Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1153161 Jun 19, 2014
Nostrilis Waxmoron wrote:
<quoted text>
It looks like we may have been wrong about Cheney being Bush's brain. Bush is smart enough to keep his mouth shut and is pretty much hiding from the press while his colossal Iraq blunder plays out. Idiot Cheney, on the other hand, is still beating his chest about his part in creating this Middle East disaster.
Films are intriguing and but politics seems to much like work for Patrick...

It's the culture...
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1153162 Jun 19, 2014
Thanks Bush-Cheney for the mess you created world wide. After eight years of the very worst "leadership" and I use that term loosely, we are now seeing the results of bagger leadership.

We should have know as history shows that every time we have had a depression or a serious recession it has been after eight years of a Republican presidency. I do believe that will be the last time we will see two morons like that as hopefully we have learned our lesson. Each day there are becoming fewer and fewer sheep on the right. All we have to remember is that "RIGHT is WRONG".

Since: Jan 11

Bordentown, NJ

#1153163 Jun 19, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
No one can predict the future.
Single Payer is not like the VA. Just admit you were wrong & quit flailing about the how it might change ion the future.
Exactly. One cannot predict the future. I never said the VA is the same as single payer. I said single payer is something that could lead to VA style healthcare. You can't guarantee that it won't long after we're gone.

Since: Jan 11

Bordentown, NJ

#1153164 Jun 19, 2014
bridge to Medicaid should read bridge to Medicare.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1153165 Jun 19, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
So was your old lady, Moose breath.
My old lady??? I am not a homosexual like you GeeGee. Case closed, the science is settled on you.

Prevented this

#1153167 Jun 19, 2014
Nostrilis Waxmoron wrote:
<quoted text>
It looks like we may have been wrong about Cheney being Bush's brain. Bush is smart enough to keep his mouth shut and is pretty much hiding from the press while his colossal Iraq blunder plays out. Idiot Cheney, on the other hand, is still beating his chest about his part in creating this Middle East disaster.
Bill Clinton was bombing Iraq almost every day-why isn't Clinton saying anything? cause he doesn't know what he was doing? maybe it was just a video-yep Clinton's entire presidency was just a video.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1153168 Jun 19, 2014
Apparently:
A psychologist walked around a room while teaching stress management to an audience. As she raised a glass of water, everyone expected they'd be asked the "half empty or half full" question. Instead, with a smile on her face, she enquired: "How heavy is this glass of water?"

Answers called out ranged from 8 oz. to 20 oz.

She replied, "The absolute weight doesn't matter. It depends on how long I hold it. If I hold it for a minute, it's not a problem. If I hold it for an hour, I'll have an ache in my arm. If I hold it for a day, my arm will feel numb and paralyzed. In each case, the weight of the glass doesn't change, but the longer I hold it, the heavier it becomes."

She continued, "The stresses and worries in life are like that glass of water. Think about them for a while and nothing happens. Think about them a bit longer and they begin to hurt. And if you think about them all day long, you will feel paralyzed – incapable of doing anything."

Remember to put the glass down.

Since: May 11

Landisburg, PA

#1153169 Jun 19, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> They are ovals. There is a lot more to it than that but I wouldn't expect you to understand. 210 mph going down into turn two last week with another car a foot away beside you is exciting. Bet you didn't know a cloud going over the sun could speed a car up 3-5 mph. Road course this week. Watching a bunch of men running up and down a grass field all day to 'maybe' score a point is boring. I like rugby much better.
Do ya think there is more to soccer than you know?
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1153170 Jun 19, 2014
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Ghost Post #1152499:- Die already you friggin idiot...God told me to tell you that.
It's the culture...
Well the next time you talk to God tell him Ghost said for both of you to kiss his azz.
Culture girl.
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1153171 Jun 19, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG and that stupid cowboy hat and his daughter beside him! Uggghhh. When will they go the fk away?
I know and it's hard to believe that there are enough idiots to elect another moron like that..He always has a snarl on his ugly face.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1153172 Jun 19, 2014
Mormons Say Critical Online Comments Draw Threats From Church

Rock Waterman, a retired innkeeper in California, writes a blog called Pure Mormonism, which attracts Mormons so orthodox that they believe their church is not sufficiently adhering to its own doctrines.

Last month, Mr. Waterman posted a combative challenge addressed to one of the Mormon Church’s top leaders:“Stop making up your own rules and try preaching the Gospel of Christ for a change.”

Two days later, he said, he was summoned to a meeting with his bishop and told to either stop blogging or resign his church membership. If he did not resign he would face excommunication, he said the bishop told him, on orders from another official higher up — one of the church’s leaders known as an Area Seventy.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/19/us/critical...
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1153173 Jun 19, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
Thanks Bush-Cheney for the mess you created world wide. After eight years of the very worst "leadership" and I use that term loosely, we are now seeing the results of bagger leadership.
We should have know as history shows that every time we have had a depression or a serious recession it has been after eight years of a Republican presidency. I do believe that will be the last time we will see two morons like that as hopefully we have learned our lesson. Each day there are becoming fewer and fewer sheep on the right. All we have to remember is that "RIGHT is WRONG".
Plugs O' Biden Bragging, Once Called Iraq One of Obama's 'Great Achievements' you dumbass... And then Obama and Biden took credit for Iraq in 2011 when Biden claimed Iraq one of Obama's greatest achievements you sellout

As Iraq falls, it's worth remembering Vice President Joe Biden hailing that country as one of
President Obama's "greatest achievements" in a 2010 interview with then CNN host Larry King.

It's Obama bin Lying, and democRATs defending, standing with al Qaeda and the Taliban, selling out America, Veterans, and America's war dead you traitor, since the political winds have shifted in an ugly direction you idiot dumbass......

It's the culture...

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1153174 Jun 19, 2014
Fallon's joke about Biden was hilarious last night.

A clip of Biden and Ghana's president was shown sitting side-by-side at the World Cup and the announcer mistakenly calling Biden the President of the United States,

Fallon said Biden looked at Ghana's black president and said, "Did you hear that Barack? They think I'm the president!"

Just thought it was hilarious.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1153175 Jun 19, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
My state had basic and essential plans tailored for your friend. Early retirees used it as a bridge to Medicaid. Obamacare eliminated them. We were already at 200% of poverty level with Medicaid.
http://www.nj.com/business/index.ssf/2013/08/...
Those plans did not cover hospitalizations and the last sentence of your article sums it up well:

"If you buy it when you’re healthy, you don’t think about it," Sheeran of Glenn Insurance said of B&E plans. "Then when something happens, you’re stuck."

I think a lot of the people who had those plans probably felt they were covered; but with Obamacare; their coverage will be more comprehensive; in addition to the pre existing conditions part. I'm not in love with the mandate to buy insurance from insurance companies; I hope it will evolve into universal single payer paid through taxation and not attached to employment.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1153176 Jun 19, 2014
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Hairbrain Ried ought to be tied to some totem poles, in 112 degree weather, full sunlight, for a few hours, to learn what "redskin" REALLY is and for trying to decimate legacies of REAL Americans.
Imebecilic, native American hating DUHMbocRat.
lol! You think calling a professional football team 'Redskin' is a 'legacy?'

Geez you people are humorous!!!!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1153177 Jun 19, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
Ghost meltdown pending...
How's your celly doing? You getting along with.... with....'it'?

Prevented this

#1153178 Jun 19, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
what did Clinton do the first time Americans on our own soil were bombed by your precious moslems--you remember don't you? over a 1000 were injured and killed 6 people. What did Clinton do?
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1153179 Jun 19, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
It's easier to lie and try to fool people and look stupid, than it is to convince them you are not a dumbass ghost....

May 12, 1996:- Secretary of State Madeleine Albright's response to a May 12, 1996 60 Minutes question about the over half million Muslim Iraqi children killed by the poison ordered by the Clinton Administration against the Muslim people of Iraq... " is the price worth it?" Albright replied, "I think this is a very hard choice, but the price -- we think the price is worth it"... 500,000 Iraqi Muslim children killed... WWWII with MuslimsI... Clinton warmongering with the Muslim world.

May 26, 1998:- Osama bin Laden declared war against Bill Clinton, the United States and the West.on May 26, 1998 you retard...

President Bill Clinton who signed the Iraq Liberation Act into law on October 31, 1998 authorizing regime change in Iraq you dumbass....

December 16,1998 WASHINGTON (CNN)-- From the Oval Office, President Clinton told the nation Wednesday evening why he ordered new military strikes against Iraq and starts World War III with Muslims and Iraq you moron.

September 11, 2001 - 911 - 3,200 Twin Tower dead civilians! Bush left with Clinton's warmongering mess you idiot.

2011:- Plugs O' Biden Bragging, Once Called Iraq One of Obama's 'Great Achievements' And then how Obama and Biden took credit for Iraq in 2011 when Biden claimed Iraq one of Obama's greatest achievements.

June 1 2014:- It's Obama bin Lying, and democRATs defending, standing with al Qaeda and the Taliban, selling out America, Veterans, and America's war dead you traitor, since the political winds have shifted in an ugly direction you idiot dumbass......

It's the culture..

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1153180 Jun 19, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Do ya think there is more to soccer than you know?
Nope.
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1153181 Jun 19, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>My old lady??? I am not a homosexual like you GeeGee. Case closed, the science is settled on you.
Ooh, touched a nerve did I? Soo you are aware of the affair? Sorry....NOT

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Uncle Sam 238,383
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 7 hr tom wingo 29,725
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 12 hr Pearl Jam 309,755
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... Apr 29 Sauck freedom 6
News Freshman Jonah Bolden declared ineligible for U... (Sep '14) Apr 29 tom wingo 4
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Apr 27 TerryE 5,306
News Kecoughtan High teacher resigns after drug charges (Nov '07) Apr 25 Yogurt Nads 82
More from around the web