Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1659937 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1131573 May 5, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
not for long.
idiots that gladly pay $366 an ounce to kill themselves makes my point for me...

http://www.priceofweed.com/
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1131574 May 5, 2014
Signs the Progressive 'you did not build that' economy is on fire!

'One Million People Dropped Out Of Labor Force In April: Participation Rate Plummets To Lowest Since 1978'

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-05-02/one-... -

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Los Angeles

#1131575 May 5, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>

LOL, you don't like me keeping track of post numbers and what was said. Too bad, it keeps the convo focused and prevents someone from lying about what was said.
I think it is a great idea to do so. Just saying.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#1131576 May 5, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Freedom and liberty are not rights. They are manifestations of rights, moron.
No individual right can be restricted in any way than otherwise specified in the Constitution without due process of law, dupe.
An individual right cannot be used to infringe on another person's individual rights. You can't fraudulently yell "fire" in a crowded theater, idiot.
You do not have the right to slander anyone with lies because that infringes on the rights of the person you slander with lies.
"Gag orders" are part of due process, clown.
One cannot commit treason, imbecile. Divulging state secrets aids the enemies of the United States... like when Vallerie Jarrett told the Taliban exactly where SEAL Team Six would be landing so they could have a lone Taliban waiting for them there with a rocket launcher on the very next mission after they killed bin Laden while neither President Vallerie Jarrett or Chief Fraud Obama had a clue the operation was happening.
You're an idiot.
I'm not the idiot that made the blanket statement
"The only restrictions to any right are specified in the Constitution. Any freedom or liberty that can have a restriction applied by a law is a privilege."

now you are qualifying that statement.

simple questions:

can you walk into a crowded movie theater and yell fire without facing legal consequences?

Its a simple question, either yes or no?

Can you tell publish lies about someone and infringe on their integrity/reputation without facing legal consequences?

Can you divulge state secrets without facing legal consequences?

again DB, try and concentrate, they are all simple yes or no questions?

Are there legal restrictions to freedom of speech?

yes or no?

Did the Republican party restrict protests to certain areas blocks away from the 2004 Republican convention?

Do muncipalities require protesters to get permits before protesting?

again DB, its a simple question, yes or no?

Let's try and be honest here DB. You made a statement which I have shown to be false.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1131577 May 5, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot to put the text from the Constitution into your post to defend your argument, moron.
Show us the text in the Constitution that allows restrictions on any right specified in the Constitution. As for the Second Amendment, I read "shall not be infringed".
What does "shall not be infringed" mean in the English language?
you don't get to interpret the Constitution to your liking. the Court has already done it for you, and you can argue your 'point' all day long but it won't change the fact that...

Why Liberals Should Thank Justice Scalia for Gun Control

His ruling in a key Supreme Court case leans on original intent and will let Obama push his proposals.

Scalia will never be a hero to liberals, of course. But his emphasis on originalism and textualism seems to coincide with liberal interests on guns precisely because there were restrictions on guns during the colonial era; his reading of the original intent of the law was that it allowed an average person to have a typical firearm. Indeed, back in July, when he was promoting a new book, Scalia told Fox News that the Second Amendment “undoubtedly” permits some restrictions on firearms.

Look at the syllabus of the Court’s brief that he wrote:

Like most rights, the Second Amendment right is not unlimited. It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose: For example, concealed weapons prohibitions have been upheld under the Amendment or state analogues. The Court’s opinion should not be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms.[United States v.] Miller’s holding that the sorts of weapons protected are those “in common use at the time” finds support in the historical tradition of prohibiting the carrying of dangerous and unusual weapons.

http://www.nationaljournal.com/politics/why-l...

so we can go back and forth all day long, but it matters not. the issue has been decided by those who have the last word.
parent

Seaham, UK

#1131578 May 5, 2014
just testing
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1131579 May 5, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
idiots that gladly pay $366 an ounce to kill themselves makes my point for me...
http://www.priceofweed.com/
LOL

here's a point for ya.....i buy one bottle of Scotch every year.

if i bought more than that it might kill me.

you're going to have to come up with a reasonable argument to make any headway on this issue.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#1131580 May 5, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
The clown act indoctrinating you are making you look like an idiot.
Ansar al Sharia is Al Qaeda. Ansar al Sharia attacked K-daffy's forces, imbecile. Ansar al Sharia attacked the United States in Benghazi, idiot.
What 60 embassy attacks? Where? You forgot to put these details in your post, dupe.
start with these
January 22, 2002. Calcutta, India. Gunmen associated with Harkat-ul-Jihad al-Islami attack the U.S. Consulate. Five people are killed.

June 14, 2002. Karachi, Pakistan. Suicide bomber connected with al Qaeda attacks the U.S. Consulate, killing 12 and injuring 51.

October 12, 2002. Denpasar, Indonesia. U.S. diplomatic offices bombed as part of a string of "Bali Bombings." No fatalities.

February 28, 2003. Islamabad, Pakistan. Several gunmen fire upon the U.S. Embassy. Two people are killed.

May 12, 2003. Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. Armed al Qaeda terrorists storm the diplomatic compound, killing 36 people including nine Americans. The assailants committed suicide by detonating a truck bomb.

July 30, 2004. Tashkent, Uzbekistan. A suicide bomber from the Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan attacks the U.S. Embassy, killing two people.

December 6, 2004. Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. Al Qaeda terrorists storm the U.S. Consulate and occupy the perimeter wall. Nine people are killed.

March 2, 2006. Karachi, Pakistan again. Suicide bomber attacks the U.S. Consulate killing four people, including U.S. diplomat David Foy who was directly targeted by the attackers.(I wonder if Lindsey Graham or Fox News would even recognize the name "David Foy." This is the third Karachi terrorist attack in four years on what's considered American soil.)

September 12, 2006. Damascus, Syria. Four armed gunmen shouting "Allahu akbar" storm the U.S. Embassy using grenades, automatic weapons, a car bomb and a truck bomb. Four people are killed, 13 are wounded.

January 12, 2007. Athens, Greece. Members of a Greek terrorist group called the Revolutionary Struggle fire a rocket-propelled grenade at the U.S. Embassy. No fatalities.

March 18, 2008. Sana'a, Yemen. Members of the al-Qaeda-linked Islamic Jihad of Yemen fire a mortar at the U.S. Embassy. The shot misses the embassy, but hits nearby school killing two.

July 9, 2008. Istanbul, Turkey. Four armed terrorists attack the U.S. Consulate. Six people are killed.

September 17, 2008. Sana'a, Yemen. Terrorists dressed as military officials attack the U.S. Embassy with an arsenal of weapons including RPGs and detonate two car bombs. Sixteen people are killed, including an American student and her husband (they had been married for three weeks when the attack occurred). This is the second attack on this embassy in seven months.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1131582 May 5, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Carol the VA system is overwhelmed because your hero George W. Bush got us involved in two wars. That's what happens when government isn't big enough to handle the issues.
That's what happens when the government is too big. The backlog was no more than 100,000 in 2008 under Bush's last year in office.

Look at the graph.

http://nation.time.com/2013/06/03/the-rise-an...

The backlogs began increasing dramatically at about the same time Obama was focused on his legacy - ObamaCare - instead. They peaked at almost 900,000 - just short of 1 million - in 2012. It's come down to around 800,000 presently.

Sorry but you can't lay the past six years, Obama's priorities and extenuating wars on Bush.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1131583 May 5, 2014
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
start with these
January 22, 2002. Calcutta, India. Gunmen associated with Harkat-ul-Jihad al-Islami attack the U.S. Consulate. Five people are killed.
June 14, 2002. Karachi, Pakistan. Suicide bomber connected with al Qaeda attacks the U.S. Consulate, killing 12 and injuring 51.
October 12, 2002. Denpasar, Indonesia. U.S. diplomatic offices bombed as part of a string of "Bali Bombings." No fatalities.
February 28, 2003. Islamabad, Pakistan. Several gunmen fire upon the U.S. Embassy. Two people are killed.
May 12, 2003. Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. Armed al Qaeda terrorists storm the diplomatic compound, killing 36 people including nine Americans. The assailants committed suicide by detonating a truck bomb.
July 30, 2004. Tashkent, Uzbekistan. A suicide bomber from the Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan attacks the U.S. Embassy, killing two people.
December 6, 2004. Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. Al Qaeda terrorists storm the U.S. Consulate and occupy the perimeter wall. Nine people are killed.
March 2, 2006. Karachi, Pakistan again. Suicide bomber attacks the U.S. Consulate killing four people, including U.S. diplomat David Foy who was directly targeted by the attackers.(I wonder if Lindsey Graham or Fox News would even recognize the name "David Foy." This is the third Karachi terrorist attack in four years on what's considered American soil.)
September 12, 2006. Damascus, Syria. Four armed gunmen shouting "Allahu akbar" storm the U.S. Embassy using grenades, automatic weapons, a car bomb and a truck bomb. Four people are killed, 13 are wounded.
January 12, 2007. Athens, Greece. Members of a Greek terrorist group called the Revolutionary Struggle fire a rocket-propelled grenade at the U.S. Embassy. No fatalities.
March 18, 2008. Sana'a, Yemen. Members of the al-Qaeda-linked Islamic Jihad of Yemen fire a mortar at the U.S. Embassy. The shot misses the embassy, but hits nearby school killing two.
July 9, 2008. Istanbul, Turkey. Four armed terrorists attack the U.S. Consulate. Six people are killed.
September 17, 2008. Sana'a, Yemen. Terrorists dressed as military officials attack the U.S. Embassy with an arsenal of weapons including RPGs and detonate two car bombs. Sixteen people are killed, including an American student and her husband (they had been married for three weeks when the attack occurred). This is the second attack on this embassy in seven months.
BUT, BUT,BUT. DB and all baggers hate the facts, especially when it shows their extreme hypocrisy.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1131584 May 5, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Benghazi is simply a reich wing talking point... possibly being used as a political weapon against Clinton.
It's not hard to figure that one out since nothing else appears to be working....
that's what they said about Watergate.....

the coverup is worse than the crime.....
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1131585 May 5, 2014
Signs the Progressive 'we hate hedge fund managers when a Republican is in the WH and love hedge fund managers when a Democrat is in the WH' economy is on fire!

'Barry Rosenstein, hedge fund manager of Jana Partners, is paying $147 million for a property on exclusive Further Lane.'

http://nypost.com/2014/05/03/activist-investo...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1131586 May 5, 2014
Realtime wrote:
Steve Wiles, a conservative candidate for the North Carolina Senate and who supports a ban of gay marriage once worked as a female impersonator named Miss Mona Sinclair. Besides producing and emceeing drag shows he tried to organize a Miss Gay America event.
The 34 yr old now sells real estate.
When asked if he was gay he had no comment.
Realslime is not only an old fart, but a homophobe.....
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1131587 May 5, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
here's a point for ya.....i buy one bottle of Scotch every year.
if i bought more than that it might kill me.
you're going to have to come up with a reasonable argument to make any headway on this issue.
marijuana has fried your brain....it that what you are saying?

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1131588 May 5, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
It's amazing day after day how you show carol using the "FACTS" how she is either misleading or just plain lying or totally confused and nothing is ever absorbed by her. How anyone could possible not know the overload of Veterans are a by-product of the Bush-Cheney botched lie induced wars.
You should take a look at the TIME graph too.

http://nation.time.com/2013/06/03/the-rise-an...

VA backlogs in 2008: 100,000
VA backlogs in 2012: 900,000

Obama was too busy pushing his legacy down our throats and screwing up the ACA rollout to worry about fixing the antiquated system at the VA at the same time backlogs were increasing dramatically.

Seems that should have been his first priority. As well as the economy. And jobs.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1131589 May 5, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
And that explains the emails proving the White House and State Department were in a conspiracy to lie to cover up the Al Qaeda attack on the United States in Benghazi.
You still haven't answered some questions:
... let's just jump to this one:
How did CNN know exactly what the Obama lie would be when they abruptly changed their story line about the demonstrations they had been reporting on all day in the hours before the attack in Benghazi began, matching exactly what the Obama lie would be for two weeks after the attack?
dude, they were just like talking points, a script written by the public relations guys......

you can't blame Obama for that.....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1131590 May 5, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Liar.
In the days immediately following no one knew.
There were guesses.
But no one knew.
We still do not know.
idiot dumbass Dave still thinks it was the video.....

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1131591 May 5, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
that's what they said about Watergate.....
the coverup is worse than the crime.....
What coverup? There have been 13 hearings, 50 briefings and 25,000 documents released.
This Benghazi rehash is not to discover anything new, it's just to motivate morons on the right to vote in the midterms. Your wealthy handlers are pulling your strings.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1131592 May 5, 2014
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
If I was Ty Woods father my ONLY concern would be finding who killed my son and bringing them to justice. I would condem idiots like you that use the death of my child for political purposes. You should be ashamed for digging up bodies of true American Patriots.
The killers aren't difficult to find. Disguise yourself as any western news network journalist and walk around Tripoli and Tunis. They will find you. CNN did a studio interview with the terrorist who planned and executed that attack.
If everybody in the world can find them, why can't Obama find them?

The only concern? Because I live in the United States of America, my first concern would be why the President and Secretary of State are blatantly lying to me. My first suspicion would be they are part of the Islamist terrorist network, and that is why they are lying to cover up the Al Qaeda attack no the United States in Benghazi.
I would condemn dupes like you that attempt to divert everyone's attention away from the truth.

So, now that we have emails proving the White House and State Department were involved in a conspiracy to lie to cover up the Al Qaeda attack on the United States in Benghazi...

How did CNN know exactly what the Obama lie would be before the attack began?

That is the most interesting question right now. That means the Obama lie existed before the attack. You do know what that means, don't you? That means the White House could have been part of the Al Qaeda plan to kill a US ambassador. The White House lying for two weeks covering up the Al Qaeda attack in Benghazi doesn't do anything to disuade that conclusion, dupe.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1131593 May 5, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
marijuana has fried your brain....it that what you are saying?
you can't deny that alcohol is the bane of all society. related crimes outnumber all other.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in...

and how are things going for tobacco nowadays? i hear talk of it being taken completely off the market.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 16 min ThomasA 322,333
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 6 hr Anthony Ramon 35,121
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Sat SolarWarmist 11,925
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Nov 26 Okboy 201,885
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Sep '17 Alice Meng 13
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Sep '17 The pope 258,482
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Sep '17 Love 292
More from around the web