Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1497797 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Lib

United States

#1154433 Jun 21, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
Gov. Bobby Jindal made a joke:
"'Are we witnessing right now the most radically, extremely liberal, ideological president of our entire lifetime right here in the United States of America, or are we witnessing the most incompetent president of the United States of America in the history of our lifetimes? You know, it is a difficult question,' he said.'I've thought long and hard about it. Here's the only answer I've come up with, and I'm going to quote Secretary Clinton:'What difference does it make?''"
Night.
He's got a point either way it's all bad for America.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1154434 Jun 21, 2014
Donnie wrote:
<quoted text>
No she was person who learned a lesson a long long time ago taught by Joe Kennedy to his sons. "It's not who you really are that matters....it's what people think you are that matters!".
Hence the orchestrated public relations of her struggles to 'save women and children' her struggles to 'save' her marriage with a hound dog of a husband and raise her daughter and keep her family intact. Her 'Hard Choices' as a woman Secretary of State.....and the band plays on...
Let's all play a violin for Hillary

....as she's walking out the door....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1154435 Jun 21, 2014
The Duck of Death wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently we're still on that brink.
if we're lucky, Boca will be underwater by the end of the year......

Lapeer, MI

#1154436 Jun 21, 2014
Lib wrote:
More like " It's not who you are that matters, but who people think you are".....Joe Kennedy
but you were fairly close, lol.
Interesting opinion too.
This is similar to Rule #1 of Saul Alinsky's 12 Rules For Radicals.

"RULE 1:“Power is not only what you have, but what the enemy thinks you have.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1154437 Jun 21, 2014
As many as 15 Somali-American men have left their homes in Minnesota in recent months to travel to the Middle East and join up with ISIS, the jihadist army at war with Syria and Iraq, according to Minnesota Public Radio.

The fighters appear to have made the decision to go fight with Islamic State of Iraq and Syria/Levant while the terror group was fighting to overthrow Syrian dictator Bashar al-Assad, but some may now be in Iraq, where the marauding group is seeking to topple Baghdad.

"A Muslim has to stand up for [what's] right," Abdirahmaan Muhumed told MPR News through a series of Facebook messages dating back to the beginning of the year. "I give up this worldly life for Allah."

Lapeer, MI

#1154438 Jun 21, 2014
The Duchess of Taint wrote:
<quoted text>
Hillary's ulterior motives would frighten a Navy SEAL.
Hillary's face would frighten an Elephant Seal
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1154439 Jun 21, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>how did obama divide them? seems more it is idiots like you doing the dividing.
lol! It's one of those things where if you don't already know, they'll claim they can't tell you.

Fact of the matter is even they have no idea.....

ie... they lied!!!!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1154440 Jun 21, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
You should move to North Korea where they are all like you Dumb Dave. Government controls everything there, which is what you support, moron.
lol! Like you moved to your gulag son?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1154441 Jun 21, 2014
Ah! A nice evening to hear the reich wingers cry!!!!
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1154442 Jun 22, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
if we're lucky, Boca will be underwater by the end of the year......
And if we are lucky you will be even more withered up from lack of water. Idiot.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1154443 Jun 22, 2014
TPRTY wrote:
<quoted text>
Joe Biden, The Walking Gaffe (and documented racist), is a major embarrassment to this country.
Only to the Taliban idiots like you. Compared to murdering Cheney he is a Saint.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1154444 Jun 22, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Hillary's face would frighten an Elephant Seal
All women frighten insecure half male penis deprived social ingrates like you...Nice bagger.
Dee

United States

#1154445 Jun 22, 2014
Many states are being flooded with illegals shipped by the DHS to several states. These people suffer from scabies, infectious TB, measles, and other ailments. California, Arizona, Texas, Oklahoma, Massachusetts, and now Illinois. Virginia citizens of a small community came out and rallied against sending young adults of these illegals to their small community and the Obama Administration and DHS changed their minds and will not be putting these illegals into their area. Texas situation is so bad and the federal government isn't keeping the borders safe now the Governor is manning the border with Texas law enforcement the Border Patrol has over 40% of their entire force working on helping the tidal wave of illegals allowed to come to our country our country is under invasion.

http://illinoisreview.typepad.com/illinoisrev ...

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#1154446 Jun 22, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
no, the attorney cannot tell the court that his attorney is lying (or guilty)....
but an attorney cannot put his client on the stand if he knows that his client will lie....
or are you arguing that Hillary has no ethics????....
What I'm arguing is that you have no clue about how the legal system works, if you did you wouldn't say "an attorney cannot put his client on the stand if he knows his client will lie".
Please explain how an attorney can predict his client is going to lie?

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#1154447 Jun 22, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
Gov. Bobby Jindal made a joke:
"'Are we witnessing right now the most radically, extremely liberal, ideological president of our entire lifetime right here in the United States of America, or are we witnessing the most incompetent president of the United States of America in the history of our lifetimes? You know, it is a difficult question,' he said.'I've thought long and hard about it. Here's the only answer I've come up with, and I'm going to quote Secretary Clinton:'What difference does it make?''"
Night.
Bobby Jindal made an observation, "We have to quit being the stupid party.".
Nostrilis Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1154448 Jun 22, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
And if we are lucky you will be even more withered up from lack of water. Idiot.
Mornin' gramps.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1154449 Jun 22, 2014
Nostrilis Waxmoron wrote:
<quoted text>
Bobby Jindal made an observation, "We have to quit being the stupid party.".
That's kinda like a blind man diagnosing his symptoms. But it is what it is. Lighting a match changes nothing.
Nostrilis Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1154450 Jun 22, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Only to the Taliban idiots like you. Compared to murdering Cheney he is a Saint.
Compared to Cheney, you are a communist. In case you didn't know, follower, you government class communists who call conservatives/Republicans make yourself look childish. Republicans/conservatives and the founding fathers believe in the "individual", freedom and less intrusion from government.

You on the other hand come from the Party of Kennedy, who was a conservative by todays standards, however your Democrat Party has morphed into a bunch of anti-Capitalists and communists who want government to control every aspect and redistribute wealth. Your party is also one that like to take away freedoms, so you are actually more like the Taliban.

You idiots go as far as telling someone how much soda they can buy. Your side tries to also be the though police.

As usual, you have things bass ackwards, gramps.
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1154451 Jun 22, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course it's going south.
But the blame lies with the U.S. and the failure to strike an agreement allowing U.S. forces to stay beyond 2011.
No one wants boots on the ground in Iraq. But Obama knew this was coming in January when the ISIS crossed the Syrian border into Iraq and took the first city and then Fallujah.
He had an opportunity to use air power to crush them at the beginning. It would have sent a clear message we were still prepared to protect Iraq and bolster the Iraqis and their morale.
We would have been heroes in the eyes of the world. But Obama likes us to be weak and indecisive and surrender without so much as a sniffle. You wouldn't have any explanation for that, would you?
You still don't get it, you clueless twit? It wasn't up to The US or Obama, it was up to the Iraqi government to sign off on a SOFA and it was they who rejected it because the Iraqi people didn't want American forces in their country.
And in case you missed it dimwit, Iraq is a sovereign country and we can't even overfly it let alone drop bombs unless military help is requested by their government.
And just where do you think these American aircraft would have suddenly come from STUPID? Bush withdrew our air assets from Saudi Arabia in 2003 and flights from Turkey on a path to intercept ISIS forces would mean overflying Syria which has some serious anti aircraft systems that they got from Russia.
You really lack the ability to think things through don't you? You've been demonstrating that on a daily basis.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1154452 Jun 22, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Mornin' gramps.
Has your paranoia and fanatical obsessions subsided yet?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 5 hr Heretic 11,024
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 17 hr ThomasA 313,383
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Thu Worker 289
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Feb 22 ResidentPhartx 32,756
News Western Michigan heads to Illinois as a favorite Feb 21 TrumpsPhartsx 99
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Feb 21 waaasssuuup 258,484
How my search of $450000 dollars became real. Feb 14 Kesby Karen 1
More from around the web