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1155923 Jun 24, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen to Homer insisting on installing someone as POTUS without a vote. The Dems dream for America?
Well he clearly asked what you and your party are going to do about it, how you gonna stop her...You can't tell enough lies.
TPRTY

East Hartford, CT

#1155924 Jun 24, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree__some of the others are just here to be ornery. Some go full time on multiple threads talking about the same sht__wonder what they did before topix and similar forums..
What were you doing before your full time gig on Topix?
Nostrilis Waxman

Anonymous Proxy

#1155925 Jun 24, 2014
<quoted text>
What is you obsession with Waxman - you also sometimes call me Waxman, you idiot.
You are such a hypocrite. You have been busted several times and even admitted being a sock.
God are you an idiot Ghost.
Me^^^^^pretending I'm not Waxman!!! Bwaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaa!!!
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1155926 Jun 24, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
IRS was caught engaging in a massive abuse of power. Instead of taking responsibility, they have hidden info, lied, and blocked an investigation
Yea, should have just locked those un American baggers up.
Nostrilis Waxman

Anonymous Proxy

#1155927 Jun 24, 2014
The Right All Along wrote:
<quoted text> Killary Hinton? That drunk alienates herself every time that harpy shrieks poverty! No Homo, you'd have a better chance turning straight then that witch winning anything but a butt ugly contest.
ME^^^^^^^^^^ Again!!!!!!!!!!
Nostrilis Waxman

Anonymous Proxy

#1155928 Jun 24, 2014
Fake Angela wrote:
<quoted text> You'll have to excuse Patrick's new attempt to be "macho" by using lily boca raton fl's gutter-ghetto vulgarities. Just sayin'
ME again, just sayin!!!!!!!
Nostrilis Waxman

Anonymous Proxy

#1155929 Jun 24, 2014
Homoer wrote:
<quoted text> Homer enjoys keeping both eyes on the men's room.(Patrick will be envious.)
ME again!!!!!!!!!!
TPRTY

East Hartford, CT

#1155930 Jun 24, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, let's try to ignore the GOP idiot failing miserably in trying to lay crap on Obama's doorstep.
And it really wasn't necessary -- especially when you consider Obama's doorstep is already ass deep in ¨crap.¨
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1155931 Jun 24, 2014
TPRTY wrote:
<quoted text>
What were you doing before your full time gig on Topix?
I see that Carol isn't the only math and memory challenged dirtbag posting here.
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1155932 Jun 24, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Me^^^^^pretending I'm not Waxman!!! Bwaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaa!!!
Do you have multiple personalities? because you seem much smarter at times?

“Stop Child Soliders”

Location hidden

#1155933 Jun 24, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>Well he clearly asked what you and your party are going to do about it, how you gonna stop her...You can't tell enough lies.
You big old goof ball--

Here is Homer's post I responded to
"Call her what you will but she is your next president folks may as well get used to it."

LOL, it was quoted above my post--you know that is how Topix works--it shows what you are responding too. You are a total doofus.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1155934 Jun 24, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea, those damn whistle blowers cannot be permitted. The Obama has prosecuted more than all the other admins combined.
i would think you'd want to ignore a GOP operative getting caught helping out his buddies on Wall Street.

i wonder what his bank account looks like. guess we'll wait for the SEC to tell us all about it.
HAARP

Netherlands

#1155935 Jun 24, 2014
Is that HAARP info true? http://www.urlbeat.net/2970d7e6
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1155936 Jun 24, 2014
Olive Oil wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you always this ignorant? Most members of The Tea Party are White because they oppose this administration's Big Government Agenda.
92% of Black Americans support Obama.
So, it's not that they are not welcome at the Tea Party, to be Members or to attend because the Tea Party Members are racist - It's because Black Americans have no common political interests or ideologies with the Tea Party. Unless they are Conservatives.
Well if most black people think the Tea Party Members are racist, that comes from their own projections then, doesn't it. Are you always this naïve?
So... by your logic, the tea party wouldn't exist if a white guy was in the 'white' house?

I mean, never mind the last administration was also big...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 33 min Knowledge- 243,448
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 7 hr Earthling-1 6,277
The Email Address Debacle: Did Hillary Do Somet... 8 hr GoGoGrandMaHillary 1,653
News Trail Blazers 'like what Tim Frazier brings' at... 21 hr Fartman 2
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Sat tom wingo 29,828
News Giddens Leads New Mexico Over UNLV, 59-45 (Mar '08) Jul 2 Fartman 24
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jun 30 KeS 201,820
More from around the web