Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1656291 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Michelle

Denver, CO

#1143760 May 30, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny chit there Flack. I realize that being from WV you assume everyone lives in a trailer. You avoiding trailer parks must be why you no longer live there.
Real people should be concerned when they see a person carrying a gun. Do they know how to carry it safely? Is the safety on? is it properly secured? Are they one of "those" people?
Guns are not toys. They should be handled responsibly. I question how responsible these girls were when their purpose was to create a stir. I question the responsibility of anyone who totes.
Guns resent an opportunity for a bad situation. Does the reason to carry a gun out weight the chances of an accidental shooting or these guns being taken & used by criminals.
Some folks are concerned every time they see a cop carrying a gun, because they know that the police are never held accountable for handling a gun irresponsibly.

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#1143761 May 30, 2014
A booming economy? Led by Il Douche's policies?

Lies and more lies.

Economic growth shrinks in fourth quarter - USA Today

www.usatoday.com/story/money/.../gdp.../18760 ...
USA Today
by Tim Mullaney - in 28 Google+ circles
Jan 30, 2013 - You two really should actually do some research before trying to say I told .... Economists had expected a gain of 1% for fourth-quarter GDP.

Oh wait, the apologists said it was the cold weather, not Oblamer's misguided policies. Extremely cold weather and globull warming, sumptin' ain't right.

“you know i know”

denver

#1143762 May 30, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Court says the 2nd has it's limits.
pretty much all i need to know.
Court says I have a right to own a firearm, so I do. Never know when some drug addled Traygone's might want to harm/rob/kill me.

If you don't want to own one, don't. Real simple, pimple.

“you know i know”

denver

#1143763 May 30, 2014
Michelle wrote:
<quoted text>
Some folks are concerned every time they see a cop carrying a gun, because they know that the police are never held accountable for handling a gun irresponsibly.
The police are a necessary evil, I learned early to avoid confrontations with them. Many never do and they suffer the unfortunate consequences.

“you know i know”

denver

#1143764 May 30, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
two or more consecutive quarters.
That's what Michelle said, Run a Mug. Got you one of those fast food jobs Il Douche has "created"?
Michelle

Denver, CO

#1143765 May 30, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Open carry is not legal in Springfield MO__period and end of story.
Reference please.

“you know i know”

denver

#1143766 May 30, 2014
This is the recession Dumber than shit Dave refers to ad nauseum:

by Thomas J. DiLorenzo

The thousands of mortgage defaults and foreclosures in the "subprime" housing market (i.e., mortgage holders with poor credit ratings) is the direct result of thirty years of government policy that has forced banks to make bad loans to un-creditworthy borrowers. The policy in question is the 1977 Community Reinvestment Act (CRA), which compels banks to make loans to low-income borrowers and in what the supporters of the Act call "communities of color" that they might not otherwise make based on purely economic criteria.

The original lobbyists for the CRA were the hardcore leftists who supported the Carter administration and were often rewarded for their support with government grants and programs like the CRA that they benefited from. These included various "neighborhood organizations," as they like to call themselves, such as "ACORN" (Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now). These organizations claim that over $1 trillion in CRA loans have been made, although no one seems to know the magnitude with much certainty. A U.S. Senate Banking Committee staffer told me about ten years ago that at least $100 billion in such loans had been made in the first twenty years of the Act.

So-called "community groups" like ACORN benefit themselves from the CRA through a process that sounds like legalized extortion. The CRA is enforced by four federal government bureaucracies: the Fed, the Comptroller of the Currency, the Office of Thrift Supervision, and the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation. The law is set up so that any bank merger, branch expansion, or new branch creation can be postponed or prohibited by any of these four bureaucracies if a CRA "protest" is issued by a "community group." This can cost banks great sums of money, and the "community groups" understand this perfectly well. It is their leverage. They use this leverage to get the banks to give them millions of dollars as well as promising to make a certain amount of bad loans in their communities.

Demorats own it 100%

“you know i know”

denver

#1143767 May 30, 2014
TPRTY wrote:
<quoted text>
Since the day he spoke surrounded by the faux Greek columns in Denver and the totally undeserved Nobel Peace Prize it's been all down hill for the so-called most brilliant president ever to grace the White House.
The stench his lies and empty promises left behind in our fair city still linger..........nation wide

“you know i know”

denver

#1143768 May 30, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet...
An offer to award former Muslim activist Ayaan Hirsi Ali an honorary degree during commencement at Brandeis University has been rescinded because some of her past statements are "inconsistent with Brandeis University's core values."
What's truly amazing about this decision is that the liberals who forced the issue are praising Ali for her work in exposing genital mutilation, forced marriages, and honor killings - but now want to ban her because apparently, her statements exposing those horrors hurt the feelings of Muslims.
Free speech? The 1st amendment?

Not on liberal college campus's.

Latest campus trend? tossing out graduation speakers
www.msnbc.com/.../college-commencement-speake ...
5 days ago - All high-profile speakers on the prestigious college commencement .... Some graduates held up signs that read “lift the ban” during his remarks.

Commencement Speaker Blasts Petulant, Fascist Leftist ...
patdollard.com › Politics
9 hours ago -... Fascist Leftist Students For Banning Commencement Speakers, Gets Standing Ovation ... a commencement speaker at Haverford College on Sunday used ... and, yes, arrogant inclinations of some protestors,” Bowen said.

For the liberals, freedom of speech only applies to speakers they agree with.

Hypocrisy? Of course.
Michelle

Denver, CO

#1143769 May 30, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
two or more consecutive quarters.
GDP growth was already negative in 1Q 2014.

Thank you for your support.
Michelle

Denver, CO

#1143770 May 30, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
The police are a necessary evil, I learned early to avoid confrontations with them. Many never do and they suffer the unfortunate consequences.
If you allow the police to violate your rights, then you have no rights.

“you know i know”

denver

#1143771 May 30, 2014
Hypocrite of the century as well as liar of the year:

“The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies.… Increasing America’s debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that ‘the buck stops here. Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better.”……..

Senator Barack"douchebag" Obama

Budget Deficits
http://www.fms.treas.gov/index.html
2002 FY Budget Deficit $158 Billion
2003 FY Budget Deficit $365 Billion
2004 FY Budget Deficit $412 Billion
2005 FY Budget Deficit $319 Billion
2006 FY Budget Deficit $248 Billion
2007 FY Budget Deficit $161 Billion

Democrats control Congress

2008 FY Budget Deficit $455 Billion
2009 FY Budget Deficit $1.4 Trillion
2010 FY Budget Deficit $1.3 Trillion
2011 FY Budget Deficit $1.6 Trillion
2012FY Budget deficit $1.6 trillion
2013 FY Budget deficit $680 billion

A failure of leadership indeed.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1143772 May 30, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet...
An offer to award former Muslim activist Ayaan Hirsi Ali an honorary degree during commencement at Brandeis University has been rescinded because some of her past statements are "inconsistent with Brandeis University's core values."
What's truly amazing about this decision is that the liberals who forced the issue are praising Ali for her work in exposing genital mutilation, forced marriages, and honor killings - but now want to ban her because apparently, her statements exposing those horrors hurt the feelings of Muslims.
What you earlier posted about Michael Bloomberg's commencement speech comments hits home. Academia is so full of its Liberal Self that it stumbles and stutters senselessly.

On Monday, they love you. On Tuesday, they hate you. On Wednesday, they reconsider Tuesday's decision to rescind Mondays praise. On Thursday, they want clarification from you so they can pass judgement on whether or not you are a racist, anti-Muslim, Gun Nut or Conservative Mass Murderer. On Friday, they want you to submit something in writing that they can point to showing you to be a true Progressive Marxist. On Saturday, they bug your office. On Sunday, MSNBC airs the audio of your phone call with Wayne LaPierre and Ted Nugent....

These people are nuts and very dangerous.

Lapeer, MI

#1143773 May 30, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Since the race card has been used so much it no longer has any merit, it's now the President of the United States' role to call a summit to lecture us on concussions in the NFL.
He must not like having to deal with the bureaucratic mess at the VA or hurting Muslims' feelings by addressing the epidemic of Christian persecution around the world.
He's not only disengaged but now completely out of touch.
And I thought nothing else could surprise me.
If a tree falls in the forest and nobody saw it, did it really fall?

If the Boy Messiah loses his mental faculties and Valerie hides it from us, is he still crazy or just MIA?

We should worry more about Valerie's mental health than his. If he flips completely, she can send him off to golf in Hawaii until the recess bell rings in a couple of years.

Lapeer, MI

#1143774 May 30, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Since the race card has been used so much it no longer has any merit, it's now the President of the United States' role to call a summit to lecture us on concussions in the NFL.
He must not like having to deal with the bureaucratic mess at the VA or hurting Muslims' feelings by addressing the epidemic of Christian persecution around the world.
He's not only disengaged but now completely out of touch.
And I thought nothing else could surprise me.
No joke....I was watching PBS Newshour this evening with Judy Woodruff. She had Mark Shields and David Brooks giving their Liberal opinions, of course. They began discussing the VA scandal and Eric Shinseki's resignation.

Suddenly, Mark Shields begins Bush-Bashing telling us how badly Shinseki was treated by George Bush back in 2003. I went "What the hell?"

And then he turns traitor on his own Liberal circus by criticizing the NY Times, Washington Post and some other Liberal rag because they are criticizing the Magic Negro's VA constipation and his lack of foreign policy!

These two boobs really put on a show last night. Typical Progressive circle-racing.

Lapeer, MI

#1143775 May 30, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
lol
it's a small time internet forum filled with right wing nutjobs much like yourself. i don't even take myself seriously when i'm here, so i can assure you that you place well down my list of those who can be taken seriously. you can't even answer a direct question without taking a long journey down deflection lane.
you sir, are also a real hoot. so excuse me for a few while i try to stop laughing.
You ask questions not for an answer but to stand up your Straw Man. I don't play.

Sorry:-)

Lapeer, MI

#1143776 May 30, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Court says the 2nd has it's limits.
pretty much all i need to know.
....ain't much left of that dead horse.....
TPRTY

United States

#1143777 May 30, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
lol
it's a small time internet forum filled with right wing nutjobs much like yourself. i don't even take myself seriously when i'm here
So what does it say about yourself that you're here posting 7 days a week, all hours of the day?
Nostrilis Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1143778 May 31, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't "scandal after scandal". It is just one Republican conspiracy after another, after another.
The VA scandal is a conspiracy Moonbat?

You really are out in left field.

You are totally nuts.
Nostrilis Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1143779 May 31, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
More proof that you are Waxnuts.
Not me you delusional moron. Waxman posts from Windsor, you idiot!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr Susanm 321,982
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 5 hr Anonymous 35,082
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 5 hr Fugooo 11,895
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Nov 26 Okboy 201,885
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Sep '17 Alice Meng 13
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Sep '17 The pope 258,482
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Sep '17 Love 292
More from around the web