Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1580126 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1135668 May 13, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
I am an Astronaut....
My brother is a Doctor
My mother is a Pharmacist.
My sister is a Dentist...
My first cousin is a College Professor
My dog is on Disney 'dog with a blog'
I won the PowerBall lottery, twice...
I can run the 40 meter dash in 4.27 seconds....
I can bench press 500 lbs...
That's not a bench press; it's a pushup.

“Stop child soldiers ”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1135669 May 13, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
How about the post where you said all land within it's borders was owned by NV. LOL
Turns out, the FEDS own most of the land in the state.......... per the State Constitution.
USA, you do realize this character wasn't present during this debate?

USA the state constitution gave very small parcels of land to the FEDs if you would have read through it.

post1123229 refutes your claims.

USA, re-do number six still doesn't change anything. All it proves is you are OCD
Chip Wannamaker

Baltimore, MD

#1135670 May 13, 2014
Q: How do you find the Ladies Room at a Chamber of Commerce meeting?
A: Just follow the herd, they're all going to the same place...

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#1135671 May 13, 2014
Frequently Asked Questions on Middle East Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus (MERS;CoV)
9 May 2014
What is Middle East respiratory syndrome (MERS)?
Middle East respiratory syndrome (MERS) is a viral respiratory disease caused by a novel coronavirus (MERS;CoV) that was first identified in Saudi Arabia in 2012. Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses that can cause diseases ranging from the common cold to Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS).
Where is MERS occurring?
The following countries have reported cases of MERS: Jordan, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, and Yemen (Middle East); France, Germany, Greece, Italy, and the United Kingdom (UK)(Europe); Tunisia and Egypt (Africa); Malaysia and the Philippines (Asia); and the United States of America (Americas).
The virus appears to be circulating widely throughout the Arabian Peninsula. All recent cases that have been reported outside the Middle East first developed infection in the Middle East; then the cases were exported outside the region. These travel related cases do not appear to have infected others in their countries. In 2013 cases exported to France and the UK led to limited human to human transmission.

What are the symptoms of MERS?
A typical case of MERS consists of fever, cough, and shortness of breath. Pneumonia is a common finding on examination. Gastrointestinal symptoms, including diarrhoea, have also been reported. Severe illness can cause respiratory failure that requires mechanical ventilation and support in an intensive care unit. Some patients have had organ failure, especially of the kidneys, or septic shock. Approximately 27% of patients with MERS have died. The virus appears to cause more severe disease in people with weakened immune systems, older people, and those with such chronic diseases as diabetes, cancer, and chronic lung disease.
Can a person be infected with the MERS virus and not be ill?
Yes. In some people, infection has not appeared to have caused symptoms. Such persons have been found because they were tested for MERS CoV during follow up studies of contacts of people with MERS infection.
How do people get MERS?
It is not yet understood exactly how people become infected with MERSCoV. In some cases, the virus appears to pass from an infected person to another person in close contact. This has been seen among family members, patients, and health care workers. Recently, there have been an increased number of reports of health care associated infections. In some communities, people have become ill but no potential source of infection has been found. It is possible that these persons were infected by exposure to an animal or perhaps another source or person.
Is MERS contagious?
Yes, but apparently only to a limited extent. The virus does not seem to pass easily from person to person unless there is close contact, such as occurs when providing unprotected care to a patient. There have been clusters of cases in health care facilities, where human to human transmission appears to be more efficient, especially when infection prevention and control practices are inadequate. Thus far, no sustained community transmission has been documented.
What is the source of the MERS virus—bats, camels, domestic animals?
The full picture on the source is not yet clear. Strains of MERSCoV that match human strains have been isolated from camels in Egypt, Qatar, and Saudi Arabia. These and other studies have found MERSCoV antibodies in camels across Africa and the Middle East. Human and camel genetic sequence data demonstrate a close link between the virus found in camels and that found in people. It is possible that other reservoirs exist. However, other animals, including goats, cows, sheep, water buffalo, swine, and wild birds, have been tested for antibodies to MERSCoV, but so far none have been found in these animals. These studies combined support the premise that camels are a likely source of infection in humans.
Chip Wannamaker

Baltimore, MD

#1135672 May 13, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>maybe this is why the gravedancers need another hearing? they are as stupid as Roxlo?
naw, they just like dancing on the graves of the brave americans that dies serving them...
Well, I certainly do... where else can you find absolute silence and free flags and flowers? "Hava Na Giulaha" (sp?).....
Chip Wannamaker

Baltimore, MD

#1135673 May 13, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not a bench press; it's a pushup.
Hahahahahahahahahahaha... you minx you..

“Stop child soldiers ”

Location hidden

#1135674 May 13, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>he runs far and fast after dropping so many lies on one subject...
Re-do attempt #7 by USA and woodtick.
post1123229 answers your claims.

Now on to current events.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1135675 May 13, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
No matter how you attempt to look at it only 12% wants the law to stay as it is
http://washington.cbslocal.com/2014/05/12/pol...
What a moron you are.

Name any law of this nature that has remained the same as it was on day one..........

How about Bush's Medicare Drug Plan?? Any changes??

How about Medicare itself?? Any changes??

How about Social Security?? Any changes??

How about Medicaid?? Any changes??

You're an idiot to hang your hat on a dumb statistic like that.

But that's what you do..........make stupid comments and then defend them. Until you walk away from them after being made to look a complete fool.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1135676 May 13, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
I am an Astronaut....
My brother is a Doctor
My mother is a Pharmacist.
My sister is a Dentist...
My first cousin is a College Professor
My dog is on Disney 'dog with a blog'
I won the PowerBall lottery, twice...
I can run the 40 meter dash in 4.27 seconds....
I can bench press 500 lbs...
Translation:

I am an Astronaut = I'm strung out on opiates
My brother is a doctor = He writes the prescriptions
My mother is a pharmacist = she fills them without question
My sister is a dentist = she's had to pull out all my teeth due to drug addiction
My first cousin is a College Professor = At the University of Dumbvillesky
My dog is on Disney dog with a blog = I share my opiates with him
I won the Powerball lottery twice = you got 2 numbers and a free ticket
I can run the 40 meter dash in 4.27 seconds = change seconds to years
I can bench press 500 lbs = I did one push up once and my arms broke lifting myself

Take another pill buddy, you need it.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1135677 May 13, 2014
Eleanor Beaver wrote:
Progressive Talk Radio Fail
Alec Baldwin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =1kzRtrj6AWEXX

Easy answer to all but sheep like you. Liberals are self thinkers....Baggers and Righties are not. They depend on being fed BS on a daily basis. They are also not generally very bright as most non thinkers are. Which is also a proven fact that Fox viewers are the worst informed viewers there are. The ones capable of reaching their own conclusions and not in need for programming every day don't gather around that same watering hole like you Wildebeest do every day...See how easy that was?
Chip Wannamaker

Baltimore, MD

#1135678 May 13, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning. We do walk a winding road. Wouldn't want to ruin it.
I'm just curious as to why uninhibited consensual adult behavior in the privacy of the garage apartment would 'ruin' anything? My understanding is that it makes it all work better?...

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1135679 May 13, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
USA the state constitution gave very small parcels of land to the FEDs if you would have read through it.
USA, re-do number six still doesn't change anything. All it proves is you are OCD
You're so lame.

And you're still lying.

Carly Simon wrote a song about you..........
Chip Wannamaker

Baltimore, MD

#1135680 May 13, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Re-do attempt #7 by USA and woodtick.
post1123229 answers your claims.
Now on to current events.
Jesus, you're on some sort of drug aren't you?... Amphetamines?...

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#1135681 May 13, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
You left out words in my post that distorted it. I posted we're "getting close" to 20 trillion.
The liberal propagandists do the same. You're following a bad example.
You also believe propagandists - the bullhorn of proven liars - who hold power over you.
Last year, the Government Accountability Office (GAO) projected Obamacare to increase the long-term federal deficit by $6.2 trillion.
It's worse than you think. I posted this a few days ago.

Fed Chair:‘Deficits Will Rise to Unsustainable Levels’
May 7, 2014 - 5:27 PM
By Terence P. Jeffrey
Subscribe to Terence P. Jeffrey RSS
Share on Facebook Share on TwitterMore Sharing Services
Share on printShare on email
Janet Yellen
Federal Reserve Chairman Janet Yellen (AP Photo/J. Scott Applewhite)

( CNSNews.com )- Federal Reserve Chairman Janet Yellen, referencing the Congressional Budget Office's long-term budget projections, told the Joint Economic Committee of Congress today that under current policies the federal government’s deficits “will rise to unsustainable levels.”

In the 10-year budget projections it released in April, the CBO estimated that the federal government will run $7.618 trillion in deficits from 2015 through 2024. At the same time, the CBO projected that the federal government’s debt held by the public would rise from $11.983 trillion at the end of fiscal 2013 to $20.947 trillion by the end of 2024.

The debt held by the public is the part of the U.S. government debt that is not held by the federal government itself. It primarily consists of marketable Treasury securities, including bills, notes and bonds. It does not include what the government calls “intragovernmental debt," which is the money the Treasury has borrowed out of the Social Security Trust Fund and other government trust funds to pay current expenses.

The total debt of the federal government at the end of fiscal 2013--including both the debt held by the public and the intragovernmental debt--was $16.719 trillion. The CBO estimates that by 2024, the total debt of the federal government will be $27.159 trillion—of which $20.947 trillion will be debt held by the public.

If that projection holds up, the federal debt held by the public in 2024 would be more than four times the $5.035 trillion federal debt held by the public at the end of 2007.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1135682 May 13, 2014
Homer wrote:
People are starting to see what 'Obamacare' really is: good legislation" - Homer
"The gloom and doom of the naysayers(rightwingers) will never crush the American spirit" - Homer
"An Obama in the Whitehouse is worth two ex-presidents named Bush" - Homer
I see you've checked in on the stock markets today. Good afternoon Homer.
It's national apple pie day.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1135683 May 13, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah dumbass and even fewer, 25% identify as Republicans.
So your point is?
"pdumb"
Getting a little nasty are you? A little testy? If you could comprehend what you read I never claimed republicans were a majority I simply questioned "poop's" lie that democrats were a majority party.
Peace
KMA
GPUAR
PS: Are you one of those that "poop" promised a signed copy of his bio/fantasy? The book due out some summer?
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1135684 May 13, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
you put a lot of thought into this...amazing some one with your IQ could muster that...
Sooo you get a feel for what we all think????
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1135685 May 13, 2014
Signs the Progressives 'you did not build that' economy is on fire!

'Camden superintendent announces 241 layoffs at city schools'

http://www.nj.com/camden/index.ssf/2014/05/ca...

“Stop child soldiers ”

Location hidden

#1135686 May 13, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning. We do walk a winding road. Wouldn't want to ruin it.
You are talking to dem

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1135687 May 13, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
and yet the vast majority of Nevada's land is federal land...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 39 min Susanm 316,308
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 7 hr His phartes 33,653
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Aug 14 Into The Night 11,335
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Jul 27 Aerobatty 258,484
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jul '17 New boy 201,878
News Johnny Brown Added To Coaching Staff (Oct '07) Jul '17 Brown Pharts 3
News Tragedy strikes family members of Leasure (Jul '08) Jun '17 Evidence phart 9
More from around the web