Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1681822 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1142217 May 27, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
How the NRA Rewrote the Second Amendment
The Founders never intended to create an unregulated individual right to a gun. Today, millions believe they did. Here’s how it happened.
Read more: http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2014/0...
brilliant-interesting-helpfull
TPRTY

United States

#1142218 May 27, 2014
CNN distilled [this entry] from Rodger’s manifesto, dated June 4, 2011:

“I was desperate to have the life I know I deserve; a life of being wanted by attractive girls, a life of sex and love. Other men are able to have such a life … so why not me? I deserve it! I am magnificent, no matter how much the world treated me otherwise. I am destined for great things.”

He would give “the world one last chance,” he wrote.“If I still have to suffer the same rejection and injustice even after I move to Santa Barbara, then that will be the last straw. I will have my vengeance.”

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#1142219 May 27, 2014
No Freeman shall ever be disbarred from the use of arms. Arms in the hands of citizens may be used at individual discretion in private self-defense.
-= Unknown =-
Thomas Jefferson
Loretta Lopez

New York, NY

#1142220 May 27, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>when did she HAVE credibility?...her first two posts?
At this point, what diffence it make?
Loretta Lopez

New York, NY

#1142221 May 27, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure tea bag azzhole a used BMW his mom BOUGHT, and 5k doesn't mean you are 'rolling pretty high'. The kid was sick and had access to weaponry. More regulations on the car his mommy bought than the fkn guns he bought.
Wasn't the kid just a descendent of the liberal Hollywood elite who became wealthy by promoting and glorifying violence? You know, the same group who hates the NRA.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1142222 May 27, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Man are you a brainwashed libtard!!!
Quotes by Thomas Jefferson
No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
-= Unknown =-
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
-= Unknown =-
SUPREME COURT OF THE UNITED STATES

DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, et al., PETITIONERS v. DICK ANTHONY HELLER

Justice Scalia delivered the opinion of the Court.

"There seems to us no doubt, on the basis of both text and history, that the Second Amendment conferred an individual right to keep and bear arms. Of course the right was not unlimited, just as the First Amendment ’s right of free speech was not, see, e.g., United States v. Williams, 553 U. S.___(2008). Thus, we do not read the Second Amendment to protect the right of citizens to carry arms for any sort of confrontation, just as we do not read the First Amendment to protect the right of citizens to speak for any purpose."

http://www.law.cornell.edu/supct/html/07-290....
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1142223 May 27, 2014
: "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

This quotation has not been found in any of the writings of Thomas Jefferson.

http://www.monticello.org/site/jefferson/stro...

“fairtax.org”

Gauley Bridge WV

#1142224 May 27, 2014
But ambitious encroachments of the federal government, on the authority of the State governments, would not excite the opposition of a single State, or of a few States only. They would be signals of general alarm... But what degree of madness could ever drive the federal government to such an extremity.
-= Federalist No. 46, January 29, 1788 =-
James Madison
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1142225 May 27, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
If a person is hellbent on killing; he will find a way to do it. Most crazed killers are not worrying about consequences and the police can't go around arresting everyone who talks crazy talk either.
The way I see this situation is that perhaps the family could have Baker Acted him and confiscated his guns; but he could have signed himself out after 24 hours.
Sad to say; you can't stop crazy. This was a horrible event.
Cali has a form of Baker act__LPS I think it's called.

A 72 Hour psychiatric evaluation hold__and your sign out info is incorrect unless the staff psychiatrist personally authorizes the release. They rarely do__too risky.

Rodgers was batcht crazy__way out over the edge but moms love their sons.

“fairtax.org”

Gauley Bridge WV

#1142226 May 27, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
SUPREME COURT OF THE UNITED STATES
DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, et al., PETITIONERS v. DICK ANTHONY HELLER
Justice Scalia delivered the opinion of the Court.
"There seems to us no doubt, on the basis of both text and history, that the Second Amendment conferred an individual right to keep and bear arms. Of course the right was not unlimited, just as the First Amendment ’s right of free speech was not, see, e.g., United States v. Williams, 553 U. S.___(2008). Thus, we do not read the Second Amendment to protect the right of citizens to carry arms for any sort of confrontation, just as we do not read the First Amendment to protect the right of citizens to speak for any purpose."
http://www.law.cornell.edu/supct/html/07-290....
Thanks for proving my point!
TPRTY

United States

#1142228 May 27, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama did not say he would end the war in Afghanistan in his first term. He said from the very beginning he would end the war in Iraw and move troops to Afghanistan.
¨[The] core plan on his Web site is as plain as day: Obama would “immediately begin to remove our troops from Iraq. He will remove one to two combat brigades each month, and have all of our combat brigades out of Iraq within 16 months.”

[The] 16 month withdrawal plan was not realistic. To save face, Obama re-designated the 7 remaining combat brigades still in Iraq after his artificial 16 month deadline as “Advise and Assist Brigades,” and declared his scheduled end to the war in Iraq on August 31, 2011.¨

You leftists can praise the Obama Iraq withdrawal all you want, but it was accomplished right on schedule — a schedule established by Bush, not Obama.

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2008/11/18/56110/u...
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1142229 May 27, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> If you want the government to take 80% of your money go for it.
30 Percent of Entire Year Goes to Taxes
Tuesday, 15 Apr 2014 07:25 AM
By Lowell Ponte
Share:
Get Short Link | Email Article | Comment | Contact Us | Print | A A
inShare
How much tax are you paying? How much is government taking out of your life?
These are trick questions because, truth be told, nobody can answer them with certainty.
The Tax Foundation calculates that “Tax Freedom Day,” the day you cease being a serf for Uncle Sam and begin working for yourself and your family, for the average American is April 21.
By this measure, just paying your taxes to federal, state, and local governments takes an average of 111 days — three days longer than last year, and more than 30 percent of your entire year.
This burden varies widely by state, the Tax Foundation calculates. In the lowest-taxed state, Louisiana, Tax Freedom Day arrived on March 30. In the highest-taxed states, Connecticut and New Jersey, taxpayers will labor until May 9, to pay what their politicians demand.
We pay in servitude for ever-larger government. As the Tax Foundation found, in 1900 Americans paid less than 6 percent of their income to the government, and the liberation of Tax Freedom Day for most was Jan. 22, just three weeks into the 52-week year.
The taxes we now see, however, are only a fraction of our total government bondage. The Tax Foundation estimates that if we include the delayed taxation of federal government borrowing, Tax Freedom Day slides to May 6.
When John F. Kennedy was president, more than 50 cents of every tax dollar went for national defense.
Today, more than 70 cents of every tax dollar go for “transfer payments,” taking money from the pockets of some to redistribute it into the pockets of others whom the politicians deem more worthy.
The group Americans for Tax Reform calculates the “Cost of Government Day,” taking into account the de facto taxation of mandates through which government simply commands companies and individuals to spend money on things the politicians want, such as the private health insurance policies under Obamacare.
When people are required to spend their own money on things mandated by government, their earnings are confiscated as surely as taxes would do.
In 2013, Cost of Government Day in 2013 fell on July 13 for the average American, who worked more than half of the year just to pay for taxes plus government regulations.
After more than 100 years on the progressive road to serfdom, the average American now labors more than half his or her working life just to pay what the political ruling elite demands.
In effect, we have created a new kind of slavery in pursuit of failed progressive ideology.
Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/LowellPonte/taxes-gdp-...
Urgent: Should Obamacare Be Repealed? Vote Here Now!
Is that the same Lowell Ponte from Radio Right???

“fairtax.org”

Gauley Bridge WV

#1142230 May 27, 2014
Each State, in ratifying the Constitution, is considered as a sovereign body, independent of all others, and only to be bound by its own voluntary act. In this relation, then, the new Constitution will, if established, be a FEDERAL, and not a NATIONAL constitution.
-= Federalist No. 39, January 1788 =-
James Madison
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1142231 May 27, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Thanks for proving my point!
you don't know how happy it makes me to see that we agree that the right to bear arms is limited.
TPRTY

United States

#1142232 May 27, 2014
A Big ¨Oops?¨

(CNN)-- The White House accidentally revealed the name of the CIA's top intelligence official in Afghanistan to some 6,000 journalists.

Democrat administration - Oops! An accidental revelation. Sorry.

GOP administration - OMG! Massive stupidity! Treasonous! Heads must roll!

“fairtax.org”

Gauley Bridge WV

#1142233 May 27, 2014
he powers delegated by the proposed Constitution to the federal government are few and defined. Those which are to remain in the State governments are numerous and indefinite.
-= Federalist No. 45, January 26, 1788 =-
James Madison

“fairtax.org”

Gauley Bridge WV

#1142234 May 27, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
you don't know how happy it makes me to see that we agree that the right to bear arms is limited.
Moran!
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1142235 May 27, 2014
TPRTY wrote:
A Big ¨Oops?¨
(CNN)-- The White House accidentally revealed the name of the CIA's top intelligence official in Afghanistan to some 6,000 journalists.

You have psychological issues. Seek help.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1142236 May 27, 2014
flack wrote:
No Freeman shall ever be disbarred from the use of arms. Arms in the hands of citizens may be used at individual discretion in private self-defense.
-= Unknown =-
Thomas Jefferson
Jefferson said the former. didn't even say the latter. not did anyone else

The correct quote:

To suppose arms in the hands of citizens, to be used at individual discretion, except in private self-defense, or by partial orders of towns, countries or districts of a state, is to demolish every constitution, and lay the laws prostrate, so that liberty can be enjoyed by no man; it is a dissolution of the government. The fundamental law of the militia is, that it be created, directed and commanded by the laws, and ever for the support of the laws.
---John Adams, A Defence of the Constitutions of the United States 475 (1787-1788)

maybe you should trash that right wing chain email. or keep looking the fool. makes no never mind to me. i'm having fun.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1142237 May 27, 2014
TPRTY wrote:
A Big ¨Oops?¨
did they do it on purpose?

Fox News exploited the Obama administration's accidental exposure of a CIA operative's identity, using it as an opportunity to minimize the Bush administration's culpability in deliberately exposing former CIA operative Valerie Plame's identity as political retribution in 2003.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2014/05/27/fox-n...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 min Sasyjm 326,168
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 6 hr You taste good 35,347
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) 7 hr Sweet 293
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Tue hojo 12,044
News Horsechief commits to Pacific (Mar '06) Jan 4 NicePhartts 8
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Dec 24 Randy from Wooster 201,884
News Girl Charged After Sending Explicit Selfie: 'I'... Dec 23 Ink Pharted 4
More from around the web