Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1274387 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1155227 Jun 23, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Rand Paul says you're full of shit.
Rand Paul says the Iraq War was a big mistake and Bush and Cheney were dead wrong.
What sort of libertarian are you, Flake??
A Neocon is more like it, you warmongering fool.
You gonna send your daughters to fight in Iraq??
Old Flack is too stupid to even know what he is. Pretty bad when you are that clueless. Just copy and paste frantically appeasing only yourself and then considering that he had a good day... Talk about warped...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1155229 Jun 23, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>So reich wingers are ready to wage war now?
wow...
another racist slur.....

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1155231 Jun 23, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bush legacy was low unemployment, recovering from 9/11 and a strong GDP.
The 111 Democrats who supported Bush's noble efforts in Iraq became weasels for nothing more than personal gain when the political winds changed.
That's part of the legacy, Homer.
The vast majority of Democrats in Congress refused to believe the warnings by both Bush and Bernanke that a housing market crisis was imminent is also part of the legacy.
That's also part of the legacy.
The Democrats controlled both the House and the Senate in 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010.
Another part of the legacy.
But if you want to blame Bush for a sluggish six-year recovery with no end in sight, the ObamaCare fiasco and the world imploding all around us because of indecisive and weak leadership, you go right ahead until the cows come home if it keeps you happy inside your little bubble.
Just avoid things that are prickly or have tiny points.
Bush lied to get support.

That has been proven, so anyone who went along due to his lies is not at fault. DUH

>>>>Study: Bush, aides made 935 false statements in run-up to war<<<<

""WASHINGTON (CNN)-- President Bush and his top aides publicly made 935 false statements about the security risk posed by Iraq in the two years following September 11, 2001, according to a study released Tuesday by two nonprofit journalism groups.

art.bush.march03.afp.gi.jpg
President Bush addresses the nation as the Iraq war begins in March 2003.

"In short, the Bush administration led the nation to war on the basis of erroneous information that it methodically propagated and that culminated in military action against Iraq on March 19, 2003," reads an overview of the examination, conducted by the Center for Public Integrity and its affiliated group, the Fund for Independence in Journalism.

According to the study, Bush and seven top officials -- including Vice President Dick Cheney, former Secretary of State Colin Powell and then-National Security Adviser Condoleezza Rice -- made 935 false statements about Iraq during those two years.

The study was based on a searchable database compiled of primary sources, such as official government transcripts and speeches, and secondary sources -- mainly quotes from major media organizations. Video See CNN viewers' reactions to the study »

The study says Bush made 232 false statements about Iraq and former leader Saddam Hussein's possessing weapons of mass destruction, and 28 false statements about Iraq's links to al Qaeda.""

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/01/23/bush.i...

----------

This is as bad about your serial lies about Michael Schiavo and his brain dead wife. You repeated the same lies here regularly, in spite of proof they were lies.

That's all you do, is lie.

And you call yourself a Christian?? What a joke.

Got any fake nude photos of Obama"s mother??

How about some more scurrilous talk about Frank Davis.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1155232 Jun 23, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>That's some real funny chit babe__where did you find it? Was it dated Jan 5 2012?
What's your need to lie?
Did you also read that Iran is "close" to agreeing to spot inspections of it's nuclear facilities?
why not full-time monitors in their nuclear facilities....if they have nothing to hide.....
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1155233 Jun 23, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> agree
Wow, how comforting it must be knowing that the Village idiot agrees with you?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1155234 Jun 23, 2014
flack wrote:
featured-img
AP
Book: Oprah Winfrey Calls Michelle Obama 'Tiresome,' Prefers Hillary Clinton
BY: Paul Bedard, Washington Examiner
The lovey-dovey public relationship between Oprah Winfrey and the President and Michelle Obama is a mirage, according to a new book that says first lady badgers the TV giant for favors and makes the fellow Chicagoan feel “jumpy.”
In his latest political book,“Blood Feud: The Clintons vs. the Obamas,” best-selling author Edward Klein also reveals that “Oprah feels slighted by the Obamas” but would walk on hot coals for Bill and Hillary Clinton, who she is eager to help in a 2016 presidential election.
Klein writes:“‘I have a much warmer relationship with Hillary than I do with either Michelle or Barack,’ Oprah said.‘The Clintons make me feel at ease 100 percent of the time. But even when the Obamas think they are being charming, they hold you at arm’s length. They make me jumpy, even when the obviously don’t mean to.'”
Oprah threw Hillary under the bus in 2008....race trumps all for that cow.....
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1155235 Jun 23, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
another racist slur.....
Poor baby is desperate for company.. you are one whacko bird.
TPRTY

East Hartford, CT

#1155236 Jun 23, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the disaster of LBJ's policy was that he gave the enemy sanctuary in Laos, Cambodia, and North Vietnam from which they could attack Americans without fear of reprisal....
and where were you????....
A much more catastrophic disaster -- and a much more costly policy -- was LBJ turning the citizens of the U.S. from a group asking 'what can I do for my country' into 'what can my country do for me.'

“Stop Child Soliders”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1155237 Jun 23, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Iran now owns Iraq. Maliki is a puppet of Iran. The Iranians are now running th eIraqi Army, what is left of it.
Proof positive that Saddam was the only thing standing between Iran and a takeover of shiite majority Iraq.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
You're too stupid to connect the dots.
Must be those hot flashes, old hag.
You spend most of the day making a fool of yourself again.
This time you can't blame USAsince, as you tried to do with your stupidity concerning the Bundy terrorists.
ISIS would be moving into Iraq at this moment anyway as they were friends to the Saddam regime. So, with or without Saddam the events currently happening would have occurred at such time the ISIS felt it was powerful enough to move. A failed Iraq government, a disengaged US and apparently shockingly poor US intelligence is the impetus of this mess.

Man, you are one disjointed person. Is that caused by your hot flashes?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1155238 Jun 23, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Flack is just dying to send more Americans to their death.
Most Americans see the Iraq War as the biggest foreign policy mistake in our country's history and Flack wants to do it all over again.
no point wasting money on the military if you're unwilling to use it....or at least threaten to do so.....

let's shut the whole thing down and balance the budget....

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1155239 Jun 23, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
So our little girl, Nuc, is really an old hag deep into hot flashes? I hear they can be very uncomfortable, but NO I cannot relate to your problem at this time.
No, I still state Saddam was NO credible threat to Iran
Dave is claiming if only we left Saddam in power, he would have been a deterrent to Iran.
Dave trying to back track again and screaming but, but chemical weapons is desperation.
We both know Saddam had none so it is lame for Dave to even go there.
Saddam was no credible threat to Iran
Dave whipped your ass on this, so quit whining.

Bush did Iran a great favor by taking out their mortal enemy, Sunni Saddam Hussein. DUH

Saddam killed nearly 1 million Iranians, and you're stupid enough to say he was no threat. America was his ally, providing the chemical weapons he used.

A fact you refuse to discuss.

Proves you're afraid of the topic.

Every time you get butt hurt, you come and whine about others.

Accept it like the vag*ina you are, hot flashes and all.

Get over it. You made a fool of yourself.

Again.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1155240 Jun 23, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bush legacy was low unemployment, recovering from 9/11 and a strong GDP.
The 111 Democrats who supported Bush's noble efforts in Iraq became weasels for nothing more than personal gain when the political winds changed.
That's part of the legacy, Homer.
The vast majority of Democrats in Congress refused to believe the warnings by both Bush and Bernanke that a housing market crisis was imminent is also part of the legacy.
That's also part of the legacy.
The Democrats controlled both the House and the Senate in 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010.
Another part of the legacy.
But if you want to blame Bush for a sluggish six-year recovery with no end in sight, the ObamaCare fiasco and the world imploding all around us because of indecisive and weak leadership, you go right ahead until the cows come home if it keeps you happy inside your little bubble.
Just avoid things that are prickly or have tiny points.
The Bush legacy is playing out in Iraq at this moment. DUH

War and failure. That was Bush.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1155241 Jun 23, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>You all are missing the point. Republicans can get maybe 45% of the vote so you better hope for a strong 3rd party candidate. Maybe that is the plan, the moderate wing runs a candidate and pulls the independent vote from Hillary and the Tea Bagging candidate wins with 42% of the vote. I guess it could happen.
You have to look at different scenarios, I mean Mitt had almost no path to the White House and with the way the Rep party is headed to the right they will have even less of a pool of voters.
Don't blame Homer.
exactly how Bill Clinton won election, using his pinhead stooge Perot.....
South Dakota GOP

Buies Creek, NC

#1155242 Jun 23, 2014
The South Dakota Republican Party state convention passed a resolution calling for the impeachment of President Barack Obama Saturday.

The resolution says Obama has “violated his oath of office in numerous ways.” It specifically cites the release of five Taliban combatants in a trade for captive U.S. soldier Bowe Bergdahl, Obama’s statement that people could keep insurance companies, and recent EPA regulations on power plants.

“Therefore, be it resolved that the South Dakota Republican Party calls on our U.S. Representatives to initiate impeachment proceedings against the president of the United States,” the resolution reads.
Twenty of South Dakota's 66 counties had no delegates at the convention. Another 20 county delegations voted against the resolution by a combined total of 29 in favor, 118 against. Six counties were tied. And 20 counties voted for the resolution by a combined total of 141-37. Thirteen counties voted unanimously for the resolution, and 12 voted unanimously against it.

During the roll call, the vote was close throughout, but the No side appeared to be winning -- until Pennington County (home to Rapid City, the convention's host and possessing the single largest delegation there) voted 47-9 in favor.

The delegates in question were elected at the county and precinct level across the state, with some vacancies filled in by local county Republican Parties. I don't have a full list of all the delegates at the convention, and no data on how individual delegates voted, just the county total.

You can view all the county vote totals here.

Here's the full text of the resolution:

WHEREAS, The president of the United States, Barack Hussein Obama has taken an oath to uphold the Constitution of the United States and protect it from all enemies both foreign and domestic,

WHEREAS, The president has violated his oath of office in numerous ways with the latest being the release of five terrorists in exchange for a soldier without consulting Congress as required by law,

WHEREAS, The president of the United States has willfully and wantonly lied to the American people telling them they can keep their insurance company, and they can keep their doctor under Obama Care, prior to an election,

WHEREAS, The president has ordered Federal Agencies to enact rules (laws) that threaten the security of the people of this great nation (EPA regulations) by passing Congress and usurping its authority,

WHEREAS, the president has abused his executive privilege usurping his authority as decided by numerous federal courts,

WHEREAS, The Constitution and Declaration of Independence are very clear on the authority of the President and the Federal Government, and when they violate their oath it is the right, it is the duty of the American people to act,

WHEREAS, America was designed as a Lex Rex (the law is king) rather than a Rex Lex (The King is the law) system of government. It is a government of the people, by the people and for the people.

THEREFORE, be it resolved that the South Dakota Republican Party calls on our U.S. Representatives to initiate impeachment proceedings against the president of the United States.

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#1155243 Jun 23, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Here, just in case, read it again.
Every dollar increase, holding the number of miles driven constant, would cost these moderate- and lower-income households an extra $530 per year. For a family with an annual income of $20,000, this is an additional 2.7% of their total income. Although higher gas prices eventually encourage consumers to cut back on driving or switch to more fuel-efficient vehicles, in the short-run they may have few options but to cut back on other expenditures in the family budget. Since low- and moderate-income families’ spend most of their income on average, in the very short run they can only choose between spending less on other items and going further into debt. In addition, less spending on other items operates much like higher taxes in slowing an incipient recovery. In other words, higher gas prices drain purchasing power from the economy. That means that these families get hit twice: once by the direct impact on their household budgets but a second time when higher prices retard the economic recovery.
You have no clue, as usual, what you are talking about. A dollar raise in gas prices would slam us back into a full blown recession just like 2008.
flack post#1155162
<quoted text> "It's going to blow up into WWIII if we don't watch out."
So you think a recession is worse than WWIII?
What a dumbass.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1155244 Jun 23, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> LMAO!!!! Homer proves how brain dead the libtards are by claiming they would vote for a dead woman like lemmings.
lol! And yet, conservatives have already done it!

“Stop Child Soliders”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1155245 Jun 23, 2014
Homer wrote:
Bush's wars destabilized the entire region and somehow Obama is to blame. You can't make this stuff up folks.
No, Obama supporting the Arab Spring destabilized the region.

You can Google it and look up the problems we are having in Libya, Egypt and Syria and its connection to this ill thought out position.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1155246 Jun 23, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
ISIS would be moving into Iraq at this moment anyway as they were friends to the Saddam regime. So, with or without Saddam the events currently happening would have occurred at such time the ISIS felt it was powerful enough to move. A failed Iraq government, a disengaged US and apparently shockingly poor US intelligence is the impetus of this mess.
Man, you are one disjointed person. Is that caused by your hot flashes?
>>>ISIS friends to Saddam regime<<<<<??

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Care to back that up, or is it just another brainless statement from Lowblow??

ISIS didn't exist until recently!! DUH It clearly didn't exist when Saddam was in power. He killed all who dared oppose him. Brutal, but effective.

I won't let you off on this piece of ignorance. You proved again how little you know about the area and it's history.

There was no Al Queda in Iraq until after Bush invaded. ISIS is a splinter group of Al Queda.

You will be reminded of this piece of work often, Lowblow. LOL

You proved how clueless you really are. Thanks.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1155247 Jun 23, 2014
South Dakota GOP wrote:
The South Dakota Republican Party state convention passed a resolution calling for the impeachment of President Barack Obama Saturday.
The resolution says Obama has “violated his oath of office in numerous ways.” It specifically cites the release of five Taliban combatants in a trade for captive U.S. soldier Bowe Bergdahl, Obama’s statement that people could keep insurance companies, and recent EPA regulations on power plants.
“Therefore, be it resolved that the South Dakota Republican Party calls on our U.S. Representatives to initiate impeachment proceedings against the president of the United States,” the resolution reads.
Twenty of South Dakota's 66 counties had no delegates at the convention. Another 20 county delegations voted against the resolution by a combined total of 29 in favor, 118 against. Six counties were tied. And 20 counties voted for the resolution by a combined total of 141-37. Thirteen counties voted unanimously for the resolution, and 12 voted unanimously against it.
During the roll call, the vote was close throughout, but the No side appeared to be winning -- until Pennington County (home to Rapid City, the convention's host and possessing the single largest delegation there) voted 47-9 in favor.
The delegates in question were elected at the county and precinct level across the state, with some vacancies filled in by local county Republican Parties. I don't have a full list of all the delegates at the convention, and no data on how individual delegates voted, just the county total.
You can view all the county vote totals here.
Here's the full text of the resolution:
WHEREAS, The president of the United States, Barack Hussein Obama has taken an oath to uphold the Constitution of the United States and protect it from all enemies both foreign and domestic,
WHEREAS, The president has violated his oath of office in numerous ways with the latest being the release of five terrorists in exchange for a soldier without consulting Congress as required by law,
WHEREAS, The president of the United States has willfully and wantonly lied to the American people telling them they can keep their insurance company, and they can keep their doctor under Obama Care, prior to an election,
WHEREAS, The president has ordered Federal Agencies to enact rules (laws) that threaten the security of the people of this great nation (EPA regulations) by passing Congress and usurping its authority,
WHEREAS, the president has abused his executive privilege usurping his authority as decided by numerous federal courts,
WHEREAS, The Constitution and Declaration of Independence are very clear on the authority of the President and the Federal Government, and when they violate their oath it is the right, it is the duty of the American people to act,
WHEREAS, America was designed as a Lex Rex (the law is king) rather than a Rex Lex (The King is the law) system of government. It is a government of the people, by the people and for the people.
THEREFORE, be it resolved that the South Dakota Republican Party calls on our U.S. Representatives to initiate impeachment proceedings against the president of the United States.
South Dakota??

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HIT THE ROAD JACK

Buies Creek, NC

#1155248 Jun 23, 2014

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 4 min Into The Night 6,799
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 40 min Eagle 12 247,201
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 59 min Chris Beerman 29,906
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) Aug 22 cpeter1313 310,470
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Aug 20 Jcrombie67 282
Hoophall Invitational - Miami Aug 17 Hoophall 1
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Aug 16 Doctor Justice_ 201,862
More from around the web