Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1619712 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: May 11

Gardners, PA

#1133418 May 8, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
Health care, and patients, go south - to Mexico
"TIJUANA - Irma Montalvo signed up for a health plan through California's new insurance exchange last month, getting coverage for the first time in eight years.
But when she needed treatment for a painful skin rash, Montalvo didn't go to a doctor near her home in Chula Vista. Instead she drove to Mexico, about 16 miles south. Her doctor, Cecilia Espinoza, diagnosed her with shingles and prescribed medication to relieve pain and head off complications.
Montalvo, 64, said she comes to Tijuana in part because it costs just $15 to see the doctor. She can't use her insurance for care outside California, but it's still cheaper because she doesn't have to worry about a deductible. More important, she said, is that she feels comfortable with Espinoza.
"She listens to me," said Montalvo, a U.S. citizen who was born in Mexico, said in Spanish. "I come here feeling really bad, and three days later I am better."
Mexican immigrants living in California, Arizona, Texas and New Mexico have long sought health care in border cities such as Tijuana, Mexicali and Nogales. The Affordable Care Act won't change that, experts said, even though it has expanded coverage to millions of people, including many Latinos.
Naturalized citizens and legal residents are expected to continue traveling for check-ups, minor surgeries and dental care, drawn to treatment that is less expensive and a medical culture that is less hurried. Doctors speak their language and patients often can get appointments without long waits."
http://www.pal-item.com/usatoday/article/8517...
So. Its been going on since long before the ACA. What's your point?
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1133419 May 8, 2014
$17 trillion in debt...

50 million without insurance....

47 million clinging to life on food stamps....

and Tennessee welfare money used at waffle house!

http://www.beacontn.org/2012/07/welfare-funds...

“BET DAP”

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#1133420 May 8, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Son, the fines are only NOW being handed out. So it's disingenuous for you to make it a point... unless you're trying to lie your way out.
So who do you 'blame?' Last I checked your point was a political one.
i think you need a nap, squats.

you jumped into a conversation where i already clearly stated that plenty of blame (responsibility) was on almost everyone. the poster i was directing that to claimed it was all republicans and that they deregulated the market. are you agreeing with that notion?

fines and penalties from the housing bubble have been assessed for years now! what are you smoking, kid?
Patriot

Longmont, CO

#1133421 May 8, 2014
USGS Comes Clean! Yellowstone Quakes Previously Censored Now Disclosed!

Thursday, May 8, 2014 9:08

http://beforeitsnews.com/earthquakes/2014/05/...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1133422 May 8, 2014
$17 trillion in debt...

50 million without insurance....

47 million clinging to life on food stamps....

yet Tennessee welfare recipients are thirsty!!!!!

'Of the 140,000 EBT transactions examined...., those that took place at liquor stores were too numerous to count.'

http://tennessee.watchdog.org/2012/07/30/taxp...

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#1133423 May 8, 2014
ByREBECCA KAPLANCBS NEWSMay 8, 2014, 10:00 AM
Feds to schools: You must accept children of undocumented immigrants

The Justice and Education Departments are teaming up to remind public schools that they are required to provide all children with equal access to education at the elementary and secondary level regardless of their parents' or guardians' citizenship or immigration status.

The "dear colleague," letter to schools providing guidance to schools on their legal obligations comes as the departments say they have "become aware of student enrollment practices that may chill or discourage the participation, or lead to the exclusion, of students."

The guidelines do not change existing practices, but rather remind schools of obligations established by Plyler v. Doe, a 1982 Supreme Court case that affirmed all children are guaranteed equal access to a basic public education regardless of their immigration status. The Justice and Education Departments last issued guidance to schools on their responsibilities in 2011, and the 2014 documents update that guidance by stressing the need for "flexibility" in accepting documents from parents to prove a child's age and area of residence, and remind schools what kinds of documents they can and cannot accept.
"We want to be sure every school leader understands the legal requirements under the Constitution and federal laws, and it is our hope that this update will address some of the misperceptions out there," said Secretary Arne Duncan in a statement. "The message here is clear: let all children who live in your district enroll in your public schools."

Attorney General Eric Holder pledged to "vigilantly enforce the law to ensure the schoolhouse door remains open to all." Any actions to put up barriers to student enrollment, "not only harm innocent children, they also markedly weaken our nation...by leaving young people unprepared and ill-equipped to succeed," he said.

Schools are allowed to request proof that children live within the boundaries of the district, for which they typically accept documents like copies of phone and water bills, lease agreements, and affidavits, the guidance says. While schools may accept a parents' drivers license as evidence, they may not require it to establish residency since it would unlawfully bar a student whose parents in the U.S. illegally and do not have a drivers' license. They may also not deny a homeless child access to school if he or she cannot provide documents to establish residency.

To prove a student meets age requirements, the school may accept certificates showing a date of birth from a religious institution, hospital or physician, an entry in a family bible, an adoption record, or a parent affidavit. A birth certificate is also an acceptable form of proof of age, but school districts are not allowed to discourage children from enrolling in or attending school because they do not have a birth certificate or they only have one from a foreign country.
The agencies also issue guidance on the use of Social Security numbers, which are often requested as a student identification number. If the district requests the number, the agencies say, they must inform parents and children that it is voluntary and refusing to provide a social security number will not result in their child being barred from enrolling or attending school. They also must explain what it is used for.

Schools are also specifically advised not to inquire about a student's immigration or citizenship status, because that information, "is not relevant to establishing residency in the district, and inquiring about it in the context of establishing residency is unnecessary and may have a chilling or a discouraging effect on student enrollment," a Q&A document for school says.

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1133424 May 8, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
fck off teabag pussccceee!
Brilliant, just brilliant. Your mother must be proud.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1133425 May 8, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
She is using the strawman fallacy
You misrepresented someone's argument to make it easier to attack.
By exaggerating, misrepresenting, or just completely fabricating someone's argument, it's much easier to present your own position as being reasonable, but this kind of dishonesty serves to undermine honest rational debate.
Just do some research. Won't have any trouble finding plenty of credible websites.

If it makes you feel any better, it's not a new problem. But it's gotten worse. And now, with ObamaCare and Medicare being synonymous, it's going to get even worse - especially for seniors.

Sorry if the truth hurts sometimes.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1133426 May 8, 2014
Those wacky Christians....

"Turning to Native rain dance in time of drought"

http://www.latimes.com/local/la-me-c1-drought...

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1133427 May 8, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
Health care, and patients, go south - to Mexico
"TIJUANA - Irma Montalvo signed up for a health plan through California's new insurance exchange last month, getting coverage for the first time in eight years.
But when she needed treatment for a painful skin rash, Montalvo didn't go to a doctor near her home in Chula Vista. Instead she drove to Mexico, about 16 miles south. Her doctor, Cecilia Espinoza, diagnosed her with shingles and prescribed medication to relieve pain and head off complications.
Montalvo, 64, said she comes to Tijuana in part because it costs just $15 to see the doctor. She can't use her insurance for care outside California, but it's still cheaper because she doesn't have to worry about a deductible. More important, she said, is that she feels comfortable with Espinoza.
"She listens to me," said Montalvo, a U.S. citizen who was born in Mexico, said in Spanish. "I come here feeling really bad, and three days later I am better."
Mexican immigrants living in California, Arizona, Texas and New Mexico have long sought health care in border cities such as Tijuana, Mexicali and Nogales. The Affordable Care Act won't change that, experts said, even though it has expanded coverage to millions of people, including many Latinos.
Naturalized citizens and legal residents are expected to continue traveling for check-ups, minor surgeries and dental care, drawn to treatment that is less expensive and a medical culture that is less hurried. Doctors speak their language and patients often can get appointments without long waits."
http://www.pal-item.com/usatoday/article/8517...
They are actually curing diseases. Cancer is being cured in Mexico--we can't have that in the USA it would disrupt the profits from big Pharma. United States western medicine is eugenics. Sign up the idiots.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1133428 May 8, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Republican President Hoover receive credit the Republican Stock Market crash and Depression for thirty years . 1929 to 1959.
No WMD in the Iraq war, 4500 killed, which causes so many of the VA issues.
2008 Great Recession from President Bush is still being felt.
Libertarian fetish of cutting taxes hurts the VA.
With the ACA some Americans now have health coverage. 12 to 15 million according to some counts Doubt if this will be repealed ?
The reason the 2008 'Great Recession' is still being felt is because the Congressional Democrats controlled the purse strings two years before the bottom fell out and resisted reining in Fannie and Freddie and the present administration didn't want to "let a good crisis to go to waste" after the Democrats had power in all three branches of government for two years.

The economy was put on hold to pursue a power hungry social engineering agenda.

Reagan inherited a much worse 'Great Recession' from Carter. He managed to turn it around in two years and the country prospered.

It's now six years under Obama and all we have to show for it is ObamaCare and lies and deception on every front.

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1133429 May 8, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> The Republicans ran the House until 2007. By then the Democrats did want to waste time with an investigation since we were already in the Iraq quagmire.
I just figured of the Republicans make an effort over the deaths of 4 Americans that this administration did not cause that they would give a sh*t when Bush caused the deaths of those soldiers by sending them to war based on lies.
I smell Tea Party hypocrisy at work once again.
They did have an investigation. Refer to RoxLo's link.

Just so you know, a lot of the tea party types were anti Vietnam demonstrators. They don't like Bush's Iraq war any more than the Vietnam war. I, myself, felt sad watching bombs drop on Bagdad on CNN during Desert Storm. I thought we might have gotten through a generation without one. It didn't last long. I thought all well and good, it's over. Then Bush Jr. started one up again.
You'll have to talk to the neocons like McCain about the Bush caused deaths. He's not a tea party favorite, for sure.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#1133430 May 8, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
These acts of ham-handed governmental benevolence have been long predicted by futurists and Sci-Fi authors but apparently no one's been listening. We are walking into the mouth of the Lion deeply sighing with contentment.
Our government is evolving into a spirit killing monster, eating away at the innocence of our youth, no less evil than a predator trying to satisfy some sick fantasy.

Gardners, PA

#1133431 May 8, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> From the article.
He repeated this to Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-UT), even naming a likely early suspect for the attacks: the al-Qaeda affiliate known as Ansar al-Sharia. He said this conclusion was reached “in the very early hours of this activity.” Chaffetz was determined to demonstrate that no one in the know supported the phony “video protest” narrative the Administration used for political damage control… including, as he noted, members of then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s staff. The gentleman from Utah makes this point with great and memorable emphasis:
What possible political coverup?

It was two months before the election. Not two days.

You people are dumber than sh*t.

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1133432 May 8, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> The Republicans ran the House until 2007. By then the Democrats did want to waste time with an investigation since we were already in the Iraq quagmire.
I just figured of the Republicans make an effort over the deaths of 4 Americans that this administration did not cause that they would give a sh*t when Bush caused the deaths of those soldiers by sending them to war based on lies.
I smell Tea Party hypocrisy at work once again.
Senate Report on Pre-war Intelligence on Iraq

Phase II was completed May 25, 2007 -after the Dems took control in 2006

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Senate_Report_on...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1133433 May 8, 2014
Science....

always believe what the scientist tells you...

"But the new research, which followed nearly 30,000 women over 20 years, suggests that women who stay out of the sun are at increased risk of skin melanomas and are twice as likely to die from any cause, including cancer. "

or....

'...1.5 women in a 100 who had the highest exposure to UV were found to have died, compared with 3 in 100 for women who had avoided sunbathing.'

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/science-ne...
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1133434 May 8, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>i think you need a nap, squats.
you jumped into a conversation where i already clearly stated that plenty of blame (responsibility) was on almost everyone. the poster i was directing that to claimed it was all republicans and that they deregulated the market. are you agreeing with that notion?
fines and penalties from the housing bubble have been assessed for years now! what are you smoking, kid?
"There's plenty of blame to go around on housing bubble......and part of the blame goes to every American who bought homes they couldn't actually afford.
However, Clinton deregulated the markets in the first place...."

Wow. I'm sure you wanted to say capitalism and illegal shenanigans had a hand but didn't have enough room....

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1133435 May 8, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So. Its been going on since long before the ACA. What's your point?
Another reading comprehension fail on your part. Try rereading the article.

Gardners, PA

#1133436 May 8, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
Al Gore
Al Gore presented what climatologists said.

Your weatherman "expert" is using is own opinions.

I have never used Al Gore as a source in any of my posts.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1133437 May 8, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Just do some research. Won't have any trouble finding plenty of credible websites.
If it makes you feel any better, it's not a new problem. But it's gotten worse. And now, with ObamaCare and Medicare being synonymous, it's going to get even worse - especially for seniors.
Sorry if the truth hurts sometimes.
lol! I so do love it when people who claim to be 'independent' and 'work for what they want' tell others to go do research to prove them right!

Even slackers have more ambition!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr Babock 318,328
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 7 hr Trojan 34,441
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 10 hr Wisdom of Ages 11,652
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Sep 30 Frankie Rizzo 201,871
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Sep 29 Alice Meng 13
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Sep 20 The pope 258,482
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Sep '17 Love 292
More from around the web