Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1619712 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

TPRTY

United States

#1152225 Jun 17, 2014
Stupid Tree Huggers

JAPAN -- A Toyota 2000 GT, one of only 351 built between 1967 and 1970, was being driven down a road in the country’s Toyoama prefecture on the west coast when a 100-foot tall tree fell on top of it.

According to Japanese broadcaster NHK, the tree was rotten on the inside, but was a protected species and couldn’t be chopped down.
frank

Arnaudville, LA

#1152226 Jun 17, 2014
That Obama Sticker On Your Car May As Well Say I'm a Dumbass 
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1152227 Jun 17, 2014
frank wrote:
That Obama Sticker On Your Car May As Well Say I'm a Dumbass 
You don't even need a sticker frank. You are a dumb azz.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1152228 Jun 17, 2014
TPRTY wrote:
Stupid Tree Huggers
JAPAN -- A Toyota 2000 GT, one of only 351 built between 1967 and 1970, was being driven down a road in the country’s Toyoama prefecture on the west coast when a 100-foot tall tree fell on top of it.
According to Japanese broadcaster NHK, the tree was rotten on the inside, but was a protected species and couldn’t be chopped down.
What's your point moron??? All you baggers are rotten on the inside.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1152229 Jun 17, 2014
Bipartisanken wrote:
<quoted text>
;-000h, what is Barry hav to do with NAM? do U know watt"s Na(m neam?;-00
"bipartanass"
Turn about is fair play. Liberal loons like you give the boy president nobama a pass and blame it on Bush. Some on the other side point to the blunders of lbj. But based on the stoopidity you offer you will blame Nam on Bush and claim the the boy president saved us from his blunder.
Peace
KMA
GPUAR
Eleanor Beaver

United States

#1152230 Jun 17, 2014
buzzy benny wrote:
<quoted text>
Deep subject. So you are saying that Lois Lerner took the fifth amendment for no damn reason at all? She just likes to make Obama look like a criminal who conspired to use the IRS as an arm of the Democrat Party?
She is one strange lady, is she not?
But, I suppose she was out for a walk with some Libyans one night, helping them tote their crew-served heavy weapons, when she saw an anti-IRS video. This caused her to defy all common sense and start acting as if she had something to hide, just to piss off the taxpayers who obviously don't think much of her or the IRS.
Are you following me on this? I need to make up a narrative that the average Democrat will swallow without too much trouble. It's the "Susan Rice" formula for telling lies. You know, the method that was explained to her in the email one of Obama's pals sent to her before her Sunday morning lie-fest?
You truly are a simpleton.(But all Democrats are.) So you think Lois Lerner has nothing to hide? Well, then let's all go home and quit looking for the 2 years worth of emails she accidentally erased! She's as pure as the drive snow, cause a kool-aid drinking liberal moron like you says so.
If right wing conspiracy won't fly

Plead the 5th with a tear and a cry

If that doesn't work,

Call conservatives jerks

And continue to lie and deny

Spokane, WA

#1152231 Jun 17, 2014
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
There's nothing we can do about under water volcanic activity duhmbo..it's gonna heat the oceans no matter how much you snivel and whine about it.
Put tax dollars to work WISELY rather than WASTEFULLY (solar fried fanaTic) and if that concept is too far beyond your comprehensive level-
Start chucking ice in the hot spots, and batton down the coastlines and pretend you doing something to save the world or quit your sniveling about what we can NOT control, and deal with it.. like a rational adult w/a clue--rather than an empty headed treehugger, for a change.
Just stop destroying this nation w/abysmal freaky foolishness!!!!!!!!!!
"TheIndependentMajority "
You have to understand that over the past few thousand years the temperature ranges never changed. They were static. The changes would never have happened if not for man.
I will tell you one thing the temperature at least in the US would go down if our boy president nobama would stop spewing hot air.
Peace
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1152232 Jun 17, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
horseshit....Lerner was a career Civil Service employee......with strong DemoKKKrat sympathies....
so you say. but you do lot of that. just say shit and never even try to back it up. it's like you think everyone is on the right wing chain email list.

Spokane, WA

#1152233 Jun 17, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, just as suspected it's dumbo Waxballs...
God you are dense.That 47 today would be worth more than you and your welfare Caddilac.
"poop"
What is a "Caddilac"?
Just curious.
Peace
KMA
GPUAR
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1152234 Jun 17, 2014
buzzy benny wrote:
<quoted text>
Deep subject. So you are saying that Lois Lerner took the fifth amendment for no damn reason at all? She just likes to make Obama look like a criminal who conspired to use the IRS as an arm of the Democrat Party?
She is one strange lady, is she not?
But, I suppose she was out for a walk with some Libyans one night, helping them tote their crew-served heavy weapons, when she saw an anti-IRS video. This caused her to defy all common sense and start acting as if she had something to hide, just to piss off the taxpayers who obviously don't think much of her or the IRS.
Are you following me on this? I need to make up a narrative that the average Democrat will swallow without too much trouble. It's the "Susan Rice" formula for telling lies. You know, the method that was explained to her in the email one of Obama's pals sent to her before her Sunday morning lie-fest?
You truly are a simpleton.(But all Democrats are.) So you think Lois Lerner has nothing to hide? Well, then let's all go home and quit looking for the 2 years worth of emails she accidentally erased! She's as pure as the drive snow, cause a kool-aid drinking liberal moron like you says so.
Caddell, Limbaugh: GOP Establishment Happy IRS Targeting Tea Party

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/caddell-limb...

morons they may be, but kool-aid drinking liberals they aren't. so....

she was just following orders from her GOP establishment leaders. we all know how much they hate the tea party nutjobs, so it makes perfect sense to me.
Eleanor Beaver

United States

#1152235 Jun 17, 2014
Lois Lerner and the Barack H Obama Foundation

According to Ken Boehm, chairman of the National Legal and Policy Center:“The Obama Foundation raised money on its web page by falsely claiming to be a tax deductible. This bogus charity ... had not even applied and yet subsequently got retroactive tax-deductible status.” Boehm described Abon'go Malik Obama’s attempt to raise money under the nonprofit banner as “common law fraud and potentially even federal mail fraud.”

Lois Lerner, the senior official who headed the IRS's tax-exempt organizations office, signed paperwork granting tax-exempt status to BHOF. This promptness represented a stark contrast to the experience of many conservative organizations that, beginning in 2010, had been intentionally forced (by Lerner's office) to wait more than three years, in some cases, for approval.

Moreover, Lerner broke with the norms of tax-exemption approval by making BHOF's tax-exempt status retroactive to December 2008.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1152236 Jun 17, 2014
Reid Blasts 'Pathetic' GOP Reactions To Benghazi Suspect Capture

"It doesn't matter what your ideology is, you should feel good about this. There’s no conspiracy here, this is actual news. But the reaction of some of the Republicans, I’ve been told, is to downplay and insult the brave men and women of our special forces and the FBI. They’re trying to say, oh, it’s no big deal. I wonder if the men and women who captured the terrorist agree. But the Republicans said it's no big deal. Even in these days of polarization, created by the obstruction, the delay, and diversion of the Republicans, even in these days of polarization, their reaction is shocking and disgusting. They’re so obsessed with criticism, criticizing anything President Obama does. They’ll go so far as to sit here and insult the men and women in uniform and in law enforcement. They should stop and think, just for a little bit, about what it’s like to put your life on the line and to do something for our country -- that’s what they did. They’re insulting these good men and women who did some courageous things, heroic things, in order to criticize President Obama. I think they’ve lost touch with reality; it’s really pathetic, there’s no other word for it."

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/harry-r...
TPRTY

United States

#1152237 Jun 17, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
What's your point???
That you even need to ask goes a long way in highlighting your abject stupidity.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1152238 Jun 17, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"bipartanass"
Turn about is fair play. Liberal loons like you give the boy president nobama a pass and blame it on Bush. Some on the other side point to the blunders of lbj. But based on the stoopidity you offer you will blame Nam on Bush and claim the the boy president saved us from his blunder.
Peace
KMA
GPUAR
Hey moron since you like to point out things....Do you stutter when you post" the-the", You are a frigging idiot and you cannot run from it...You lie like hell when you say you graduated from Montana State. I doubt that you ever finished High School. Some of your posts show the mentality of a 9 year old, and that's giving you the benefit of the doubt. You ran like a raped rat when I started asking you questions about your alleged PRC operator in the military, you are a coward with a capital "C". Lowlife. I'll guarantee there is no one on here that actually thinks you are educated....Other than a couple baggers.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1152239 Jun 17, 2014
Groups Targeted by I.R.S. Tested Rules on Politics

When CVFC, a conservative veterans’ group in California, applied for tax-exempt status with the Internal Revenue Service, its biggest expenditure that year was several thousand dollars in radio ads backing a Republican candidate for Congress.

The Wetumpka Tea Party, from Alabama, sponsored training for a get-out-the-vote initiative dedicated to the “defeat of President Barack Obama” while the I.R.S. was weighing its application.

And the head of the Ohio Liberty Coalition, whose application languished with the I.R.S. for more than two years, sent out e-mails to members about Mitt Romney campaign events and organized members to distribute Mr. Romney’s presidential campaign literature.

Representatives of these organizations have cried foul in recent weeks about their treatment by the I.R.S., saying they were among dozens of conservative groups unfairly targeted by the agency, harassed with inappropriate questionnaires and put off for months or years as the agency delayed decisions on their applications.

But a close examination of these groups and others reveals an array of election activities that tax experts and former I.R.S. officials said would provide a legitimate basis for flagging them for closer review.

“Money is not the only thing that matters,” said Donald B. Tobin, a former lawyer with the Justice Department’s tax division who is a law professor at Ohio State University.“While some of the I.R.S. questions may have been overbroad, you can look at some of these groups and understand why these questions were being asked.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/27/us/politics...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1152240 Jun 17, 2014
Yet Another Tea Party Group Falls On Its Face Over McDaniel Campaign

Look at it this way: compared to arrests and law enforcement investigations, questions about campaign finance issues might qualify as good news for Mississippi Senate challenger Chris McDaniel.

National Journal has called attention to a pro-McDaniel email sent out Thursday morning by the California-based Tea Party Express. Read carefully.

"We just got off the phone with the McDaniel campaign and they need our help!" Tea Party Express chief strategist Sal Russo wrote in an email to supporters, which also came with a fundraising pitch. "The Tea Party Express is going all in and heading down to Mississippi to ensure a conservative victory. Will you support us and make victory possible?"

What's the issue? As National Journal points out, the Tea Party Express is an independent group, and is legally barred from coordinating strategy or spending with McDaniel and his campaign.

"That would seem to be pretty clear coordination," Sheila Krumholz, the executive director of the Center for Responsive Politics, told National Journal is reference to the Russo email. "I would think this would raise the red flag for enforcement folks at the Federal Election Commission."

Whoops.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/muckraker/tea-pa...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1152241 Jun 17, 2014
The Tea Party Grift: PAC's Collect Money Without Spending It On Candidates

It appears the tea party leaders and their PAC's are grifting their rubes out of a lot of money. Who would have thunk it?

http://crooksandliars.com/2014/04/tea-party-g...
Patrick

United States

#1152242 Jun 17, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
so you say. but you do lot of that. just say shit and never even try to back it up. it's like you think everyone is on the right wing chain email list.
Good news and GOP silent
President Obama warned terrorists around the world on Tuesday that those who do harm to Americans will be brought to justice “regardless of how long it takes.”

Less than two hours after the Pentagon announced the capture of one of the alleged masterminds of 2012 attack on the U.S. diplomatic compound in Benghazi, Libya, Obama said that the news should “send a message to the world” about what happens to those who perpetrate acts of terror.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1152243 Jun 17, 2014
TPRTY wrote:
<quoted text>
That you even need to ask goes a long way in highlighting your abject stupidity.
Soo an idiot like you wants us to bore into every tree to see if it is rotten? I'm sure any tree that is rotten and poses a danger will and can be removed..You are a fanatical moron and you seemed determined to prove that daily. But what's one more crazed bagger?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1152244 Jun 17, 2014
losing emails kept Bush from being impeached.

so what's the problem?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr Babock 318,328
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 7 hr Trojan 34,441
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 10 hr Wisdom of Ages 11,652
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Sep 30 Frankie Rizzo 201,871
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Sep 29 Alice Meng 13
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Sep 20 The pope 258,482
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Sep '17 Love 292
More from around the web