Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
1,043,141 - 1,043,160 of 1,100,503 Comments Last updated 17 min ago
mechell

West Palm Beach, FL

#1134928 May 11, 2014
Johnston Vandall wrote:
Whoopeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeee! Stock market has a lot of faith in him, it's tanking. Thanks Barack! Guess they aren't too impressed.
The workings of American money has been in question for some time, many have forecasted the changes of the American economy long before President OBAMA.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1134929 May 11, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
The key elements of the GOP's health care reform:
~Lowering health care premiums for families and small businesses - financing state-based reforms that lower premiums, ending junk lawsuits, and increasing competition and access to insurance products for small businesses and individuals.
~Establishing Universal Access Programs to guarantee access to affordable care for those with pre-existing conditions - expanding and reforming high-risk pools and reinsurance programs to guarantee all Americans, regardless of pre-existing conditions or past illnesses, have access to affordable care while lowering costs for all Americans.
~Ending costly junk lawsuits and curb defensive medicine by enacting medical liability reforms.
~Preventing insurers from unjustly cancelling a policy or instituting lifetime spending caps making it illegal for an insurance company to deny coverage to someone with prior coverage on the basis of a pre-existing condition and prohibiting insurance plans from instituting lifetime spending limits.
~Encouraging Small Business Health Plans giving small businesses the power to pool together and offer health care at lower prices, just as corporations and labor unions do.
~Encouraging innovative state programs by providing incentive payments to states that reduce premiums and the number of uninsured.
~Allowing Americans to buy insurance across state lines.
~Promoting healthier lifestyles by prevention & wellness and giving employers greater flexibility to financially reward employees who adopt healthier lifestyles.
~Enhancing Health Savings Accounts (HSAs) creating new incentives to save for future and long-term care needs to use HSAs to pay premiums.
http://www.gop.gov/gop-reforms-to-lower-healt...
What's wrong with this plan?
it never got enacted...
Michelle

Cranberry Twp, PA

#1134930 May 11, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>they use that system in the MPX gold terminal restaurants...i pads at every table you order off of and they bring your food to you.
Do the servers get tipped less for less work?

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#1134931 May 11, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
And just how do you cover pre existing conditions without an individual mandate to spread the risk nitwit? You keep forgetting or more likely purposely ignoring the fact that the mandate was a Republican idea espoused by Newt Gingrich and signed into law by Mitt Romney as governor of Massachusetts.
Petey, Romney signed a STATE manndate. You know the difference between STATE and FEDERAL don't you Petey?

St. Croix valley

#1134932 May 11, 2014
Michelle wrote:
<quoted text>
Meanwhile, Woodtick worships Woodtick.
#BringBackOurGirls
no, i leave that to all the fools here that can't seem to get me off their mind...

St. Croix valley

#1134933 May 11, 2014
Michelle wrote:
<quoted text>
Do the servers get tipped less for less work?
i don't know if you even tip them, do you?

i always sit at the bar and i always tip my bartender!

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#1134934 May 11, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
GOP Hypocrisy: Outraged Over Benghazi, Silent on Iraq
The creation of a House committee to study the attack on Benghazi raises the troubling question of why Congress has never bothewred to scrutinize to the invasion of Iraq.
When I heard that the House of Representatives has established a select committee to investigate the attack on Benghazi that left several Americans dead in 2012, I couldn't help but wonder what these same legislators might have done had Barack Obama been president in 2003, and had the audacity of George W. Bush to attack a sovereign country that had no relevant connection to the 9/11 attacks with the result that nearly 5,000 Americans and well over 100,000 Iraqi civilians (many of them women and children) perished. Had Obama’s war in Iraq also cost American taxpayers $1.7 trillion, with another $490 in veteran expenses (thus far)—with a total cost of $6 trillion projected—I have no doubt that a select committee would long ago have sent him to the Hague for trial as a war criminal.
It’s sad to think how in our fury over Benghazi we’ve almost forgotten a recent war that destroyed so many families, nearly bankrupted this country (and may yet), and led to a hugely destabilized Iraq that no longer serves as a buffer to Iran. Needless to say, this terrible war was pursued under false pretenses, with huge amounts of government corruption—Houston-based company KBR alone (a spinoff from Halliburton, where Dick Cheney was chairman and CEO before becoming vice president) racked up charges of nearly $40 billion during the war, making it (by far) the winner in the Iraq sweepstakes. In most banana republics, this would be cause for serious investigation; but not so much here, where our politicians (or their friends) are allowed to profit from armed invasions. Can it possibly be so that the U.S. Congress has ignored such obvious corruption while investigating over and over whether Susan Rice was given some edited “talking points” on Benghazi? Really?
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/05...
and you're surprised by this. This is the party that was more concerned aboout a cigar in the 90's over the mounting threat posed by al Qaeda in the 90's.
This is the same party whose AG shifted the main focus of the FBI from terrorism to drugs and prostitution in 2001.
This is the same party whose AG had 40 FBI agents in a 24/7 surveillence operation of a New Orleans brothel on Sept 10, 2001. Imagine sex, drugs and prostitutes in New Orleans!

This is the same party who thought t was okay that the President and Vice President did not have to give swworn open teestimony to the 9/11 commission and when they did appear before the investigative panel, it was together and in secrecy

St. Croix valley

#1134935 May 11, 2014
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>Petey, Romney signed a STATE manndate. You know the difference between STATE and FEDERAL don't you Petey?
yes, one is bigger and it gives uniformity to our nation's system.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1134936 May 11, 2014
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
1. What Exactly WAS the (foreign) POLICY in place, to protect American interests upon our invasion of Libya (for No justifiable reason in accordance to the War Powers Act that governs such) and how where they implemented and maintained through out the duration of our presence in protecting same said interests (including ALL American representative personel) while in Libya, including Benghazi??
Please just answer the Question.
Are you talking WWII ? I can't recall any other time we've had troops there fighting....

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1134937 May 11, 2014
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
and you're for this business communist welfare bill.
Isn't the cost of doing business research and development?
WHY THE HE!! SHOULD THE TAXPAYER PAY FOR A BUSINESS' RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT?
If we have to pay their business costs, then we should get a cut of the profits
Another libtard that thinks letting some one keeping more of their money is giving them money.

St. Croix valley

#1134938 May 11, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Are you talking WWII ? I can't recall any other time we've had troops there fighting....
we had naval ships there blocking ports in the Barbary wars, didn't we? but no i don't think we had boots on the ground in Libya...maybe some "advisors" but no boots...
Eleanor Beaver

East Hartford, CT

#1134939 May 11, 2014
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
No we Democrats prefer that businesses pay for their own research and development.
We prefer that businesses get off the public dole
we prefer that oil companies that make billions in profits stop getting tax breaks and tax subsidies
we prefer that large corporate farms stop being paid not to grow crops
we prefer that the market decide the price of farm products by putting an end to communistic farm subsidies.
we prefer an end to corporate welfare
Too bad your democrat politicians don't agree, huh?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1134940 May 11, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>The perpetrators are Moslems practicing their religion. Grasp that simple fact Stretchy Pants are Haute Couture.
They are radicals just like you. Muslims everywhere are condemning their actions just as your fellow Jews consider you a bad element.
NuculurNUTsurpri Zed

Palm Coast, FL

#1134941 May 11, 2014
Not Surprized wrote:
Just me and my trolls. Just the way I like it cause I'm under the hallucination that it's MY thread!!
Bwaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! !!!
Not Surprized! LOL
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1134942 May 11, 2014
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>Petey, Romney signed a STATE manndate. You know the difference between STATE and FEDERAL don't you Petey?
lol! Chica, you shouldn't talk about the federal government if you can't find your DOW!!!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1134943 May 11, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Another libtard that thinks letting some one keeping more of their money is giving them money.
lol! Another reich winger who can keep more of his money if he goes to a place like Somalia, but refuses to do so!!!

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1134944 May 11, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah keep trying to sell that one Carol. Tort reform wouldn't save anything.
Medical malpractice is actually a tiny percentage of health care costs, in part because medical malpractice claims are far less frequent than many people believe.
In 2004, the CBO calculated malpractice costs amounted to “less than 2 percent of overall health care spending. Thus, even a reduction of 25 percent to 30 percent in malpractice costs would lower health care costs by only about 0.4 percent to 0.5 percent, and the likely effect on health insurance premiums would be comparably small.” i
Five years later, the CBO revisited the issue of medical negligence costs. This time, they attempted to account for the indirect costs of medical negligence, mainly the idea that doctors order extra tests to avoid liability. Again, the CBO found that tort reform would only save 0.5 percent of all health care costs.ii
Other authorities have also found that the direct costs associated with medical negligence are a tiny fraction of health care costs. According to the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC), the total amount of money spent defending claims and compensating victims of medical negligence in 2010 was $5.8 billion, or just 0.3 percent of the $2.6 trillion spent on health care in the U.S. that same year.iii
Tort reform would allow insurance companies to use their deep pockets to bulldoze over justified lawsuits.
Allowing sales over state lines would just encourage insurance companies to headquarter in whatever states have to loosest regulations and that would mean they could raise rates at will.
According to the American Association of Orthopaedic Surgeons:

A 2012 study of orthopaedic surgeons estimated that defensive medicine practices by this single specialty added $2 billion to the nation’s annual healthcare costs. It is likely that other high-risk specialties might be responsible for similar amounts.

Although medical malpractice liability may not be the “biggest cost driver,” it does add to healthcare spending. If the United States is serious about decreasing healthcare costs, it must address all issues—including medical liability.

http://www.aaos.org/news/aaosnow/dec12/advoca...

The article gives other perspectives as well.

But they emphasize decision-making guidelines have to minimize unnecessary tests and procedures and how it's important for all specialties to begin incorporating these guidelines. They may help control costs and reduce defensive medicine practices.

Again...measures to reduce costs was completely overlooked in ObamaCare.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1134945 May 11, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>why do they keep terrorizing then? even Bill Maher calls you liberals out once in a while. You are the moslem lover of the board, we all know that.
http://conservativevideos.com/2014/05/bill-ma...
Maher got it right--you are still so wrong. Moslems the Religion of Pieces when they amputate your arm or leg or head for not praying 5 times a day--or if you want to leave the religion. Yeah Islam is great.
See, this is where you get it wrong. I am not a "Moslem lover". I am tolerant of ALL religions and do not just all by the actions of a few. You, on the other hand, condemn and hate anyone that doesn't following your path of destruction.
Michelle

Cranberry Twp, PA

#1134946 May 11, 2014
Barack is making efficient use of the Secret Service to provide private security for our friends.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/the-se...

#BringBackOurGirls

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1134947 May 11, 2014
Oh my!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 20 min Patrick 226,389
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 49 min PEE PEE PETE 27,087
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr Brian_G 305,456
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (May '13) Aug 26 RICK SERVICE 29
offer Aug 23 Peter 1
Addition of Emmitt Holt is "Big" for Indiana Aug 23 Mike Williams 1
Ex-Hoosier Zeller embraces NBA learning Aug 23 Mike Williams 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••