Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Read more
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1135530 May 13, 2014
Nostrilis Waxmoron wrote:
<quoted text>
Bad morning for right wing morons as they are forced to dodge a mine field of facts. Maybe you should ease up on poor Carol before her head explodes.
Evidence would indicate that carols head exploded long ago, and absorption is not possible as indicated on here daily.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1135531 May 13, 2014
flack wrote:
Geithner, in memoir, suggests White House asked him to bend truth on deficit
Published May 12, 2014FoxNews.com Facebook1416 Twitter560 Gplus119
Former Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner claims in his new book that the White House on more than one occasion tried to put words in his mouth or outright asked him to bend the truth.
In his memoir, "Stress Test: Reflections on Financial Crises," Geithner recalls a Sunday talk show prep session in 2011 during which top White House adviser Dan Pfeiffer wanted him to say Social Security "didn't contribute" to the federal deficit. Geithner wrote that he objected.
"It wasn't a main driver of our future deficits, but it did contribute," Geithner wrote, explaining his own reasoning. "Pfeiffer said the line was a 'dog whistle' to the left, a phrase I had never heard before. He had to explain that the phrase was code to the Democratic base, signaling that we intended to protect Social Security."
After the anecdote began to generate attention on Monday, a source close to Geithner clarified to Fox News that the former secretary "does not believe he was encouraged to go out and mislead the public on the Sunday shows."
The source said all the former secretary was trying to get across was that Pfeiffer wanted him to "send a signal" to liberals about the president's commitment to not allowing major cuts to Social Security.
White House Press Secretary Jay Carney also defended Pfeiffer, reiterating the White House position that Social Security is not the "main driver" of the deficit, when compared with health care-related entitlement programs. "That, I'm sure, is the point that Dan was making," Carney said.
Still, the episode and others in the 544-page book, in stores Monday, provide a glimpse into how the White House screens and provides information to the public -- particularly following revelations about White House involvement in a "prep call" for then-U.N. ambassador Susan Rice's controversial appearance on Sunday shows after the 2012 Benghazi attacks.
Geithner also recalled an incident in January 2009, having been on the job as secretary for less than a week, in which he rejected what a Democratic strategist wanted him to say at an Oval Office press event.
"I was supposed to have my first one-on-one meeting with President Obama," Geithner wrote. "As I was about to walk into the Oval Office, Stephanie Cutter, a veteran Democratic operative who was handling our communications strategy, told me we would have a 'pool spray,' a photo opportunity for the White House press.
"The president and I would make brief remarks about executive compensation, responding to a report that Wall Street firms had paid their executives big bonuses while piling up record losses in 2008.'Here's what you're going to say,' Cutter said."
Geithner wrote that Cutter handed him the text, and he "skimmed the outrage I was expected to express."
He wrote: "I'm not very convincing as an angry populist, and I thought the artifice would look ridiculous."
According to his memoir, he told Cutter he wouldn't do it.
"Instead, I sat uncomfortably next to the president while he expressed outrage. Americans were furious about bailouts for overpaid bankers, and the White House political team wanted us to show we were on the right side of the backlash," he wrote. "The public outrage was appropriate ... but I didn't see how we could ever satisfy it. We had no legal authority to confiscate the bonuses that had been paid during the boom."
Fox News' Ed Henry and FoxNews.com 's Joseph Weber contributed to this report.
Poster Carol said that the white house "forced" Geithner to lie__I guess Carol was being untruthful eh???
Rahm Jizzbucket Emanuel

Oswego, IL

#1135532 May 13, 2014
Wow...our leftist comrades are still celebrating the lies and failures of the democrats. Unemployment must be a new leftist hand-me-down from father to son. Keep trying to polish bo's turds and cashing those unemployment checks!
Red Lobster

Palm Coast, FL

#1135533 May 13, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks PDupont, unfortunately old Eed never seems to have a point other than his insistence on proving just how lame he really is.
That was very sweet, and extremely lame. No wonder you've been banned.
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

#1135534 May 13, 2014
Wank Much wrote:
Just stick your eye up to one of them, Ticker, you'll see it's bound to lead somewhere food is available... only sideways... I'm gonna get in trouble here aren't I....
Proof positive of the definition that SHOULD be next to the word "men" in dictionaries every where:

Natural born WANKERS worms fo'sure.
Red Lobster

Palm Coast, FL

#1135535 May 13, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Poster Carol said that the white house "forced" Geithner to lie__I guess Carol was being untruthful eh???
"untruthful"? Try Obama; he's the one who earned "Lie of the Year"!
Patrick

United States

#1135536 May 13, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
And who were these generals Carol? The fact is that Obama did order all available assets to be used for the rescue when he was made aware of the situation.
Carol reelected President Obama with her posts
If she depended on the ER for medical care she might no longer be posting
NuculurNUTsurpri Zed

Palm Coast, FL

#1135537 May 13, 2014
Not Surprized wrote:
GOOD MORNING TOXIC OBAMABOT FAMILY!!!!!
As you all can see I have been up all night into the wee small hours maniacally judging your posts and chit-chatting back and forth to myself using many of my favorite sockpuppets!! A "labor of love" though tiring!! I had to change my depends three times last night but it was worth every diaper as it was challenging and exciting!! I have been using a new product called "Lie of the Year",, very effective if I don't say so myself!!! "Grey Ghost" loves them!!!! Anyone who spends as much time on Topix as we do (though I doubt there is) should look into them. Fabulous!
I and most of my sockpuppets will be on board all day today making idiotic and mentally deranged comments, the sole purpose being to harass and feebly attempt to insult the legitimate posters who use this forum.
ATTENTION!!!! I have brought forth another favorite sockpuppet creation from the bottomless pit of my sockpuppet closet, "Hillaryous"!!! She will be posting along with one of my favorite socks, "Realtime" for most of the day, so please my dear friends, stick around today!!!!
And welcome them with some of that Topix love!!!
I will also be judging your posts all day. I plan to be here for the entire day and night with my sockpuppets so get ready for an all out judgit blowout shitshow!!!! Please JOIN in!! I will give you a head start if needed. I enjoy spending the day here giving out judgits to anyone who doesn't agree with me and I like to think I have full control of this thread!!! I consider it "mine"!!!!!!
As usual I will share a couple of my secrets with my topix friends:
As I have revealed, if you want to get an edge in the judgit race, doubling up on the industrial strength depends are a must. And constipating foods are a big help!! I recommend cheese and lots of it!!
Multiple IP addresses are a must as well!!!!
Warm hugs,''Not Surprized,,,the ( very chubby, chubby-chasing) toxic troll from boca raton fl!!
PS: PHONE NUMBERS PLEASE!!!!
On my way to group now,,,I will return shortly, relaxed, rejuvenated and refreshed!!!!
Not Surprized! LOL

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1135538 May 13, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
The Palestinians have been more cooperative with U.S. proposals than have the Israelis. We can't even get those idiots to quit building settlements on Palestinians land. They actually think that they are the chosen people, and we should be indebted to them and a large segment of our society agree, so they know they own us in a lot of ways. While the Palestinians have no one. I say we arm them and then watch how quickly peace comes to that area.
Corporal Captain Ghostie you have to be the dumbest person posting on this thread. At least in the top three! Why do we never hear you moonbats bitch about the land in Jordan that supposedly belongs to the Palestinians. Most of the land is held by Jordan yet we never hear about that.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1135540 May 13, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Poster Carol said that the white house "forced" Geithner to lie__I guess Carol was being untruthful eh???
Maybe the generals on the ground told her that
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1135541 May 13, 2014
Red Lobster wrote:
<quoted text> That was very sweet, and extremely lame. No wonder you've been banned.
Speaking of the lame, have you no shame Waxturd?
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

#1135542 May 13, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
No Carol, that's not what he said at all. Once again his actual testimony;
CONNOLLY: I want to read to you the conclusion of the chairman of the [Armed Services] Committee, the Republican chairman Buck McKeon, who conducted formal briefings and oversaw that report. He said, quote, "I'm pretty well satisfied that given where the troops were, how quickly the thing all happened, and how quickly it dissipated we probably couldn't have done much more than we did." Do you take issue with the Chairman of the Armed Services Committee? In that conclusion?
LOVELL: His conclusion that he couldn't have done much more than they did with the capability and the way they executed it?
CONNOLLY: Given the timeframe.
LOVELL: That's a fact.
CONNOLLY: OK.
LOVELL: The way it is right now. The way he stated it.
CONNOLLY: All right, because I'm sure you can appreciate, general, there might be some who, for various and sundry reasons would like to distort your testimony and suggest that you're testifying that we could have, should have done a lot more than we did because we had capabilities we simply didn't utilize. That is not your testimony?
LOVELL: That is not my testimony.
CONNOLLY: I thank you very much.
Says a lot about the Benghazi attack of the "zombie vid-ee-yo" doesn't it, wanker Dupont.
sonicfilter

Noblesville, IN

#1135543 May 13, 2014
If American presidents need to prove a basic ability to accept facts, then Senator Marco Rubio of Florida—who’s publicly mulling a run — just disqualified himself from competition.

In an interview with ABC on Sunday, days after the release of an alarming White House report on the present and future effects of climate change on the United States, Mr. Rubio said:

“I do not believe that human activity is causing these dramatic changes to our climate the way these scientists are portraying it.”[...] Here’s the kicker: Mr. Rubio sits on the Committee on Commerce, Science and Transportation, and the Subcommittee on Science and Space.

http://takingnote.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/05/1...
sonicfilter

Noblesville, IN

#1135544 May 13, 2014
Marco Rubio wants to be president of the United States this century. Much of coastal Florida probably won’t be underwater until next century. As with most political careers, timing is everything.[...] To be fair, Rubio didn’t go off the deep end. He didn’t deny that the climate is changing. He just said it’s not our fault, so why not adopt Mad magazine’s Alfred E. Neuman approach:“What, me worry?”

Or, to put it in terms the Koch brothers would approve of:“Let’s make money while the sun is still shining.” Because, you know, there will be big bucks in building seawalls and dikes and the like as the water laps at our coastal cities in 100 years or so.

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/opinion-la/la-...
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

#1135545 May 13, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Previous to questioning by Connally, Lovell was questioned by Jim Jordan (R) Ohio who's leading questions and grandstanding had the General agreeing to gibberish. Naturally the FOX highlights were taken from that session. Gen Lovell should not have been a witness at all__he had no firsthand knowledge of the attack on the consulate nor any advance knowledge of the attack on the CIA annex and no one in Benghazi at the time of the attacks fell under his AFRICOM command.
The intellectually lazy poster Carol is completely lost on the subject.
Mo'proof of the Failure of (just what the Hell WAS the ) Foe'reign Policy in Benghazi?

Jutt answer THE/THAT question pleeze.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1135546 May 13, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Only progressive secularist liberals hide behind the skirt of Christianity, so to speak, if it furthers their secularist, anti-Christian and anti-traditional values agenda.
They have zero tolerance for anything - or anyone - that even resembles traditional or Christian values any other time.
You clearly have it backwards.
Never brought up religion when talking about politics once. Had to shed some light on the subject because PGs do it all the time, however.
What a load!

It is you who hides behind the skirt of Christianity.
It is you who repeatedly touts her religion to further an agenda of hate, intolerance and exclusion.
It is you whose wish it is to impose her religion onto others; by continually pecking away at the rights of women; and public education.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1135548 May 13, 2014
I salute Dupont and commend him on his extraordinary clean up of bullshyt on here this morning!

Phenomenal job Dupont, keep up the good work!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1135549 May 13, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Marco Rubio wants to be president of the United States this century. Much of coastal Florida probably won’t be underwater until next century. As with most political careers, timing is everything.[...] To be fair, Rubio didn’t go off the deep end. He didn’t deny that the climate is changing. He just said it’s not our fault, so why not adopt Mad magazine’s Alfred E. Neuman approach:“What, me worry?”
Or, to put it in terms the Koch brothers would approve of:“Let’s make money while the sun is still shining.” Because, you know, there will be big bucks in building seawalls and dikes and the like as the water laps at our coastal cities in 100 years or so.
http://www.latimes.com/opinion/opinion-la/la-...
Mark Blonde is a dope.

“Stop Child Soliders”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1135550 May 13, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
No Carol, that's not what he said at all. Once again his actual testimony;
CONNOLLY: I want to read to you the conclusion of the chairman of the [Armed Services] Committee, the Republican chairman Buck McKeon, who conducted formal briefings and oversaw that report. He said, quote, "I'm pretty well satisfied that given where the troops were, how quickly the thing all happened, and how quickly it dissipated we probably couldn't have done much more than we did." Do you take issue with the Chairman of the Armed Services Committee? In that conclusion?
LOVELL: His conclusion that he couldn't have done much more than they did with the capability and the way they executed it?
CONNOLLY: Given the timeframe.
LOVELL: That's a fact.
CONNOLLY: OK.
LOVELL: The way it is right now. The way he stated it.
CONNOLLY: All right, because I'm sure you can appreciate, general, there might be some who, for various and sundry reasons would like to distort your testimony and suggest that you're testifying that we could have, should have done a lot more than we did because we had capabilities we simply didn't utilize. That is not your testimony?
LOVELL: That is not my testimony.
CONNOLLY: I thank you very much.
Source
Red Lobster

Palm Coast, FL

#1135551 May 13, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of the lame, have you no shame Waxturd?
Shame is worshipping a lying president while being banned from Red Lobster while you're being arrested in a '47 jalopy in our parking lot.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr Brian_G 309,579
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 2 hr Fair Game 5,201
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 hr thetruth 237,660
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 13 hr tom wingo 29,511
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Thu ocean 201,862
News Kecoughtan High teacher resigns after drug charges (Nov '07) Apr 14 tom wingo 73
Should child beauty pageants be banned? (Sep '14) Apr 13 Da King 777
More from around the web