Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1549473 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1142435 May 27, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
16. During the 1980's the NRA tried to convince President Reagan to abolish the ATF, the law enforcment agency in charge of enforcing federal gun control laws. This is because the best way to enforce current gun laws is to abolish law enforcement.
17. It's a good idea to always have a loaded gun around when you lose your temper.
18. Children are safer if they have easy access to guns.
19. The International Crime Victim Survey found a positive correlation between gun ownership and increases in homicide and suicide, but the right to life doesn't matter.
20. Pro-gun propaganda is very good logic. Let's apply pro-gun propaganda to cars to demonstrate this- Cars don't kill people, people kill people. That's why stop signs and speed limits should be abolished.
21. Criminals don't obey laws and that's why all laws should be abolished.
22. Gun violence means more freedom. Just ask the family of any gun violence victim to verify this.
23. The Second Amendment's main purpose is to protect a personal right of self defense against criminals which is why the Founding Fathers of America decided to make this very clear by beginning the Second Amendment by talking about a well regulated militia.
24. In United States v. Miller the Supreme Court recognized that the "possession or use" of a weapon must be reasonably related to a well regulated miltia to enjoy second amendment protection. That's why there is an individual right to own any military weapon whether or not its possession or use is related to militia activity.
25. In United States v. Miller, the Supreme Court stated that the Second Amendment must be interpreted with the militia end in view.
26. Assault weapons crime decreased after the passage of the 1994 Federal Assault Weapons Ban. Gun crime went down the most in states that didn't previously have their own ban on assault weapons. That's why the ban was ineffective.
27. There is much more gun violence in the US than other industrialized nations, but it's better to face an armed criminal.
28. Chanting a lie over and over again will somehow make it come true.
29. Protecting the gun industry from lawsuits has been one of the main priorities of the NRA because we all know that criminal gun dealers who sell firearms to child killers are model citizens.
30. Most murders in the US are committed with guns, but killing is not the purpose of a gun.
http://www.guninformation.org/reasons.html
Reminiscent of Saul Alinsky.
Chief Shatting Bull

Westminster, CA

#1142436 May 27, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
aren't you that guy that said something that brought down the economy of the United States?
that must be a really big set of beans considering that your word was evidently the command of a republican Congress. though it might have been a case of no republicans beans.
You racist POS, me chief
Michelle

Kankakee, IL

#1142437 May 27, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>see? racism topics are just your speed, right down your alley...er...gutter...
stick with what you know, i always say.
Sadly, race was a major factor in the Santa Barbara killings.

Lapeer, MI

#1142438 May 27, 2014
Michelle wrote:
<quoted text>
Racist pig.
Anti-Bovine is racist?

..says the ASPCA?

Lapeer, MI

#1142439 May 27, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
did you hear the story about the white boy terrorist who couldn't get laid? it made the international news.
i bet the other ethnic groups are having fun with that one. especially after he was whining about those other ethnic groups getting what he was never going to have.
You harbor more hate than Eric Racist Holder and the Jesse Sharpton Bros..

You are like one of those indoor trash cans where when you step on the foot-lever, the top opens up.

You've never been emptied and it smells.People need to watch out when stepping on the foot-lever.

Lapeer, MI

#1142440 May 27, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no culture i know of thinks that, but then you are just a scared little man repeated what you heard others say but can't really comprehend...
I agree. You know no culture.....

But we are talking politics and the political animal.

Come back when your confusion subsides.
Michelle

Kankakee, IL

#1142441 May 27, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Anti-Bovine is racist?
..says the ASPCA?
Show respect for your next President, you lowly serf.

Lapeer, MI

#1142442 May 27, 2014
Barney Fwank N Beans wrote:
<quoted text>Old man ghost is changing his turd bag and slamming down a vodka/ prune juice
Which one is called the Chaser? The Prune Juice or the Vodka?

Lapeer, MI

#1142443 May 27, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>see? racism topics are just your speed, right down your alley...er...gutter...
stick with what you know, i always say.
Sticking with what you know leaves you in a quite predicament.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA .....

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1142444 May 27, 2014
Hillaryous wrote:
<quoted text> For Obama worshippers to avoid the reality of his untruthfulness
we must have needed heroin for the previous occupant...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1142445 May 27, 2014
Michelle wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice story, except that he wasn't white, and that was his problem.

if that was his problem, why was he so angry about black guys getting what he was never going to have?

btw.....he was half white.

Lapeer, MI

#1142446 May 27, 2014
Michelle wrote:
<quoted text>
Show respect for your next President, you lowly serf.
Now you've got me confused. Are we talking primates, cows, hogs or just generic Democrats?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1142448 May 27, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
If you can't win an argument throwing one fecal projectile then try throwing ten. If that doesn't work then try throwing 20. If you still run into headwinds then next try throwing 30.
This is part of the Magic Negro MO. "If they bring a knife to the fight then we'll bring 30 colostomy bags"
I perused maybe 4 and smiled. Old hat Liberal stuff. Innuendo, grey facts, twisted logic...etc.
But, gee, 30 is really impressive, Mr. Joseph Goebbels.
"“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”
You, Magic Negro and this website are in solidarity, Mr. G
Antonin Scalia: There Are 'Undoubtedly' Limits To A Person's Right To Carry Guns

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/29/anto...

i win.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Santa Barbara, CA

#1142450 May 27, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
The Magic Negro King is a standing joke amongst American Patriots.
His Veto Pen doubles as his personal vibrator.
I hope you are right but with only two vetos under his belt, he had better get busy if he is going to get anywhere close to George H.W.'s 36 vetos or Ronald Reagan's 39.
Chief Shatting Bull

Westminster, CA

#1142451 May 27, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
if that was his problem, why was he so angry about black guys getting what he was never going to have?
btw.....he was half white.
You must be a talkin bout your daddy. It's the end of the month so you must be almost out of wampum.Not worry little lady, welfare check on way for you

“Peace on Earth”

Santa Barbara, CA

#1142452 May 27, 2014
Nostrilis Waxmoron wrote:
<quoted text>
Before you hand out the award please read some of Shinningmoron's posts tonight.
Dullelectron is worse than an ignoranmous. He's a troll who doesn't even make an attempt to discuss anything. Just stops by with insults and extraneous thoughts meant to give himself pleasure.

St. Croix valley

#1142453 May 27, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Antonin Scalia: There Are 'Undoubtedly' Limits To A Person's Right To Carry Guns
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/29/anto...
i win.
there were limits on that right when the amendment was ratified with our constitution. lots of them, in fact.

“Peace on Earth”

Santa Barbara, CA

#1142454 May 27, 2014
Michelle wrote:
<quoted text>
Sadly, race was a major factor in the Santa Barbara killings.
Bull.

St. Croix valley

#1142455 May 27, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope you are right but with only two vetos under his belt, he had better get busy if he is going to get anywhere close to George H.W.'s 36 vetos or Ronald Reagan's 39.
wouldn't congress actually have to pass a bill before he can veto it? they don't seem able to do that....
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1142456 May 27, 2014
paddyomalley wrote:
<quoted text>
The Second Amendment was written expressly IN THE BILL OF RIGHTS to give the people the right to own and carry weapons. The Bill of Rights does not contain government rights or requirements and the Bill of Rights were signed into law in December 1791.
All government control, support requirements including weapons and ammunition, and use of the MILITIA is covered in Article 1, Section 8, Paragraphs 15 and 16 of the Constitution. The US Constitution was signed in September 1787.
“What the opinion in Heller said is that it will have to be decided in future cases, what limitations upon the right to keep and bear arms are permissible,” Scalia said on “Fox News Sunday,” referring to the 2008 decision in District of Columbia v. Heller that protected the right to possess firearms.

“Some [limitations] undoubtedly are because there were some that were acknowledged at the time,” he continued.“There was a tort called a “frighting” which if you carried around a really horrible weapon just to scare people, like a head ax or something, that was I believe a misdemeanor. So yes there are some limitations that can be imposed, what they are will depend on what the society understood were reasonable limitations at the time.”

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2012/07/29/ju...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 17 min Trojan 33,193
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 20 hr weaponX 314,719
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Jun 13 Patriot 11,181
News Tragedy strikes family members of Leasure (Jul '08) Jun 9 Evidence phart 9
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) May 29 Into The Night 258,476
Penn State University & State College May '17 Truechange 1
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Apr '17 GLOBAL FUNDING SO... 43
More from around the web