Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1252390 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Brad

Marlborough, CT

#1139853 May 21, 2014
Eman wrote:
"US temperatures through April 26 are third coldest on record, just barely behind 1899 and 1912"
What does all this conflicting information mean? We really don't know sht about "climate change"
What we do know is the same liberal grifters that started this con in the 70's are still at it today,only the goal posts keep getting moved.
In the 70's the acid rain was gonna wipe out our water supplies and the rain forests.
When that didn't pan out for them it was the coming ice age.
Then they pivoted to global warming when the ice age was a wash.
Climate change,climate disruption and whatever other scams they try to run to regulate and tax Americans on what boils down to junk science.

Just call it what it is,climate with a tax.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1139854 May 21, 2014
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't disappear, just had to cut way back on electronic devices. I saw a video on Facebook where every scene showed people staring at their smart phones and I thought "that's me"! Besides, the wife threatened to castrate if I didn't. LOL (I'm a recovering electronics junkie)
Relapse.
Patriot

Longmont, CO

#1139855 May 21, 2014
Air Force Bombshell: Admits They Can Control Weather - HAARP

http://wwwwakeupamericans-spree.blogspot.com/...

The picture reminds me of "smoke & mirrors" - http://educate-yourself.org/cn/projectbluebea...
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1139856 May 21, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
On April 10, 2004, the Bush White House declassified that daily brief — and only that daily brief — in response to pressure from the 9/11 Commission, which was investigating the events leading to the attack. Administration officials dismissed the document’s significance, saying that, despite the jaw-dropping headline, it was only an assessment of Al Qaeda’s history, not a warning of the impending attack. While some critics considered that claim absurd, a close reading of the brief showed that the argument had some validity.
That is, unless it was read in conjunction with the daily briefs preceding Aug. 6, the ones the Bush administration would not release. While those documents are still not public, I have read excerpts from many of them, along with other recently declassified records, and come to an inescapable conclusion: the administration’s reaction to what Mr. Bush was told in the weeks before that infamous briefing reflected significantly more negligence than has been disclosed. In other words, the Aug. 6 document, for all of the controversy it provoked, is not nearly as shocking as the briefs that came before it.
The direct warnings to Mr. Bush about the possibility of a Qaeda attack began in the spring of 2001. By May 1, the Central Intelligence Agency told the White House of a report that “a group presently in the United States” was planning a terrorist operation. Weeks later, on June 22, the daily brief reported that Qaeda strikes could be “imminent,” although intelligence suggested the time frame was flexible.
But some in the administration considered the warning to be just bluster. An intelligence official and a member of the Bush administration both told me in interviews that the neoconservative leaders who had recently assumed power at the Pentagon were warning the White House that the C.I.A. had been fooled; according to this theory, Bin Laden was merely pretending to be planning an attack to distract the administration from Saddam Hussein, whom the neoconservatives saw as a greater threat. Intelligence officials, these sources said, protested that the idea of Bin Laden, an Islamic fundamentalist, conspiring with Mr. Hussein, an Iraqi secularist, was ridiculous, but the neoconservatives’ suspicions were nevertheless carrying the day.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/11/opinion/the...
Hi there Thread moron & spammer.

NY Times using the phrase "neoconservatives".

How incredible, just like you son.

So tell us boy, how did Obozo fail? The boy failed, just like you did in life.
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1139857 May 21, 2014
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
Relapse.
You are an idiot Grey Ghost.

Lowlife Democrat fore sure!

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1139858 May 21, 2014
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
Relapse.
No. Your obsession hasn't stopped for a relapse to occur.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1139859 May 21, 2014
Brad wrote:
<quoted text>
What we do know is the same liberal grifters that started this con in the 70's are still at it today,only the goal posts keep getting moved.
In the 70's the acid rain was gonna wipe out our water supplies and the rain forests.
When that didn't pan out for them it was the coming ice age.
Then they pivoted to global warming when the ice age was a wash.
Climate change,climate disruption and whatever other scams they try to run to regulate and tax Americans on what boils down to junk science.
Just call it what it is,climate with a tax.
We used to joke that the democrats would tax air if they could.

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1139860 May 21, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Well gee son. You blamed CRA for the financial debacle.
A lot of people do.

In 1995, President Clinton made the CRA ratings available on a public website. With better public access to CRA ratings, community activist groups started pressurizing banks to make more of these unsafe loans.

But prior to 1992, the banks that made CRA loans had to accept the risk of those loans. Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac would not purchase these loans because the loans didn't meet their guidelines. However, the Federal Housing Enterprises Financial Safety and Soundness Act of 1992 changed this by requiring Fannie and Freddie to purchase CRA loans.

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2011-10-14/n...

Apparently so did the Washington Post...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/...

...among many others.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1139861 May 21, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, well, I'm hardly crushed that a imbecile like you is so envious of my freedom to go and stay where and when I choose. Maybe in your next life you will make some good choices and have the same freedoms. I live here idiot...But I will be heading back to California for a couple months maybe around August, I tell you this only because I realize how envious and just how much it hurts idiots like you and Gunner who unfortunately have never been able to find or figure out what happiness is all about.Just a couple of miserable losers.. YAHOO me happy you not so much.
Hee, Hee.

Rant much?

Practice makes perfect.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.. ...

Lapeer, MI

#1139862 May 21, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>and yet you blame obama for everything on this planet, including the benghazi attack...
your bias is showing...along with your stupidity.
Mr. Conservative speaks again!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... .

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#1139863 May 21, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks...But I know that I was just trying to encourage, Anyone that knocks Galt is a friend of mine. He is one disgusting lowlife. Or no life would be far more suitable.
Great video, check it out sambo:

http://americanoverlook.com/thug-picks-fight-...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1139864 May 21, 2014
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, April is not a winter month. I like how they use years IN the 20th century to get you alarmists all hot and bothered (get it? HOT and bothered)
i like how you use few months out of the year to prove there is no global warming.

but that happens every year on FOX; It's cold outside, so....!!!', whilst they don't mention that Alaska is 50 degrees warmer than Chicago.

Lapeer, MI

#1139865 May 21, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Fox News. Really Flack?
I just l;ove this line in your f*cked up article:
"The first rule of climate policy should be: do no harm to economic growth"
No No No No
The first ruile of Climate Change is to report as accurate estimate of the effects of climate change and then act as needed to prevent or lessen future harm to our grandchildren.
But hey, Flack, I expected that you would put more weight on your wallet than the wellbeing your children & their children.
My God you people are pathetic.
Look, whiner....if you find the truth repulsive then go find your boyfriend and stick somethng in your ears.

Lapeer, MI

#1139866 May 21, 2014
flack wrote:
nalysis
image of Roger Harrabin
Roger Harrabin
Environment analyst
The prognosis on the climate isn't good - but the doctor's changing his bedside manner with the people in charge of the planet's health.
The report's chair, Dr Chris Field, is worried that an apocalyptic tone will frighten politicians so much that they'll abandon the Earth to its fate.
There is nothing inevitable about the worst impacts on people and nature, Dr Field says. We can cut emissions to reduce the risks of catastrophe and adapt to some changes that will inevitably occur.
We have to re-frame climate change as an exciting challenge for the most creative minds.
Cutting local air pollution from, say coal, can also reduce carbon emissions that cause warming; creating decent homes for poor people in countries like Bangladesh can improve lives whilst removing them from the path of flood surges.
Some will criticise Dr Field for being too upbeat. But many politicians have gone deaf to the old-style warnings. Maybe it's worth a new approach.
The loons are losing it.
This is hilariously Progressive! They are grasping at straws:-)
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1139867 May 21, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi there Thread moron & spammer.
NY Times using the phrase "neoconservatives".
How incredible, just like you son.
So tell us boy, how did Obozo fail? The boy failed, just like you did in life.
did Mitt win?

fail indeed.

Lapeer, MI

#1139868 May 21, 2014
flack wrote:
Can anybody read this drivel without busting out laughing?
A perspective on the UK
David Shukman
Science editor, BBC News
British winters are likely to become milder and wetter like the last one but cold spells still need to be planned for, says the UK Met Office.
Summers are likely to be hotter and drier, but washouts are still on the cards, it adds.
The assessment of future weather extremes finds the role of human influence is "detectable" in summer heatwaves and in intense rainfall.
However, the Met Office says a lot more work must be done to confirm the links.
If the study is correct, it means everything from gumboots to snowploughs and sunscreen to anoraks will still be needed.
Yes, we have no bananas today:->

This sounds right off the teleprompter at one of the Magic Negro's Press Conference Proclamations.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1139869 May 21, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i like how you use few months out of the year to prove there is no global warming.
but that happens every year on FOX; It's cold outside, so....!!!', whilst they don't mention that Alaska is 50 degrees warmer than Chicago.
Fox who?

Lapeer, MI

#1139871 May 21, 2014
flack wrote:
Can anybody read this drivel without busting out laughing?
A perspective on the UK
David Shukman
Science editor, BBC News
British winters are likely to become milder and wetter like the last one but cold spells still need to be planned for, says the UK Met Office.
Summers are likely to be hotter and drier, but washouts are still on the cards, it adds.
The assessment of future weather extremes finds the role of human influence is "detectable" in summer heatwaves and in intense rainfall.
However, the Met Office says a lot more work must be done to confirm the links.
If the study is correct, it means everything from gumboots to snowploughs and sunscreen to anoraks will still be needed.
Magic Negro: "I and my fellow Nobel Laureate algore believe we'll all die tomorrow but the good news is that none of us will have to pay funeral expenses"

Progressive humor is all around us lately.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1139872 May 21, 2014
Eman wrote:
"US temperatures through April 26 are third coldest on record, just barely behind 1899 and 1912"
What does all this conflicting information mean? We really don't know sht about "climate change"
cite it?

i guess you're done giving me grief about biased sites.

Lapeer, MI

#1139873 May 21, 2014
flack wrote:
I believe the most solemn duty of the American president is to protect the American people. If America shows uncertainty and weakness in this decade, the world will drift toward tragedy. This will not happen on my watch.
George W. Bush
Uh he was right. We now have a clown as president and the world is headed towards tragedy.
Few truer words were ever uttered.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 hr Aura Mytha 243,503
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Sun Earthling-1 6,277
The Email Address Debacle: Did Hillary Do Somet... Sun GoGoGrandMaHillary 1,653
News Trail Blazers 'like what Tim Frazier brings' at... Sat Fartman 2
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Jul 4 tom wingo 29,828
News Giddens Leads New Mexico Over UNLV, 59-45 (Mar '08) Jul 2 Fartman 24
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jun 30 KeS 201,820
More from around the web