Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1460333 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1143747 May 30, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
Fox news tell you that, Dingus?
Name some ya' lying sack of excrement.
if the Government knocked on your door and told you that you had to register your gun, how would you feel about that?

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#1143748 May 30, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
For the past 30 years, the Second Amendment has been defined by the most radical elements of the gun-rights movement. They argue not only that the Second Amendment guarantees individuals the right to own guns—a view that represents, in my view, the best understanding of our history and tradition—but, more importantly, that nearly any restriction on the manufacture, ownership, or use of firearms infringes this sacred right.
This radical vision of the Second Amendment is remarkable mainly for having so little basis in Supreme Court case law, the text of the Constitution, and American history.
In 2008 the Supreme Court held that the Second Amendment did secure the right of law-abiding, responsible adults to have handguns in their homes for protection. Yet the court went out of its way to acknowledge that most forms of gun regulation remain constitutionally permissible.“Like most rights, the right secured by the Second Amendment is not unlimited,” Justice Antonin Scalia, explained. In a sentence the NRA and many gun-rights extremists apparently missed, Scalia wrote that the Second Amendment is “not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose.”
Let’s say that again: Justice Scalia, hero of the most intransigent conservatives in the country, stated unequivocally that restrictions of Second Amendment rights are constitutional.
Indeed, Scalia’s opinion in Heller warned that “nothing in our opinion should be taken to cast doubt” on a wide range of gun laws, including bars on felons and the mentally ill from possessing guns, restrictions on guns in “sensitive places such as schools and government buildings,” or laws “imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms.” These categories capture the vast majority of gun laws in America.
In short, there’s plenty of room under the Second Amendment for gun control.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/02...
but hey, maybe you can resort to the dead horse of citing fake founder's quotes.
it's the only response i ever get. nutjob has nothing else. facts are not it's friend.
Dumbass, the founders considered the right to bear arms a god given right, the 2nd amendment merely codified it.

As stupid as you are ignorant.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1143749 May 30, 2014
TPRTY wrote:
<quoted text>
The democrats have a base that is easily distracted. This, along with a pattern of shifting blame and shirking responsibility has been evident since The One was inaugurated.
This administration's behavior has become laughably predictable.
Oh, and let's not forget that when all else fails, pull out a race card.
Since the race card has been used so much it no longer has any merit, it's now the President of the United States' role to call a summit to lecture us on concussions in the NFL.

He must not like having to deal with the bureaucratic mess at the VA or hurting Muslims' feelings by addressing the epidemic of Christian persecution around the world.

He's not only disengaged but now completely out of touch.

And I thought nothing else could surprise me.

“you know i know”

denver

#1143750 May 30, 2014
The madness of King Oblamer

News for obama mad as hell

Aide: Obama 'madder than hell'
USA TODAY &#8206;- 3 days ago
President Obama is....

"Nobody’s more upset about the developing scandal than President Obama,"

"If these allegations prove to be true, it is dishonorable, it is disgraceful, and I will not tolerate it." —Obama

"It's inexcusable, it's outrageous and Americans have a right to be mad as hell"

"Of course I'll be angry if it's proven to be true"

Bengazi? Nope

IRS ? nope

VA ? nope

Fast&Furious ? nope

Moochelle's lobster butter wasn't at the perfect temperature

“you know i know”

denver

#1143751 May 30, 2014
About half of Obamacare 'enrollees' refuse to pay premiums
(NaturalNews) There have been more problems with the Affordable Care Act's (a.k.a. Although there are options for short-term individual or group health insurance coverages in lieu of not being enrolled in Obamacare, those insurance providers may likely be outside the Affordable Care Act's…
NaturalNews from RSS

Dumber than shit Dave's excuses to follow..........

“you know i know”

denver

#1143752 May 30, 2014
71 minutes devoted to the VA scandal by the 3 over the air networks, 5 seconds were used to mention Il Douche, who is mad as hell, as he was mad in hell in 2008 when he was running for president. After vowing to fix the VA if elected, what has he done in the last 6 years?

Nothing, nada, zero, zip.

Let's look at Hurricane Katrina under Bush. Bush was castigated nightly by the same 3 networks, despite the fact the mayor of N.O. and the governor were demorats and should have been responsible for their own people.

Hypocrisy and dishonesty? You bet.

Stay tuned..........

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1143753 May 30, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
It is sad and synonymously hilarious that this jerk jumps on gay marriage, gender gaps, the "New Subtle Racism", Football Brain Concussions, "If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon" and racist remarks of a Basketball Team owner while the economy sucks and the world drifts away from America's influence leaving it irrelevant in this century going forward.
And his First Cow wants our children to eat vegetables.
Ours is now a country run by Access Hollywood and The Tonight Show.
At least Jimmy Fallon isn't afraid to make Obama the brunt of many of his jokes.

It's just one of the many reasons why I like him.

But you're right. It's like we're a never-ending skit on SNL as an episode of the Twilight Zone.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1143754 May 30, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
sonic Copies-n-Pastes, builds Straw Men and then shoots at them, talks over and replies for his opponents and then inflates himself to fill the spotlight at the expense of others.
And you actually expect to be taken seriously here?
If I was a $100 per Hour Therapist, I might consider taking you seriously - if you could afford it.
Other than that, I consider you to be a curiosity.
lol

it's a small time internet forum filled with right wing nutjobs much like yourself. i don't even take myself seriously when i'm here, so i can assure you that you place well down my list of those who can be taken seriously. you can't even answer a direct question without taking a long journey down deflection lane.

you sir, are also a real hoot. so excuse me for a few while i try to stop laughing.

“you know i know”

denver

#1143755 May 30, 2014
Gee, what happened? Too busy golfing?

Obama Has Spent Seven Years Promising to Fix the VA ...
blog.foreignpolicy.com/.../obama_has_spent_se... ...
Foreign Policy
May 21, 2014 - In the summer of 2007, Obama appeared before the Veterans of Foreign Wars to pledge to clean up the VA and deliver more timely care to ...

WASHINGTON — It’s one of those promises the president would probably like to forget.

In vowing to make the Veterans Administration the model of national health-care reform back in 2008, the outlook for scandal-plagued Obamacare suddenly seems even worse.

WND has discovered that during his transition into the White House in 2008-09, President Obama proposed in his “Obama-Biden” plan to “make the VA a leader of national health care reform so that veterans get the best care possible.”

However, instead of fixing the VA, the administration has had to defend its role in the death of veterans by neglect.

Meanwhile, WND is reporting that eight years earlier, in a failed run for Congress, Obama unveiled a sweeping health-care plan that modeled aspects of the Veterans Administration’s medical system.

The VA problems became a national sensation April 14 when CNN reported that at least 40 U.S. veterans died waiting for appointments at the Phoenix VA, many of whom were placed on a secret waiting list.

The discovery of the Obama-Biden VA plan fits a pattern that has come to light this week in which Obama repeatedly warned, or was warned, of serious problems at the VA but apparently did little in response.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2014/05/obama-2008-va-will...
Michelle

Denver, CO

#1143756 May 30, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Certainly not a 19 year old with no law enforcement training.
Seems to me that you are describing George Zimmerman. That worked out well.
"Law enforcement training" does not include education on Constitutional rights. The last thing we need are trained cops who are poorly educated.

You do understand the difference between training and education, don't you?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1143757 May 30, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
Dumbass, the founders considered the right to bear arms a god given right, the 2nd amendment merely codified it.
As stupid as you are ignorant.
Court says the 2nd has it's limits.

pretty much all i need to know.
Michelle

Denver, CO

#1143758 May 30, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets wait & see. I'm thinking the idea that you ignore the winter weather proves you are just dumber than sh*t.
Yes, the Bush recession was the worst in 80 years compiled with a near financial meltdown, housing collapse, two quagmire wars. The effects are still affecting our economy.
Maybe one day, you whiny little sh*ts will admit how your party screwed this country both under Bush & then fighting recovery under Obama.
If GDP growth in 2Q 2014 is negative, we are officially in recession, regardless of the weather.

But you have a point. When the blame Bush excuses no longer work, might as well blame the weather.

Thank you for your support.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1143759 May 30, 2014
Michelle wrote:
<quoted text>
If GDP growth in 2Q 2014 is negative, we are officially in recession, regardless of the weather.
But you have a point. When the blame Bush excuses no longer work, might as well blame the weather.
Thank you for your support.
two or more consecutive quarters.
Michelle

Denver, CO

#1143760 May 30, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny chit there Flack. I realize that being from WV you assume everyone lives in a trailer. You avoiding trailer parks must be why you no longer live there.
Real people should be concerned when they see a person carrying a gun. Do they know how to carry it safely? Is the safety on? is it properly secured? Are they one of "those" people?
Guns are not toys. They should be handled responsibly. I question how responsible these girls were when their purpose was to create a stir. I question the responsibility of anyone who totes.
Guns resent an opportunity for a bad situation. Does the reason to carry a gun out weight the chances of an accidental shooting or these guns being taken & used by criminals.
Some folks are concerned every time they see a cop carrying a gun, because they know that the police are never held accountable for handling a gun irresponsibly.

“you know i know”

denver

#1143761 May 30, 2014
A booming economy? Led by Il Douche's policies?

Lies and more lies.

Economic growth shrinks in fourth quarter - USA Today

www.usatoday.com/story/money/.../gdp.../18760 ...
USA Today
by Tim Mullaney - in 28 Google+ circles
Jan 30, 2013 - You two really should actually do some research before trying to say I told .... Economists had expected a gain of 1% for fourth-quarter GDP.

Oh wait, the apologists said it was the cold weather, not Oblamer's misguided policies. Extremely cold weather and globull warming, sumptin' ain't right.

“you know i know”

denver

#1143762 May 30, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Court says the 2nd has it's limits.
pretty much all i need to know.
Court says I have a right to own a firearm, so I do. Never know when some drug addled Traygone's might want to harm/rob/kill me.

If you don't want to own one, don't. Real simple, pimple.

“you know i know”

denver

#1143763 May 30, 2014
Michelle wrote:
<quoted text>
Some folks are concerned every time they see a cop carrying a gun, because they know that the police are never held accountable for handling a gun irresponsibly.
The police are a necessary evil, I learned early to avoid confrontations with them. Many never do and they suffer the unfortunate consequences.

“you know i know”

denver

#1143764 May 30, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
two or more consecutive quarters.
That's what Michelle said, Run a Mug. Got you one of those fast food jobs Il Douche has "created"?
Michelle

Denver, CO

#1143765 May 30, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Open carry is not legal in Springfield MO__period and end of story.
Reference please.

“you know i know”

denver

#1143766 May 30, 2014
This is the recession Dumber than shit Dave refers to ad nauseum:

by Thomas J. DiLorenzo

The thousands of mortgage defaults and foreclosures in the "subprime" housing market (i.e., mortgage holders with poor credit ratings) is the direct result of thirty years of government policy that has forced banks to make bad loans to un-creditworthy borrowers. The policy in question is the 1977 Community Reinvestment Act (CRA), which compels banks to make loans to low-income borrowers and in what the supporters of the Act call "communities of color" that they might not otherwise make based on purely economic criteria.

The original lobbyists for the CRA were the hardcore leftists who supported the Carter administration and were often rewarded for their support with government grants and programs like the CRA that they benefited from. These included various "neighborhood organizations," as they like to call themselves, such as "ACORN" (Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now). These organizations claim that over $1 trillion in CRA loans have been made, although no one seems to know the magnitude with much certainty. A U.S. Senate Banking Committee staffer told me about ten years ago that at least $100 billion in such loans had been made in the first twenty years of the Act.

So-called "community groups" like ACORN benefit themselves from the CRA through a process that sounds like legalized extortion. The CRA is enforced by four federal government bureaucracies: the Fed, the Comptroller of the Currency, the Office of Thrift Supervision, and the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation. The law is set up so that any bank merger, branch expansion, or new branch creation can be postponed or prohibited by any of these four bureaucracies if a CRA "protest" is issued by a "community group." This can cost banks great sums of money, and the "community groups" understand this perfectly well. It is their leverage. They use this leverage to get the banks to give them millions of dollars as well as promising to make a certain amount of bad loans in their communities.

Demorats own it 100%

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 9 min Bruin For Life 32,618
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr ThomasA 312,873
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 hr Into The Night 258,047
News Western Michigan heads to Illinois as a favorite Dec 7 Go Blue Forever 59
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Dec 5 Yin 17
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Nov 28 Local Warming 10,371
Should child beauty pageants be banned? (Sep '14) Nov 22 Heatherfeather 780
More from around the web