Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1394991 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1135826 May 13, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
Seriously, who is the last Dem POTUS nominee to release full medical records? Dukakis?
Anal STD's can be a big political liability.

Lapeer, MI

#1135827 May 13, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
As if that would make a difference.
Hee, Hee.

You can't hide your fear very well, idiot.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1135828 May 13, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Grow up.
I am aware of what was stated by Panetta. I have already stated that now twice. Was any orders sent beyond this?
so was a general given the order you questioned or not?

simple question ..but you will run from it, i am sure...

Lapeer, MI

#1135829 May 13, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
What set you off tubby, was it the reference to Shady Pines. Nurse Ratchett is waiting....Hey Onie.
More rhetorical stupidity from the drooling fool.

Since: May 11

Kingston, PA

#1135830 May 13, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Grow up.
I am aware of what was stated by Panetta. I have already stated that now twice. Was any orders sent beyond this?
Funny chit.

You were having the usual tizzy fit because there were no orders by Obama. Now you admit there were.

Let us know when you decide to quit your parade of lies & grow up.
Nostrilis Waxman

UK

#1135831 May 13, 2014
GOOD AFTERNOON TOPIX FAMILY!!!!!

As you all can see I have been up all night into the wee small hours maniacally judging your posts and chit-chatting back and forth to myself using many of my favorite sockpuppets!! A "labor of love" though tiring!! I had to change my depends three times last night but it was worth every diaper as it was challenging and exciting!! I have been using a new product called "Guard your Manhood",, very effective if I don't say so myself!!! "Tinyerecti0n" loves them!!!! Anyone who spends as much time on Topix as we do (though I doubt there is) should look into them. Fabulous!

I and most of my sockpuppets will be on board all day today making idiotic and mentally deranged comments, the sole purpose being to harass and feebly attempt to insult the legitimate posters who use this forum.

ATTENTION!!!! I have brought forth another favorite sockpuppet creation from the bottomless pit of my sockpuppet closet, "Hillaryous"!!! She will be posting along with one of my favorite socks, "Eleanor Beaver" for most of the day, so please my dear friends, stick around today!!!!
And welcome them with some of that Topix love!!!

I will also be judging your posts all day. I plan to be here for the entire day and night with my sockpuppets so get ready for an all out judgit blowout shitshow!!!! Please JOIN in!! I will give you a head start if needed. I enjoy spending the day here giving out judgits to anyone who doesn't agree with me and I like to think I have full control of this thread!!! I consider it "mine"!!!!!!

As usual I will share a couple of my secrets with my topix friends:
As I have revealed, if you want to get an edge in the judgit race, doubling up on the industrial strength depends are a must. And constipating foods are a big help!! I recommend cheese and lots of it!!

Multiple IP addresses are a must as well!!!!

Warm hugs,''Nostrilis Waxman,,,the ( very chubby, chubby-chasing) topix troll from CT!!

PS: PHONE NUMBERS PLEASE!!!!

On my way to group now,,,I will return shortly, relaxed, rejuvenated and refreshed!!!!

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1135832 May 13, 2014
well, Roxie has been smacked down sufficiently. long shift tonight better nap..

outta here!

“Depends on the Day”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1135834 May 13, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Funny chit.
You were having the usual tizzy fit because there were no orders by Obama. Now you admit there were.
Let us know when you decide to quit your parade of lies & grow up.
No, my question was: Did any generals ever get an order-referring to those in the field. Still the question

Dave, you are sounding like woodtick --not a good thing.

Please attempt an answer or just say you don't know.

Out of here for the afternoon.

Left try to develop an intellect and post something more than insults--looks dumb!

Lapeer, MI

#1135835 May 13, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong on both counts. First, we don't agree. This is about as obvious as dogshit in your salad but you eat hardy anyways. Secondly, Bush-Bashing is the last resort of Fools, Liberals or both.
You are both.
http://tinyurl.com/k7lwhyx

Lapeer, MI

#1135836 May 13, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>and here you could have just answered the point...oh wait...no you couldn't that is why you posted this crap as always.
woodtick: "Where do babies come from?"

Shinning: "My but you are godawful stupid"

woodtick: "and here you could have just answered the point.."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA......

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1135838 May 13, 2014
United States Economic Problems Worse Than Even California–$27 Trillion National Debt in 2024
by STEPHEN FRANK on 04/14/2014 · COMMENTS (1) Print This Post Print This Post
California has, according to the State Controller, a cash deficit of $16.7 billion—up $4 billion in just two months—even with increased revenues. The national debt is $17 trillion. Thanks to the spending set in motion by ObamaCare, the stimulus fraud, TARP and other big government programs, in ten years it will be over $27 trillion. That is according to the Congressional Budget Office.

Just to give perspective on the $27 trillion, in the first 220 years of our nation the national debt was $10 trillion. In just 15 years it will almost triple. Obama has proposed over 440 tax increases. Our nation and its people are poorer—but this is what Americans wanted. Reagan killed off the old Soviet Union by out spending them on military needs.

Obama has killed off the United States we know by tax and spend policies, along with open corruption and special interest policies that kill jobs.

081711_deficit -sm

CBO Issues Dire Debt Warning of ‘Fiscal Crisis’

by Wynton Hall, Breitbart, 4/14/14

New figures by the Congressional Budget Office released on Monday reveal that over the next 10 years the U.S. debt-to-GDP ratio will double to 78%.

Over the last four decades America’s average debt-to-GDP ratio was 39%. At the end of 2007, federal debt was just 35% of GDP.

The CBO report says gross federal debt will soar from $17.7 trillion to $27 trillion over the next ten years.

CBO warned of the dire consequences the nation’s debt will have if gone unchecked.

“Such high and rising debt would have serious negative consequences,” says the report.“Federal spending on interest payments would increase considerably when interest rates rose to more typical levels. Moreover, because federal borrowing would eventually raise the cost of investment by businesses and other entities, the capital stock would be smaller, and productivity and wages lower, than if federal borrowing was more limited.”

The report added:“Finally, high debt increases the risk of a fiscal crisis in which investors would lose so much confidence in the government’s ability to manage its budge that the government would be unable to borrow at affordable rates.”

Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1135842 May 13, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
More rhetorical stupidity from the drooling fool.

And just what other options are open for communicating with a empty headed dwarf like you?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1135843 May 13, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Speaking of lying scumbags__here's a blast from the past courtesy of fred/Paul.
Page 8250__ahhh, those were the days eh?
I thought of him when I read about that dummy in NH who shot his friend when he thought he was a turkey
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1135844 May 13, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Hee, Hee.
You can't hide your fear very well, idiot.

Far better than you do your stupid.

Kingston, PA

#1135845 May 13, 2014
flack wrote:
United States Economic Problems Worse Than Even California–$27 Trillion National Debt in 2024
by STEPHEN FRANK on 04/14/2014 · COMMENTS (1) Print This Post Print This Post
California has, according to the State Controller, a cash deficit of $16.7 billion—up $4 billion in just two months—even with increased revenues. The national debt is $17 trillion. Thanks to the spending set in motion by ObamaCare, the stimulus fraud, TARP and other big government programs, in ten years it will be over $27 trillion. That is according to the Congressional Budget Office.
Just to give perspective on the $27 trillion, in the first 220 years of our nation the national debt was $10 trillion. In just 15 years it will almost triple. Obama has proposed over 440 tax increases. Our nation and its people are poorer—but this is what Americans wanted. Reagan killed off the old Soviet Union by out spending them on military needs.
Obama has killed off the United States we know by tax and spend policies, along with open corruption and special interest policies that kill jobs.
081711_deficit -sm
CBO Issues Dire Debt Warning of ‘Fiscal Crisis’
by Wynton Hall, Breitbart, 4/14/14
New figures by the Congressional Budget Office released on Monday reveal that over the next 10 years the U.S. debt-to-GDP ratio will double to 78%.
Over the last four decades America’s average debt-to-GDP ratio was 39%. At the end of 2007, federal debt was just 35% of GDP.
The CBO report says gross federal debt will soar from $17.7 trillion to $27 trillion over the next ten years.
CBO warned of the dire consequences the nation’s debt will have if gone unchecked.
“Such high and rising debt would have serious negative consequences,” says the report.“Federal spending on interest payments would increase considerably when interest rates rose to more typical levels. Moreover, because federal borrowing would eventually raise the cost of investment by businesses and other entities, the capital stock would be smaller, and productivity and wages lower, than if federal borrowing was more limited.”
The report added:“Finally, high debt increases the risk of a fiscal crisis in which investors would lose so much confidence in the government’s ability to manage its budge that the government would be unable to borrow at affordable rates.”
The idea Flack reads this crock & believes it accounts for his flow of stupid posts.

Nooooo. It wasn't the Bush recession. It was all Obama.

Flack - you are truly dumber than sh*t.

Bethlehem, PA

#1135846 May 13, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
No, my question was: Did any generals ever get an order-referring to those in the field. Still the question
Dave, you are sounding like woodtick --not a good thing.
Please attempt an answer or just say you don't know.
Out of here for the afternoon.
Left try to develop an intellect and post something more than insults--looks dumb!
And you're sounding more & more like Whatever. Oh Wait, you were Whatever.

I wonder who told the African Command to look see what they could do?

Or maybe generals just do 'whatever" they want.

What do you think?

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#1135847 May 13, 2014
Global Cooling: Antarctic Sea Ice Coverage Continues To Break Records
8:39 PM 05/12/2014

Email This ArticlePrint This Article
Michael Bastasch
See All Articles
Email Michael Bastasch
Subscribe to RSS
Someone let Al Gore know the South Pole isn’t melting. Antarctic sea ice coverage reached record levels for April, hitting 3.5 million square miles — the largest on record.

It was a cold summer down in Antarctica, with sea ice coverage growing about 43,500 square miles a day, according to the National Snow and Ice Data Center (NSDC). April 2014 beats the previous sea-ice coverage record from April 2008 by a whopping 124,000 square miles.

But even with autumn in full swing in the South Pole,“record levels continue to be set in early May,” reports the NSDC. Sea ice levels have been “significantly above” satellite data averages for 16 consecutive months.

The most pronounced growth in sea-ice coverage is in the eastern Weddell Sea and areas south of Australia and along the southeastern Indian Ocean, according to NSDC. And temperatures in the Weddell Sea region have been 1 to 2 degrees Celsius below the 1981 to 2010 average during March and April. Similar cooling trends have lowered average temperatures along the southern Indian Ocean by 2 to 3 degrees Celsius.

“However, across much of the far Southern Hemisphere, temperatures have been above average: For example, in the southern Antarctic Peninsula, temperatures have been 1 to 2 degrees Celsius (2 to 4 degrees Fahrenheit) above average; in the southern South Pacific, temperatures have been 1.5 to 2.5 degrees Celsius (3 to 4 degrees Fahrenheit) above average, and up to 4 degrees Celsius (7 degrees Fahrenheit) above average in the area near the South Pole,” NSDC notes.

Antarctica has seen huge sea-ice growth throughout this year and last, which caught many climate scientists by surprise — some more literally than others.

In late December, a group of tourists and climate scientists got caught in Antarctic ice pack about 1,500 miles south of Tasmania. The expedition sought to document how global warming has changed the region in the last century, but instead made world headlines for getting stuck in record levels of ice.

“We’re stuck in our own experiment,” the Australasian Antarctic Expedition said in a statement.“We came to Antarctica to study how one of the biggest icebergs in the world has altered the system by trapping ice.”

The expedition was eventually rescued by helicopter and brought back to Australia. To make a bad trip worse, the ice breaker that rescued the expeditionaries also got stuck in some ice on its way back.

But while eastern areas of Antarctica are growing rapidly, scientists are warning that the continent’s western ice sheet has begun to collapse.

“Today we present observational evidence that the [ice sheet] has gone into irreversible retreat,” said Eric Rignot, the lead author of a study claiming the ice sheet was collapsing.“It has reached the point of no return.”

Rignot told reporters at a press conference hosted by NASA that the slow collapse of the glacier could raise sea levels between 10 and 13 feet.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/05/12/global-cool...

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#1135848 May 13, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The idea Flack reads this crock & believes it accounts for his flow of stupid posts.
Nooooo. It wasn't the Bush recession. It was all Obama.
Flack - you are truly dumber than sh*t.
You do understand Sherman that these numbers come from Janet Yellen?

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#1135849 May 13, 2014
IEA says extra $44 tn needed for clean energy future
22 hours ago
In a photo taken on May 9, 2014, a South Korean woman stands before the Seoul city skyline at dusk
In a photo taken on May 9, 2014, a South Korean woman stands before the Seoul city skyline at dusk
The global cost of securing a clean energy future is rising by the year, the International Energy Agency (IEA) warned Monday, estimating that an additional $44 trillion of investment was needed to meet 2050 carbon reduction targets.
Releasing its biennial "Energy Technology Perspectives" report in Seoul, the agency said electricity would increasingly power the world's economies in the decades to come, rivalling oil as the dominant energy carrier.
Surging electricity demand posed serious challenges, said IEA executive director Maria van der Hoeven.
"We must get it right, but we're on the wrong path at the moment," Van der Hoeven told reporters in the South Korean capital.
"Growing use of coal globally is overshadowing progress in renewable energy deployment, and the emissions intensity of the electricity system has not changed in 20 years despite some progress in some regions.
"A radical change of course at the global level is long overdue," she said.
Such a change would, however, be expensive, and the IEA stressed the importance of governments minimising investment risks in the energy sector so as to encourage institutional funding.
International Energy Agency executive director Maria van der Hoeven (C) speaks during a press conference in Seoul on May 12, 201
International Energy Agency executive director Maria van der Hoeven (C) speaks during a press conference in Seoul on May 12, 2014
The agency said an additional $44 trillion in investment was needed to secure a "clean-energy future" by 2050, compared to the $36 trillion it had estimated in its 2012 report.
"The increase partly shows something the IEA has said for some time: the longer we wait, the more expensive it becomes to transform our energy system," Van der Hoeven said.
While the deployment of clean energy technology in emerging economies has rallied over the past year—making up for declines in the industrialised world—the overall picture remains bleak, according to the report's lead author David Elzinga.
"We are not making the technical progress needed to bring down the cost yet," Elzinga said.
Attracting capital investment will be crucial to financing the transition to a clean energy system, the report said, but high capital costs meant investors would need support "to alleviate their exposure to a shift in risk profiles".
It also pointed out that the $44 trillion figure would be more than offset by an estimated $115 trillion in resulting fuel savings.
Eleanor Beaver

United States

#1135850 May 13, 2014
Where's the outrage?

The government of Brunei introduced new laws that punish homosexuality, adultery and insults against Islam with death by stoning. The prior penalty for homosexuality was 10 years in prison.

Celebrities from Ellen DeGeneres to Jay Leno called for a boycott of the famed Beverly Hills Hotel, which is owned by the Sultan of Brunei, after the government introduced the religious edicts late last month.

Oh, by the way, the Clinton Foundation, which has played a key role in helping position Hillary for her 2016 race, received between $1 and $5 million from Brunei.

Have they sent the money back yet?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 26 min Too Easy 9,827
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 6 hr Truth is might 311,332
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 13 hr Bob of Quantum-Faith 255,504
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Sat Bruin For Life 32,288
News What they're saying about Bulls draft pick Bobb... (Jun '15) Jun 20 Tretre 6
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jun 13 Dump Trump 201,862
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Jun 6 James Harry 41
More from around the web