Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1235956 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Grey Ghosts Colostomy Bag

Los Angeles, CA

#1134903 May 11, 2014
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>you confirmed for everyone to see you are still clueless.
It runs in the the Libtard family

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1134904 May 11, 2014
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>you confirmed for everyone to see you are still clueless.
by continuing to deal with facts and reason...

sure pal...
Grey Ghosts Colostomy Bag

Los Angeles, CA

#1134905 May 11, 2014
I need changing
Red Lobster

Palm Coast, FL

#1134906 May 11, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
From a very Juvenile and obviously envy ridden Waxman. Thanks maybe someday your ship will arrive. But alas you will probably be at the train station.
Did you just make that up? Bwhahahahahahahaha...
Grey Ghosts Colostomy Bag

Los Angeles, CA

#1134907 May 11, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>by continuing to deal with facts and reason...
sure pal...
Yup, still clueless

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Non real estate

#1134908 May 11, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>wasn't that the whole point of the ACA?
Yes, it failed.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1134909 May 11, 2014
Panera CEO Supports Raising Minimum Wage, Replacing Cashiers with Computers
SHARE
TWEET
EMAIL
Panera Bread Co. CEO Ron Shaich / APPanera Bread Co. CEO Ron Shaich / AP

BY: Washington Free Beacon Staff
May 9, 2014 11:33 am

Panera Bread CEO Rob Shaich, a Democratic donor and minimum wage supporter, recently announced that he will be replacing cashiers with computers.

Shaich, who donated $35,800 to the Obama Victory Fund, said he wanted the minimum wage raised as long as it applied equally to all, according to Tim Carney of the Washington Examiner.

My question: Will Shaich pay $10.10 an hour to the kiosks he plans to install in every Panera in America? Businessweek tells that at the coffee and sandwich shop, you’ll soon be ordering through a touch-screen kiosk. Shaich insists this won’t lead to downsizing: Panera will have fewer cashiers but more employees running the food to customers’ tables. We’ll see.

I’ve written before about companies like Costco and Walmart supporting hikes in the minimum wage, knowing this will adversely affect their smaller competitors.
NuculurNUTsurpri Zed

Palm Coast, FL

#1134910 May 11, 2014
Not Surprized wrote:
<quoted text>
It's called a meltdown!!!!!! Can't you tell I'm in the throes of one right now??? Hugs&xoxo
Not Surprized! LOL
NuculurNUTsurpri Zed

Palm Coast, FL

#1134911 May 11, 2014
Not Surprized wrote:
Once again I'm a little depressed by the tired old face that I see,
Once again it is time to be someone, who's anyone other than me.
With the rare combination of girlish excitement and manly restraint,
I position my precious assortment of pencils and powders and paint.
So whenever I feel that my place in the world is beginning to crash,
I apply one great stroke of Mascara to my rather limp upper lash.
And I can cope again, Good God! There's hope again!
When life is a real bitch again, and my old sense of humor has up, and gone
It's time for the big switch again, I put a little more Mascara on.
When I count my crow's feet again, and tired of this perpetual marathon,
I put down the john-seat again, and put a little more Mascara on.
And ev'rything's sparkle dust, bugle beads, ostrich plums,
When it's a beaded lash that you look through,
'Cause when I feel glamorous, elegant, beautiful,
The world that I'm looking at's beautiful too!
When my little road has a few bumps again,
And I need something level to lean upon,
I put on my sling pumps again,
And wham! This ugly duckling is a swan!
Not Surprized! LOL
Grey Ghosts Colostomy Bag

Los Angeles, CA

#1134912 May 11, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
It's way more than obvious that hate driven ideologues like you will bend and twist until you arrive at your own results. Obamas lie wasn't a deliberate one like the Bush- Cheney ones were.His didn't get millions killed and cost us a couple trillion dollars. Where do you morons get this worship sh1t from? Simply because you support someone doesn't mean you worship them, although in bagger world that type mentality does exist. Idiots like you are never able to really change anyone's mind, and only lend to show your own lack of knowledge and are simply being used on most subjects. But that's pretty much what Elephants do they latch on to the tail of the one in front and follow right off the cliff. So off you go BOZO.
And donkeys are forced to get in line and do what they are instructed, jackass. Your Libtards new mascot is the Ostrich
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1134913 May 11, 2014
Grey Ghosts Colostomy Bag wrote:
I need changing
Maybe you should have thought of that prior to naming yourself a sh1t bag. Dumbazz. BWAAA
NuculurNUTsurpri Zed

Palm Coast, FL

#1134914 May 11, 2014
Not Surprized wrote:
So when my spirit starts to sag,
I hustle out my highest drag,
And put a little more mascara on.
And ev'rything's ankle straps, Maribou, Shalimar!
It's worth socking in my gut, and girdling my rear.
'Cause ev'rything's ravishing, sensual, fabulous!
When Grey Ghost is tucked away, and, Homer is here!
When ev'rything slides down the old tubes again,
And when my self esteem has begun to drift,
I strap on my fake boobs again,
And literally give myself a lift.
So when it's cold and when it's bleak,
I simply rouge the other cheek,
For I can face another day
In slipper satin lingerie.
To make depression disappear,
I screw some rhine stones on my ear,
And put my brooches and tiara,
And a little more mascara on
Sparkle dust, bugle beads,
Ankle straps, Maribou...On! Ankle straps, Maribou,
Ostrich plumes, Shalimar,
Ravishing, fabulous, on! Ravishing, fabulous, on!
Hugs Not Surprized!!
PS, looks like I'm having another meltdown!!!!!!!!
Not Surprized! LOL

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1134915 May 11, 2014
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, it failed.
seems if it got done what it stated it was there for, it didn't fail...
Nostrilis Waxman

UK

#1134916 May 11, 2014
Just me and my trolls. Just the way I like it cause it's MY thread!!

Bwaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! !!!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1134917 May 11, 2014
House Democrats Just Gave Obama the Middle Finger

May 9, 2014 By Matthew Burke

Nancy.Pelosi (1)

In a highly unusual and rare show of bipartisanship, 62 House Democrats joined with their Republican congressional colleagues in easily passing the American Research and Competitiveness Act (H.R. 4438), a bill Obama has promised to veto.

The bill, introduced by Rep. Kevin Brady (R-Texas) would simplify the research and development tax credit for businesses and make it permanent. The bill easily passed on Friday 274-131, even against fierce Obama White House lobbying efforts. All but one Republican voted for the bill.

Obama, the biggest deficit spender in the history of the world, is suddenly concerned with deficit spending, saying he would veto the legislation because,“By making the R&D credit permanent without offsets, H.R. 4438 would add $156 billion to the deficit over the next 10 years.”

The R&D tax credit expired in December.

Roll Call reports that there is considerable fighting among the usually robotic Democrat House, saying House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi is livid at her fellow Democrats, the over five dozen who voted in the face of Obama’s veto threat:
The defections are particularly striking because at a private meeting immediately preceding the vote, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi of California, Minority Whip Steny H. Hoyer of Maryland, Assistant Leader James E. Clyburn of South Carolina and Budget ranking member Chris Van Hollen of Maryland sharply admonished Democrats planning to vote for the bill.

Voting “yes,” they argued, sets a precedent for a half-dozen more tax extenders Republicans plan to bring to the floor without offsets, and the budget cuts needed to pay for them will ostensibly come from Democratic priorities.

Aides present at the closed-door meeting Friday said Pelosi had particularly harsh words for her colleagues inclined to defect — at one point questioning their integrity, according to a source in the meeting.

“Today’s House passage of a stronger, permanent R&D tax credit is an important step forward in increasing investment in the United States to create high-wage jobs,” the National Association of Manufacturers said in a statement.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1134918 May 11, 2014
flack wrote:
Panera CEO Supports Raising Minimum Wage, Replacing Cashiers with Computers
SHARE
TWEET
EMAIL
Panera Bread Co. CEO Ron Shaich / APPanera Bread Co. CEO Ron Shaich / AP
BY: Washington Free Beacon Staff
May 9, 2014 11:33 am
Panera Bread CEO Rob Shaich, a Democratic donor and minimum wage supporter, recently announced that he will be replacing cashiers with computers.
Shaich, who donated $35,800 to the Obama Victory Fund, said he wanted the minimum wage raised as long as it applied equally to all, according to Tim Carney of the Washington Examiner.
My question: Will Shaich pay $10.10 an hour to the kiosks he plans to install in every Panera in America? Businessweek tells that at the coffee and sandwich shop, you’ll soon be ordering through a touch-screen kiosk. Shaich insists this won’t lead to downsizing: Panera will have fewer cashiers but more employees running the food to customers’ tables. We’ll see.
I’ve written before about companies like Costco and Walmart supporting hikes in the minimum wage, knowing this will adversely affect their smaller competitors.
they use that system in the MPX gold terminal restaurants...i pads at every table you order off of and they bring your food to you.

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1134919 May 11, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay Carol, so it's the Republicans who want to impose a new tax on premiums. But under the ACA you don't have to pay this extra tax unless you forego coverage. Republicans want to penalize people who are responsible enough to get coverage for themselves and their families but not do anything about those who want to roll the dice and hope they don't get sick or injured.
Wow! That make a whole lot of sense!
The key elements of the GOP's health care reform:

~Lowering health care premiums for families and small businesses - financing state-based reforms that lower premiums, ending junk lawsuits, and increasing competition and access to insurance products for small businesses and individuals.
~Establishing Universal Access Programs to guarantee access to affordable care for those with pre-existing conditions - expanding and reforming high-risk pools and reinsurance programs to guarantee all Americans, regardless of pre-existing conditions or past illnesses, have access to affordable care while lowering costs for all Americans.
~Ending costly junk lawsuits and curb defensive medicine by enacting medical liability reforms.
~Preventing insurers from unjustly cancelling a policy or instituting lifetime spending caps making it illegal for an insurance company to deny coverage to someone with prior coverage on the basis of a pre-existing condition and prohibiting insurance plans from instituting lifetime spending limits.
~Encouraging Small Business Health Plans giving small businesses the power to pool together and offer health care at lower prices, just as corporations and labor unions do.
~Encouraging innovative state programs by providing incentive payments to states that reduce premiums and the number of uninsured.
~Allowing Americans to buy insurance across state lines.
~Promoting healthier lifestyles by prevention & wellness and giving employers greater flexibility to financially reward employees who adopt healthier lifestyles.
~Enhancing Health Savings Accounts (HSAs) creating new incentives to save for future and long-term care needs to use HSAs to pay premiums.

http://www.gop.gov/gop-reforms-to-lower-healt...

What's wrong with this plan?
Michelle

Cranberry Twp, PA

#1134920 May 11, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text> same god as chrns and jews...
slavery is cool with that god. killing those that don't believe as you do? cool also!
nice cult y'all got there...
Meanwhile, Woodtick worships Woodtick.

#BringBackOurGirls

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1134921 May 11, 2014
flack wrote:
House Democrats Just Gave Obama the Middle Finger
May 9, 2014 By Matthew Burke
Nancy.Pelosi (1)
In a highly unusual and rare show of bipartisanship, 62 House Democrats joined with their Republican congressional colleagues in easily passing the American Research and Competitiveness Act (H.R. 4438), a bill Obama has promised to veto.
The bill, introduced by Rep. Kevin Brady (R-Texas) would simplify the research and development tax credit for businesses and make it permanent. The bill easily passed on Friday 274-131, even against fierce Obama White House lobbying efforts. All but one Republican voted for the bill.
Obama, the biggest deficit spender in the history of the world, is suddenly concerned with deficit spending, saying he would veto the legislation because,“By making the R&D credit permanent without offsets, H.R. 4438 would add $156 billion to the deficit over the next 10 years.”
The R&D tax credit expired in December.
Roll Call reports that there is considerable fighting among the usually robotic Democrat House, saying House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi is livid at her fellow Democrats, the over five dozen who voted in the face of Obama’s veto threat:
The defections are particularly striking because at a private meeting immediately preceding the vote, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi of California, Minority Whip Steny H. Hoyer of Maryland, Assistant Leader James E. Clyburn of South Carolina and Budget ranking member Chris Van Hollen of Maryland sharply admonished Democrats planning to vote for the bill.
Voting “yes,” they argued, sets a precedent for a half-dozen more tax extenders Republicans plan to bring to the floor without offsets, and the budget cuts needed to pay for them will ostensibly come from Democratic priorities.
Aides present at the closed-door meeting Friday said Pelosi had particularly harsh words for her colleagues inclined to defect — at one point questioning their integrity, according to a source in the meeting.
“Today’s House passage of a stronger, permanent R&D tax credit is an important step forward in increasing investment in the United States to create high-wage jobs,” the National Association of Manufacturers said in a statement.
The key word in that bill is "simplify".

Democrats prefer "complicated" and "overkill". It keeps us confused.
Michelle

Cranberry Twp, PA

#1134922 May 11, 2014
Tinka wrote:
They didn't exchange Pluto they took him off the chart and made him a dwarf planet...
97% of planetary scientists reached a consensus that Pluto should be voted out of the club.

#BringBackOurGirls

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 24 min NinaRocks 5,732
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 33 min Kaitlin the Wolf ... 239,851
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr John-K 309,974
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 4 hr tom wingo 29,779
News Former UConn Player Pleads Guilty -- Courant.com (Oct '07) May 29 tom wingo 22
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) May 29 Pietro Armando 201,809
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... May 25 Timotion 7
More from around the web