Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1508061 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1148671 Jun 9, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Bull crap moron, College graduates have invested time and money in their education and they have the right to reject speakers that are contrary to their values.
There haven't been any anti ROTC protests since the Vietnam War stupid.
Parents can send their kids to any school they want to; they just can't have taxpayers footing the bill for religious education.
You right wingers on the other hand want to tell people who they're allowed to marry, want to deny women control over their own bodies and in the case of Ken Cuccinelli what kind of sex they can have in the privacy of their own bedrooms.
You're an idiot; you always have been and always will be!
"pdumb"
A very small minority if students protested who the speaker would be. They had every right to protest, but, the vast majority of students had no problem with the speakers chosen. Of course in your case you are in favor of restricting peace. You only want to hear folks who agree with you.
I will point out some lies and or misconceptions in the manure you so poorly attempt to spew;
- I could care less that you are married to one of your sex
- While I oppose abortion/murder the law courts say it is okay
- If you prefer kookie sex more power to you, it is your right
"peace
KMA
GPUAR
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#1148672 Jun 9, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>It would be a valid point if the Triple Crown was a new thing and without a history.
Chrome had a good inside starting slot and perfect weather__maybe the jockey should have stayed inside. The Belmont is just too much track for some horses.
Chromes owner is a crybaby. You'll never see him again in Kentucky or Maryland or NY.
It is still a VALID point.

Having watched the Triple Crown for thirty plus years---the consistent contenders that partake in ALL three races have lessened-A LOT, especially over recent years.

It has NOT always been like that.

Yes the Belmont is the track that tells, it always has been. Having been a Cali Chrome doubter to start with, already seeing there was obviously no Secretariat in the line ups for this years TC... I was impressed with Cali Chromes Preakness win...and the show of REAL championship and sportsmanship HEART.
I was UNimpressed however, by the LACK of participation of other consistent potential talent following the Derby.

It ought to be a prereq---Derby or Preakness, before the Belmont.

Opinion.
Because if showing up and participating in one or the other preliminary races of Triple Crown, post Belmont, is "too much to expect"...then the Belmont should be OFF LIMITS.

Just like ANY other sport--you don't show up for the PRACTICE rounds, or sit out games you don't "feel like playing"-you DON'T PLAY.

ETHICS.

Bring some back to the fine sport of horse racing!
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#1148673 Jun 9, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yet the EPA and the FDA have actually done useful things for our society.
very useful things it is far cheaper to prevent pollution than to clean it up later...
do you want your food and drugs untested or uninspected?
try to think then post, if you can't do the first, skip the second.
The FDA SLACKS too much these days...while the EPA thrives on the posionous barbs of poliTICS.

ETHICS.

“Stop Child Slavery”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1148674 Jun 9, 2014
GOPidiots wrote:
<quoted text>
What a hypocrite.
You rightwhiners can sure dish out the shit, but you can't take it when the shit's turned back on you.
You are such a whiner. How dare I respond to a group of hecklers--is you complaint. Well, I did--get over it!

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1148675 Jun 9, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
When did RoxLo call NAZI white supremacists patriots. Please be specific.
Nice try. She specifically supported those who went to Bundy's ranch. thses creeps are among the nitwits who turn out to anti-Gov't displays like this.

She, and many of the right wing nitwits here, all supported this type of 'stand up to the wicked BLM' behavior.

for you to attempt to get cute about it is expected.

But your side can't walk away from this sort of extremism. Now you attempt to disown it.

Too late for that. Your side owns it. You specifically, with the name Teaman. The Gadsden flag is your symbol. What did they leave at the murder scene??

No running from the extremism the teabaggers have created and encouraged.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#1148676 Jun 9, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree and thought it was a good thing when the owner apologized.
Ghost should be apologizing too then.

SHAME on your one trick twinkletoes Ghost!

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1148677 Jun 9, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Your reality is a never ending circus.
It's a proven fact that big city slums are almost 100% Democrat. They vote that way every election, rain or shine, dead or alive.
and entire counties and parts of some states are trailer trash republican strongholds..

again reality is fun!!!

Location hidden

#1148678 Jun 9, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree and thought it was a good thing when the owner apologized.
If he had made the comments before the Belmont, it would have been different. He has a point, but there's history to consider.

Him saying it after the race made him look the crybaby. He apologized, but the damage was done.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1148679 Jun 9, 2014
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
The FDA SLACKS too much these days...while the EPA thrives on the posionous barbs of poliTICS.
ETHICS.
so nothing to back up your idiocy as usual....

Location hidden

#1148680 Jun 9, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are such a whiner. How dare I respond to a group of hecklers--is you complaint. Well, I did--get over it!
Csalling you out makes him a whiner?? In Lowblow's warped world.

Funny how you made a big deal of Condi Rice getting dropped as Rutgers speaker, as if only progressives do such things. You as much as said so.

Then when it's pointed out that all Red States have passed laws outlawing same sex marriage, and all these laws are being declared UNCONSTITUTIONAL, you say it's something that happens to both sides. But you can't provide examples of this.

It's fun to watch you try to duck issues. Really takes you off your usual belligerent behavior.

Spokane, WA

#1148681 Jun 9, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
Billionaire who confessed to sexually assaulting teen stepdaughter gets four-month sentence
Johnson and his legal team have fought the felony charges for nearly three years in a case that has gone to the state Supreme Court twice. Because Johnson’s victim and her mother were unwilling to testify in the case, the prosecutors ultimately had to fall back on a plea deal with Johnson.
Assistant District Attorney Robert Repischak asked the judge to apply the maximum sentence for the drastically reduced charges. Johnson’s attorney, Michael F. Hart argued that maximum prison terms should be reserved for “maximum defendants,” people unlike his client, who has no prior record and who leads a “productive life.”
Gasiorkiewicz said he found the state’s request “troubling” in that he has never seen a first-time offender receive the maximum sentence for his crimes. He sentenced Johnson to four months in jail and a fine of $6,000.
Felony charges would have resulted in a prison sentence of up to 40 years. The judge ruled that he must serve at least 60 days of the sentence before he will be eligible for release.
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/06/07/billion...
(so he paid them off; what will happen when he rapes another child?)
"silly"
Darn I agree with you. The judge should be removed and the perpetrator, Johnson, should have received a harsh sentence, many years of hard time. I would bet that Johnson probably
has other similar incidents in his history.
Peace
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1148682 Jun 9, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"pdumb"
A very small minority if students protested who the speaker would be. They had every right to protest, but, the vast majority of students had no problem with the speakers chosen. Of course in your case you are in favor of restricting peace. You only want to hear folks who agree with you.
I will point out some lies and or misconceptions in the manure you so poorly attempt to spew;
- I could care less that you are married to one of your sex
- While I oppose abortion/murder the law courts say it is okay
- If you prefer kookie sex more power to you, it is your right
"peace
KMA
GPUAR
Talk about batshit crazy, old Eed never had very much to lose, but with little to no effort he managed to lose that one remaining brain cell...What a friggin perverted dope.

“Stop Child Slavery”

Location hidden

#1148683 Jun 9, 2014
GOPidiots wrote:
<quoted text>
Who just happened to feel comfortable in the Tea Party and the Bundy militia movenent.
Our responses to the Bundy incident was to crazy USAsince who kept posting that the government should shoot the protestors.

Yep, your side can get very irrational. You cannot shoot someone for protesting or for open carrying in a state that permits such.

The posters here are an embarrassment to the Progressive movements.

Until you can prove the Tea Party promotes cop killing really it is STFU time.

“Stop Child Slavery”

Location hidden

#1148684 Jun 9, 2014
<quoted text>
Ghost should be apologizing too then.
SHAME on your one trick twinkletoes Ghost!
I don't know as I have not followed the conversations that closely.

“Amor patriae.”

Eastern Oregon

#1148685 Jun 9, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>and entire counties and parts of some states are trailer trash republican strongholds..
again reality is fun!!!
Shit dude, pull the weeds, tow off the wrecks, put some skirting on that eye-sore. It'll raise your spirits, if nothing else.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1148686 Jun 9, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Waxman with more lies about make believe kids.
did your boyfriend have these kids?? ROFLMAO
Do they drive the Rambler??
A freak like you can't procreate, loser. It would require a woman.
That's a strange world old waxballs lives in. I had to laugh when I read that post. He still tries even when no one with an IQ over 50 believes anything that looney bird says.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#1148687 Jun 9, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>so nothing to back up your idiocy as usual....
What, you want a list?

Don't even go THERE.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1148688 Jun 9, 2014
<quoted text>
It is still a VALID point.
Having watched the Triple Crown for thirty plus years---the consistent contenders that partake in ALL three races have lessened-A LOT, especially over recent years.
It has NOT always been like that.
Yes the Belmont is the track that tells, it always has been. Having been a Cali Chrome doubter to start with, already seeing there was obviously no Secretariat in the line ups for this years TC... I was impressed with Cali Chromes Preakness win...and the show of REAL championship and sportsmanship HEART.
I was UNimpressed however, by the LACK of participation of other consistent potential talent following the Derby.
It ought to be a prereq---Derby or Preakness, before the Belmont.
Opinion.
Because if showing up and participating in one or the other preliminary races of Triple Crown, post Belmont, is "too much to expect"...then the Belmont should be OFF LIMITS.
Just like ANY other sport--you don't show up for the PRACTICE rounds, or sit out games you don't "feel like playing"-you DON'T PLAY.
ETHICS.
Bring some back to the fine sport of horse racing!
horse racing is just hurting its own business, which is close to non-existent except for the Triple Crown....so let them......

next year the Miami Heat should get a bye to the NBA finals so they can be fresh and not cramp in the heat....
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#1148689 Jun 9, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know as I have not followed the conversations that closely.
Well let's just say then- I hope the nice PP home court horse is all the way WELL and will remain so.

“Amor patriae.”

Eastern Oregon

#1148690 Jun 9, 2014
Loretta Lopez wrote:
<quoted text>It all depends on the culture. Poor immigrants from some countries are interested in their children's education as are some poor black and Hispanics. These are the parents who attend conferences, check homework, get their kids to school on time all the time. They want to get their kids out of the violent schools. And if schools aren't violent enough in most inner cities run by Dems, you have Eric Holder complaining that the violent students are suspended more because of race.
Then you have the career baby mama's whose culture is to breed but not raise their children, and who are encouraged by the Democrats to keep having children.
Was just reading about New York City, now taken over by liberal progressive Democrats since DeBlasio was elected. They are busy undoing ALL the welfare reform enacted by Guiliani and Bloomberg.
Its the culture and the Democrats encourage that culture. The rest of us get to fund it.
A kindergarten teacher in Detroit asked her class what sound a pig makes. Tyrone stood up and yelled "Freeze Muthafucka!!" That's culture for you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 43 min YeahPhart 32,814
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 6 hr silly rabbit 313,638
News Western Michigan heads to Illinois as a favorite (Sep '16) Mar 16 MakePhartce 105
News North Carolina Governor Who Signed Bathroom Bil... Mar 15 Bath phart 2
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Mar 14 superwilly 258,490
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Mar 14 Into The Night 11,123
NCAA Basketball Tournament Feb 27 needhelp01 1
More from around the web