Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1534355 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Chip Wannamaker

Baltimore, MD

#1135621 May 13, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
What did Alec do now?
Alec Baldwin Arrested in New York
http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/breaking-a...
Look at little Miss Chatty Cathy! Well, you've certainly managed to hit all the highlights in the news today haven't you dear....
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1135622 May 13, 2014
Nostrilis Waxmoron wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a relative that had their policy cancelled and now has better coverage and a lower deductible for $250 less per month. Also have two friends with diabetes that now don't have to worry about finding insurance. I also know another person that was able to leave a job she didn't like she was trapped in because of the insurance benefit.
Obamacare is doing what it was supposed to do.
Thank you Obama!!!!
Nice!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1135623 May 13, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
What did Alec do now?
Alec Baldwin Arrested in New York
http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/breaking-a...
He did nothing and those cops are idiots.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1135624 May 13, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
NBA owner who makes inappropriate comments and has to go...
----------
this guy got to stay....
'Dolphins fine and suspend DB Don Jones for anti-Michael Sam tweet'
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/...
Here's a quarter, now go dial 1 800 whogivesafuck
Chip Wannamaker

Baltimore, MD

#1135625 May 13, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
anecdote....
The really good thing about all this "Culture Wars" stuff is that it's teaching you guys all sorts of new words...Here's a few more..... Alecdote: a funny story about one of the Baldwins... Atticdote: highbrow humor... Articdote: A date with a republican (woman)... Anticdote: A funny story punctuated by episodes of break-dancing...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1135626 May 13, 2014
$17 trillion in debt...

47 million on food stamps....

50 million don't have insurance....

and

and liberals had money for this....

"Warren Buffett has given $1.2 billion to abortion groups"

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/05/13/war...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1135627 May 13, 2014
File in the 'I think he is on to something' folder...

'Republican strategist Karl Rove suggested at a conference that former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton wasn't right in the head.'

http://pagesix.com/2014/05/12/karl-rove-hilla...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1135629 May 13, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice!
I am an Astronaut....

My brother is a Doctor

My mother is a Pharmacist.

My sister is a Dentist...

My first cousin is a College Professor

My dog is on Disney 'dog with a blog'

I won the PowerBall lottery, twice...

I can run the 40 meter dash in 4.27 seconds....

I can bench press 500 lbs...

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#1135630 May 13, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
anecdote....
According to CNN poll, 61% want Congress to leave the Affordable Care Act alone.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2014/05/...
Chip Wannamaker

Baltimore, MD

#1135632 May 13, 2014
Doting Thomas: The only black man to ever win Jeopardy...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1135633 May 13, 2014
<quoted text>
temper, temper....
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1135634 May 13, 2014
<quoted text>
Those poor clueless hateful idiots will never get it.
Chip Wannamaker

Baltimore, MD

#1135635 May 13, 2014
A lotta guys don't know about the Peridote but I spotted one's pouch not so many years ago and when I pried it open I found a big blue diamond and what appeared to be the shed skin of a kangaroo?... That was a seminal moment, I can tell you...
Chip Wannamaker

Baltimore, MD

#1135636 May 13, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
I am an Astronaut....
My brother is a Doctor
My mother is a Pharmacist.
My sister is a Dentist...
My first cousin is a College Professor
My dog is on Disney 'dog with a blog'
I won the PowerBall lottery, twice...
I can run the 40 meter dash in 4.27 seconds....
I can bench press 500 lbs...
Don't try and convince us, sweetie, it's YOU who doesn't sound like you believe it....

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Santa Barbara, CA

#1135637 May 13, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
only 12% of Americans surveyed consider the Obamacare law a success.
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2014/05/...
The poll also indicates that 51 percent of Americans believe the current problems facing Obamacare will be solved.

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2014/05/12/pol...

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1135638 May 13, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
The pursuit of weath and power is what defines the Republican party. Hardly "Christianlike".
Jesus and the prophets spoke against economic exploitation of workers and of the poor. The Apostle Paul said greed is equal to idolatry, and the love of money is the root of all sorts of evils. From what I can gather on this thread, man Republicans have hearts that are full of hatred, slander, and evil wishes. Shame.
That's just another of the many lies you've been told to believe by the propagandists.

Out of approximately 330 million people, the wealthiest 1% is a very small number in comparison. That number includes Hollywood and liberals.

Out of the top 10 wealthiest in Congress, more are Democrats than Republicans.

Democrats receive more contributions from the wealthy than Republicans.

There's always going to be a certain amount of greed in a capitalistic society. But there's much more giving back too through charities and job creation.

And greed is not a partisan issue.

So don't confuse a free market with equal opportunities in a thriving economy which lifts all boats to greed. Big government, higher taxes and redistribution is another kind of greed - power and control by the powerful kind of greed.

Which is better? Lifting up the majority on the bottom with equal opportunities? Or bringing down the few at the top by leveling the playing field? The former is economic capitalism. The latter is economic communism.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1135639 May 13, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
woodtick sure ran from answering the question
cuz i've made it clear i want the pipeline to make a left at the border and come here to MN...
Chip Wannamaker

Baltimore, MD

#1135640 May 13, 2014
Alec: "... and, contestants, don't forget to state your question in the form of an answer or some bullshit like that... Thomas, you're fat and black, why don't you go first? Oh my goodness, is that a picture of your family on your lectern?... Jesus Christ, that is the BIGGEST white woman I've ever SEEN! Are those your kids, or do you collect different color Volkswagen's?...
Thomas: "I think that's about enough, Alec..."
Chip Wannamaker

Baltimore, MD

#1135641 May 13, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
The poll also indicates that 51 percent of Americans believe the current problems facing Obamacare will be solved.
http://washington.cbslocal.com/2014/05/12/pol...
Hi there, you alluring creature who answers my sincere, yet titillating posts with vague, non-committal responses when I've CLEARLY left you an opening through which to SOAR my little Bird of Paradise...
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1135642 May 13, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then it must be lowering cost, I suspect we are starting to really see why the Republicans fought so hard to repeal, they knew it was going to be a good thing for America....And heaven knows Republicans can't handle that.
lol!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 13 min UidiotRaceUMAKEWO... 314,304
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 hr superwilly 258,464
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 8 hr Here pharters 33,082
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) May 16 Patriot 11,170
Penn State University & State College May 12 Truechange 1
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Apr '17 GLOBAL FUNDING SO... 43
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Apr '17 DelucaKoehn 11
More from around the web