Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1643684 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1141009 May 24, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
A lieutenant colonel is a good rank for anyone in a long time. I assume you never made it past Captain or Sergeant, or lower. That's OK though because we need people like you too. Somebody has to do the menial role.
awwww.... I bet you never made it past cannon fodder in the ruskie army son!
Barney Fwank

Huntington Beach, CA

#1141010 May 24, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope it's not Galt. That old man pusssccceee knows better than to talk back to me. It's just that other lil jagoff old man nostrilfuckface. He will be retrained post haste
Morning Ma'am, you slurpin down a load of Grey Ghosts love juice for breakfast? Washing it down with a Bloody Mary from your dads wringed out tampon?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1141011 May 24, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Dolt. If you compare Bush's record over the eight year term to Obama, Obama has presided over a sustained decline, whereas Bush's term was better.
You Democrat Kool-Aid drinkers just love to spin & lie for your Communist Party.
lol! bushie boy "was better'... bushie boy "was better"....

My daddy's bigger than your daddy... my daddy's bigger than your daddy....

poor little ruskie. his backward training is really showing now!
Barney Fwank

Huntington Beach, CA

#1141012 May 24, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
In your case it certainly is Galt.
You still working the Gloooory Hole from dems trailer? You have 3 customers, lily , sonicfagbreath and RealDumb
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1141013 May 24, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>awwww.... I bet you never made it past cannon fodder in the ruskie army son!

Waxazz never served a minute he is way to chickensh1t. But does he love our military when he can use us, typical Republican.
Barney Fwank

Huntington Beach, CA

#1141014 May 24, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
In your case it certainly is Galt.
You couldn't afford the space rent at the trailer park in Lake Elsinore so you had to move back to mommys? Go change your Turd bag moron, it's filled with your brains again
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1141015 May 24, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Dolt. If you compare Bush's record over the eight year term to Obama, Obama has presided over a sustained decline, whereas Bush's term was better.
You Democrat Kool-Aid drinkers just love to spin & lie for your Communist Party.
Only the most clueless and fact deprived imbecile could really believe that crap.But I will admit you are over qualified.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1141016 May 24, 2014
Barney Fwank wrote:
<quoted text>You couldn't afford the space rent at the trailer park in Lake Elsinore so you had to move back to mommys? Go change your Turd bag moron, it's filled with your brains again
Try googling Tuscany Hills loser.
Patricia Harrison

Southfield, MI

#1141017 May 24, 2014
R12 Freon wrote:
<quoted text>
Well biological and chemical research sites were found. Do you really think saddam hussein didn't have those types of programs working or trying to obtain them? Don't be stupid. He just didn't have anything significant. Besides that's all top secret anyways.
Iraq was a beachhead. It's strategy I doubt you can comprehend.
Well... to be frank it's a strategy NOBODY can understand... why start a war if you're just going to lose it?... except for the Mouse That Roared mentality,of course... what would be the point?... Sounds expensive too? But I grant you, it does appear to be the primary strategy of the united states from its inception: start wars for nothing and then lose them... Go back to the beginning for goodness sakes, it was for the sake of a few pennies the greedy colonials revolted against their British betters... the same Brits who fought their wars for them which they were too weak and disorganized to do themselves... hell, the only reason the colonials ever defeated the British was the arrival of the French... some strategy that is!

Actually, what happened on Sept 11 was that the military industrials and the bankers saw a way to gin up another war which is good for the speedy redistribution of wealth... again... Prior to that point President Clinton had managed a draw-down in american military forces that would've mandated troop levels far below anything the nation had seen in a century... a development NOT good for business... so business did what it always does.. it went out and bought millions of cheap plastic american flags and stuck them everywhere... then it claimed some sort of legitimacy... "Saudi Arabia attacked us so it only makes sense we clean up that mess in Iraq after all it's so close..." and finally, fear... "Weapons of mass destruction... the sky is falling... QUICK! DO SOMETHING.. ANYTHING...

Conservatives no matter of what stripe, are scum. It's just what they are... even a "strategy" that involves lying, cheating, stealing, murdering, and losing over and over and over again is here defended by one of the faithful whose premise is: even if I have no idea what's going on on the planet, I insist I have a right to defend it at the top of my lungs... whatever it is... They have uniforms on for goodness sakes, they MUST know what they're doing?...
Patricia Harrison

Southfield, MI

#1141018 May 24, 2014
I mean, look at carol in here... here's a woman who has no earthly idea how to boil an egg by her own admission and she's out there every day carrying the banner for involving ourselves in this foreign adventure or that as if she invented the pup-tent... If President Obama is going to be held to a professional standard that decries inexperience shouldn't we shovel her fat ass downstairs at the same time for the same reason? The simple fact is that the other team shows up at the wrong field on the wrong day for the wrong reasons and produces the wrong result... hell, they even forget the ball generally...
Barney Fwank

Huntington Beach, CA

#1141019 May 24, 2014
I love the smell of smoked Lib in the morning
Patricia Harrison

Southfield, MI

#1141020 May 24, 2014
Barney Fwank wrote:
I love the smell of smoked Lib in the morning
Well, one thing's for sure, you smell. In fact you sorta smell like electron to me today? Your posts are all his sort of poopy, doo-doo, 87 year old man stuff today? Not necessarily a comparison which reflects well upon you, cracker...
Patricia Harrison

Southfield, MI

#1141021 May 24, 2014
Speaking of conservative women, let's say you got drunk and married a woman with no vagina... She has to shave twice a day, and has a penis three times the size of yours and it's black... Why is it that conservatives have soo much difficulty admitting they married a man?...
Realtime

Deland, FL

#1141022 May 24, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
We always referred to Long Binh as the Repo Depot.
The home of the Loon Foon restaurant, where reservations were recommended.
Carol

Palm Coast, FL

#1141023 May 24, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Where's the lies Carol? The Serbians were in Fact Christians and their targets were Muslims.
In Africa Christians have been every bit as brutal as Muslims. I condemn both sides for their intolerance especially as regards to gays and lesbians who are persecuted in both Muslim and Christian countries.
The real problem is the intertwining of religion with government. In order for everyone's beliefs to be protected is for both religion and government to hold each other at arm's reach.
That was the problem in the Middle Ages where certain sects and denominations were officially sanctioned by government. It wasn't only Catholics who were guilty of this, Protestants did their own share of persecution and atrocities.
"Where's the lies Carol?" Barack Hussein Obama: "Lie of the Year"... How's that for a starter? LOL You're an idiot!
DEMidiots

Palm Coast, FL

#1141024 May 24, 2014
GOPidiots wrote:
<quoted text>
If Carol believes that, then she's certainly admitting that the VA is just another problem Bush couldn't fix that he handed off to Obama....2 wars, budget deficit, spiking unemployment, collapsed economy, wall street crash.
Obama couldn't fix what? Bwhahahahahahahahaha...
Connie Servative

Palm Coast, FL

#1141025 May 24, 2014
Patricia Harrison wrote:
<quoted text>
Well... to be frank it's a strategy NOBODY can understand... why start a war if you're just going to lose it?... except for the Mouse That Roared mentality,of course... what would be the point?... Sounds expensive too? But I grant you, it does appear to be the primary strategy of the united states from its inception: start wars for nothing and then lose them... Go back to the beginning for goodness sakes, it was for the sake of a few pennies the greedy colonials revolted against their British betters... the same Brits who fought their wars for them which they were too weak and disorganized to do themselves... hell, the only reason the colonials ever defeated the British was the arrival of the French... some strategy that is!
Actually, what happened on Sept 11 was that the military industrials and the bankers saw a way to gin up another war which is good for the speedy redistribution of wealth... again... Prior to that point President Clinton had managed a draw-down in american military forces that would've mandated troop levels far below anything the nation had seen in a century... a development NOT good for business... so business did what it always does.. it went out and bought millions of cheap plastic american flags and stuck them everywhere... then it claimed some sort of legitimacy... "Saudi Arabia attacked us so it only makes sense we clean up that mess in Iraq after all it's so close..." and finally, fear... "Weapons of mass destruction... the sky is falling... QUICK! DO SOMETHING.. ANYTHING...
Conservatives no matter of what stripe, are scum. It's just what they are... even a "strategy" that involves lying, cheating, stealing, murdering, and losing over and over and over again is here defended by one of the faithful whose premise is: even if I have no idea what's going on on the planet, I insist I have a right to defend it at the top of my lungs... whatever it is... They have uniforms on for goodness sakes, they MUST know what they're doing?...
You voted for the Lie of the Year recipient. Your opinions are without value.
Connie Servative

Palm Coast, FL

#1141027 May 24, 2014
Patricia Harrison wrote:
Speaking of conservative women, let's say you got drunk and married a woman with no vagina... She has to shave twice a day, and has a penis three times the size of yours and it's black... Why is it that conservatives have soo much difficulty admitting they married a man?...
Have you noticed I'm a looney liberal Obama worshipping pervert?(I'm probably dem, too!)

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1141029 May 24, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>
The VA is just a trial run for the ACA.
If the American people are stupid enough to accept the crummy performance of the VA, pushing government medicine under the ACA will be a breeze.
Bend over and prepare to be screwed.
Personally, I believe the DECADES OLD PROBLEM with the VA can be used as a good argument against the Republican plan to allow insurance companies to sell their product across state lines making it a form of interstate commerce regulated by the federal government instead of states. Doing away with state regulation doesn't sound like such a good idea after all now does it?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1141030 May 24, 2014
House Directs Pentagon To Ignore Climate Change

The House passed an amendment to the National Defense Authorization bill on Thursday that would bar the Department of Defense from using funds to assess climate change and its implications for national security.

The amendment, from Rep. David McKinley (R-W.Va.), passed in what was nearly a party-line vote. Four Democrats voted for the amendment, and three Republicans voted against it. The bill aims to block the DOD from taking any significant action related to climate change or its potential consequences.

"This amendment will prohibit the costs of the President's climate change policies being forced on the Department of Defense by the Obama Administration," wrote McKinley in a memo to House colleagues on Thursday that was obtained by The Huffington Post. "The climate is obviously changing; it has always been changing. With all the unrest around the [world], why should Congress divert funds from the mission of our military and national security to support a political ideology?"

Research suggests, however, that the Department of Defense has a number of reasons to be worried about climate change. The department said in its own evaluation last year that climate change presents infrastructure challenges at home and abroad. Meanwhile, a March Pentagon report found that climate change impacts are "threat multipliers," and that the rapid rise of global temperatures and associated extreme weather events could exacerbate issues like "poverty, environmental degradation, political instability and social tensions -- conditions that can enable terrorist activity and other forms of violence."

Nor is climate change a threat that the Obama administration dreamed up to distract the DOD. A National Intelligence Assessment issued during the George W. Bush administration concluded that climate change poses a significant threat to national security. And just this week, Tom Ridge, who served as homeland security secretary under Bush, said that climate change is "a real serious problem," one that "would bring destruction and economic damage" if we ignore it.

Reps. Henry Waxman (D-Calif.) and Bobby Rush (D-Ill.) sent a letter to colleagues on Thursday calling the McKinley measure "irresponsible."

"Science denial will not solve the problem," they wrote.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/23/pent...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 min Susanm 320,396
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 1 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 11,806
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 4 hr Trojan 34,849
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Nov 9 Randy-From-Wooster 201,885
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Sep '17 Alice Meng 13
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Sep '17 The pope 258,482
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Sep '17 Love 292
More from around the web