Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1785720 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1139920 May 21, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Divert all you want to but you got my point, Dood.
point? after i saw your wishful thinking i was done trying to discern a point of any sort from that post.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1139921 May 21, 2014
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right, you are only 1/2 liberal.
sonic is also a 1/2 Wit
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1139922 May 21, 2014
Where Do Vets Stand on Shinseki?

Out of the total group polled, only 17 percent believed that Secretary Shinseki should resign. A whopping 60 percent said he should not resign, with 23 percent saying they weren't sure yet.

The American Legion has called on Shinseki to resign. As of yet, I don't believe they asked their members if they agreed. So, we decided to. Of those on our list who also are members of the American Legion, only 17 percent backed the Legion's call for Shinseki to resign. Sixty-four percent said he should not resign, with 19 percent saying they weren't yet sure.

And of those who receive care at the VA, again, there was no overwhelming call for Shinseki to step down. Sixty-two percent said he should not resign. Twenty-four percent said they weren't sure, with the remainder, just 14 percent, saying he should. That's interesting, in that those who actually receive VA care are the least likely to say Shinseki should resign. Listening to the news, you would think that those who get VA care would be up in arms, with torches and pitchforks, calling for Shinseki's head. That just isn't the case.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jon-soltz/where...

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1139923 May 21, 2014
Even some Democrats are becoming ankle biters...

USA Today
May 21, 2014

The president promised to hold those responsible accountable, which perhaps made his praise for VA Secretary Eric Shinseki, the man ultimately in charge, awkward. After Obama praised the former Army general for pouring his "heart and soul" into the VA, one of his fellow Democrats, Rep. John Barrow of Georgia, suggested it wasn't enough.

Fellow Georgia Democrat Rep. David Scott followed with a floor speech in which he called for Obama to fire Shinseki and expressed dismay that president was showing "no urgency."

"Unfortunately, this administration has fallen short in providing the kind of care that our veterans have earned," Barrow, a perennial vulnerable Democrat, said in a statement. "While I don't think a change in leadership will immediately solve the serious problems that plague the VA, I do think it's time to give someone else an opportunity to lead the agency and begin the rebuilding process to ensure these issues never happen again."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2...

Maybe we should have elected one of these two Democrats instead.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1139924 May 21, 2014
Angela wrote:
<quoted text> That's what wise people said about a second term for Obama.
Uh huh.....

That's why reich wingers are fighting tooth and nail to keep Obama from a third term!

Location hidden

#1139925 May 21, 2014
Even more bad news on the horizon...

Washington Examiner
April 29, 2014

Disillusioned with President Obama and distrustful of Washington, the youngest of voters are leaving the Democrats and turning to the Republicans, another danger sign that the Senate might be ripe for the GOPís taking, according to a comprehensive new Harvard University poll.

The poll done by students with the John F. Kennedy School of Government's Institute of Politics also found that young Democrats are far less enthusiastic about voting in the midterm elections than Republicans and that only one in four younger voters even plan to vote in the fall.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/harvard-young-a...

http://www.iop.harvard.edu/Spring-2014-Harvar...

Hate to be the bearer of bad news...even though we should all be used to it by now...

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#1139926 May 21, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
"Climate with a tax." Will have to remember that one.
Thought what I posted the other day - if liberals can't control it, they tax it - was pretty clever...
...but yours is better.
Well Australia has a new PM who is a tea bagger in disguise and he has tried to drop the carbon tax there 2 times already and the people won't let him.

Something you might learn from that, he was elected by default because the non conservatives self destructed changing leaders every other month and so he was elected on a belief he might bring stable government. Only his ideas belong in the 1950's much like your own and everything he tries gets blocked in the upper house. How many countries in the world would people come out protesting on the streets to keep a tax, well they did there.

http://www.radioaustralia.net.au/internationa...
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1139927 May 21, 2014
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no source? LMAO
Hey sonic, do you want to break it to this idiot, or would you like me to?
So.. you're clapping and cheering for the 9/11 attacks now? Because you think bushie boy had 'intelligence?'

wow. And here I thought there was some semblance of 'smarts' in you.

I see you refuse it!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1139928 May 21, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Sonic shouldn't read the liberal squawking points to learn history.
The 9/11 Commission Report is easy to find.
He might actually learn what really happened.
And no one could have possibly known the day, time or targets even if bin Laden had sent Bush a memo the attack was "imminent" personally.
Tough to reconcile that with the facts of the time.

So... have you found bushie boy's report on the wmd's in iraq?

Location hidden

#1139929 May 21, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Today's PC Chicken Littles wear Lab Coats and Progressive Three-Piece Suits.
Kind of an awkward wardrobe combination. Do they have to tuck in the lab coat?

Lapeer, MI

#1139930 May 21, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
Interesting...
Chicago Tribune
May 21, 2014
"After keeping his mouth shut on that growing Veterans Affairs scandal for weeks, President Barack Obama finally acted.
"Not with deeds. But with words.
"The scandal involves reports of secret admissions lists, falsified data and some 40 veterans dying while waiting for treatment.
"So Obama did what he does best. He talked.
"He didn't fire Veterans Affairs Secretary Eric Shinseki. Firing Shinseki would suggest he was actually taking responsibility, rather than just talking about taking responsibility.
"So instead Obama did his thing with words.
"He's a talker, this President Windsock from Chicago, first leaning this way, then that, considering everything, lecturing, talking, talking, talking."
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/columnists...
Has the Chicago Tribune always been racist?
Talk is cheap.

That's why the Little Boy In The Big Pants does so much of it.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1139931 May 21, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
Even more bad news on the horizon...
Washington Examiner
April 29, 2014
Disillusioned with President Obama and distrustful of Washington, the youngest of voters are leaving the Democrats and turning to the Republicans, another danger sign that the Senate might be ripe for the GOPís taking, according to a comprehensive new Harvard University poll.
The poll done by students with the John F. Kennedy School of Government's Institute of Politics also found that young Democrats are far less enthusiastic about voting in the midterm elections than Republicans and that only one in four younger voters even plan to vote in the fall.
http://washingtonexaminer.com/harvard-young-a...
http://www.iop.harvard.edu/Spring-2014-Harvar...
Hate to be the bearer of bad news...even though we should all be used to it by now...
Funny....

... all you ever bring is bad news... er... opinions!!!!

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#1139932 May 21, 2014
That same tea bagger PM in Australia closed down the climate council in the first week he was elected because he didn't believe in climate change. This was an organisation of experts established to advise government on what steps they should take in addressing it.

The day he closed down the organisation, millions of dollars in donations come in from the Australian public to keep it going and still exists today.
So like tea baggers everywhere, it's a species very much in danger of extinction.

https://www.climatecouncil.org.au/

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1139933 May 21, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>So.. you're clapping and cheering for the 9/11 attacks now? Because you think bushie boy had 'intelligence?'
wow. And here I thought there wgas some semblance of 'smarts' in you.
I see you refuse it!
Yeah, run with that theory cause I just live for what you think.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1139934 May 21, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
oooohhhh...I did not know that...
Is that what they call the five recorded Ice Ages and the Earth being ice-free even at high altitudes in between too?
Liberals are just so...(what's the word?)...fascinating...sometim es.
The Eocene was especially disruptive.

Lapeer, MI

#1139935 May 21, 2014
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Australia has a new PM who is a tea bagger in disguise and he has tried to drop the carbon tax there 2 times already and the people won't let him.
Something you might learn from that, he was elected by default because the non conservatives self destructed changing leaders every other month and so he was elected on a belief he might bring stable government. Only his ideas belong in the 1950's much like your own and everything he tries gets blocked in the upper house. How many countries in the world would people come out protesting on the streets to keep a tax, well they did there.
http://www.radioaustralia.net.au/internationa...
People also protested in the streets for Prohibition, Jim Crow Laws and racial lynchings.

If some one else does it, it must be good, right? Europe taxes itself into bankruptcy and you jerks are all for it. Now...yer against austerity. Hee, Hee. You guys are freakin' juvenile crazies.

Why do you Progressives always follow anything that moves like a newborn chick does?

A little maturing is in order for you folks.

...make that a *lot*.

Lapeer, MI

#1139936 May 21, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Kind of an awkward wardrobe combination. Do they have to tuck in the lab coat?
Yeah...along with tucking their tails between their legs a lot:-)
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1139937 May 21, 2014
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, run with that theory cause I just live for what you think.
What makes you think it's a theory son?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1139938 May 21, 2014
I do so appreciate the yellow racing stripe running down the backs of reich wing whiners....

..... it's such a fashion statement!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1139939 May 21, 2014
lol! Ooooooooo! He just made the news by creating it!!!!!

I wonder if fart news will be showing it?

May 22, 2:34 AM EDT

Fox News anchor arrested at Minnesota airport
AP Photo
AP Photo/Anonymous

Fox News anchor arrested at Minnesota airport

ST. PAUL, Minn.(AP)-- Fox News anchor Gregg Jarrett was arrested at a Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport bar on Wednesday for refusing to cooperate with airport police who were called to the scene, an airport official said.

Jarrett was taken into custody at around 12:30 p.m. Wednesday at the Northern Lights Grill in the main terminal, Metropolitan Airports Commission spokesman Patrick Hogan said. He said the officers reported that Jarrett seemed intoxicated, acted belligerent and refused to follow orders.

Jarrett, 59, was booked into Hennepin County Jail on a preliminary charge of obstructing the legal process by interfering with a peace officer. His bond was set at $300.

A court appearance hadn't been scheduled, and it wasn't clear late Wednesday whether he had been released.

A Fox News spokeswoman, Irena Briganti, didn't immediately respond to an after-hours email seeking comment about the arrest.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 42 min zach 346,445
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 9 hr Chosen Traveler 36,123
News Racers' Stark opting for NBA opportunity Jun 20 Opting phartse 2
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Jun 10 hojo 12,419
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jun 5 Public Accommodation 201,480
do you need a loan (Sep '13) May 30 zan 5
News Carlisle's Fitzgerald signs to play at Norfolk ... May '18 Go phartse 4