Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Mar 11

Minnesota's North Coast

#1136247 May 14, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
The mitigation study uses Gold Butte
SCOTUS states the FEDs DO NOT have permanent ownership of state lands
Roam along Daffy
who owns it now? more lies to add to the list...

we're gonna need a bigger boat...

“Stop Child Soliders”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1136248 May 14, 2014
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
And therein lies the real strategy of the left in topix, as it is in the real world. Suppress opposing views! How not surprising.
Nuc, is deliberately acting like a moron.

But, you are correct it is a childish attempt to harass other posters.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1136249 May 14, 2014
Each State, in ratifying the Constitution, is considered as a sovereign body, independent of all others, and only to be bound by its own voluntary act. In this relation, then, the new Constitution will, if established, be a FEDERAL, and not a NATIONAL constitution.
-= Federalist No. 39, January 1788 =-

James Madison

“Stop Child Soliders”

Location hidden

#1136250 May 14, 2014
Liberal group criticizes GOP fundraising off Benghazi in fundraising letter about Benghazi

“Stop Child Soliders”

Location hidden

#1136251 May 14, 2014
If you want to know what health care rationing under Obamacare will be like, look no further than VA hospitals.
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1136252 May 14, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Apologize for Bundy being such old news nobody is talking about it but you continue wanting a redo?
Move on to the here and now.
Like with Benghazi, when do we move on there?

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1136253 May 14, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
We notice Carol does not go to the ER for her medical care... that is just for poor people.
That she hates Obama most likely indicates President Obama is doing a good job.
4500 dead from the president Carol supported ... she just can't lie her way out of this
-Angela
Please try and understand this simple concept. Poor people will continue going to the ER under Obamacare. It will be very difficult for them to find a physician who will see them. They might be able to find a nurse practitioner but they usually work in doctors' offices.

Can't figure out for the life of me why you think health care is going to be more accessible to the poor under this law - or anyone else for that matter.

“Stop Child Soliders”

Location hidden

#1136254 May 14, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>who owns it now? more lies to add to the list...
we're gonna need a bigger boat...
The issue is the states gave permanent ownership to the FEDs.

Run, Daffy, run with the goal posts.

You just cannot outrun every dumb claim you-woodtick-- have made.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#1136255 May 14, 2014
It becomes all therefore who are friends of a Government based on free principles to reflect, that by denying the possibility of a system partly federal and partly consolidated, and who would convert ours into one either wholly federal or wholly consolidated, in neither of which forms have individual rights, public order, and external safety, been all duly maintained, they aim a deadly blow at the last hope of true liberty on the face of the Earth.
-= Notes on Nullification =-

James Madison

“Stop Child Soliders”

Location hidden

#1136256 May 14, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Like with Benghazi, when do we move on there?
Benghazi is still in the news.
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1136257 May 14, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Nuc, is deliberately acting like a moron.
But, you are correct it is a childish attempt to harass other posters.

I would strongly suspect that for someone to act like a moron towards you that they are attempting to relate on your level. Just a thought.

“Stop Child Soliders”

Location hidden

#1136258 May 14, 2014
So, has Conyers figured out a way to get on the ballet?

http://news.yahoo.com/official-conyers-lacks-...

“Stop Child Soliders”

Location hidden

#1136259 May 14, 2014
*ballot

“Stop Child Soliders”

Location hidden

#1136260 May 14, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
I would strongly suspect that for someone to act like a moron towards you that they are attempting to relate on your level. Just a thought.
Ghost goes for the grade school rubber and glue thingy.

Cute

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#1136261 May 14, 2014
g out today they have no candidate in the Florida 13 competitive seat, House Democrats are watching any remaining hopes of making Nancy Pelosi Speaker of the House again evaporate before their eyes," said Daniel Scarpinato, spokesman with the National Republican Congressional Committee.

In Michigan, Conyers is expected to appeal the decision after Wayne County Clerk Kathy Garrett said the Democratic congressman didn't get enough signatures to appear on the Aug. 5 primary ballot. He could still run as a write-in candidate, and the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee voiced confidence that Conyers will ultimately win re-election.

But in Florida, the party for the moment appears to be left without a candidate after Ed Jany, an independent running with Democratic support against Republican Rep. David Jolly, dropped out.

The decision by the Marine and former police officer comes days after The Tampa Bay Times published a story questioning whether he padded his education credentials on his resume.

In a statement, Jany made no reference to that report, and cited difficulty balancing the campaign with professional work he was doing in Brazil.

"In my professional capacity, I am responsible for coordinating some of the Command and Control for Security at the World Cup in Brazil this year, something I committed to doing some time ago," he said in a statement, according to The Tampa Bay Times. "I wrongly assumed that I could maintain my professional work requirements while running for office, just as I was able to work full-time as a police officer while pursuing a full-time education and balancing my military service in the past."

DCCC Executive Director Kelly Ward issued a brief statement on the decision. "We respect and appreciate Ed Jany's ongoing efforts to continue serving his country and wish him the best in his future endeavors," Ward said.

But the development undoubtedly stings for Democrats, whose candidate Alex Sink narrowly lost to Jolly in a special election in March for the Tampa-area House seat. They have another chance to win the seat in the fall, but it's unclear whether the party will rally behind a new candidate.
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1136262 May 14, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
If you want to know what health care rationing under Obamacare will be like, look no further than VA hospitals.
Yes idiot, this all happened overnight and has nothing to do with the eight years of cuts from the Bush years to the VA and today's Congress and thousands and thousands of added veterans from the Bush lies. Actually during Bush's presidency Walter Redd Hospital right in Washington was found to be filthy and the Republicans didn't have their usual hissy fit. You people are lower than scum.
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1136263 May 14, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Ghost goes for the grade school rubber and glue thingy.
Cute
Actually I'm attempting to enlighten you. But I should have know that absorption isn't your strong suit.

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1136264 May 14, 2014
Bush Pilot Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah, the idea is to get rid of you people, dummy. We're not trying to take you to the next astral plane... we want you folks to die, is there some question? You reap what you sew...
You sound just like a good little Nazi German.

They, too, wanted people to die because of a faux superiority and ideology. The Nazis did the reaping, however, and brainwashed Germans had to live in the aftermath.

Better wake up or you'll be among those who learned they were on the wrong side of history too. You, like them, will reap what you have sewn.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#1136265 May 14, 2014
What Federal Reserve Chairwoman Yellen knows about the deficit (and you should, too)
By Sen. Dan CoatsPublished May 13, 2014FoxNews.com Facebook45 Twitter20 Gplus0
janet-yellen_0
Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen talks at a news conference following the March 2014 Federal Open Market Committee meeting while at the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve Sysytem in Washington, March 19, 2014.REUTERS/LARRY DOWNING
When the Treasury Department announced in February that the $680 billion federal deficit for the 2013 fiscal year is the smallest our country has seen since 2008, the Obama administration widely touted the news as proof that the president’s economic policies are working.

Treasury Secretary Jack Lew said at the time,“We are moving in the right direction… our deficit today is less than half of what it was when President Obama first took office.”

Many Democrats in Congress used the news to call for another stimulus package and more deficit spending.

Our economy is like a leaking ship being plugged with a few sticks of gum. Congress and the White House must act if we want to avoid the same fate as the Titanic.
Putting aside how anyone could celebrate the fact that our federal government ran $680 billion in the red last year, recent testimony from Federal Reserve Chairwoman Janet Yellen should permanently throw cold water on plans for any new unpaid for spending.

During her appearance before the Joint Economic Committee last week, I asked Yellen how Congress can help business owners in Indiana and across the country with the uncertainty they face in this economy.

Her answer highlighted why the long-term deficits Washington currently is projected to run must be addressed.

“There is more work to do to put fiscal policy on a sustainable course,” Yellen said.“That progress has been made over the last several years, in bringing down deficits in the short term, but that a combination of demographics, the structure of entitlement programs, and historic trends in health-care costs, we can see that over the long-term deficits will rise to unsustainable levels relative to the economy.”

What specifically was she referencing?

According to the non-partisan Congressional Budget Office (CBO), the gross federal debt will continue to rise rapidly over the next decade, peaking at 101 percent of gross domestic product by 2024. CBO projects that gross federal debt will increase from $16 trillion last year to $27 trillion in 2024. During this same time, net interest expense nearly quadruples – from $221 billion to $876 billion.

With these comments, the Fed Chairwoman joined a long list of academics, economists, business leaders and even the bipartisan Simpson-Bowles Commission who have all stated the obvious: Unless the United States makes tough spending choices in the short-term, eventually we are going to face a debt-induced catastrophe. It is only a matter of time, and the clock is running down.

In fact, if interest rates were not artificially held down by the Fed at historically low levels, we might already be facing our day of reckoning. According to CBO, even a one percentage point increase in interest rates would add $1.1 trillion to the United States’ debt over 10 years. And that new debt would occur without any changes in spending or taxing — interest rates alone would simply drive our debt out of control.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1136266 May 14, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
I like it when you try to bring up old issues and still cannot disprove that
--the mitigation study lists Gold Butte
--SCOTUS states the FEDs cannot claim permanent ownership of state lands
I proved you lied.

you said Nevada owns all the land --- a complete lie.

You said the solar plant was to be on the land Bundy was grazing -- a complete lie.

Keep it up, liar.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 24 min Eagle 12 235,775
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 44 min Chosen Swallower 29,077
How to recover lost data from iPhone/iPad/iPod- (Jan '14) 2 hr alvina haynes 13
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 3 hr LonePalm 4,347
Should child beauty pageants be banned? 4 hr Nina 753
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 4 hr Pearl Jam 308,963
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 8 hr Big D 201,411
More from around the web