Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1658340 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1144168 May 31, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Let me help you son....
http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2008/01/1...
"... The legal wrangling only intensified. On November 26, Florida Secretary of State Katherine Harris, who doubled as state campaign cochair for Bush, certified voting results that gave Bush a 537-vote lead. Gore's team won a court hearing to challenge those totals. On December 1, the U.S. Supreme Court heard arguments over whether the Florida Supreme Court had overstepped its authority in managing recount issues. On December 8, Florida's high court upheld the manual recount. The next day, Bush successfully appealed for a stay from the U.S. Supreme Court to stop the recount. Bush's team argued that the Constitution's guarantee of equal protection for all citizens disqualified a manual recount because Florida's counties had followed differing vote-counting procedures. The Gore team demanded that every vote be counted. On December 12, the U.S. Supreme Court, in a 5-to-4 vote, stopped the Florida recount. Though Gore received more popular votes than Bush, he conceded the next day. And the rest, as they say, is history."
Well, thanks for filling me in on all of the Gore-y details...

But since Gore's team won a court hearing to challenge it and the Supreme Court heard all the arguments, it still seems Gore lost by a 5-4 vote upholding the manual recount.

Don't think Bush or Harris were twisting their robed arms.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1144169 May 31, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
For that matter, if you were a Muslim woman living in the Middle East today, you'd have a whole new perspective.
But I regret telling you to shut the hell up. You're just misguided.
So... you want the United States to intervene in muslim countries to 'educate' them on their religion because you don't like it?

Does that about sum it up son?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1144170 May 31, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, thanks for filling me in on all of the Gore-y details...
But since Gore's team won a court hearing to challenge it and the Supreme Court heard all the arguments, it still seems Gore lost by a 5-4 vote upholding the manual recount.
Don't think Bush or Harris were twisting their robed arms.
lol! Psst! Gore is the one who wanted the manual recount son.....

Location hidden

#1144171 May 31, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>But I want you to understand that Christ is the head of every man, and the man is the head of a woman, and God is the head of Christ. Every man who has something on his head while praying or prophesying disgraces his head. But every woman who has her head uncovered while praying or prophesying disgraces her head, for she is one and the same as the woman whose head is shaved. For if a woman does not cover her head, let her also have her hair cut off; but if it is disgraceful for a woman to have her hair cut off or her head shaved, let her cover her head. For a man ought not to have his head covered, since he is the image and glory of God; but the woman is the glory of man. For man does not originate from woman, but woman from man; for indeed man was not created for the woman's sake, but woman for the man's sake. Therefore the woman ought to have a symbol of authority on her head, because of the angels.- 1 Corinthians 11:3-10
The most important thing to take from reading the entire New Testament is God loves us and we can be forgiven. It's about the condition of the heart. Not how long or short the hair.

Back in those days, the length of one's hair might have been part of the culture.

I've always respected men as being the strongest of the two sexes. Don't think too many women would have gone into construction or built skyscrapers or figured out how to build an engine in a car, etc.

So honoring my husband as the head of our household while being treated as his equal partner in life is A-Okay with me. He honors my contributions and strengths as a woman which he doesn't possess too. As most good men do.

Location hidden

#1144172 May 31, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>So... you want the United States to intervene in muslim countries to 'educate' them on their religion because you don't like it?
Does that about sum it up son?
No. What I expect is the entire civilized world to speak out against the atrocities committed against women, children and Christians in the Middle East.

Picture yourself as a pregnant young woman who married the man you loved, a Christian, and are now chained to the floor anticipating 100 lashes before being hanged.

Does that help you understand what's going on?

How about being a young Christian boy and burned alive in a church?

We can't even get our heads around the number of these kinds of atrocities being committed every single day.

Is speaking out against this a problem for you? Or just your liberal doctrine prevents you from doing so?

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#1144173 May 31, 2014
frikking hilarious!!!

V. Stiviano Trashes Black People on Tape (Video)
The Wrap By Tim Kenneally
11 hours ago
Who says that irony is dead?

V. Stiviano, the woman at the center of the scandal surrounding L.A. Clippers owner Donald Sterling — who was banned from the NBA after he was caught on tape making racist comments to Stiviano — has now herself been captured making derogatory comments about black people, TMZ reports.

Also read: Donald Sterling Suing NBA for $1 Billion (Updated)

On the video, posted to TMZ, Stiviano comments,”I don't understand black people. You give them a little bit of money, they don't know what to do with it.”

She goes on to opine that black people “just act crazy … they're like,‘Yo, I wanna put extra rims on top of my rims. And my rims are gonna turn around. I'm gonna call them spinners.'”

Location hidden

#1144174 May 31, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>once again, you show an amazing ignorance of real history.
why do you insist on making such an ass of yourself?
This IS history, my little liberal friend. Good thing there's Google. It will make it very easy for you to find all of what I said is absolutely true.

If you should find anything to the contrary, please be sure and let me know.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1144175 May 31, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
The most important thing to take from reading the entire New Testament is God loves us and we can be forgiven. It's about the condition of the heart. Not how long or short the hair.
Back in those days, the length of one's hair might have been part of the culture.
I've always respected men as being the strongest of the two sexes. Don't think too many women would have gone into construction or built skyscrapers or figured out how to build an engine in a car, etc.
So honoring my husband as the head of our household while being treated as his equal partner in life is A-Okay with me. He honors my contributions and strengths as a woman which he doesn't possess too. As most good men do.
wow! you just stated that women aren't as smart as men!

amazing, the ignorant crap you post, carol.

St. Croix valley

#1144176 May 31, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
No. What I expect is the entire civilized world to speak out against the atrocities committed against women, children and Christians in the Middle East.
Picture yourself as a pregnant young woman who married the man you loved, a Christian, and are now chained to the floor anticipating 100 lashes before being hanged.
Does that help you understand what's going on?
How about being a young Christian boy and burned alive in a church?
We can't even get our heads around the number of these kinds of atrocities being committed every single day.
Is speaking out against this a problem for you? Or just your liberal doctrine prevents you from doing so?
and yet you just stated that women are not equal to men...

you really are a funny ignorant old hag, carol...

“you know i know”

denver

#1144177 May 31, 2014
neo nazis of the left are very busy:

Father Gets Probation For Making Son Walk Home From School
Robert Demond was convicted of a misdemeanor charge of second-degree endangering the welfare of a minor. When Demond picked him up, he asked about it, but his son refused to respond. Demond then stopped the car and told his son to walk to rest of the way home to think about what he had done,…
The Daily Caller

Location hidden

#1144178 May 31, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>oh sweetie, you post shit that shows what an ignorant old hag you are. and one easily duped by whatever snake oil salesman comes along..
You must be a very sad and unhappy liberal having so little to offer substance-wise with such a big mouth.. My condolences.

Let's just agree to disagree on just about everything from here on out and save us both some time.

St. Croix valley

#1144179 May 31, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
what you should take away from t he new testament is that most of it was written a man who never even met jesus and who taught things heretical to jesus.

but then you cult freaks don't really want to know the truth about your cult, do you? just keep kneeling to that false god of yours...

Location hidden

#1144180 May 31, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>and yet you just stated that women are not equal to men...
you really are a funny ignorant old hag, carol...
No. What I stated was you have so little to offer with such a big mouth.

Maybe you should stop trying so hard to prove me right.

There's really nothing more for me to say to you. Sorry.

“you know i know”

denver

#1144181 May 31, 2014
Let' em eat cake:

Fast food CEO: Minimum wage hikes closing locations
In cities where the minimum wage has gone up considerably, one fast food CEO said 'franchisees are closing locations.'
CNBC

Maybe Moochelle will ship them some turnips.

Location hidden

#1144182 May 31, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Psst! Gore is the one who wanted the manual recount son.....
All I know is:

If Gore's team won a court hearing to challenge the totals.
And if Bush successfully appealed for a stay from the U.S. Supreme Court to stop the recount.
And if the Gore team demanded every vote be counted.
But the U.S. Supreme Court, in a 5-to-4 vote, stopped the Florida recount.

Gore lost.

St. Croix valley

#1144183 May 31, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
No. What I stated was you have so little to offer with such a big mouth.
Maybe you should stop trying so hard to prove me right.
There's really nothing more for me to say to you. Sorry.
you said women couldn't have figured out how to build an engine...
i know why you think you are inferior to men, but other women are not. hell, you should bfeel inferior to most insects.

“you know i know”

denver

#1144184 May 31, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>womecults and races do the same...
oh did you think you had a point? so silly of you..you never do.
Have another grub, daffy, quack,quack

St. Croix valley

#1144185 May 31, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be a very sad and unhappy liberal having so little to offer substance-wise with such a big mouth.. My condolences.
Let's just agree to disagree on just about everything from here on out and save us both some time.
why don't you stop posting and save me the time of always proving you wrong?

i offer lots of substance. you offer only false comments, which i point out.

“you know i know”

denver

#1144186 May 31, 2014
most american leftist honkies are too stupid to wear a hat and clothes:

Why Americans can't get the same effective sunscreen protection Europeans can
Power Players
[email protected] Retweet Favorite
Europe and South America have better sun protection than what is available in the US - yhoo.it/1oCoXji

“you know i know”

denver

#1144187 May 31, 2014
more proof of liberals ignorance and stupidity:

Dirty South, Clean It Up
Developing nations are now the world's biggest polluters. Are they finally ready to help fight climate change?

Th latest report from the United Nations climate change body, released Tuesday, makes clear the good, the bad, and the ugly about one of the world's most intractable problems.
As things stand today, the world will be hard pressed to limit greenhouse-gas emissions and avoid the worst effects of global warming during the rest of the century. That's the ugly.
In the twenty-odd years since global warming leapt on the international stage at the Earth Summit at Rio de Janiero global greenhouse-gas emissions have not only kept growing, they're growing at an ever-faster clip. That's the bad.

I'll be keeping my SUV and my truck

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr ThomasA 322,226
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 4 hr Meat 11,915
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 5 hr Anthony Ramon 35,098
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Nov 26 Okboy 201,885
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Sep '17 Alice Meng 13
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Sep '17 The pope 258,482
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Sep '17 Love 292
More from around the web