Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1459779 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

spocko

Oakland, CA

#1141886 May 26, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Does your Race Card have a Photo ID on it?
At least a black-n-white one?
Two hundred fifty years of slavery. Ninety years of Jim Crow. Sixty years of separate but equal. Thirty-five years of racist housing policy. Until we reckon with our compounding moral debts, America will never be whole.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1141887 May 26, 2014
Pepe Longstocking wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm thinking, "Suck her toes," right now It's like a magnet! Ya know, hon, this thing is NOT pointing due North right now despite what you may have heard... I've figured it out, 16... YOU'RE JEWISH! It's the only other possibility, you're a reform jew with a rockin' hot (but petite) body and a rusty leg-iron for a husband and, heck honey, you only go around once...(know what I mean...)... actually, 20 or so times is about average...
Jewish? Thanks for the laugh.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1141888 May 26, 2014
Pepe Longstocking wrote:
THAT'S WHAT IT IS! I FIGURED IT ALL OUT, 16!!!... That's why he takes you around on the back of a motorcycle for various erotic adventures I'd rather not contemplate... CAUSE HE'S CHEAP!!!! Am I right...?
No sweetie. I don't ride any longer. My husband rides with friends. I stay home. When we do travel on the road, it is in a gas guzzling 40' RV with three dogs and a grandchild.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1141889 May 26, 2014
Barb Aryan wrote:
<quoted text>
I have one last question and then I PROMISE I'll leave you alone... unless you don't want to be alone?... Anyways, if it turns out that you and I are the last two people in here will you exchange pictures with me? Nothing lurid... I just want to see you...
Sure. But something tells me that day will never arrive. Too many socks have a psychotic need to have the last word.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1141890 May 26, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Old mentally ill bald duds may turn of gay men like you, but not me old guy. I'm a true conservative and like Republican women. So are you still going around lying and claiming to be a conservative, libtard? Are you also still claiming Pluto is a comet and that a cow jumped over the Moon, Tinkerbell?
Baawwaahhh!!!!
i have proved that i am conservative, just as i proved Pluto is a comet.

why do you keep bringing up the embarrassing incident of yours where you tried to deny science? that was funny as hell...me shooting down every single thing you tried to state...

funny. as. hell.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1141891 May 26, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Titles can always be deceiving. Janitors pass themselves off at parties as being Sanitation Engineers.
Community organizers and political activists try passing themselves off as being Presidents.
The U.S. Presidency is actually run by a female Chicago slumlord.
Truth is stranger than fiction.
Even the most far left liberals would be shocked if they knew just how true that was.

The only thing Valerie Jarrett doesn't do is sleep between Michelle and Obama..

But she definitely runs the entire show. A notorious Chicago slumlord, no less.

St. Croix valley

#1141892 May 26, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Even the most far left liberals would be shocked if they knew just how true that was.
this is your pathetic opinion? from the lady who has absolutely no clue what is happening around her?

too funny!

St. Croix valley

#1141893 May 26, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
is that like ansar al shari suing the title of a single man??

hee hee!

what an ignorant fool you are, carol...

Location hidden

#1141894 May 26, 2014
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
Two hundred fifty years of slavery. Ninety years of Jim Crow. Sixty years of separate but equal. Thirty-five years of racist housing policy. Until we reckon with our compounding moral debts, America will never be whole.
Sadly, cotton planation owners in the south are responsible for slavery. Southern Democrats were responsible for Jim Crow laws. It was a Democratic president, Andrew Johnson, who took back the land - 40 acres and a mule - and gave it back to the slave owners.

The separate but equal mentality was most prominent in Southern states as well -- what history calls the Southern Democratic bloc. Had it not been for Democrats and Republicans (primarily) outside of the old south, blacks would still be struggling for civil rights.

But the moral debt has been paid. The overwhelming majority want blacks to have their rightful place in society and, because that has already happened, it's time to move on.

Blacks - like whites - can help themselves with education, skills, and waiting to have children they can afford with more fathers in the home.

However, you are right in saying "until we reckon with our compounding moral debts, America will never be whole."

It just goes much further and covers a lot more ground.
Leon Ardo

Chantilly, VA

#1141895 May 26, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure. But something tells me that day will never arrive. Too many socks have a psychotic need to have the last word.
You've never called me "sweetie," before...

St. Croix valley

#1141896 May 26, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Sadly, cotton planation owners in the south are responsible for slavery. Southern Democrats were responsible for Jim Crow laws. It was a Democratic president, Andrew Johnson, who took back the land - 40 acres and a mule - and gave it back to the slave owners.
The separate but equal mentality was most prominent in Southern states as well -- what history calls the Southern Democratic bloc. Had it not been for Democrats and Republicans (primarily) outside of the old south, blacks would still be struggling for civil rights.
But the moral debt has been paid. The overwhelming majority want blacks to have their rightful place in society and, because that has already happened, it's time to move on.
Blacks - like whites - can help themselves with education, skills, and waiting to have children they can afford with more fathers in the home.
However, you are right in saying "until we reckon with our compounding moral debts, America will never be whole."
It just goes much further and covers a lot more ground.
Oh sweetie...slavery is so ingrained in culture many more were responsible than just those few...even the founding fathers of the US condoned it and did it.

even that fake god you worship condoned it!

onhce again you prove you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.
Leon Ardo

Chantilly, VA

#1141897 May 26, 2014
Now 16, this relationship of ours was entirely unexpected by me but I feel I owe it to you to ensure that YOU have the last word. So that's the way it'll be... Did I mention that I fall in love quite frequently?... Did I mention that I'm good at it?...
Leon Ardo

Chantilly, VA

#1141898 May 26, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Jewish? Thanks for the laugh.
It was a shot in the dark, honey... I confess I'm baffled by you... are you from another planet?... I could make a cheap, tawdry play on words here but I want to show you that this is just a masque I wear... underneath I'm a classy, swell guy...(hold his hands about yea far apart...) I'm right about your feet though aren't I? It kind of sends a little shiver up your spine doesn't it?... Well doesn't it?...{whispers - "Seven days..." in answer to her unasked question about what's the longest period of uninterrupted cunnilingus you've ever engaged in...}

St. Croix valley

#1141899 May 26, 2014
Leon Ardo wrote:
Now 16, this relationship of ours was entirely unexpected by me but I feel I owe it to you to ensure that YOU have the last word. So that's the way it'll be... Did I mention that I fall in love quite frequently?... Did I mention that I'm good at it?...
good at disappointing women with your limp little penis? yes you are...

your sexual frustrations oozes from every post you make. as does your dangerous violent undertones...you are a menace to society.

Location hidden

#1141901 May 26, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>It's become much too big__with about 300.000 direct employees and only God knows the number of indirect, support etc etc. And then there are the facilities__constantly being upgraded in one way or another, parking is always scarce.
Whatever the VA was supposed to be__it sure as fk isn't. Some facilities are more reminiscent of mental hospitals.
Good for you. You finally understand why big government doesn't work either. But yet you somehow think Obamacare isn't going to become another overburdened, overbloated and inefficient bureaucracy?

The employer mandate hasn't even hit the fan yet. It was delayed for a reason.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1141902 May 26, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"uselessinceforever000 "
Quite a statement you make above. You can offer proof that republicans are;
- Responsible for the VA disaster?
- Democrats are completely without blame?
The proof would be interesting. Do not waste your time citing a left wing propaganda site.
Peace
KMA
GPUAR
Go back and reread my post. I said, "Republicans are trying to blame President Obama for the VA scandal that you and yours helped to create." I didn't say Democrats were without blame. I said they had "help" from your side. And, as I told you before, this has been an ongoing problem for decades.

How's this for an unbiased source...the attached link is a 2007 Veterans Affairs Audit of Veteran's Health Administration Outpatient Waitiing Times which determined that the VA's procedures for outpatient waiting times (30-120 days) were not being met. In fact, the report specifically states that "the accuracy of VHA's reported waiting times could not be relied on and the electronic waiting lists at those facilities were not complete." What did Bush do about the false reporting? Nothing.

http://www.va.gov/oig/52/reports/2007/VAOIG-0...
Leon Ardo

Chantilly, VA

#1141903 May 26, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>good at disappointing women with your limp little penis? yes you are...
your sexual frustrations oozes from every post you make. as does your dangerous violent undertones...you are a menace to society.
OMG! You are SUCH a buzzkill!... my dangerous, violent undertones? Oooooooooo that sounds... scary... Does that make me a... a.. terrorist, Tickers?... Just cause I can I'm gonna tell you sumthin' about women, Tickers, you seem confused about what motivates them... Contrary to your obvious belief they are NOT attracted to honorable upstanding responsible bird-watching crunts until they're at LEAST 40 years old..... Secondarily, if you DO have children, did you ever wonder why they had kinky black hair?... Sounds like a crude insult on the face of it, but... think about it... that's all I'm saying... you're Polish, dude...

Location hidden

#1141904 May 26, 2014
TPRTY wrote:
<quoted text>
You're the perfect example of the new left -- government coerced conformity of thought. Do any of you have differing opinions on anything political?
If the media had the guts to treat Obama like they treated Bush, your half white, far left, Muslim sympathizer of a president would be under a desk in the Oval Office whimpering like a spanked child.
Barack ¨Who, Me?¨ Obama, finger-pointer and blame-layer extraordinaire...oh yeah, let's not forget Liar of the Year.
That 'bout covers it. He should have tried to make it in Hollywood. Certainly has the ego to fit right in.
Leon Ardo

Chantilly, VA

#1141905 May 26, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Good for you. You finally understand why big government doesn't work either. But yet you somehow think Obamacare isn't going to become another overburdened, overbloated and inefficient bureaucracy?
The employer mandate hasn't even hit the fan yet. It was delayed for a reason.
Hey, carol... I've got this weird opportunity to take both of you clowns out but I've decided to let you make the call. Thumbs up or thumbs down kid?... Should I let you ()? Or Tickers?....
Leon Ardo

Chantilly, VA

#1141906 May 26, 2014
I KNOW you've fallen in love with me... against your better judgement but I can feel your heart beating faster... Well that's good, at least we'll start as equals...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 38 min Trojan 32,613
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr NEMO 312,833
News Western Michigan heads to Illinois as a favorite Wed Go Blue Forever 59
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Tue ChristineM 258,041
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Dec 5 Yin 17
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Nov 28 Local Warming 10,371
Should child beauty pageants be banned? (Sep '14) Nov 22 Heatherfeather 780
More from around the web