Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1395802 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1141941 May 27, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
But I do have to say the most glaring and obvious reality about slavery and our history. The fact that it was, in fact, tolerated by too many for far too long.
It's a very hard thing for me to understand. A moral fault on the part of many which should not have become a black mark on our history simply because of our nation's love of freedom.
It caused me to do some serious soul searching about reaping what we have sown. That, along with our cruelty and treatment of the Indians. And dropping firebombs in Dresden, Germany, at the end of WWII and in Saipan.
But after struggling for a long time with where my loyalty should lie and even my allegiance to this country, I finally came to the conclusion that, in spite of those things in our past that none of us are proud of, this nation has done far more good in the world than bad and Americans have sacrificed much for many.
And I can live with that. It's a matter of recognizing the sins of the past and knowing how far we've come and where we're going rather than where we've been.
Whether or not we will still reap what we have sown is out of my hands. Our callousness towards life and the unborn is where we are morally bankrupt presently in my opinion.
As for the slavery issue, self-flagellation is always popular among unthinking boobs, religious fanatics and those with low self-esteem and, of course, guilt-ridden Liberals.

Where in the hell that guilt comes from is a mystery of mysteries. Some Irish immigrant's descendant 5 times removed feels guilty for something done by strangers 200 years ago back in Pennsylvania while they work their tail off building a railroad in California.

But Democrats are good at browbeating innocent people into submission and selling Snake Oil.

Not me. They can browbeat all they will but I will not bend to their shuck-n-jive Magic Negro Show nor buy his Snake Oil products.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1141943 May 27, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
In fact, this past Winter, I watched a Canadian piece on PBS, I believe, about how poorly the indigenous peoples of Canada were treated all through its history. Canada! I've always had this image of Canada somehow being less socially ferocious and predatory than other countries but - nope - they, too, have their dark side.
It's Life.
And total idiots like you would be Americas dark side, Haters, wrapped inside their own perceived morality which makes them feel somehow superior. You are nothing more than a backwoods racist with very limited ability to see beyond your own short comings.
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1141944 May 27, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Findings and Declaration of Policy of Iraq Liberation act of 1998:
The Act declared that it was the Policy of the United States to support "regime change." The Act was passed 360-38 in the U.S. House of Representatives and by unanimous consent in the Senate. US President Bill Clinton signed the bill into law on October 31, 1998. The law's stated purpose was: "to establish a program to support a transition to democracy in Iraq." Specifically, Congress made findings of past Iraqi military actions in violation of International Law and that Iraq had denied entry of United Nations Special Commission on Iraq (UNSCOM) inspectors into its country to inspect for weapons of mass destruction. Congress found: "It should be the policy of the United States to support efforts to remove the regime headed by Saddam Hussein from power in Iraq and to promote the emergence of a democratic government to replace that regime." On December 16, 1998, President Bill Clinton mandated Operation Desert Fox, a major four-day bombing campaign on Iraqi targets.
President Clinton stated in February 1998:
“Iraq admitted, among other things, an offensive biological warfare capability, notably, 5,000 gallons of botulinum, which causes botulism; 2,000 gallons of anthrax; 25 biological-filled Scud warheads; and 157 aerial bombs. And I might say UNSCOM inspectors believe that Iraq has actually greatly understated its production....
Over the past few months, as [the weapons inspectors] have come closer and closer to rooting out Iraq's remaining nuclear capacity, Saddam has undertaken yet another gambit to thwart their ambitions by imposing debilitating conditions on the inspectors and declaring key sites which have still not been inspected off limits....
It is obvious that there is an attempt here, based on the whole history of this operation since 1991, to protect whatever remains of his capacity to produce weapons of mass destruction, the missiles to deliver them, and the feed stocks necessary to produce them. The UNSCOM inspectors believe that Iraq still has stockpiles of chemical and biological munitions, a small force of Scud-type missiles, and the capacity to restart quickly its production program and build many, many more weapons....
Now, let's imagine the future. What if he fails to comply and we fail to act, or we take some ambiguous third route, which gives him yet more opportunities to develop this program of weapons of mass destruction and continue to press for the release of the sanctions and continue to ignore the solemn commitments that he made? Well, he will conclude that the international community has lost its will. He will then conclude that he can go right on and do more to rebuild an arsenal of devastating destruction. And some day, some way, I guarantee you he'll use the arsenal...."
President Clinton ~ 1998
http://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/1998/02/17/tra...
(#6 in the cross reference under forks make us fat's Wikipedia source.)
The big difference Carol is that Clinton didn't send US troops into harm's way in Iraq getting over 4000 of them killed. He used targeted surgical strikes on suspected sites.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1141945 May 27, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"poop"
As usual you dance and dodge. The question was why hairless reed will not allow a vote. If the bills are that bad why would hairless not allow a vote? You do realize a majority of American's do not support nobamakare. There is only one reason hairless will not allow a vote. He knows the bills would pass, forcing the boy president nobama to use his veto pen.
Peace
KMA
GPUAR
PS: One more time is this the summer your bio/fantasy is to be released? Just another one of your many lies?
You do realize that the vast number of Americans are concerned about our economy. Once again you prove my point, your comprehension is non-existent. I explained why the bills are not put up for a vote, and you change the subject like the idiot that you prove daily. If the Republicans were serious about helping the economy that they ruined why would they attach something that they know will never pass and then pretend that they are doing something. Their obsession is as bad and stupid as yours is.
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1141946 May 27, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Answer this question first.
How many times did Saddam thumb his nose at the UN and inspectors and how many years did he have to do that?
But it's been a long day. We'll take this up again tomorrow after you've had some time to do some research.
Well dumbass, UN inspectors were in Iraq and forced to leave by Bush when they weren't finding what he wanted them to. Post invasion inspections found no WMD or even the capacity to produce them.
Over 4000 of our military died for nothing except to massage George W's ego.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1141947 May 27, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
A man's selection of a wife is a direct reflection on him.
But, I acquiesce. No need for peripheral damage when the Bulls Eye is wider than Magic Negro's Sh it-Eatin' grin.
Soo you being married to Waxman is something that you are proud of???
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1141948 May 27, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
How ironic a true Democrats goes to a Christian College.
"Democrats use their surrogates in the ACLU to attack religion (except Islam, which they are too frightened of to go after) in general and Christianity in particular.
It was Democrats who passed Obamacare, and it is Democrats who are using it to bludgeon Christians into changing our principles to suit Democrat principles. No other political Party has ever assaulted religious freedom as Democrats are doing today."
Read more at http://www.westernjournalism.com/can-one-true...
Total hogwash from a right wing hack. Democrats don't attack Christianity in fact most Democrats are Christians. What we do attack are those who want to impose their own narrow beliefs on everyone.
The basis of Christianity is social justice; something Democrats push for and right wing Republicans reject.

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

#1141949 May 27, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
And for those who still think shinning and I are kidding about Valerie Jarrett being the power behind the throne....
New York Times
September 1, 2012
"A Chicagoan who helped Mr. Obama navigate his rise through that city’s aggressive politics, Ms. Jarrett came to Washington with no national experience. But her unmatched access to the Obamas has made her a driving force in some of the most significant domestic policy decisions of the president’s first term, her persuasive power only amplified by Mr. Obama’s insular management style.
“'She is the single most influential person in the Obama White House,' said one former senior White House official, who like many would speak candidly only on condition of anonymity."
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/02/us/politics...
Carol had no problem with Bush bringing Karl Rove to DC when he had zero national experience.

Rove & Cheney had far far far more power than Jarrett ever did.
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1141950 May 27, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic University of America
Acceptance rate: 63.2%(2012)
https://www.google.com/#q=CUA+college
Baawwaahhh!!!!
Yeah, so? Here are some notable alumni from CUA;
Leo A. Daly, III, FAIA, B.Arch. 1967 -- Chairman and CEO of Leo A. Daly Company
Ed McMahon (Deceased), B.A. 1949 -- comedian
Jason Miller (Deceased), M.A. 1964 -- Pulitzer-prize winning playwright and actor
Christopher Sarandon, Jr., M.F.A. 1967 -- Hollywood actor
Susan Sarandon, B.A. 1968 -- Hollywood actress
W. Gresham Striegel, B.A. 1990 -- Senior Producer for the Fox News Channel
Michael J. Bidwill, J.D. 1991 -- President of the NFL's Arizona Cardinals
Brian M. Cashman, B.A. 1989 -- General Manager of MLB's New York Yankees
Tim Connelly, B.A. 1999 -- General Manager of the NBA's Denver Nuggets
Robert Comstock, Esq., B.A. 1958, J.D., J.C.L. 1964 -- Chairman and CEO of the National Capital Bank of Washington
Robert Craves, B.A. 1965 -- Co-founder of Costco Wholesale, Inc.
Alice S. Fisher, J.D. 1992 -- Assistant Attorney General for the U.S. Department of Justice
The Honorable Colleen Kollar-Kotelly, B.A. 1965, J.D. 1968 -- Justice for the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
The Honorable John T. Noonan, Jr., M.A. 1949, Ph.D. 1951 -- Senior Circuit Judge for the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
The Honorable Peggy A. Quince, J.D. 1975 -- Justice for the Florida Supreme Court
Julie Nixon Eisenhower, M.A. 1972 -- writer and former Assistant Managing Editor for the Saturday Evening Post
Robert P. Casey, Jr., J.D. 1988 -- U.S. Senator from Pennsylvania
Edward W. Gillespie, B.A. 1983 -- Former Chairman of the Republican National Committee
Thomas R. Harkin, J.D. 1972 -- U.S. Senator from Iowa
Sean Patrick Cardinal O'Malley, O.F.M. Cap., Ph.D. 1978 -- Archbishop of Boston, Mass.
Donald W. Cardinal Wuerl, B.A. 1962, M.A. 1963 -- Archbishop of Washington, D.C.
Francis Cardinal George, M.A. 1966 -- Archbishop of Chicago, Ill.
Joseph Carlini, B.M.E. 1984 -- CEO of McKean Defense Group, LLC
Michael D. Griffin, M.S.E. 1974 -- Former Administrator of NASA
You're an idiot!
Nostrilis Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1141951 May 27, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
The big difference Carol is that Clinton didn't send US troops into harm's way in Iraq getting over 4000 of them killed. He used targeted surgical strikes on suspected sites.
Well dummy, why did Clinton keep perpetuation your so called lie about WMD like you say Bush did?

By the way, thousands of deaths have occurred in Afghanistan under Obama, far more than under Bush, but that's OK, right, commie?

DUH-Pont = Dummies in America!

The Catholic University of America

Acceptance rate: 63.2%(2012)

https://www.google.com/#q=catholic+university...
Nostrilis Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1141952 May 27, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Soo you being married to Waxman is something that you are proud of???
Mornin' thread sock & liar. When is your "Glorious" East Coast vacation over?

Baawwaahhh!!!!
Nostrilis Waxman

New York, NY

#1141953 May 27, 2014
Mornin' from the thread sock & liar.

Baawwaahhh!!!!
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1141954 May 27, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Mornin' thread sock & liar. When is your "Glorious" East Coast vacation over?
Baawwaahhh!!!!
I live here moron. I really don't get your point as to who gives a sh1t where another person lives, only morons like you I guess.. Since you are so interested in my where a bouts, I will be going back to California in a little over a month for a while. When will you be able to move out of your moms house and attempt to make it on your own? Your envy always shines through. I love it BWAAAA you are as obsessed as your sister Eed is. I own both of you chimps.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1141955 May 27, 2014
KNOW YOUR HISTORY: Memorial Day was started by former slaves on May, 1, 1865 in Charleston, SC to honor 257 dead Union Soldiers who had been buried in a mass grave in a Confederate prison camp. They dug up the bodies and worked for 2 weeks to give them a proper burial as gratitude for fighting for their freedom. They then held a parade of 10,000 people led by 2,800 Black children where they marched, sang and celebrated.

Thanks to Abstrakt Goldsmith for this nugget of history that most of us never learned in school.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1141956 May 27, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
Mornin' from the thread sock & liar.
Baawwaahhh!!!!
This Waxman seems to be a normal person.
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1141957 May 27, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Even the brightest and best among us have brain farts. Look at the president. He needed Gas-X for the brain when he called our military "corpseman" and was in "57 states with two to go."
Others of us - you, for example - have a more severe case of brain diarrhea. Unfortunately, there's no form of Imodium for that. No offense.
What you call "brain farts" I call sloppy and downright lazy thinking. Let's review some of yours;
You confuse the deficit with the debt.
You confuse local weather and global climate.
You confuse capital, a city with capitol a building.
You confuse Saul Salinsky, whoever that is with Saul Alinsky.
You think that a boat stuck in the ice in Antarctica proves global warming is a hoax.
That Ansar al Sharia is an individual and not a group.
And most recently you think that a two foot rise in sea level would only mean moving you beach chair further up the beach.
If you want to go with gaffes, let's not forget McCain's comments about Iraq's nonexistent border with Pakistan.
Or how about Mitt Romney's statement that Syria is Iran's route to the sea completely ignoring the fact that these two countries have no common border and that Iran is located on the Persian Gulf.
Then there are always Sarah Palin's claims that the Vice President runs the Senate and that the First Amendment somehow shielded her from criticism by the press.
You're the one who's constantly spewing a constant stream of easily debunked crap Carol; if anyone has "brain diarrhea" it's you. I just deal with facts.
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1141958 May 27, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Too many liberals think a moral compass is the toy they find in a Cracker Jacks box.
Sure dumbass and your "moral compass" thinks that it's just peachy to make the wealthy even wealthier on the backs of the poor and middle class like Paul Ryan's proposed budget does.
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1141959 May 27, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
It didn't matter that Saddam got rid of all of them by that time. He would have waited long enough to start rebuilding them again.
What don't you understand about that? It's a very simple concept and fact.
Only someone as incredibly stupid as you would think that Americans should be sent to fight and die over what someone "might" do.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1141960 May 27, 2014
Trey Gowdy DESTROYS the Mainstream Media in Just Three Minutes on Benghazi
May 13, 2014 By Matthew Burke

He simply asks them, pointedly, in this press conference about the newly-formed House Benghazi Select Committee, a series of very specific questions, with the obvious implication that if the media doesn’t know the answer to these questions, they haven’t been doing their job because they remain unanswered 20 months after the terrorist attack.
Gowdy begins his powerful statement by immediately quoting, word-for-word, Obama’s promise to the nation following the attacks:
“We will not waiver in our commitment to see that justice is done for this terrible act in Benghazi. And make no mistake, justice will be done.” That was the President of the United States over a year ago.“We’re investigating exactly what happened, but my biggest priority now is bringing those folks to justice.” That was the President of the United States over a year ago.
Gowdy points out that that both of Obama’s promises are broken as no one has been brought to justice, explaining that the Obama regime has prohibited witnesses from testifying about Benghazi.“No one has been brought to justice. We don’t even have access to witnesses,” Gowdy said.
Gowdy then went into his classic questioning mode, telling them that while he’s not trying to tell the media how to do their job, if they don’t know the answers to these questions, in regards to Benghazi, then he would leave them to draw their own conclusions:
I’m not telling you how to do your job, but I’m going to ask you some questions, and if you can’t answer these questions, then I’ll leave you to draw whatever conclusions you want to draw about whether the media has provided sufficient oversight:
Can you tell me why [Ambassador] Chris Stevens was in Benghazi that he was killed? Do you know? Does it bother you whether or not you know why Chris Stevens was in Benghazi?
Do you know why we were the last flag flying in Benghazi, after the British had left and the Red Cross had been bombed?
Do you know why requests for additional security were denied? Do you know why an ambassador asking for more security, days and weeks before he was murdered and those requests went unheeded? Do you know the answer to why those requests went unheeded?
Do you know why no assets were deployed during the siege? And I’ve heard the explanation, which defies logic, frankly, that we could not have gotten there in time. But you know they didn’t know when it was going to end, so how can you possibly cite that as an excuse?
Do you know whether the president called any of our allies and said, can you help, we have men under attack? Can you answer that?
Do any of you know why Susan Rice was picked [to go on five Sunday talk shows after the attacks]? The Secretary of State [Hillary Clinton] did not go. She says she doesn’t like Sunday talk shows. That’s the only media venue she does not like, if that’s true. Why was Susan Rice on the five Sunday talk shows?
Do you know the origin of this mythology, that it was spawned as a spontaneous reaction to a video? Do you know where that started?
Do you know where we got from no evidence on that, to that being the official position of the administration?
Gowdy then concludes his brief statement by blasting the press for not doing their job, while getting a last jab in at Obama, Hillary Clinton and Jay Carney:
In conclusion, Congress is supposed to provide oversight, the voters are supposed to provide oversight, and you were supposed to provide oversight. That’s why you have special liberties and that’s why you have special protections.
I’m not surprised that the President of the United States called this a phony scandal. I’m not surprised that Secretary Clinton would ask what difference does it make. I’m not even surprised that Jay Carney said it happened a long time ago. I’m just surprised at how many people bought it.
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1141961 May 27, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean besides the ones the inspectors had access to which Clinton said they destroyed - nearly 40,000 chemical weapons, more than 100,000 gallons of chemical weapons agents, 48 operational missiles, 30 warheads specifically fitted for chemical and biological weapons, and a massive biological weapons facility at Al Hakam equipped to produce anthrax and other deadly agents?
Or the ones he kept hidden and then got rid of at the very last minute to prevent Bush from kicking his ass from here to kingdom come?
Iraq is a fairly large enough country to hide almost anything. But one of Saddam's generals who defected and one of his scientists who did the same both adamantly claimed Saddam moved them to Syria.
There you go with your "brain diarrhea" spewing bull crap again Carol.
Strategically and militarily, it made no sense for Saddam to transfer his weapons of mass destruction to Syria. Saddam worked on acquiring WMD for a reason: to stave off an invasion and hold on to power.
But for a moment, let’s suppose that Saddam circumvented the most intrusive sanction regime the world has ever known and rebuilt his WMD programs after inspectors (and Israeli jets) destroyed them. His reasoning would have been deterrence — as Thomas Schelling put it, Saddam would have given his enemies a “threat that leaves something to chance.” So why, with U.S. massing forces on his border, would Saddam give up the one thing he had to raise the cost of invading to the Americans?
The region was blanketed by U.S. military assets. Operation Enduring Freedom was in full swing in Afghanistan, and Operations Northern and Southern Watch were still in place over Iraq. If something moved — like, say a convoy of Winnebagos of Death heading for Syria — it could be detected and killed.
For example, as the clock ticked down on President Bush’s deadline for Saddam and his sons to leave Iraq, the dictator was detected at Dora Farms. The U.S. was able to scramble F-117s over Baghdad and bomb Dora Farms with impunity as the clock ran out. If Saddam were moving his allegedly massive stockpile to Syria, it would have been impossible to hide from the United States. A convoy of illicit material moving through the Western desert would have been a perfect target: the U.S. could strike it from the air; and then insert teams on the ground to take forensic samples of the material.
This Iraqi general you mention Georges Sada has had his claims that Saddam sent his WMD to Syria totally discredited. He's a fabricator who makes a lot of money with his books and speeches from idiots like you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 1 hr Earthling-1 9,873
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr ThomasA 311,345
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Mon Barbi A 201,865
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Mon Trojan 32,289
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Mon ChristineM 255,511
News What they're saying about Bulls draft pick Bobb... (Jun '15) Jun 20 Tretre 6
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Jun 6 James Harry 41
More from around the web