Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1383549 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Depends on the Day”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1136983 May 15, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Let get one thing straight. Rogue managers at VA facilities worked up a scheme to avoid the Department of Veterans Affairs requirement that their hospitals provide care to patients in a timely manner, typically within 14 to 30 days. The Department of Veterans Affairs did not create any hidden waiting lists and they had no way of knowing that the "official" list provided to them by VA hospitals was a sham. The Department of Veterans Affairs is the victim of unscrupulous employees. It happens.
What we do know this was happening at numerous facilities including those in Texas, Georgia, South Carolina, Phoenix and Fort Collins. It appears to be fairly wide spread.

The IGA is investigating and it is way too soon for you to be making sweeping generalizations.

“Depends on the Day”

Location hidden

#1136984 May 15, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
So now, you are one of those psychos who has to have the last word? Get help.
Says the person who keeps responding :)
Michelle

Manchester, NH

#1136985 May 15, 2014
Eleanor Beaver wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right. A clusterf**k from the start designed to fail right into Socialized medicine.
You'll love it when a couple of dozen bureaucrats at the Federal Department of Health Care decide it's time for you or a family member to die quickly and quietly...or else.
#MoronsForObamaKare
#BringBackOurGirls
Eleanor Beaver

United States

#1136986 May 15, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent response.
You traitors sure do hate that 1st Amendment.
Michelle

Manchester, NH

#1136987 May 15, 2014
Eleanor Beaver wrote:
<quoted text>
Key word ¨initiate.¨
Neither Reid nor Obama will accept, pass, or sign anything into law that they perceive benefits anyone but their voting block. F**k the rest of America.
Rule #1 of the ACA. Let the peasants eat cake.

“Depends on the Day”

Location hidden

#1136988 May 15, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Get an education.
FACT: The authority to initiate tax increases or spending proposals rests with the House, not the Senate.
We are not talking about taxes, skippy.

Maybe you will find this educational....

"The President's budget submission is referred to the House and Senate Budget Committees and to the CBO. Other committees with budgetary responsibilities submit requests and estimates to the budget committees during this time.

In March, the budget committees consider the President's budget proposals in the light of the CBO budget report, and each committee submits a budget resolution to its house by April 1. The House and Senate each consider these budget resolutions and are expected to pass them, possibly with amendments, by April 15

After both houses pass a budget resolution, selected Representatives and Senators negotiate a conference report to reconcile differences between the House and the Senate versions. The conference report, in order to become binding, must be approved by both the House and Senate. A budget resolution is a concurrent resolution that binds Congress, but is not a law, and so does not require the President's signature.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_bu...

The Senate does make its' own budget proposals.
Eleanor Beaver

United States

#1136989 May 15, 2014
Michelle wrote:
<quoted text>
#BringBackOurGirls
Yeah, that's working out real well...sure has those anti-Christian, murdering terrorists quaking in their, well, whatever they're wearing.

“Depends on the Day”

Location hidden

#1136990 May 15, 2014
Eleanor Beaver wrote:
<quoted text>
Key word ¨initiate.¨
Neither Reid nor Obama will accept, pass, or sign anything into law that they perceive benefits anyone but their voting block. F**k the rest of America.
The Senate passes its' own budget bills and is not dependent on the House.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1136991 May 15, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, all I can say is you sow what you reap. Keep that in mind should we ever have another Republican president.
Hee, Hee. I think it's "You reap what you sow".

BTW, the Magic Negro doesn't sow as much as he plows under his failures.

Those seeds will come back to haunt him and especially those airheads who supported him.

“Depends on the Day”

Location hidden

#1136992 May 15, 2014
3-D chalk art. This guy is amazing

https://twitter.com/BobG231/status/4671199266...
Eleanor Beaver

United States

#1136993 May 15, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
The Senate passes its' own budget bills and is not dependent on the House.
My point being there will be zero cooperation from the likes of Reid, Holder, Obama and company. This fact is not a secret. This administration's level of animosity toward the GOP (and for that matter half the country's citizens) is not only unprecedented, it's shameful and frankly unacceptable.

“Depends on the Day”

Location hidden

#1136994 May 15, 2014
Eleanor Beaver wrote:
<quoted text>
My point being there will be zero cooperation from the likes of Reid, Holder, Obama and company. This fact is not a secret. This administration's level of animosity toward the GOP (and for that matter half the country's citizens) is not only unprecedented, it's shameful and frankly unacceptable.
This is Reid's latest tactic....

"The U.S. Senate failed to advance another piece of popular bipartisan legislation late Monday, and the reason tells the real story of Washington gridlock in the current Congress. To wit, Harry Reid has essentially shut down the Senate as a place to debate and vote on policy.

The Majority Leader's strategy was once again on display as the Senate failed to get the 60 votes to move a popular energy efficiency bill co-sponsored by New Hampshire Democrat Jeanne Shaheen and Ohio Republican Rob Portman. Mr. Reid blamed the defeat on Republican partisanship. But the impasse really came down to Mr. Reid's blockade against amendments that might prove politically difficult for Democrats.

The Nevadan used parliamentary tricks to block energy-related amendments to an energy bill. This blockade is now standard procedure as he's refused to allow a vote on all but nine GOP amendments since last July. Mr. Reid is worried that some of these amendments might pass with support from Democrats, thus embarrassing a White House that opposes them."

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB1000142...

“Reality is merely an illusion”

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#1136995 May 15, 2014
Michelle wrote:
<quoted text>
#BringBackOurGirls
#Gomakemeasandwich

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#1136996 May 15, 2014
more proof of what phony, hypocritical douchebags liberals in the LSM are:

News for nyt's editor fired

Chron.com
Fired NYT Editor Jill Abramson's Pay Was 'Not Comparable ...
Huffington Post &#8206;- 11 hours ago
Jill Abramson's firing from the New York Times dominated the discussion on Thursday's "Morning Joe," with the co-hosts declaring that ...

White American liberals, te most stupid, ignorant people to ever walk the planet.

The words of liberals are meaningless, its proved over and over.

Where's the equal pay, dumbasses?

“you know i know”

denver

#1136997 May 15, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
Well no time for anything this morning. We're heading down to DC for my son's graduation.
I'll be back Monday.
More like the little thug is being paroled.

“you know i know”

denver

#1136998 May 15, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
Clinton took a shot at Rove Wednesday, in an obligatory bit of humor-laced political combat.
"I got to give [Rove] credit: That embodies that old saying that consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds," Clinton said. "First they said she faked her concussion and now they say she's auditioning for a part on 'The Walking
Dead.'" He laughed. "I mean, whatever it takes."
But then he answered the question in some detail.
"Look, she works out every week. She is strong. She's doing great. As far as I can tell she's in better shape than I am. She certainly has more stamina. And there's nothing to it," he said.
"I was sort of dumbfounded," Clinton continued. "They went to all this trouble to say that she staged what was a terrible concussion. It required six months of very serious work to get over, something she never lowballed with the American people, never tried to pretend it didn't happen.
"Now they say she's really got brain damage. If she does I must be in really tough shape because she's still quicker than I am," he said.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/14/clin...
The twice accused rapist and serial sexual abuser Clinton?

“you know i know”

denver

#1136999 May 15, 2014
Nostrilis Waxmoron wrote:
<quoted text>
Read this to someone, anyone, and ask them if they know what it means.
This is gibberish.
You are a moron.
It means you're a brain dead moron.

“you know i know”

denver

#1137000 May 15, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
What tax on medicaid?
Look it up Daff. You have nothing else to do.

“you know i know”

denver

#1137001 May 15, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
Is this Moran Thursday?
You're here, so yes.
How's your Blumpkinits coming along?

“you know i know”

denver

#1137002 May 15, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
501 (c)(4) tax exempt groups can take part in political activity and can even lobby.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/501 (c)_organization#501.28c.29.28 4.29
The name, party, isn't a political party. It was an event in our history. You do know about the Boston Tea Party, don't you?
Donors have been audited at a higher rate than the average citizen.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/may/...
Dumber than sh*t Dave isn't interested, he's only interested in smooching Il Douche's smelly backside.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 48 min ChristineM 255,309
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 10 hr cpeter1313 311,215
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 12 hr IB DaMann 9,636
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Thu Financial Consult... 6
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Thu Trojan 32,267
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) May 23 Ceren 39
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) May 22 01niner 201,860
More from around the web