Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1395620 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1137277 May 16, 2014
Spring 2006 has been swamped with climate change hype in every type of media – books, newspapers, magazines, online, TV and even movies.

One-time presidential candidate Al Gore, a patron saint of the environmental movement, is releasing “An Inconvenient Truth” in book and movie form, warning,“Our ability to live is what is at stake.”

Despite all the historical shifting from one position to another, many in the media no longer welcome opposing views on the climate. CBS reporter Scott Pelley went so far as to compare climate change skeptics with Holocaust deniers.

“If I do an interview with [Holocaust survivor] Elie Wiesel,” Pelley asked,“am I required as a journalist to find a Holocaust denier?” he said in an interview on March 23 with CBS News’s PublicEye blog.

He added that the whole idea of impartial journalism just didn’t work for climate stories.“There becomes a point in journalism where striving for balance becomes irresponsible,” he said.

Pelley’s comments ignored an essential point: that 30 years ago, the media were certain about the prospect of a new ice age. And that is only the most recent example of how much journalists have changed their minds on this essential debate.

Some in the media would probably argue that they merely report what scientists tell them, but that would be only half true.

Journalists decide not only what they cover; they also decide whether to include opposing viewpoints. That’s a balance lacking in the current “debate.”

This isn’t a question of science. It’s a question of whether Americans can trust what the media tell them about science.

TPRTY

United States

#1137279 May 16, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Waxmoron's response is typical of Liberals. Just spend more taxpayer money and that will fix the problem.
Doing something over and over again and expecting a different result.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1137280 May 16, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
At least the tides will have turned by 2016. With a two-term Democratic president on his way out and Hillary the promising contender, the opposition has two more years to hone in on her health issues, age and lack of accomplishments and/or incompetency (legitimate and above board concerns and criticisms) before the media has time to sharpen their knives and carve up any and all emerging conservative contenders.
And, of course, lie...cheat...steal...whatever .
Good morning everyone.
Liberal Media Networks are in full gear promoting Hog Thighs Hillary. She was on Bah-Bah- Walters this morning. The NY Times is promoting her while slamming any Conservative critics calling their complaints a "smear campaign".

I also heard that Monica Lewinsky will become a regular on The View.

A HUGE panel of airhead bimbos has just gotten larger.

I hope Monica gives demonstrations.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1137282 May 16, 2014
Fox News and the Hillary Clinton ‘faking’ outrage

In the clip below, George Stephanopoulos of ABC News’s “This Week” turns his attention to the various allegations on Fox News that Hillary Clinton had faked her illness. How to explain the rash of such charges, he asks Fox News host Greta Van Susteren. In her response, Van Susteren suggests that she’s not paid to be a spokeswoman for Fox News:“I’m responsible for what I say, No. 1,” she says, clarifying that she was never a Clinton-is-ill doubter.

Van Susteren was anchoring Fox News’s air on the night of Dec. 17, when John Bolton uttered his never-to-be-forgotten charge that Clinton had come down with a “diplomatic illness” to avoid testifying before Congress regarding Benghazi, Libya. That was two days after the secretary was reported to have suffered a concussion — and a couple of weeks before she checked into a New York hospital to treat a blood clot in her head related to her “diplomatic illness.”

Though Van Susteren had written a blog post criticizing those who used Fox News airtime to question the gravity of Clinton’s illness, she strikes a different tone in her appearance on Sunday with Stephanopoulos. She says that the “faking” club members raised their concerns at a time when there was “not much information coming out of the State Department.”

Another sign of trouble: Van Susteren suggests that the blood clot report cleared everything up:“Once these people heard that she was seriously ill, that all changed,” she tells Stephanopoulos. Meaning, the doubters weren’t impressed by the report of the concussion that came out on Dec. 15; they were impressed by the report of a blood clot that surfaced before New Year’s. Does the secretary of state really have to check into a hospital before people will believe claims that she’s ailing?

In toto, Van Susteren’s comments amount to a failure to acknowledge the ghastliness of the faking allegations that crowded Fox News’s pre-Christmas programming. All the conditions are in place for an apology from Fox News, except for the courage. Whenever the secretary’s health becomes a topic of conversation in the coming years, pundits will remember Fox News’s “coverage” of the matter, along with its post-facto shamelessness.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik-wemp...

“Depends on the Day”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1137284 May 16, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you happen to remember any of the countless lies that Bush told, you know he is the record holder, or do you have that bagger disease called selective amnesia?
Bush isn't running for office, silly. If you are truly opposed to people who are less than honest-wouldn't this make HRC a questionable candidate?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1137285 May 16, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
You probably aren't old enough to remember the 2008 democratic primaries. Or Hillary's embarrassment when the liberal moderator put her on the spot having to explain why she lied about landing under sniper fire in Bosnia in 1996.
Trust me. It happened. I've watched both the democratic and republican primaries as well as both conventions for nine presidential elections.
Guess liberals don't pay attention if they have their talking points from the propagandist websites.
sweetie, i am 50 years old.. and i actually participate in the political discourse and processes in this nation, not just parroting crap like you..
Nostrilis Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1137286 May 16, 2014
Democrats War on Women with the UCA!

Hundreds of thousands of women's jobs killed by O-Commie-Care.

14% cut to Home Health Care by O-Commie-Care

498,000 jobs - 90% women.

Of course Obama lied and said it "wouldn't have a major impact"

Another Obama & Democrat lie, just like the other ones.

Time for a Dumb Dave Lap Dog lie now...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1137287 May 16, 2014
Alan Grayson Ready And Willing To Serve On Benghazi Panel

The advocacy group Credo Mobile has launched a petition asking Pelosi to appoint Grayson as the one and only Democratic member of the Benghazi committee. The effort has already attracted nearly 20,000 supporters in just two days.

Pelosi's office said it does not have any updates on the status of the Benghazi appointments.

In his interview on Friday, Grayson said Republicans were focusing on Benghazi simply to avoid talking about more important issues.

"They still think that there's some political gain to be gotten here because they don't want to talk about unemployment, they have no answers," he said. "They don't want to talk about health care, they have no answers. They don't want to talk about education, or housing, or benefits, or pensions, or anything that is real in the lives of the American people. They have no answers. So instead, what they do is they try to embarrass the administration over and over again. Instead what they do is embarrass themselves."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/16/alan...
Flackers Knackers

Denver, CO

#1137288 May 16, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>bushie boy clearly had no problems with that....
In fact, he added to the totals by killing troops via electrocution.
I'm going along with this because I like you... but it strains credulity a smidgen... perhaps I'm missing the context? Ah well, screw the context, right kids?...
Roxys Kocksies

Denver, CO

#1137289 May 16, 2014
This kid was tryin' her heart out, he had to admit, it felt pretty good even though in her exertions she'd ripped the scab off...
Nostrilis Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1137290 May 16, 2014
Democrats War on Women with the Liberal Media!

N.Y. Times fires woman editor for asking to get the same pay as her make predecessor.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1137291 May 16, 2014
2012 on Fox News: Hillary’s faking a head injury! 2014 on Fox News: Hillary’s head injury was super serious!

http://inagist.com/all/467012082370879488/

so you can see why the MSM doesn't consider FOX part of the MSM.

and if FOX is your MSM.....i'm very sorry.
Roxys Kocksies

Denver, CO

#1137292 May 16, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>sweetie, i am 50 years old.. and i actually participate in the political discourse and processes in this nation, not just parroting crap like you..
Oh... so now you're an expert in Parroting I see... what, is that where you found your niche in the birdwatching world?...
Roxys Poxys

Denver, CO

#1137293 May 16, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush isn't running for office, silly. If you are truly opposed to people who are less than honest-wouldn't this make HRC a questionable candidate?
Think about what you just said, dear... I'll wait...
Roxys Poxys

Denver, CO

#1137294 May 16, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Wow. So now you're proclaiming yourself the expert in this area too?
wow....
I mean.... wow.....
They're ALL doin' it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1137295 May 16, 2014
Republicans Go Berserk and Accuse Scientists of Bullying Them With Facts

There is no hope of convincing climate change deniers that scientists, or science, is not their enemy and they will likely go to the grave hating science and the scientists attempting to save their pathetic lives from the effects of climate change. The reality is their contempt for science and scientists is very selective because they love the science that discovered and developed technological and medical advancements that make their pathetic lives better. If there was any real justice, they would be forbidden from using anything science and scientists are responsible for until they admitted their only problem with science is that they are intimidated by it because they are too stupid and superstitious to understand it.

http://www.politicususa.com/2014/05/16/republ...

St. Croix valley

#1137296 May 16, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
it would make any candidate questionable.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1137297 May 16, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
College campuses are becoming the hot bed of intolerance and stupidity
"It’s the week before finals at the University of St. Thomas. Student leaders thought they’d come up with the perfect way to end the school year: by bringing a camel to campus.
They assumed that stressed-out students would jump at the chance to pose for photos, and generally hang out, with a large, furry humped animal.
But last week the plan was abruptly scrapped after opponents mounted a protest on Facebook, saying it was not only a waste of money, but insensitive and possibly racist as well.
The event — called “Hump Day”— was organized by the Residence Hall Association, a student social committee,“to have a little fun, bring students together,” said Aaron Macke, the group’s adviser."
http://www.startribune.com/local/259309241.ht...
"...insensitive and possibly racist as well."?????

They should have asked Reggie Love and Larry Sinclair to show up for Hump Day.

...but Eric Racist Holder would've put a stop to that, too, as a racist act.

“Depends on the Day”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1137298 May 16, 2014
Camels Are Now Racist, Because the Middle East

St. Croix valley

#1137299 May 16, 2014
Roxys Kocksies wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh... so now you're an expert in Parroting I see... what, is that where you found your niche in the birdwatching world?...
i know people who parrot what they do not understand when i hear them..

nailed you right off the bat, didn't i?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 2 hr Into The Night 9,870
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 13 hr Todd for Real 311,342
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 20 hr Barbi A 201,865
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Mon Trojan 32,289
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Mon ChristineM 255,511
News What they're saying about Bulls draft pick Bobb... (Jun '15) Jun 20 Tretre 6
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Jun 6 James Harry 41
More from around the web