Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1275062 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1152002 Jun 17, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
What difference does it make?
You don't have insurance & do not qualify for an exemption, you have to pay a penalty "tax". Wow, did that make you happy?
In law there is a big difference, otherwise SCOTUS would not have made the distinction so notable.

Since: May 11

Landisburg, PA

#1152003 Jun 17, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Dumb Dave thinks the "enforcer" and "Health Care Police" role the IRS has is not part of the system.
DumbDave makes up his own facts.
He is a lying weasel. You know it, I know it, we all know it.
DumbDave is an idiot.
I did not say they were no part of the system.

I said they are not involved in healthcare decisions.
Patrick

United States

#1152004 Jun 17, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
While Moms Demand Action has now helped push seven corporate food and beverage chains—including Starbucks, Chipotle, Sonic, and Chili's—to reject firearms at their places of business, to date Target has essentially dodged the issue, saying it has no policy regarding open carry. "As we have previously shared, the safety and security of our guests and team members is our top priority and we follow all local, state and federal laws," Target spokesperson Molly Snyder told me in an email on Sunday, adding, "We respect the rights of our guests to express their opinions and we will continue to listen and take their feedback seriously."
(Perhaps Target will wait until there is a mass shooting before making a decision; I say boycott all Targets; who wants to shop with a bunch of yahoos strutting around with rifles on their backs?)
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2014/06/g...
Trolls are busy ...Ca*ol had some last night nonsense but beginning to see the meltdown of the republicans.
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1152005 Jun 17, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
Proven wrong again, the dummy invokes his weasel routine:
<quoted text>
Why you gotta bring yo mama into the conversation for???
Obammy the Worst

New York, NY

#1152006 Jun 17, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Six years in, Barack Obama is still battling a Bush hangover.
The rising chaos in Iraq — and the blame game over who’s responsible — are the latest reminders that halfway through his own second term, he’s still often more consumed by dealing with the legacy of President George W. Bush than building his own.
Obama supporters see a president who found himself so deep in so many holes from his very first day in office that cleaning up the aftermath of the previous eight years was going to take at least eight of his own: getting out of Iraq and Afghanistan, stabilizing the housing market and repairing the larger economic collapse, all while chopping a $1.2 trillion deficit in half.
To detractors, particularly those with allegiances to Bush, that argument comes off as another excuse for a president who’s been unable to deliver much — a man they see as so driven to be different from his predecessor that he’s often blundered into catastrophe.
To them, the 2011 withdrawal from Iraq — on what they say was a politically driven timetable, not a strategic one — was the latest clear case in point.
But the ripples from the Bush years go well beyond the Islamic militants marching toward Baghdad, larger foreign policy and the economy. There’s the detention facility in Guantánamo Bay that Obama’s 5½ years late in his promise to close. There’s the National Security Agency surveillance apparatus he inherited (and bulked up significantly).
And with 2½ years left, that shows little sign of changing.
“The hangover was much, much worse than I think any president’s been left with, with the exception of Andrew Johnson,” said Howard Dean, the former Vermont governor and Democratic National Committee chairman, though he notes that in that case, he doesn’t blame Abraham Lincoln.“It underlines what unbelievable damage they did in just a short eight years.”
Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2014/06/barack-...
This has to be the most pathetic attempt at an excuse for the failure known as Barack Hussein Obama. Yes, that's it, it is a Bush hangover or....

what is the other all purpose Obammy excuse?

Oh yeah, he didn't know about it until he read about it in the newspaper.
He was busy with the family golfing and guffawing and grinning this past weekend. Then Bam!!! he comes back to the White House, picks up a newspaper and sees Iraqui's lined up and being executed. OMG!

But you stick with that Bush hangover thing...that's a good one. You might have even topped Obama as being naive, clueless and ineffective.
Jean

Palm Coast, FL

#1152007 Jun 17, 2014
While Moms Demand Action has now helped push seven corporate food and beverage chains—including Starbucks, Chipotle, Sonic, and Chili's—to reject firearms at their places of business, to date Target has essentially dodged the issue, saying it has no policy regarding open carry. "As we have previously shared, the safety and security of our guests and team members is our top priority and we follow all local, state and federal laws," Target spokesperson Molly Snyder told me in an email on Sunday, adding, "We respect the rights of our guests to express their opinions and we will continue to listen and take their feedback seriously."
(Perhaps Target will wait until there is a mass shooting before making a decision; I say boycott all Targets; who wants to shop with a bunch of yahoos strutting around with rifles on their backs?)
I hope you are doing your part as a Walmart Greeter.

Since: May 11

Landisburg, PA

#1152008 Jun 17, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Here Dave see if you can understand this!!!!
'If the IRS decides to fine people who received subsidies when they were ineligible, it'll only make the law even more unpopular than it already is."
I like the idea they are enforcing the subsidy guidelines.
Patrick

United States

#1152009 Jun 17, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text> lily boca raton Floriduh ... LOL
Obammy the Worst

New York, NY

#1152010 Jun 17, 2014
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
QUOTE who="RealDave"
Anyone who thinks the IRS is involved in their healthcare is a G.D. fool-QUOTE
Ahhh Duh A Vey-
That post=A brilliant example of the total HYPOCRICY and bullchit example of the tactics of CONS, "Carnival barkers and snake oil sales" low life type dirtbags.
"Carnival barkers and snake oil sales"
still more experience than Obama has at anything except writing exaggerated and made up autobiographies.
Patrick

United States

#1152011 Jun 17, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
" OMG OMG OMG Benghazi Benghazi Where was the security?
Now its " OMG OMG Obama sending troops back into Iraq" I mean you did know that the purpose was to beef up embassy security & protect Americans, right?
Either action regarding the Middle East by President Obama will be attacked by the racist trolls

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1152012 Jun 17, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Westmoreland had a belief in body counts.
Westmoreland was following orders. Johnson wanted the count to be more evenly divided. This is when bureaucratically motivated ROE started purchasing political correctness with American lives.
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1152013 Jun 17, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> You do understand that there is a difference between the Fox Network of affiliated stations and the Fox News Channel or Fox Business? Of course not you are a libtard!!!!!!

While a total sheep like you is aware of everything from that Al, Jazerra network. Although they are far more accurate and honest than FOX is.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#1152014 Jun 17, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
" OMG OMG OMG Benghazi Benghazi Where was the security?
Now its " OMG OMG Obama sending troops back into Iraq" I mean you did know that the purpose was to beef up embassy security & protect Americans, right?
I believe the words he used was "I will not be sending troops back into Iraq". "The will be no boots on the ground". Less than 24 hours later "Obama sends 275 Special Forces to Iraq" Yes I know they are going to the Embassy. Doesn't matter he lied, again!!!!
Obammy the Worst

New York, NY

#1152015 Jun 17, 2014
What's up with this anti-gun post. Isn't gunfire at your inlaws considered normal?

"Tyrone, don't you be dissin me."
bang bang.
Patrick

Palm Coast, FL

#1152016 Jun 17, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Trolls are busy ...Ca*ol had some last night nonsense but beginning to see the meltdown of the republicans.
Why are you so excited about Carol all the time? It's not like she's your beard, too! Just sayin'
--Angela
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1152017 Jun 17, 2014
Jean wrote:
<quoted text> I hope you are doing your part as a Walmart Greeter.
While you drive around in one of those handicapped buggies running over everything. FATSO.
Patrick

United States

#1152018 Jun 17, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes,it was not a lie. A lie is an intentional untruth. I do not believe Obama intentionally misled anyone. He was quoting from the ACA. A document that was drawn up by members of Congress, not Obama. Were people mislead? Yes. Was it intentional? No. Therefore, he did not lie.
add to this

GOP Iraq Hypocrisy Hits Overdrive

Obama is ‘taking a nap’ as ISIS takes over? It was Boehner’s party that gave us this war, and it was Bush who negotiated the ‘peace.’ Is there anything they won’t play politics with?
The list of contenders for most offensive statement by a Republican over the last six years could stretch to Mars and back, even if printed out in small agate type. The one I’m about to cite may not take the gold, but I did a triple-cringe with a double gag when I heard John Boehner’s remark about President Obama “taking a nap” with respect to Mosul.

Here’s what he said Thursday:“It’s not like we haven’t seen over the last five or six months these terrorists moving in, taking control of western Iraq. Now they’ve taken control of Mosul. They’re 100 miles from Baghdad. And what’s the president doing? Taking a nap!”

Now, there are things to criticize Obama about here, goodness knows. His mishandling of the Syrian crisis—probably the most catastrophic and consequential error of his presidency, in my view—helped give rise to ISIS. As ever, he talked too big (it was an election year) about withdrawing from Iraq with honor and all that rot.

But please. It’s just so disgustingly dishonest of Boehner to talk like that. As we all know, it was Boehner’s party that gave us this war, with his own support back in 2002, when the House voted. Yeah, too many Democrats signed on to this hideous folly, but the war in Iraq was obviously a GOP production. If you remember the sound of the war drums at the time, you remember who was doing most of the beating on them.

And by the way—and a lot of people seem not to be remembering this over these last few awful days —the “peace” for which Obama is now being savaged by all the geniuses who were wrong about the war in the first place was a GOP production, too. Remember that press conference toward the end of his term when Bush got those shoes thrown at him? The purpose of that press conference, held in Baghdad, was for Bush and Nouri al-Maliki to announce that they’d come to agreement on a Status of Forces Agreement that dictated the terms of U.S. withdrawal from the country. The SOFA called for virtually all American forces to be gone by New Year’s Day 2012.

A little history on the SOFA: It was being negotiated after the surge had quelled daily violence to a considerable degree. But even so, more than 100,000 Iraqis had been killed, millions had been displaced or left their country, basic services in most cities were plenty iffy, and so on. Iraqis all of sects were desperate for the Americans to leave. So they negotiated a timeline that many Bushies thought too tight, but the pressure on the Iraqis was enormous to get the United States out. Iraqi negotiators insisted on more than 100 changes to the document. From Bush’s end, he basically had to take what the Iraqis gave him, because if he didn’t negotiate the 2012 deadline, all U.S. forces would had to have been gone by the end of 2008. That would have been a highly precipitous withdrawal and would have looked suspiciously like defeat. I’m so glad we had a “tough” president.

I
Patrick

United States

#1152019 Jun 17, 2014
In other words, the timetable here was Bush’s, not Obama’s.

Should Obama have stuck to the negotiated timetable? Maybe not. But the Maliki government wasn’t exactly eager for a renegotiation. Neither were the American people. Sure, Obama wanted to be able to ca

mpaign in 2012 saying he’d gotten our forces out. But a renegotiation of the SOFA to keep up to 30,000 U.S. troops in Iraq for a longer period would have been extremely difficult politically, more so in Iraq than in the United States. And of course it goes without saying, although I’ll say it, that if Obama had negotiated such an agreement, John McCain and Boehner and Mitt Romney, instead of attacking Obama for keeping too few forces, would have attacked him for keeping too many.
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1152020 Jun 17, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I believe the words he used was "I will not be sending troops back into Iraq". "The will be no boots on the ground". Less than 24 hours later "Obama sends 275 Special Forces to Iraq" Yes I know they are going to the Embassy. Doesn't matter he lied, again!!!!
I realize that an idiot like you has no idea of what "Boots on the ground" means. We will always without saying protect our embassies and our citizens in any nation moron. And Boots on the ground has a totally different meaning old clueless one.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#1152021 Jun 17, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
back when it was a left wing commie site....
PolitiFact's Lie of the Year:'A government takeover of health care'
"There was a uniformity of Republican messaging that was disconnected from facts. The sheer discipline ... was breathtaking."
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/artic...
So as Obamacare blows up as planned and the libtards get single payer what do you call that? In my part of the country we call that government run healthcare. A disaster in the making not to mention a doubling of the tax rate.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 39 min Insults Are Easier 247,266
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 58 min SpaceBlues 6,833
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 8 hr _Bad Axe 310,476
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 11 hr tom wingo 29,915
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Aug 20 Jcrombie67 282
Hoophall Invitational - Miami Aug 17 Hoophall 1
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Aug 16 Doctor Justice_ 201,862
More from around the web