Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1419818 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

The Duck of Death

United States

#1154418 Jun 21, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
According to NASA--" Its first use was in a 1975 Science article by geochemist Wallace Broecker of Columbia University's Lamont-Doherty Geological Observatory: "Climatic Change: Are We on the Brink of a Pronounced Global Warming?"
Apparently we're still on that brink.

“Short-circuit Hillary”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1154419 Jun 21, 2014
I have a strong suspicion that the missing emails contain some over-the-top demands by some ignorant Senate Dems.

Here is Levin in a March 2013 interview

"Toward the end of my interview with Levin, he let slip a tantalizing tidbit. Sometime in the next few months, the permanent subcommittee plans to call the Internal Revenue Service to task for allowing the political super PACs to be classified as tax-exempt 501(c)(4)s.“Tax-exempt 501(c)(4)s are not supposed to be engaged in politics,” he said.“It is against the law to do so.” Then he added, with a certain undeniable relish,“We’re going to go after them.”
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/19/opinion/noc... ;

Well, Levin you are either ignorant of the law or pretending to be so you can go after groups that do not favor you politically.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1154420 Jun 21, 2014
The Duck of Death wrote:
<quoted text>
This particular brink is in great need of some obliging coincidences.

“Short-circuit Hillary”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1154421 Jun 21, 2014
Some trivia

First week book sales
Hard Choices -85,721
American by Heart-467,604

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1154422 Jun 21, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Hillary was also in her early thirties when she giggled her way through that interview.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =e2f13f2awK4XX
It's time to play by the same rules. Conservatives would never stoop as low as they seem so willing to go, but when it comes to digging up skeletons in one's closet, it's fair game.

When teenage misconduct trumps laughing about getting a rapist off, it might be time to take off the gloves.
Donnie

United States

#1154423 Jun 21, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
Some trivia
First week book sales
Hard Choices -85,721
American by Heart-467,604
Hill's books fallen out of the top 10 is what I heard...ahhh

Orlando, FL

#1154424 Jun 21, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
everything Obama has proposed is designed to destroy America......
Sure does seem that way. But a corrupt politician who cut his political teeth in Chicago - one of the most politically corrupt cities in the country - wouldn't be able to change his stripes as the president of the country.

Can't think of any organization or policy or legislation or personal associations to which he aligned himself that would paint him in a different light as a true blue American.

In fact, quite the opposite.

We were hijacked in 2008, but it was by our fellow countrymen who elected him.

Do you think we'll make it through another two years?
Donnie

United States

#1154425 Jun 21, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
It's time to play by the same rules. Conservatives would never stoop as low as they seem so willing to go, but when it comes to digging up skeletons in one's closet, it's fair game.
When teenage misconduct trumps laughing about getting a rapist off, it might be time to take off the gloves.
One of the creepiest things I've ever heard was Hillary chuckling and giggles of amusement while talking about the guilt of her client raping a 12 year old girl. I heard a Arkansas talk show host say the 12 year was treated so roughly she was in a coma after the rape.

There is nothing that is cute, amusing, hilarious about this case it was a travesty of justice.

Hillary took this client she wasn't assigned or a public defender. It speaks directly to who she is as a person. What she's willing to do and be a party of to achieve her goals.

They could make a horror movie using that tape as the premise of the story.

Orlando, FL

#1154426 Jun 21, 2014
Donnie wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the creepiest things I've ever heard was Hillary chuckling and giggles of amusement while talking about the guilt of her client raping a 12 year old girl. I heard a Arkansas talk show host say the 12 year was treated so roughly she was in a coma after the rape.
There is nothing that is cute, amusing, hilarious about this case it was a travesty of justice.
Hillary took this client she wasn't assigned or a public defender. It speaks directly to who she is as a person. What she's willing to do and be a party of to achieve her goals.
They could make a horror movie using that tape as the premise of the story.
To a lot of us, it shows she's two different people. The one behind the scenes - a reputation of being ruthless (not tough)- and the one in front of a camera and a microphone cautiously pretending to be something she's not.

Seems to be a requirement to run as a Democrat these days. Doublespeak and talking out of both sides of your mouth depending on your audience.

In comparison, JFK would be a conservative today.

Orlando, FL

#1154427 Jun 21, 2014
Gov. Bobby Jindal made a joke:

"'Are we witnessing right now the most radically, extremely liberal, ideological president of our entire lifetime right here in the United States of America, or are we witnessing the most incompetent president of the United States of America in the history of our lifetimes? You know, it is a difficult question,' he said.'I've thought long and hard about it. Here's the only answer I've come up with, and I'm going to quote Secretary Clinton:'What difference does it make?''"

Night.
Donnie

United States

#1154428 Jun 21, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
To a lot of us, it shows she's two different people. The one behind the scenes - a reputation of being ruthless (not tough)- and the one in front of a camera and a microphone cautiously pretending to be something she's not.
Seems to be a requirement to run as a Democrat these days. Doublespeak and talking out of both sides of your mouth depending on your audience.
No she was person who learned a lesson a long long time ago taught by Joe Kennedy to his sons. "It's not who you really are that matters....it's what people think you are that matters!".

Hence the orchestrated public relations of her struggles to 'save women and children' her struggles to 'save' her marriage with a hound dog of a husband and raise her daughter and keep her family intact. Her 'Hard Choices' as a woman Secretary of State.....and the band plays on...

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1154429 Jun 21, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Bubba and Hillary are cut from the same cloth. Birds of a feather.....He's a crowing Cock and she's a cackling Hen. Considering her age, maybe more like a cawing Crow now.
The Duchess of Taint

United States

#1154430 Jun 21, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
To a lot of us, it shows she's two different people.
Hillary's ulterior motives would frighten a Navy SEAL.
Lib

United States

#1154431 Jun 21, 2014
More like " It's not who you are that matters, but who people think you are".....Joe Kennedy

but you were fairly close, lol.

Interesting opinion too.

Lapeer, MI

#1154432 Jun 21, 2014
The Duck of Death wrote:
<quoted text>
With Liberals, every cause they scrape together puts humanity on the brink.

* American kids are dying of obesity and starvation simultaneously.

* Illegal Mexicans without Drivers Licenses are going to die!

* Gays who aren't allowed to marry like normal humans are going to commit suicide!

* Without a Carbon Tax, the world is going to die!

* Without Gun Control, Liberals could die!

(yawn)
Lib

United States

#1154433 Jun 21, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
Gov. Bobby Jindal made a joke:
"'Are we witnessing right now the most radically, extremely liberal, ideological president of our entire lifetime right here in the United States of America, or are we witnessing the most incompetent president of the United States of America in the history of our lifetimes? You know, it is a difficult question,' he said.'I've thought long and hard about it. Here's the only answer I've come up with, and I'm going to quote Secretary Clinton:'What difference does it make?''"
Night.
He's got a point either way it's all bad for America.

Lapeer, MI

#1154434 Jun 21, 2014
Donnie wrote:
<quoted text>
No she was person who learned a lesson a long long time ago taught by Joe Kennedy to his sons. "It's not who you really are that matters....it's what people think you are that matters!".
Hence the orchestrated public relations of her struggles to 'save women and children' her struggles to 'save' her marriage with a hound dog of a husband and raise her daughter and keep her family intact. Her 'Hard Choices' as a woman Secretary of State.....and the band plays on...
Let's all play a violin for Hillary

....as she's walking out the door....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1154435 Jun 21, 2014
The Duck of Death wrote:
<quoted text>
if we're lucky, Boca will be underwater by the end of the year......

Lapeer, MI

#1154436 Jun 21, 2014
Lib wrote:
More like " It's not who you are that matters, but who people think you are".....Joe Kennedy
but you were fairly close, lol.
Interesting opinion too.
This is similar to Rule #1 of Saul Alinsky's 12 Rules For Radicals.

"RULE 1:“Power is not only what you have, but what the enemy thinks you have.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1154437 Jun 21, 2014
As many as 15 Somali-American men have left their homes in Minnesota in recent months to travel to the Middle East and join up with ISIS, the jihadist army at war with Syria and Iraq, according to Minnesota Public Radio.

The fighters appear to have made the decision to go fight with Islamic State of Iraq and Syria/Levant while the terror group was fighting to overthrow Syrian dictator Bashar al-Assad, but some may now be in Iraq, where the marauding group is seeking to topple Baghdad.

"A Muslim has to stand up for [what's] right," Abdirahmaan Muhumed told MPR News through a series of Facebook messages dating back to the beginning of the year. "I give up this worldly life for Allah."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 7 hr Bob of Quantum-Faith 256,578
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 11 hr ThomasA 311,628
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Sat Trojan 32,332
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Aug 26 Earthling-1 10,065
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Aug 19 JustStop 201,888
mark moel loan house is here for you to uptain ... (Sep '13) Aug 14 Alex 17
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Aug 11 Ceren 9
More from around the web