Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1274451 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1132882 May 7, 2014
Maybe some good news today. Hubby was going back to work on Monday on light duty. His boss called this morning and said the company didn't want him back on the job until he could function normally 100%- but both his boss and his boss' boss said they were pretty sure the insurance would pay him 100% of his pay up to 12 weeks.(Hubby thought it was only 70%.) He just got off the phone with the insurance company and will get an answer within a few days. If this turns out to be the case, he'll get his two weeks' vacation back that he used to recover as well.

Will have to wait and see. But he won't be back to work for at least another two weeks regardless.
Game of Thongs

Orlando, FL

#1132889 May 7, 2014
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Look at who's complaining about using various socks all day! Just die soon.
I just can't help myself, whenever I see your nic, my stomach automatically sucks in flat and I start thinking lascivious thoughts about the tiny, heart-shaped space at the top of your legs and how much I would admire a chance to make dinner for you... we could drag a mattress downstairs and I'll set it up in front of the television and you can watch the game while I fiddle around playing tailback and studying complex play-running patterns...
Game of Thongs

Orlando, FL

#1132890 May 7, 2014
Eleanor Beaver wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds to me like they are laying the ground work to terminate him. Happens all the time in corporate America.
Somehow, whenever she opens her mouth, guppy-like, I hear Judy Garland as she alights from the train carriage for her first exciting day in the big city... but she's probably right, the insurance company is BOUND to have her best interests at heart after all...
Game of Thongs

Orlando, FL

#1132891 May 7, 2014
I forgot what was the matter with him? Did you get his head stuck in his ass or was it the other way round?
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1132893 May 7, 2014
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> And why aren't you accounting for the increasing ferocity and frequency of tornadoes and flooding --it causes 100-year storm surges never seen before and , just like hurricane activity , considered an extreme weather event by all climate scientists and weathermen. Global warming if left unchecked by not reducing our greenhouse gas emissions output will see even worst .
you've drank the kool aide....
Game of Thongs

Orlando, FL

#1132894 May 7, 2014
I'd like to take a moment to point out the irony of carol's situation. Her "hubby" is ill with some disease picked up in a dirty cubicle and her response is to sit idly by in wonder, waiting to see what corporate america is willing to do for her... heheheheheh... and then thanking them for it...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1132897 May 7, 2014
Kook-LA-fornia!!!

Therapy peacocks!

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2014/05/06/pea...
Game of Thongs

Orlando, FL

#1132898 May 7, 2014
Fact: 40% of american small business is owned and operated by foreign nationals. That means that only 60% of republicans are even american. Duh... Roxlo is a slanty-eyed rice magnet if I ever saw one...

“BET DAP”

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#1132899 May 7, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Don't you just hate how reality has a way of crushing your opinion son? So you make the issue political because that's all you have!
I love this comedy channel!
http://money.cnn.com/2014/01/30/news/companie...
"U.S. seeks $2.1 billion from Bank of America
By Chris Isidore @CNNMoney January 30, 2014: 2:39 PM ET
NEW YORK (CNNMoney)
The Justice Department is seeking $2.1 billion in fines from Bank of America related to mortgage fraud perpetrated by Countrywide Financial before it was purchased by BofA.
The amount is a significant increase from the previous request for $863 million.
The case involved mortgages sold in 2007 and early 2008 to Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, the two government-backed mortgage finance companies. The loans were made under a Countrywide program known as the "High-Speed Swim Lane" but were known internally at the lender as "the Hustle" according to the Justice Department.
A jury found Bank of America guilty of fraud last October in a civil case involving Countrywide's actions. Bank of America (BAC, Fortune 500) acquired Countrywide in 2008...."
I didn't absolve the banking industry, squats. It must be your blind ideology that made you jump to that conclusion.
I wonder if any of the mortgages Countrywide/BofA sold to Freddie had Senator Dodd's name on the loan?
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1132900 May 7, 2014
47 million Americans so hungry the need food stamps GIVEN to them...

50 Million Ameicans so destitute they cannot afford health insurance...

and yet we had money and time for this:
{is this a joke?}
'Pressures produced when penguins pooh—calculations on avian
defaecation'

http://iposeogsekk.com/penguano.pdf
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1132901 May 7, 2014
Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-SC), who is leading the House select committee to investigate the Benghazi attack, on Wednesday advised his fellow House Republicans to refrain from fundraising off of the committee.

However, just before Gowdy made the comment, the National Republican Congressional Committee sent out a fundraising email mentioning the select committee and asking supporters to help fund Republicans so that they can continue efforts to investigate Benghazi, as the Huffington Post noted.

The hosts of MSNBC's "Morning Joe" asked Gowdy if members should stay away from fundraising off of the committee.

"Yes, and I will cite myself as an example. I have never sought to raise a single penny on the backs of four murdered Americans,"

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/gowdy-n...
Eleanor Beaver

East Hartford, CT

#1132903 May 7, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Right-Wing Media Cash In On Benghazi Obsession
Five Examples Of How Conservative Pundits Are Using Their Benghazi Witch Hunt To Fundraise
http://mediamatters.org/blog/2014/05/07/right...
Good.

Democrats politicize everything. Their bottom line is either taxes, regulation fees, or fund raising.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#1132905 May 7, 2014
SonicMoron mindless robot propaganda post #13 for today - ROTFLAM!!!!
sonicfilter wrote:
Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-SC), who is leading the House select committee to investigate the Benghazi attack, on Wednesday advised his fellow House Republicans to refrain from fundraising off of the committee.
However, just before Gowdy made the comment, the National Republican Congressional Committee sent out a fundraising email mentioning the select committee and asking supporters to help fund Republicans so that they can continue efforts to investigate Benghazi, as the Huffington Post noted.
The hosts of MSNBC's "Morning Joe" asked Gowdy if members should stay away from fundraising off of the committee.
"Yes, and I will cite myself as an example. I have never sought to raise a single penny on the backs of four murdered Americans,"
Eleanor Beaver

East Hartford, CT

#1132906 May 7, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
47 million Americans so hungry the need food stamps GIVEN to them...
50 Million Ameicans so destitute they cannot afford health insurance...
and yet we had money and time for this:
{is this a joke?}
'Pressures produced when penguins pooh—calculations on avian
defaecation'
http://iposeogsekk.com/penguano.pdf
Priorities - the NY legislature had the time and money to designate yogurt as their official snack food.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1132907 May 7, 2014
Eleanor Beaver wrote:
<quoted text>
Good.
Democrats politicize everything. Their bottom line is either taxes, regulation fees, or fund raising.
"Yes, and I will cite myself as an example. I have never sought to raise a single penny on the backs of four murdered Americans."

Game of Thongs

Orlando, FL

#1132909 May 7, 2014
Eleanor Beaver wrote:
<quoted text>
Priorities - the NY legislature had the time and money to designate yogurt as their official snack food.
Meanwhile, back in Alabama, conservatives dig in expecting an onslaught from the left insisting that pork rinds and grits be de-listed as "food products..."

Since: Jan 11

Bordentown, NJ

#1132911 May 7, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>That's correct.
But the article was never part of the US Constitution. But the amendment of discussion isn't part of the BoR....
The article? The articles are the basic constitution.

I don't know what your point is, but the amendments are the constitution now.

BoR?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1132912 May 7, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
"While people on the ground were fighting for their lives, discussions among U.S. leaders outside Libya "churned on about what we should do," but the military waited for a request for assistance from the State Department, Lovell said.
There were questions about whether the U.S. military could have responded to Benghazi in time, but "we should have tried," Lovell said"
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2014...
You people continually ignore the FACT that two special ops soldiers, along with five private security contractors, arrived on a flight from Tripoli in time to take part in the final firefight between the terrorists and Americans holed up in the CIA annex. That was the best anyone could do on such short notice and Lovell knows it.
Game of Thongs

Orlando, FL

#1132913 May 7, 2014
You know, I guess it's time to stand up and be counted on this whole Benghazi nonsense, if the rag-heads didn't kill 'em, the rest of us obviously should have because it certainly appears they weren't on our side..
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#1132914 May 7, 2014
SonicMoron talkingpointsmemo propaganda post # 14 - ROTLMAO!!!
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
"Yes, and I will cite myself as an example. I have never sought to raise a single penny on the backs of four murdered Americans."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 14 min JustAGuy 247,218
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr R C Honey 310,472
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 2 hr Trojan 29,907
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 5 hr IB DaMann 6,800
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Aug 20 Jcrombie67 282
Hoophall Invitational - Miami Aug 17 Hoophall 1
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Aug 16 Doctor Justice_ 201,862
More from around the web