Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1657664 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1134741 May 10, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i post about many topics on many threads. just because that is beyond your capability, don't knock it.
what you post should be of more concern to you...the crap i commented on made no sense,, as i stated.
would you prefer i lie to you about it to soothe you little ego?
"woodendick000"
Why would you not lie to the poster, you lie to everyone else.
Peace
KMA
GPUAR

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1134742 May 10, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
realtime thinks he is making sense, and so do you.
It's like two squirrels chasing each others tails.
You and Realtime are the reason we have a decline in America.
i sure know you never make sense...learn anything about astronomy today?

you can forward my tutorial fees to your favorite non-religious charity...
Nostrilis Waxman

Bumpass, VA

#1134744 May 10, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course as long as my party has idiots like me and we keep electing morons to office who simply take the tax payers and the very rich's money, hey I'm happy. So what if I'm a little delirious and a tad warped, you would be too if you never got out of your mom's basement. Damn it I'm gonna cry again...Boo, hoo. ahh heck now I wet my depends, oh shit my bag is full, what's next.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1134745 May 10, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Only because they finally realized it's not politically smart to get into the gun debate.
http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/20/politics/gun-po...
But he and the Democrats are going out of their way to make the fees for gun ownership more costly and registering much more complicated and time consuming.
Only the criminals have easy access.
So, according to you those 4.5 million active members of the NRA are all criminals. Nice to know.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1134746 May 10, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
USAsince1680 lives in her own little world.
Democrats Lining Up to Oppose Obama's Anti-Gun Nominee For Surgeon General: http://tinyurl.com/pe8h8d7
82 Anti-gun House Democrats ask Obama to expand import ban: http://tinyurl.com/kg9rucg
Liberals play the ball whichever way the wind blows. THey are for sale. Like prostitutes.
Republicans are so stupid they think that anyone who opposes a ban on assault weapons is anti--gun. Pathetic cretins.

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#1134747 May 10, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go again whining about the decline of America. You can't keep bragging about how wealthy and successful you are one minute and then complaining about your miserable life the next. The fact that a moron like you can even access a computer is all you should expect out of life.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1134748 May 10, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans are so stupid they think that anyone who opposes a ban on assault weapons is anti--gun. Pathetic cretins.
They know that the idiots that support the NRA are easily guided and really not very bright, I would call them Waxman, types. How anyone could possible be against responsible gun laws is unbelievable to me. The NRA uses them like the dumb bunnies that they prove to be over and over. Meanwhile they get richer and richer, and donate millions to candidates that sell their souls to the gun lobby. The hell with human life and idiots that gain access to any and all weapons.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1134749 May 10, 2014
Nostrilis Waxmoron wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go again whining about the decline of America. You can't keep bragging about how wealthy and successful you are one minute and then complaining about your miserable life the next. The fact that a moron like you can even access a computer is all you should expect out of life.
Personally I think it's the institution where he is confined, and all of the rest is his imaginary life. Old Walter Mitty In person. When in essence he is a lonely old bitter tub of worthless blubber. Waxman is a walking bed pan.
Michelle

Wexford, PA

#1134750 May 10, 2014
Patrick wrote:
The attack may have been motived by several events including the video.
Single causation is a popular fallacy for historical events
The government was proper in not releasing information which would aid the terrorists.
Some documents should be withheld by the executive branch. Distributing disinformation after an attack has a long history.
This may back fire on the republicans as Elizabeth Warren may be the next president :-)
What information possessed by the US government would have aided the terrorists?

Under the US Constitution, the executive branch does not have any absolute powers that cannot be countered by the other branches of government.

With Elizabeth Warren, we would finally see the real face of the Democratic Party, not a RINO like Hillary.
TheIndependentMa jority

Chardon, OH

#1134751 May 10, 2014
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> Here is the actual timeline:
Republican lawmakers assert that the delay in making that designation shows that Mrs. Clinton was not firm enough in dealing with Boko Haram. But some former officials say that the issue is being politicized because of Mrs. Clinton’s status as a likely presidential candidate."... "The debate took place in 2011 and 2012 amid mounting concern about the group’s attacks."..." After extensive debate, a compromise was reached: Three leading members of Boko Haram were designated as foreign terrorists, but the group as a whole was not labeled as such."At the heart of the issue is a debate carried out within the Obama administration on whether it was time to officially designate the group as a “foreign terrorist organization.”... "In November 2013, the Obama administration finally decided to pin the terrorist label on Boko Haram. By that time, Mr. Carson had retired from the State Department and John Kerry was secretary of state."... "Daniel Benjamin, the State Department’s counterterrorism official from 2009 to 2012, said the delay had not impeded efforts to work with the Nigerians." Schoolgirl Abductions Put Scrutiny on U.S. Terrorism Strategy http://nyti.ms/1hBrCBU
So, again this 'scandal' didn't exist, but it was more trumped -up false claims by Republicans trying to make some 'political hay ' in the upcoming midterm 2014 primaries.
WRONG AGAIN.
Just because a team of partisan DUHMbocRats, didn't declare, or perhaps more specifically-even RECOGNIZE the existence of Boco Harem, and the terrorists acts of, does NOT mean, they did not exist prior.
----------
Boko Haram has been blamed for thousands of deaths since it began attacking churches, schools, government offices, security forces, media houses, banks and markets in 2009. Security forces have been accused of ratcheting up the violence by killing suspects instead of arresting them and holding people indefinitely without charges.
(id-ee-yut.)
TheIndependentMa jority

Chardon, OH

#1134752 May 10, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
You must have missed the Move-On org petition who claimed they shouldn't be put on it because it would give them attention.
"It is correct for the United States to join the vast majority of Nigerians in condemning the group for the brutal violence it has inflicted on innocent civilians in Nigeria and their threats to national unity and security in that country.
But U.S. government designation of the group as a FTO, as currently proposed by several Members of Congress and some officials in the the Department of Justice, would increase rather than diminish the threat from Boko Haram."
http://petitions.moveon.org/sign/reject-terro ...
----------
There was plenty of info that Boko Haram was involved in terrorist attacks.
"In a video released in 2012 after an attack in Kano that killed nearly 200 people, Shekau said,“I enjoy killing anyone that God commands me to kill, the way I enjoy killing chickens and rams.”
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/09/boko ...
Many dead in Nigeria market blast
State televison says at least 30 people killed in capital Abuja after explosion in busy market area near army barracks.(12/31/10)
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/africa/2010/12/ ...
More bombs follow Nigeria inauguration
May 30, 2011 at 7:03 PM |
LAGOS, Nigeria, May 30 (UPI)-- Two more bombs went off in Nigeria Monday, following explosions that killed 15 people the day before as President Goodluck Jonathan was inaugurated.
Read more: http://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-News/2011/0 ...
Scores dead in northern Nigeria as Islamist militants terrorise the country ( 21 January 2012)
Group bidding to impose sharia law claims responsibility for wave of attacks in city of Kano
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2012/jan/21/ ...
MAIDUGURI, Nigeria, Jarn 7 (Reuters)- Hundreds of Christians have begun to flee northern Nigeria after dozens were killed in a series of attacks by Islamist militants who issued an ultimatum to Christians to leave the mainly Muslim region or be killed, witnesses said on Saturday.
A Nigerian newspaper on Tuesday published a warning from Boko Haram, a movement styled on the Taliban, that Christians had three days to get out of northern Nigeria.
http://www.trust.org/item/ ...
Boko Haram Kills 130 Innocent Villagers In Plateau State (11/07/2012)
Read more: http://news2.onlinenigeria.com/news/top-stori ...
Nigeria: Gunmen Kill 46 Students in Mubi (3 October 2012)
It was a black Independence Day celebration for the inhabitants of Mubi town, Adamawa State, as unknown gunmen, suspected to be members of Boko Haram, massacred at least 46 persons, mostly students of three tertiary institutions in the town
http://allafrica.com/stories/201210030021.htm ...
There were more incidents. There was plenty of evidence this was a terrorist group.
BACKGROUND: Nigeria – Boko Haram’s July 2009 attacks
9 Jun

Hours after the swearing-in of Nigeria’s newly-elected President, Goodluck Jonathan, on May 29, a series of bomb explosions tore through North-Eastern Nigeria, killing more than a dozen persons. An extremist Islamic sect called Boko Haram claimed responsibility for the attacks. The sect has been in the news in recent months, and is suspected of responsibility for a number of assassinations and bombings....

Boko Haram came to national prominence in Nigeria in 2009, with an attack on government buildings (mainly police stations – apparently in protest against arrests of sect members by the police) in Northern Nigeria.

(Ogunlesi, T. "Nigeria – Boko Haram’s July 2009 attacks". Wordpress.com . Web. 9 June 2011.)
Michelle

Wexford, PA

#1134753 May 10, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
They know that the idiots that support the NRA are easily guided and really not very bright, I would call them Waxman, types. How anyone could possible be against responsible gun laws is unbelievable to me. The NRA uses them like the dumb bunnies that they prove to be over and over. Meanwhile they get richer and richer, and donate millions to candidates that sell their souls to the gun lobby. The hell with human life and idiots that gain access to any and all weapons.
Eliminating private ownership of firearms is critical to our long-term plans. "Responsible gun laws" are a good starting point, just like the ACA.
Michelle

Wexford, PA

#1134755 May 10, 2014
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
WRONG AGAIN.
Just because a team of partisan DUHMbocRats, didn't declare, or perhaps more specifically-even RECOGNIZE the existence of Boco Harem, and the terrorists acts of, does NOT mean, they did not exist prior.
----------
Boko Haram has been blamed for thousands of deaths since it began attacking churches, schools, government offices, security forces, media houses, banks and markets in 2009. Security forces have been accused of ratcheting up the violence by killing suspects instead of arresting them and holding people indefinitely without charges.
(id-ee-yut.)
Bloods and Crips.

Same story, different country.
Nostrilis Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1134756 May 10, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text> Happy Muthers day, You MUTHA. Phony bitch.
Grey Ghost, the sick b*stard for sure. The name stealing hater.

Baawwaahhh!!!!

I sure am glad I can go to bed tonight know I'm not a sick worthless SOB like the boy, Grey Ghost.

To the rest of the people here which are normal:

Happy Mothers day to you ladies.

St. Croix valley

#1134757 May 10, 2014
Michelle wrote:
<quoted text>
What information possessed by the US government would have aided the terrorists?
Under the US Constitution, the executive branch does not have any absolute powers that cannot be countered by the other branches of government.
With Elizabeth Warren, we would finally see the real face of the Democratic Party, not a RINO like Hillary.
the executiv branch can send our troops into areas of conflict without congressional approval ,and they cannot stop that.

knowing your own nations gov't is fun!
Nostrilis Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1134758 May 10, 2014
This moron thinks Pluto is a Comet!

Baawwaahhh!!!!

Obama voter, for sure!
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i sure know you never make sense...learn anything about astronomy today?
you can forward my tutorial fees to your favorite non-religious charity...
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1134759 May 10, 2014
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
WRONG AGAIN.
----------
(id-ee-yut.)
And by declaring them a terrorist group would not have changed a single thing. The daily desperation from the right is far more telling about their obsessions and fanaticism.

St. Croix valley

#1134760 May 10, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm glad you are speaking for yourself Grey Boast.
How is your "glorious" East Coast Vacation going, boy?
wow , dude, you ran parsecs away form making an ass of yourself on the astronomy subject!

smacked your little Uranus around, didn't i? just like every single time your ;puni little mind attempts to fuck with me...

movie time...so sad you didn't keep talking, that would have been so much more entertaining...

St. Croix valley

#1134761 May 10, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
This moron thinks Pluto is a Comet!
Baawwaahhh!!!!
Obama voter, for sure!
<quoted text>
and aterial i gave you to back that up shows that it is...just like the other Kuiper belt objects out there...
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1134762 May 10, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Grey Ghost, the sick b*stard for sure. The name stealing hater.
Baawwaahhh!!!!
I sure am glad I can go to bed tonight know I'm not a sick worthless SOB like the boy, Grey Ghost.
To the rest of the people here which are normal:
Happy Mothers day to you ladies.
A rat smelling his own hole. Yea old retarded Waxman will let everyone know who is normal...What a nerdy azzed phony loser. Die already you sick bas-turd.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 58 min ThomasA 322,183
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 2 hr Trojan 35,093
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 3 hr Into The Night 11,907
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Nov 26 Okboy 201,885
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Sep '17 Alice Meng 13
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Sep '17 The pope 258,482
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Sep '17 Love 292
More from around the web