Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1704885 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1139110 May 20, 2014
Our beloved gubbyMint would NEVER keep secrets from it's citizens!!!!

Agency Response Times to Archive’s FOIA Request

'Air Force - Education & Training ----- June 22, 1994 – April 11, 2005 '

http://www2.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB18...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1139111 May 20, 2014
Our beloved gubbyMint would NEVER keep secrets from it's citizens!!!!

transparency!!!!!!!

'Immigration and Customs Enforcement ---- February 8, 1994 – June 19, 2003'

lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1139112 May 20, 2014
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you mind limiting your spam to smaller word counts like fork's spam? It makes it easier to scroll past. Thank you.
I don't think he knows how
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1139113 May 20, 2014
If the phrekkin Dept of Agriculture can hide documents from us fro 6 years...lots and lots and lots of documents are never going to make it into the public domain....

'Dept. of Agriculture ----- February 11, 1998 – December 15, 2004 '

forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1139114 May 20, 2014
How can the EPA protect us or the environment when it takes 5 years to release information?

'Agency Response Times to Archive’s FOIA Request '

'Environmental Protection Agency ---- April 24, 1996 – March 12, 2001'

forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1139115 May 20, 2014
What is the Federal Rail Admin dealing with that they sit on documents for two years?

'Agency Response Times to Archive’s FOIA Request'

'Dept. of Transportation - Federal Rail Admin ---- December 10, 2003 – April 21, 2005'

Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#1139116 May 20, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
You're obsessed with the video Carol. The perpetrators of the attack Ansar al Sharia have a history of mounting attacks in response to perceived insults to the Prophet.
State Department regional security officer Eric Nordstrom said that the attack reminded him of a similar incident where an extremist group attacked the Tunisian consulate in Benghazi over "what they claimed was an anti-Islamic film. Here's what he had to say in congressional testimony;
The -- the first impression that I had was that it was going to be something similar to one of the brigades that we saw there, specifically the -- the brigade -- and it's been named in the press -- that came to my mind was Ansar al-Sharia.
It was a -- a unit or a group that Lieutenant Colonel Wood's personnel and I had -- had tracked for quite some time, we were concerned about. That specific group had been involved in a similar but obviously much smaller scale incident at the end of June involving the Tunisian consulate in Benghazi where they stormed that facility and it was in protest to what they claimed was an anti-Islamic film in Tunis.[House Oversight Committee hearing on consulate security in Benghazi, 10/11/12, via Nexis]
What's your evidence that the video played no role in the attack?
What's your evidence that documents are being withheld? You have none.
So why did they keep telling the lie about a video for weeks after the attack?
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1139117 May 20, 2014
What is the Dept of Interior doing that it takes three years to release a document?

'Department of Interior --- September 6, 2000 – August 20, 2003'

sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1139118 May 20, 2014
Benghazi v. Beirut

My uncle, President John F. Kennedy's Pulitzer Prize winning best-seller Profiles in Courage recounted the stories of courageous U.S. Senators -- Republicans and Democrats -- who chose patriotism over partisanship and sacrificed personal ambition to national welfare. The GOP's recent efforts to gin up presidential scandals in punitive hearings, media lynchings, and weekly calls for impeachment, evince a party-wide pathology that puts partisanship over patriotism. For Republicans who believe that patriotism ends with lapel pins and cowboy costumes, it might be useful to consider some historical examples of true patriotism by a political party.

At 6:22 a.m. on Sunday, October 23, 1983, a suicide bomber drove a six-ton truckload of high explosives through a lightly fortified plywood fence, past two marine guards with no bullets in their rifles, and detonated his payload at the Beirut airport. The largest non-nuclear explosion ever recorded toppled the four story U.S. marine barracks from its foundation and killed 241 sleeping soldiers. It was the deadliest day for the Marine Corps since Iwo Jima.

Ignoring protests by Congressional Democrats and his own Secretary of Defense, Casper Weinberger, President Reagan had sent the marines to protect Beirut's airport during the bloody civil war that followed Israel's 1982 invasion of Lebanon to expel the Palestinian Liberation Organization. Citing the April 1983 U.S. embassy bombing in Beirut, where 63 people died including 17 Americans, Weinberger and Congressional Democrats had argued that Reagan's plans for deploying additional marines to Beirut would make the American soldiers "sitting ducks." Worse yet, because Reagan had labeled the marines "peacekeepers," he ordered them not to appear "warlike." Their orders forbade them from erecting fortifications or perimeter fences or loading their weapons. Weinberger had entreated Reagan to station the soldiers in a less vulnerable redoubt, instead of the highly exposed and indefensible airport barracks building. Weinberger later lamented.

I was not persuasive enough to persuade the president that the marines were there on an impossible mission. They had no mission but to sit at the airport which is just like sitting in a bull's-eye. I begged the President to put them back on their transports as a more defensible position.

The American press pilloried President Reagan for putting the marines and servicemen in harm's way without ammunition or any clear mission during a violent civil war in a country rife with sophisticated suicide bombers and a history of successful attacks against Americans.

Reagan's response to press badgering about the absence of ammunition and protective barriers only stirred public anger about the president's lack of concern for troop safety. Reagan's explanation for the blunder seemed flippant, "Anyone who ever had a kitchen done over knows that it never gets done as soon as you wish it would be."

The subsequent Defense Department investigation placed blame directly on the White House for the tragedy. Following the bombing, a bitter Weinberger refused a direct presidential order to launch retaliatory strikes against Shiite encampments in Beirut and summarily withdrew the remaining 1,600 marines from Lebanon.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-f-kenned...
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1139119 May 20, 2014
Obama is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you must be really pissed at the way the dems keep pushing the "victim mentality" with every breath. In their mind everyone is a victim that their party has to rescue.
Both parties have their share of problems, but as a whole when you compare the two parties I see the Democrats as the better choice especially when it comes to dictating their beliefs.Just a few of the reasons I don't like the Republicans.... the NRA, money rubbing thieves, MORALITY their perception of course, their God, their chastising and belittling of women, their views on immigration, equal pay, raising of the minimum wage, their war like mentality, the poor, the working class, healthcare etc, etc..I'm not the least bit interested in cutting the very rich's taxes or making life more comfortable for them.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1139120 May 20, 2014
The conservative author and filmmaker Dinesh D'Souza pleaded guilty on Tuesday to a campaign finance law violation, averting a trial that had been expected to begin the same day in Manhattan federal court.

D'Souza pleaded guilty to one criminal count of making illegal contributions in the names of others. A second count concerning the making of false statements is expected to be dismissed once the defendant is sentenced.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/05/20/us-...

another FOX conspiracy theory down the drain. do they ever get it right?
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1139121 May 20, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Benghazi v. Beirut
My uncle, President John F. Kennedy's Pulitzer Prize winning best-seller Profiles in Courage recounted the stories of courageous U.S. Senators -- Republicans and Democrats -- who chose patriotism over partisanship and sacrificed personal ambition to national welfare. The GOP's recent efforts to gin up presidential scandals in punitive hearings, media lynchings, and weekly calls for impeachment, evince a party-wide pathology that puts partisanship over patriotism. For Republicans who believe that patriotism ends with lapel pins and cowboy costumes, it might be useful to consider some historical examples of true patriotism by a political party.
At 6:22 a.m. on Sunday, October 23, 1983, a suicide bomber drove a six-ton truckload of high explosives through a lightly fortified plywood fence, past two marine guards with no bullets in their rifles, and detonated his payload at the Beirut airport. The largest non-nuclear explosion ever recorded toppled the four story U.S. marine barracks from its foundation and killed 241 sleeping soldiers. It was the deadliest day for the Marine Corps since Iwo Jima.
Ignoring protests by Congressional Democrats and his own Secretary of Defense, Casper Weinberger, President Reagan had sent the marines to protect Beirut's airport during the bloody civil war that followed Israel's 1982 invasion of Lebanon to expel the Palestinian Liberation Organization. Citing the April 1983 U.S. embassy bombing in Beirut, where 63 people died including 17 Americans, Weinberger and Congressional Democrats had argued that Reagan's plans for deploying additional marines to Beirut would make the American soldiers "sitting ducks." Worse yet, because Reagan had labeled the marines "peacekeepers," he ordered them not to appear "warlike." Their orders forbade them from erecting fortifications or perimeter fences or loading their weapons. Weinberger had entreated Reagan to station the soldiers in a less vulnerable redoubt, instead of the highly exposed and indefensible airport barracks building. Weinberger later lamented.
I was not persuasive enough to persuade the president that the marines were there on an impossible mission. They had no mission but to sit at the airport which is just like sitting in a bull's-eye. I begged the President to put them back on their transports as a more defensible position.
The American press pilloried President Reagan for putting the marines and servicemen in harm's way without ammunition or any clear mission during a violent civil war in a country rife with sophisticated suicide bombers and a history of successful attacks against Americans.
Reagan's response to press badgering about the absence of ammunition and protective barriers only stirred public anger about the president's lack of concern for troop safety. Reagan's explanation for the blunder seemed flippant, "Anyone who ever had a kitchen done over knows that it never gets done as soon as you wish it would be."
The subsequent Defense Department investigation placed blame directly on the White House for the tragedy. Following the bombing, a bitter Weinberger refused a direct presidential order to launch retaliatory strikes against Shiite encampments in Beirut and summarily withdrew the remaining 1,600 marines from Lebanon.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-f-kenned...
Apple & Oranges.

Obama: Mission Accomplished! Al Qaeda has been decimated!

A couple of weeks later, this happened so the White House started lying - it was a video

For political reasons and an upcoming election where the idiot Obama was saying "Mission Accomplished"

Big difference you idiot!
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#1139122 May 20, 2014
I wonder how quickly Obama would address the problems at the VA if only black soldiers were being affected?
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#1139123 May 20, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Both parties have their share of problems, but as a whole when you compare the two parties I see the Democrats as the better choice especially when it comes to dictating their beliefs.Just a few of the reasons I don't like the Republicans.... the NRA, money rubbing thieves, MORALITY their perception of course, their God, their chastising and belittling of women, their views on immigration, equal pay, raising of the minimum wage, their war like mentality, the poor, the working class, healthcare etc, etc..I'm not the least bit interested in cutting the very rich's taxes or making life more comfortable for them.
I agree with your first sentence.

"I see the Democrats as the better choice especially when it comes to dictating their beliefs."

You like dictators?

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

#1139124 May 20, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Where Did All The CO2 Go?
Submitted by Doug L. Hoffman on Sun, 09/02/2012 - 13:12
anthropogenic Atmosphere carbon cycle carbon dioxide Climate Change CO2 Global Warming interglacial Resilient Earth sequestration
The subject of human carbon dioxide emissions and their build up in Earth's atmosphere is at the center of the anthropogenic global warming controversy. It cannot be denied that humans produce CO2 in large amounts, both from burning fossil fuels and from land use changes. This has led to much gnashing of teeth and renting of garments by excitable ecological doomsayers, but there is something they do not mention: at the same time humanity is spewing forth carbon, nature is busily sucking up that carbon and storing it away. A new analysis of the carbon cycle has produced an unexpected result—not only is the absorption of carbon continuing unabated it has actually expanded. The latest scientific tally indicates that since 1959, approximately 350 billion tons of carbon have been emitted by humans to the atmosphere, of which about 55% has been reabsorbed by the land and oceans.
That Earth's ecology absorbs CO2 has long been known; it is, after all, plant food. Living organisms in ocean waters and on the land absorb carbon from carbon dioxide and sequester it for periods of time ranging from decades to millions of years. The various pathways of this absorption are called sinks. If all the sources of carbon into the environment are matched by the carbon sinks removing carbon then the carbon cycle would be perfectly balanced. But contrary to statements by unscientific simpletons, nature is never in a static balance—it is always in a constant state of tension, of flux, as various processes contend.
Knowing that the sinks are not static has caused many climate change alarmists to issue dire warnings that the sinks would somehow fill up and stop absorbing mankind's carbon effluent. This prediction is interesting, since science does not even know all the mechanisms behind carbon absorption. In fact, for years researchers have been working to identify what has been labeled the “missing sink.” Quoting from chapter 7 of The Resilient Earth:
For more than three decades, the attention of biologists and ecologists studying the global carbon cycle has focused on an apparent imbalance in the carbon budget. The so-called “missing sink” is a result of the following equation:
Atmospheric CO2 Increase = Human Emissions + Land Use – Ocean Uptake
This equation is simple enough: the amount of carbon produced by humans plus the carbon produced by other living things, less the amount absorbed by the oceans, must end up as atmospheric CO2. But, if actual numbers are used, the equation does not balance.
The average annual emissions of 8.5 Gt during the 1990s, 6.3 Gt from fossil fuels and 2.2 Gt from land use, are greater than the sum of the annual buildup of carbon in the atmosphere (3.2 Gt) and the annual uptake by the oceans (2.4 Gt). Here, land use includes carbon from decaying dead vegetation, soil organic matter, and wood products less the uptake by regrowing ecosystems. An additional sink of 2.9 Gt is required to balance the carbon budget. Though this is a small amount, over time, it adds up, 115 Gt of missing carbon over the period 1850-2000.
You do realize that your two non-climatologists just agreed with what I posted.

Man is increasing the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1139125 May 20, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Apple & Oranges.
Obama: Mission Accomplished! Al Qaeda has been decimated!
A couple of weeks later, this happened so the White House started lying - it was a video
For political reasons and an upcoming election where the idiot Obama was saying "Mission Accomplished"
Big difference you idiot!
the hypocrisy of the people who voted for lying Mitt knows no bounds.

ever stop to consider that Mitt's lies are what kept him out of the WH? and that Bush lies put Obama in the WH?

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

#1139126 May 20, 2014
The NRA called me yesterday.

I told them they did not really want to talk to me about any of their candidates. I was already not voting for them.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1139127 May 20, 2014
Big Gubbymint transparency goes all the way back to 1961....

Washington, DC, December 13, 2013 – A three-judge panel of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit heard the National Security Archive's arguments yesterday for public release of the last secret volume of the CIA's internal history of the 1961 Bay of Pigs disaster.'

http://www2.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB45...
spocko

Oakland, CA

#1139128 May 20, 2014
Hillaryous wrote:
<quoted text> In the analysis used to determine the truth, the agreed upon set of fundamental principles found that Barack Hussein Obama's fraudulent Non-Affordable Healthscare Act earned him "Lie of the Year" status.\
Conclusion:
Left wing morons are incapable of reasonable analysis of ANYTHING!
And just as you pathetic losers embarrassed yourself in the last election it will happen to you morons again ... mark my words!
Patriot

Longmont, CO

#1139130 May 20, 2014
BUSTED Smart Meters Emit Constant Microwave Radiation WUSA9 News

&fe ature=youtu.be

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr ThomasA 330,232
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 5 hr Bill Dunning 12,209
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 8 hr Chosen Traveler 35,540
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Feb 16 Imprtnrd 201,803
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Jan '18 Sweet 293
News Horsechief commits to Pacific (Mar '06) Jan '18 NicePhartts 8
News Girl Charged After Sending Explicit Selfie: 'I'... Dec '17 Ink Pharted 4
More from around the web