Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1779850 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

#1151890 Jun 17, 2014
flack wrote:
THE ECONOMY
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce says: The plan will cost the economy more than $50 billion per year.
The administration says: By 2030, the rules will have an annual cost of up to $8.8 billion, but that cost will be far offset by annual climate and health benefits of up to $93 billion.
The reality: We won't know until states decide how to meet their targets. Some states rely more heavily on coal, so different regions will be affected in different ways. Still, it's a safe bet that companies that produce natural gas, solar panels or renewable technologies will get a boost, while coal will take a hit.
To calculate health care savings, the administration uses a somewhat morbid formula that puts a dollar amount on ailments averted -- everything from heart attacks to bronchitis and asthma. It's an inexact science, and there are plenty of caveats.
JOBS
The conservative Heritage Foundation says: "Nearly 600,000 jobs would be lost."
The United Mine Workers of America says: "We estimate that the total impact will be about 485,000 permanent jobs lost."
The Environmental Protection Agency says: The rules could cost close to 80,000 jobs by 2030 at power plants and fossil fuel companies, but could create about 111,000 jobs in energy efficiency.
The reality: It's tough to tell. Not every coal miner who loses a job will find work installing solar panels and windmills. On the other hand, the low cost of natural gas has already prompted a shift away from coal, meaning some of those jobs will disappear with or without new pollution limits.
PUBLIC HEALTH
The EPA says: Up to 6,600 premature deaths, 150,000 asthma attacks in children and close to half a million sick days will be averted.
The American Lung Association says: "Cleaning up carbon pollution from power plants will save lives and have an immediate, positive impact on public health."
The coal industry says: "The White House continues to perpetuate the nonexistent linkage between EPA's new carbon regulations and public health." -- American Coalition for Clean Coal Electricity
The reality: Even the EPA says that the quantitative health benefits of the new rule are "illustrative examples." It's true that carbon dioxide emissions aren't directly linked to health problems like asthma. But because the rule will decrease the amount of electricity made from burning coal, it will help reduce other pollutants that coal-fired power plants release. Those pollutants create smog and soot, which do cause health problems.
Critics contend the administration is "double counting" those benefits.
Lets listen to the Chamber of Commerce.

And I have news, as coal burning plants are shut down or switched to natural gas, the sulfur, mercury & particulates emissions are also reduced. You people are dumber than sh*t.

But hey, anyone who refuses the science is already dumber than sh*t.

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

#1151891 Jun 17, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
every American has the IRS involved with their medical care, whether they like it or not.....
Anyone who thinks the IRS is involved with their health care is a f*cking idiot.
TheIndependentMa jority

Newark, OH

#1151892 Jun 17, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, I know.
Just like your wmd's that still can't be found.
Besides, who says it is a policy failure?
Really...it's not like this admin has adhered to any actual existing policies, or even the Constitution...with the breach after breach of such.

"It awrl a vid-ee-yo's fault" was actually moreso just an outright LIE. Or a reallllly transparent view of the actual INCOMPENTANCY level of those spewing the garbage.

And a Disgusting one at that.

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

#1151893 Jun 17, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
you DemoKKKrats are obviously scared that Benghazi will sink the old lady and leave you with Plugs Biden as your only candidate......
Benghazi will only platy with the rabid right. It won't do squat for any other group other than make Republicans look even more pathetic.
TheIndependentMa jority

Newark, OH

#1151894 Jun 17, 2014
angel wrote:
<quoted text>Teabaggers will never tire of humping that dead and putrifying corpse.
To stupid to realize how utterly unseemly their trnasparent eagerness to exploit the Benghazi victims for political gain is to everyone else outside their dim little echo chamber .
Of course self knowledge isnt one of the Right's strong points.
They just cant understand why they cant transform bullshit into reality for the rest of us ,I mean its EASY with their morally and mentally challenged Base,
Morally bankrupt and severely mentally challenged is-

"It awel a vid-ee-yos fault"

Lying sacks of dirtbags.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1151895 Jun 17, 2014
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny you make no point but make prolific usage of pejoratives and ad hominems. Kinda like a 10 year old with turrets running around the playground.
And exactly how does one communicate with neanderthals on the right any other way????? So in your infinite wisdom you exclude what initiated the back and forth?? I address others as the address me, one is not likely to find a bagger on here that even attempts to make sense...Perhaps you would be so kind as to point one out?
TheIndependentMa jority

Newark, OH

#1151896 Jun 17, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Anyone who thinks the IRS is involved with their health care is a f*cking idiot.
You've never had to itemize then have you..MORON.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1151897 Jun 17, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
you can't prove a damn thing about your service or lack thereof.....
nor can your buddy Realslime.....
so talk facts and not your phony claims of personal experience.....
Grey Ghost has been busted several times for embellishing & boasting. After all, he is a leftwing loon and lying to them is permissible.

For example, about three people here remember he claimed he was going on a "glorious" East Coast vacation about two years ago, yet he is still in Bumpass, VA. He denies ever saying that.

Grey Ghost also has a serial sockpuppet problem. The best was when he posted as Wilhelm from Germany when he started using his VPN service. He denied it at the time, but now admits that one.

The old moron is nothing more than a dishonest hater and an imp who makes big claims.

He is a typical frustrated angry liberal who has seen other be more successful than him and now he is just an angry, nasty old Democrat.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1151898 Jun 17, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Face it loser, what really bothers a moron like you the fact that you are a born loser and have little if anything that would place you in a favorable light as a real man. I have busted 4-5 of you pretenders on here, I couldn't care less about idiots like you or what you think, but I do love pointing out your misery and worthlessness, you especially since you seem to never have a good day, one can only imagine the filth that you reside in. Because it's way beyond obvious that no self respecting woman would ever come near a dirt bag like you.
Got hate, liar?
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1151899 Jun 17, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
And sex between priests and children is contrary to Christian beliefs. Homosexuality is contrary to Christian beliefs. Divorce is contrary to Christian beliefs. Lying is contrary to Christian beliefs.
Where in the Hell do you park your head at night? Under the pigeon perch?
Climb down from your Allah mole hill, jerk.
Thank you for unwittingly making my point moron. Christians as a whole didn't condone clerical abuses of children, they widely condemned it.
Jesus never said one word about homosexuality. That condemnation comes from the Old Testament along with the prohibition against eating shellfish and wearing garments made from two different materials. Some Christian denominations like the Southern Baptists condemn homosexuality while some like the UCC and Episcopalians are more open with the majority somewhere in the middle.
Divorce? Gee you'd have to talk to Newt Gingrich about that. When Jesus spoke out against divorce it was a one sided affair. Men could divorce their wives since they were their property but women couldn't. Most Christians today recognize the reality that sometimes marriages fail and that ending them is the only option and that it shouldn't be an impediment to a new relationship. By the way divorces are more prevalent in conservative more religious states like Mississippi and Alabama than in liberal and less religious states like Massachusetts or Connecticut. Go figure.
Lying? Tell that to Bush who lied about WMD to get us into Iraq or Romney and Ryan who turned campaign mendacity into an art form. However if your wife asks you if her dress makes her look fat you'd better be prepared to say "no dear" even if it does.
So Christians are not monolithic in their beliefs and neither are Muslims and to condemn a whole belief due to isolated practices which aren't even part of the belief structure is pretty damned stupid.
Like you.
TheIndependentMa jority

Newark, OH

#1151900 Jun 17, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets listen to the Chamber of Commerce.
And I have news, as coal burning plants are shut down or switched to natural gas, the sulfur, mercury & particulates emissions are also reduced. You people are dumber than sh*t.
But hey, anyone who refuses the science is already dumber than sh*t.
Two years... five months and counting down the days till November 2016!

Being as we live in a civilized American DEMOCRACY.

Then thanks to same said DEMOCRACY-to the political garbage bins on the curbs with the divide, drain and whine against America occupy anyone elses anything losers.

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

#1151901 Jun 17, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, the evil, mastermind Cheney, sitting in the VP's office, pulling the strings, secretly running the show.
, can we see one iota of evidence yur idiotic claim is true?
dick Cheney ran over to the CIA every day asking if they had proof of anything to justify an invasion.

The idea you do not know this is proof of your ignorance.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1151902 Jun 17, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
For what Galt? Mounting an active resistance to foreign troops invading his country?
You're an idiot Galt; you always have been and always will be!
Who's the idiot?

Sixty two percent acceptance rate?

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1151903 Jun 17, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
And exactly how does one communicate with neanderthals on the right any other way????? So in your infinite wisdom you exclude what initiated the back and forth?? I address others as the address me, one is not likely to find a bagger on here that even attempts to make sense...Perhaps you would be so kind as to point one out?
ghost, the moron who makes a claim, then can't back it up! Talk about looking stupid and working hard to prove it, that's ghost you dumbass...

Yet another cowardass liberal running backwards you idiot..

It's the culture...

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

#1151904 Jun 17, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
Yur a blathering buffoon, ignorant of history, if you believe Saddam wouldn't have moved heaven and earth to go nuclear.
So now you justify the killing of 4500 soldiers because a leader wanted to go nuclear? There were no nukes. no nuclear weapon program. Bush lied.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1151905 Jun 17, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Got hate, liar?
Lookie it's the forum crybaby. What triggered your response was it the word moron? I'll bet you automatically thought someone was talking about you, huh Moron.
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1151906 Jun 17, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for unwittingly making my point moron. Christians as a whole didn't condone clerical abuses of children, they widely condemned it.
Jesus never said one word about homosexuality. That condemnation comes from the Old Testament along with the prohibition against eating shellfish and wearing garments made from two different materials. Some Christian denominations like the Southern Baptists condemn homosexuality while some like the UCC and Episcopalians are more open with the majority somewhere in the middle.
Divorce? Gee you'd have to talk to Newt Gingrich about that. When Jesus spoke out against divorce it was a one sided affair. Men could divorce their wives since they were their property but women couldn't. Most Christians today recognize the reality that sometimes marriages fail and that ending them is the only option and that it shouldn't be an impediment to a new relationship. By the way divorces are more prevalent in conservative more religious states like Mississippi and Alabama than in liberal and less religious states like Massachusetts or Connecticut. Go figure.
Lying? Tell that to Bush who lied about WMD to get us into Iraq or Romney and Ryan who turned campaign mendacity into an art form. However if your wife asks you if her dress makes her look fat you'd better be prepared to say "no dear" even if it does.
So Christians are not monolithic in their beliefs and neither are Muslims and to condemn a whole belief due to isolated practices which aren't even part of the belief structure is pretty damned stupid.
Like you.
Your shit-stained sheet is showing Dumbass Dave...

It's the culture...
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1151907 Jun 17, 2014
Here goes the commie Democrat Lap Dog again! Lying as usual.
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Benghazi will only platy with the rabid right. It won't do squat for any other group other than make Republicans look even more pathetic.
"CNN Poll: Majority Doesn't Trust Obama, Approval Rating Suffers Severe Drop"

President Barack Obama’s approval rating dropped a shocking 8 percentage points over the last month -- one of sharpest, fastest plunges in his presidency, according to a new CNN poll released early Monday morning.

---> The president also dropped 10 points among independent voters, from 47 percent last month to 37 percent. <---

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/cnn-poll-oba...

CNN Poll, liar...
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1151908 Jun 17, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Who's the idiot?
Sixty two percent acceptance rate?
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!
Are you still bragging about your IQ? 62 ?
LOL

United States

#1151909 Jun 17, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
And exactly how does one communicate with neanderthals on the right any other way????? So in your infinite wisdom you exclude what initiated the back and forth?? I address others as the address me, one is not likely to find a bagger on here that even attempts to make sense...Perhaps you would be so kind as to point one out?
Nope you attack anyone you don't agree with period. Remember the name calling "teabaggers", "right-wingers", "stupid, ignorant republicans", "bushies".....list is long buddy boy.

I personally find your phony outrage funny so fire away and tell your 'tranny' friend hi.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 27 min June VanDerMark 345,632
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 21 hr Trojan 36,079
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Jun 10 hojo 12,419
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jun 5 Public Accommodation 201,480
do you need a loan (Sep '13) May 30 zan 5
News Carlisle's Fitzgerald signs to play at Norfolk ... May '18 Go phartse 4
News PBA: Columbian parades new import vs Aces May '18 AndPhartse 2