Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1618012 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Homer

Stroudsburg, PA

#1137101 May 16, 2014
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
I dunno, you want me to ax yer dentist, or yew baby mammers?
Glad to hear you are "good" tho..cuz it always good to know good.
(you just axed for that one-Homie.)
Is this meth language, some kind of code? Sorry I'm not looking to purchase.

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#1137102 May 16, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
I know, keep it up I love it. I find it really revealing that he has never accepted your challenge on condemning those that have socks. He still brings up Wilhelm which was over 3 years ago when I first started to play on here, and unlike that chicken sh1t I tried a couple times at posting with a different name for a couple days before I decided that hell I want everyone to know it's me not someone else. Unlike that lyng fool I admitted that I did, But that idiot suffers from an identity crisis and has to have imaginary friends,one can imagine just what a lonely person he really is. I'll bet he even E-mails himself. LMAO.
Thanks for reminding me. I think I'll give him another chance, I'll ask real nice this time.

Dear Mr. Waxman,
As a man of self-described impeccable scruples do you agree with the following?:
Anyone that would falsify, load up or in any way manipulate the judge-it system is a low-life, unethical, mentally ill, pathetic piece of shit.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1137103 May 16, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Waa, waa. No life.
Stop whining Wilhelm. We already know you have no life. You made your own bed, libtard.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1137104 May 16, 2014
IRS scandal link to D.C. eyed

Email shows Tea Party targeted

http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion/us_polit...

Location hidden

#1137105 May 16, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
VA Spends Close to $500 Million on Conference Room, Office Makeovers Under Obama
President requests 3 percent increase for VA budget.
President Barack Obama has increased the Department of Veterans Affairs’ budget each year since he took office, claiming the funds would give veterans the health care they deserve. However, an analysis of records show the agency has spent close to $500 million on office furniture under the Obama administration.
This upcoming fiscal year Obama requested a 3 percent increase for the Veterans Affairs budget. Obama’s FY 2015 budget request points out he has increased the VA discretionary budget by 35.2 percent since 2009 so veterans continue to access necessary services.
“VA’s 2015 budget provides the necessary resources to allow us to serve our veterans who selflessly served our nation,” stated the president’s FY 2015 budget.
As the embattled agency faces charges of record tampering and neglect of veterans, records reviewed by the Washington Free Beacon show the VA has not neglected upgrading and decorating its offices throughout the country.
The VA has spent a total of $489 million to upgrade conference rooms, buy draperies, and purchase new office furniture during the past four-and-a-half years.
A total of 15,010 contracts were awarded for office furniture by the VA for Fiscal Years 2010 through 2014.
“This is just one of many misplaced priorities at the VA, and unfortunately, I think we’ve only begun to scratch the surface,” Sen. John Cornyn (R., Texas) said in an emailed statement.“I will not stop until the VA is investigated top to bottom, and new leadership is brought in to clean up this dysfunctional agency.”
One contract awarded $6.8 million for construction of a conference room and facilities at its Carol Stream, Ill., office. That renovation is ongoing and is expected to be completed next April.
The VA’s San Juan, Puerto Rico office spent $1.8 million on new office furniture, and one of its Virginia offices spent $1.9 million on “systems office furniture.” That project is expected to be completed at the end of this month.
Another $1.4 million is currently being spent on a yearlong third floor renovation project for the “design, purchase/installation of furniture” in Saint Petersburg, Fla. That is expected to be completed on Sep. 17. The Free Beacon found a second contract for the same office signed earlier this year in which $267,131, for “non-upholstered wood household furniture manufacturing.”
The VA also spent $1.8 million for “systems furniture” in Philadelphia; $1.8 million for “multi-functional, mobile, enhance learning space” in Tampa; $1.8 million for “showcases, partitions, shelving” for its Los Angeles office.
To make the office makeovers complete, draperies, roller shades, and cornice boxes were also purchased. The VA spent $10.7 million in the past five fiscal years on curtains and draperies.
Some of those contracts include $454,085 for “cubical curtains and draperies” for its Brecksville, Ohio, office. The Pittsburg, Pa., VA office spent $382,879 on window shades which were just installed in January.
Instead of draperies, the VA’s Los Alamitos office preferred cornice boxes and roller shades. The contract shows they spent $106,615 on its window treatments.
The Free Beacon also found pricey filing system expenditures. For example,$1.7 million was spent on a filing system for the California office. The reason the VA is spending high amounts on filing systems is unclear, since Obama’s FY 2015 budget included $138.7 million in Veteran Claims Intake Program for the conversion of paper documents into eFolders.
Also under Obama administration, the anemic VA budget from the Bush presidency was increased from $90 billion to almost double at $155 billion.

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1137106 May 16, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I love it.
First you are too uninformed to know that the tax exempt status clearly states that the group's major focus can NOT be politics.
Then you can't decide what the "TEA" in Tea Party means.
Are you named after the event (which is really stupid because we have representation in government) or are you Taxed Enough Already.
Or is it you just make up sh*t as you go along.
Let me help you out here. DC has a list of what they consider a "Tea Party" Group

Lerner email to DC

"The screening group manager asked his employees how they were applying the BOLO's short -hand reference to "tea party." His employees responded that they were including organizations meeting any of the following criteria as falling within the BOLO's reference to "tea party" organizations:

"1.'Tea Party','Patriots' or '9/12 Project' is referenced in the case file.

2. Issues include government spending, government debt and taxes.

3. Educate the public through advocacy/legislative activities to make America a better place to live.

4. Statements in the case file that are critical of the how the country is being run."

http://www.judicialwatch.org/wp-content/uploa...

Before you go into your typical whine fest, the emails exists whether you like the organization who obtained them or not.

2) You do not know the code. The tax exempt status 501(c) does NOT state you cannot have political messages.

From the IRS:
"A. Political Educational Organizations
IRC 501(c)(4) requires that organizations operate primarily in promoting in some way the common good and general welfare of the people of the community. To meet this requirement, many IRC 501(c)(4) organizations engage in educating the community.
Guidance regarding educational activities under IRC 501(c)(4) is derived from revenue rulings and court decisions regarding the educational activities of IRC 501(c)(3) organizations.1 Generally, political educational organizations mustconduct their activities in a non-partisan manner.

"Reg. &#61479; 1.501(c)(3)-1(d)(3) provides that the term "educational" relates to (a) the instruction or training of the individual for the purpose of improving or developing his capabilities; or (b) the instruction of the public on subjects useful to the individual and beneficial to the community. An organization may be educational even though it advocates a particular position or viewpoint if it presents a sufficiently full and fair exposition of the pertinent facts to permit an individual or the public to form an independent opinion or conclusion. An example of an educational organization is an organization whose activities consist of presenting public discussion groups, forums, panels, lectures, or other similar programs."
http://search.yahoo.com/search...
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1137107 May 16, 2014
-Bombshell emails indicate handling of scheme targeting conservative nonprofit groups was quarterbacked at the IRS's D.C. office
-Sen. Carl Levin, a Michigan Democrat, applied pressure in 2012 to the IRS to slow down mostly right-leaning groups he thought were too 'political'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-26283...

The Democrats Ministry of Propaganda MSM in the USA must be in high gear now burying this story!
el cid 777

Scranton, PA

#1137108 May 16, 2014
Hi! It is another Friday already! The weeks are flying by, in case you
haven`t noticed...I have some news about the space aliens...The reason The U.S.A. government will not admit there are space aliens and that we are not alone in the universe is this...The space aliens
politics is this...They are social democrats also known as .communists!
Maybe U.S.A. politics is wrong? The space aliens have a lot to teach us! We DO HAVE 2% of the population having 90% of the money! We
DO HAVE the rich stifling the patents! I will turn my attention to religion....If there are space aliens and they have been around millions
of years, then the Bible is wrong and obsolete and our religious and
political leaders have been lying to us! Study the American Indian
religions...Are they wrong? Or are they right? According to what I read
on the internet, heaven is going to give the secret inventions to
Taiwan and Communist China and Communist China and India will be
traveling the speed of light and go to the planets in 10 years and the
U.S.A. will be twidelling their thumbs! Now, Communist China will have
to be given the plans for new metals (alloys) that can stand the rigors
of traveling the speed of light! We do not have these alloys as of now,
but the space aliens do! I do not have anything to say for now. I will
write again this afternoon. Love, el cid 777
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1137109 May 16, 2014
May 12, 2014

The media ignore IRS scandal

http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2014/05...
BocaTwittyBar

Palm Coast, FL

#1137110 May 16, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Waa, waa. No life.
Then pray to Obama that he will bring you one, you dumbfck.

Location hidden

#1137111 May 16, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I wonder if Officer Pike will blast them in the eyes with tear gas.
Good one Lily! As painful as it would be, that would force me to watch FOX News for a week just to see how they covered it.

Location hidden

#1137112 May 16, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
May 12, 2014
The media ignore IRS scandal
http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2014/05...
"What difference does it make?"
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1137113 May 16, 2014
IRS scandal link to D.C. eyed
Email shows Tea Party targeted
http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion/us_polit...
WAA,waa, sniffle, sniffle. Your mascara is running wimpie.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1137114 May 16, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! You wiki warriors you!!!
Perhaps she actually learned something when she posted that information (but I seriously doubt it). So much for her claim that "The Dems in the Senate --who has (sic) been in control for almost 8 years---are the ones who failed to provide monies."

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1137115 May 16, 2014
Nostrilis Waxmoron wrote:
<quoted text>
Also under Obama administration, the anemic VA budget from the Bush presidency was increased from $90 billion to almost double at $155 billion.
WTF does that prove? Did you read the article? It's not how much money is given to the VA, it's how they spend it. Fcking idiot.

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1137116 May 16, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
WAA,waa, sniffle, sniffle. Your mascara is running wimpie.
With the IRS scandal NOT going away but getting more alarming because of the DC involvement, it is understandable you are stuck with dumb responses to it.

This scandal really hits hard as it shows political corruption.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1137117 May 16, 2014
Straight from the top!

"New IRS emails describe Washington direction of Tea Party targeting efforts"

http://washingtonexaminer.com/new-irs-emails-...

Location hidden

#1137118 May 16, 2014
Hobby Lobby responds to birth control scandal.

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/45210f881a/h...

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1137119 May 16, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol!
"...."Every one of our finalists gets fake votes every year," Adelson told The Associated Press. "We like to think that's the enthusiasm of adults who love children's books."...."
LOL. More like the enthusiasm of Rush supporters.

Rush told his listeners “We are in the second day of voting for the Children's Choice Book Awards. I just mentioned this a couple of times yesterday….” and went on to tell them they could find a link “right at the top of our home page.”

RUSH: "The awards were handed out last night by the Children's Book Council, and I want to take a moment here to thank everyone in the audience, particularly the young people who voted." LOL. Like there are any children in his audience.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1137120 May 16, 2014
White House spin on IRS scandal collapsing quickly
4 hours ago
Canada Free Press
http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/...
"That was always hard to believe, but now we’re seeing clearer evidence that it was a lie. "
Canada's WND.

at least you're consistent.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 8 min Trojan 34,436
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 hr weapon X 318,260
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Oct 15 Heretic 11,649
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Sep 30 Frankie Rizzo 201,871
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Sep 29 Alice Meng 13
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Sep 20 The pope 258,482
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Sep '17 Love 292
More from around the web