Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1762527 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1145964 Jun 4, 2014
BocAA wrote:
<quoted text> I'd ask Obama for the directions to Rev. Wright's church, but he's forgotten how to get there and what was said there, after 20 years in attendance, so what good would it do? And besides, all the chickens have already come home to roost.
I suspect an idiot like you would need direction to boil water.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1145965 Jun 4, 2014
Adios Dios wrote:
<quoted text>
My love... it is I... <kiss> There is a crime underway - not the one you're thinking of - and one of my client's homes is under siege from THE COPPER STRIPPERS!!! I must sally forth for several hours to discuss the matter with the local constabulary in the adjacent state. I will submit my homework tonight by MIDNIGHT or my name isn't O.J..
Looking forward to it.(Just keep in mind my " delicate sensibilities" ):0)

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#1145968 Jun 4, 2014
Norfolk

Flooding Awareness & Mitigation
Flood Awareness
Like any other low lying coastal area, Norfolk's elevation and its proximity to the Chesapeake Bay and several rivers make it susceptible to flooding. Nearly every year, and sometimes several times throughout the year during periods of heavy rain, hurricanes or nor'easter storms, residential and commercial properties are threatened with the potential of precipitation, tidal and/or wind-driven flooding and/or low-land flooding, particularly in neighborhoods around Norfolk's many waterways.

Common Flooding Types and Definitions

Precipitation Flooding - Occurs when rain intensity exceeds capacity of our storm drain systems due to blockages or naturally depressed elevations.
Storm Flooding - Is caused by storm surges resulting from events such as hurricanes and nor'easters and is directly related to land elevation and proximity to coastline. High tides magnify this storm damage.
Tidal Flooding - Is caused by tidal variations and is directly related to land elevation and proximity to coastline. Tidal flooding may occur on a regular basis due to normal moon cycles and is exacerbated by wind speeds and directions, sea level rise, and other types of flooding.
Flood Mitigation
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1145969 Jun 4, 2014
nothing to see here...

'Great reporting from @JenGriffinFNC - new report: Berghdal left behind a note renouncing American citizenship...developing...'

https://twitter.com/Jennafnc/status/473852493...

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1145970 Jun 4, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Geez.
You really are that dumb.....
It's scary to think of idiots like you in positions of power....
Her hatred keeps her from thinking logically.

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

#1145971 Jun 4, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact really is that SCOTUS found it unconstitutional.
Who brought the case to the SC?
BocAA

Palm Coast, FL

#1145972 Jun 4, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Lunchtime at the asylum. Moran alert.
Enjoy your lunch then...the whole bottle of it.

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1145973 Jun 4, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Muslim God is the same god that is in the Bible. I would suggest you educate yourself.
Pffft, get a clue about what the various religions believe before you try to pretend to be a theology expert
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1145974 Jun 4, 2014
Legalize it....
Don't criticize it....

"Denver man accused of killing wife after eating marijuana candy formally charged with murder"

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-ne...

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Location hidden

#1145975 Jun 4, 2014
*their

OOPS
GayGhostsmama

Palm Coast, FL

#1145976 Jun 4, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
I suspect an idiot like you would need direction to boil water.
You need directions to boil lily's water, Honey? Everyone else knows she takes it straight.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1145977 Jun 4, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Another fragile Obama snowflake who is too clueless to search ABC poll
Just what I thought. Can't provide a link. LMAO
Homer

Stroudsburg, PA

#1145978 Jun 4, 2014
flack wrote:
History of Norfolk
Historic NorfolkNorfolk was established in August 1682 after a 1680 British Act ordered the establishment of a port town of 50 acres in each Virginia county. The “Towne of Lower Norfolk County” was bounded on the east, west and south by the Elizabeth River; and on the north by what is now City Hall Avenue. Norfolk was granted Borough status in 1736. It grew steadily and had a population of 6,000 by the eve of the American Revolution (1775).
On January 1, 1776, British forces bombarded Norfolk from ships anchored off shore. Patriot factions completed the destruction so the British could not house their army here. Only the walls of the Borough Church – today’s St. Paul’s Episcopal – remained standing. But citizens returned and began to rebuild. By 1800, Norfolk’s population numbered 7,000 and Norfolk was the eighth largest town in America.
The 1807 attack on the USS frigate Chesapeake by the HMS Leopard offshore was a contributing factor in President Thomas Jefferson’s decision to ask Congress to declare war on Great Britain, the War of 1812. The ensuing British Navigation Acts and Jefferson’s Embargo Act closed the port and all but crippled the local economy. There was a gradual return to prosperity, leading to Norfolk’s incorporation as a city in 1845.
In 1855, one-third of Norfolk’s resident population died during a yellow fever epidemic. Just seven years later, one of the most famous naval battles in history was played out within view of the city by the first two ironclad battleships – the USS Monitor and CSS Virginia (formerly the USS Merrimac). Two months later, in May 1862, Norfolk was surrendered to Union forces and was under Federal occupation for the remainder of the Civil War.
The world came to Norfolk in 1907 when the Jamestown Exposition, commemorating the 300th anniversary of the first permanent English settlement in America, was held at Sewell’s Point. In 1917 the Exposition grounds became home to the US Naval Operating Base, today’s Naval Station Norfolk. Two World Wars more than doubled the city’s population and a series of annexations ending in 1959 brought Norfolk to her current size.
In recent years revitalization programs have led to changes throughout the city. Our vibrant downtown commercial hub mixes with a menu of cultural offerings, educational opportunities, diverse neighborhoods and a comfortable blend of the old and new. From a tiny town of 50 acres, Norfolk has grown to 61.86 square miles and a population of more than 245,000.
sh*thole
Patrick

Palm Coast, FL

#1145979 Jun 4, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Her hatred keeps her from thinking logically.
lily's like that.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1145980 Jun 4, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Lunchtime at the asylum. Moran alert.
Not sure if his a member of the Bureau of Certified Auto Appraisers (BOCAA) or Alcoholics Anonymous (AA). I'm guessing the latter.

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Location hidden

#1145981 Jun 4, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Who brought the case to the SC?
Groups who thought the Dems were unconstitutionally restricting free speech. They were right.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1145982 Jun 4, 2014
Sailing...takes me away.....

and going for a long walk is not desertion...

'Report: White House Aides Accusing Bergdahl’s Unit Comrades Of ‘Swift Boating’ Him'

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2014/06/04/rep...
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1145983 Jun 4, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
IVY LEAGUE!!!!!!
and Bush was a fighter pilot....
'Harvard grad Chuck Schumer fails history, credits Jefferson for Bill of Rights'
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jun/...
Who did he ever fight????"WAS" would be the operative word here... Until he refused to take a drug test and his wings were taken away, after about a million dollars in tax payers money was wasted. That's you idea of a hero? Then the moron went AWOL and finally DESERTED. Yea boy a real man that Bush was. Now he only has a couple hundred thousand deaths on his bloody hands along with roughly 5 million displaced Iraqis.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1145984 Jun 4, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
What!? No stimulus?
Did these [private] dealerships file for bankruptcy protection on their own? If they were on shaky ground it's up to them.
You like that fascist control, don't ya? LOL
Forrest Gump nailed it with you pal.

GM was circling the toilet bowl__retail customers were staying away from it's dealers in droves, it finance arm was failing as was it's real estate division..
Many GM dealers had become so large that they couldn't get small__I mentioned Bill Heard Enterprises which tubed in 2008 before the bailout. Additionally GM had cancelled Oldsmobile, Pontiac and Saturn.

What your doing is mixing the Chrysler stories up with the GM stories. You're a moron!
Homer

Stroudsburg, PA

#1145985 Jun 4, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Got the link to that poll? Or did you just get your numbers from a rightwing media site?
The poll doesn't exist.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Max Nikias 35,956
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr Susanm 341,275
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) May 19 hojo 12,405
News Carlisle's Fitzgerald signs to play at Norfolk ... May 16 Go phartse 4
News PBA: Columbian parades new import vs Aces May 4 AndPhartse 2
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Apr '18 Into The Night 258,512
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Mar '18 Lonnie Peters 201,480