Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1760131 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1131261 May 4, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Facts are Fun!
Just ask any psychotic.
Sooo you are volunteering????

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1131262 May 4, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
President Barack Obama began his 2014 White House Correspondents' Dinner speech Saturday night by taking a few stabs at CNN, MSNBC and Fox News.
Obama said that although he was happy to be at the party, he was still a bit jet lagged from his recent trip to Malaysia.
"The lengths we have to go to to get CNN coverage these days," he said, slamming the network for its non-stop coverage of the missing Malaysian Airlines flight. "I think they're still searching for their table."
Next up was MSNBC. Obama called out the network for its fallen ratings in recent months.
"MSNBC is here," he began. "They're a little overwhelmed. They’ve never seen an audience this big before."
But perhaps the network Obama devoted most of his jokes to was Fox News.
The president took a shot at Fox News for its outrage and criticism of him after his appearance on "Between Two Ferns" in March.
"To be fair, I am not the first person on television between two potted plants," Obama said, pointing to a photo of "Fox & Friends'" Elisabeth Hasselbeck seated between her co-hosts Steve Doocy and Brian Kilmeade.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/03/whit...
That azzhole is not an entertainer neither in the WH nor on any stage.

Propaganda is not comedy.

Why didn't someone ask him how many States there are?
GOPidiots

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1131264 May 4, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans can be criticized for not doing more to address health care reform. But it's not an easy undertaking. The Democrats rejected HillaryCare at one time which was similar to ObamaCare.
What we have now is a partisan tax law that gives too much power over our health care to the federal government, the IRS, politicians and bureaucrats with all the red tape.
If ever there was a time for both sides to sit down and compromise on a mutually doable health care reform, the time was in 2009. Both sides were prepared to come to the table with solutions that were long overdue and both sides could live with. The Democrats blew it.
Once again, you prove yourself to be a total idiot.
Hilary's plan was NOTHING like Obamacare. In FACT, the Republican response to Hilary's plan was exactly what we have today ad Obamacare. It was dreamt up by the Heritage Foundation, and included a mandate. Newt Gingrich supported it.
Now, please tell us all what the GOP proposed, or brought to the table in 2009 regarding healthcare.
Your parrot ed comments about to et reform are plain stupid and in REALITY have already been proven to have ZERO effect on the cost of health care in states that have ALREADY adopted tort reform, like Texas.

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#1131265 May 4, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
I notice misspelled words all the time on here but at least I'm smart enough to know it has "NOTHING" to do with ones intellect. I was not an English major if that makes you feel better. Mine was an athletic scholarship. A persons I Q is the indicator of ones ability to learn. Mine from the military was 126, not a genius but better than average. But it was helpful in my achieving the rank of Captain and I'm more than happy with my 21 years of accomplishments. I hope you also have some accomplishments that you are proud of "TOO". But I would hope that being a racist bagger isn't one of them.
Pay him no never mind, Ghost. I'd rather see a too used incorrectly that listen to Roxslaw (carol or Ketch?) debate an issue about which I am surely, totally, completely right. Racist baggers, the lot of them...

Lapeer, MI

#1131266 May 4, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Cliven Bundy's Forces Have Apparently Laid Siege to the Local Community: What Would Happen if an Armed Black "Militia" Decided to Harass a Town Full of White People?
Democrat Congressman Stephen Horsford, who happens to be African-American, has requested that local law enforcement intervene and stop Bundy's armed hooligans from causing mayhem in and around Bunkerville, Nevada.
I offer the obvious counter-factual: what if a white Republican congressman wrote an open letter to local law enforcement demanding that they do their jobs and stop a group of black or brown insurrectionists from brandishing weapons, setting up checkpoints on public roads, and harassing white people?
Moreover, if Fox News and the Right-wing media were laid out on their collective fainting couch by two members of a group called "The New Black Panthers", they whose "crime" was having the temerity to stand outside of a polling area while holding sticks and looking "mean", what madness would ensue if Bundy and his brigands were people of color (or even white "liberals" or "progressives")?
The feeble response by the federal and state government to Cliven Bundy's welfare king revolt is both fascinating and important because it is one more example of how white skin privilege, Right-wing populist authoritarianism, conservatism, and white supremacy have helped to create a protected class of people in the United States.
Privilege consists of all those day-to-day things that a given person does not have to think about.
In the context of Cliven Bundy and the rise of the White Right in the Age of Obama, white privilege consists of the freedom for white conservative protesters and militia members to point guns at federal law enforcement agents--and to do so with the reasonable expectation that you will not be shot dead.
Moreover, if said white conservative was shot dead for brandishing a weapon and/or threatening the life of a federal law enforcement agent, white privilege almost guarantees that they will become a martyr and hero for movement conservatism.
White men like Cliven Bundy and his ilk can commit acts of domestic terrorism, shoot up schools, or openly defy the legitimacy and authority of the country's first black President (and Attorney General--this latter point is central and critical to the White Right's histrionics in the Age of Obama) and there will be no national discussion about Whiteness and White Masculinity. Why? They are just individual outliers who in the (White) popular imagination tell us nothing about "the ways of white folks".
Like Obi-Wan Kenobi's Jedi mind trick in Star Wars: A New Hope, in such instances, Whiteness tells its owners and adherents that "there is nothing to see here, move along".
http://www.chaunceydevega.com/2014/04/cliven-...
And now you smear the sh it from racist websites onto these pages?

Do you know what decorum is?

How about Good Taste?
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1131267 May 4, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
to/too/two is grammar, not spelling....
And neither has anything to do with ones intellect. Now Fox viewers are a direct indicator.
ptbw forever

United States

#1131268 May 4, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
I notice misspelled words all the time on here but at least I'm smart enough to know it has "NOTHING" to do with ones intellect. I was not an English major if that makes you feel better. Mine was an athletic scholarship. A persons I Q is the indicator of ones ability to learn. Mine from the military was 126, not a genius but better than average. But it was helpful in my achieving the rank of Captain and I'm more than happy with my 21 years of accomplishments. I hope you also have some accomplishments that you are proud of "TOO". But I would hope that being a racist bagger isn't one of t
hem.
Good job. You googled "too" and finally managed to use it correctly.

Stay in denial about your stupidity.

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#1131269 May 4, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell that to the Waxman sock. It was his come back...

Lapeer, MI

#1131270 May 4, 2014
frontporchreactionary wrote:
<quoted text> Are you Cliven Bundy's retarded brother?
Are you one of Magic Negro's hidden Black Hyena Hunchbacks?
ptbw forever

United States

#1131271 May 4, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
At least Democrats are starting to admit that they can't spell.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#1131272 May 4, 2014
Brad wrote:
<quoted text>
How many trillions has Oblamer printed in QE monopoly money to artificially sustain the market and wall street?
What actually runs a vibrant economy is savings, investments, production, and limited government,not smoke and mirrors.
You are Brilliant Brad!

Lapeer, MI

#1131273 May 4, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
I see the stupid white kid is back.
So why are you "Proud to be Worthless Forever"??
Is that your motto in your trailer park??
Seems to fit you well.
You are losing ground in your 2nd childhood, doody.

Back up into adulthood. It contains more resources than a playground of little Trayvons.

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1131274 May 4, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
That azzhole even plays the Race Card at the 2014 White House Correspondents' Dinner.
The nerd prom was not much fun this year.

Celebs refusing to come and bad writers made this year's WHCD very painful.

Lapeer, MI

#1131275 May 4, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps a 'worthless' little POS like you can explain it to us.
This should be fun!!
Ignorance talks loudly.

A still tongue makes a wise head. This means you are sh it out of luck, Doody.

Lapeer, MI

#1131276 May 4, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
The GOP was against coverage for pre-existing conditions.
Once again, Carol is lying. It's what she does, constantly.
Then she runs from her lies, telling people there's a train a'coming and other stupid crap.
Anything to avoid talking about her proven lies.
So whe waits a few days and repeats the lies.
It's the cigarettes and diabetes related dementia she's dealing with.
Great links, loudmouth.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1131277 May 4, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
None of this post was disputed. You're the first to mention Glen Doherty.
I don't think so although I have been mentioning Doherty since very early on and also special agent Scott Strickland. In my world details matter..

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1131278 May 4, 2014
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text> Racist baggers, the lot of them...
Sonic is a racist are you giving him a pass?

Since: May 11

Gardners, PA

#1131279 May 4, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans can be criticized for not doing more to address health care reform. But it's not an easy undertaking. The Democrats rejected HillaryCare at one time which was similar to ObamaCare.
What we have now is a partisan tax law that gives too much power over our health care to the federal government, the IRS, politicians and bureaucrats with all the red tape.
If ever there was a time for both sides to sit down and compromise on a mutually doable health care reform, the time was in 2009. Both sides were prepared to come to the table with solutions that were long overdue and both sides could live with. The Democrats blew it.

You are a lying POS.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#1131280 May 4, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you object to Source Watch? Why?
Lower the Mgs. on your Mirtazapine prescription. You're getting then usual, fathead.:-D
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1131281 May 4, 2014
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Pay him no never mind, Ghost. I'd rather see a too used incorrectly that listen to Roxslaw (carol or Ketch?) debate an issue about which I am surely, totally, completely right. Racist baggers, the lot of them...
Thanks Leo, so true.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 27 min RiccardoFire 340,596
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 2 hr Trojan 35,926
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) May 19 hojo 12,405
News Carlisle's Fitzgerald signs to play at Norfolk ... May 16 Go phartse 4
News PBA: Columbian parades new import vs Aces May 4 AndPhartse 2
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Apr '18 Into The Night 258,512
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Mar '18 Lonnie Peters 201,480