Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1396054 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

TheIndependentMa jority

Elyria, OH

#1129765 May 1, 2014
Eleanor Beaver wrote:
<quoted text>
Stupid comment. Common sense says some regs are necessary.
Less regs/fees/permits/ taxes on small business IS needed.
The actions of your current team in the White House is bordering on fascism.
Are them "you is a registered compooteruser" people doing polls tuday??

I thought I were gonna have to splain to some of dem ...how that stuff doesn't werk sometimes.

(reallllllllllllllllllllllllll lllllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyy..get that stoopid off my line!)

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1129766 May 1, 2014
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
ONE consulate in Benghazi, and all the people of were FAILED, for what reason?????
And your pack of jackboot nutcases were rallying for boots on the ground in Syria.
how was anyone failed?

who was arguing for what in syria?

when you can actually think for yourself , get back to me...

yikes...you been bangin' your beak against the cage too long, pretty bird!
TheIndependentMa jority

Elyria, OH

#1129767 May 1, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
'Slush fund'? USAID under fire for paying Afghan, other governments to pass laws: http://tinyurl.com/ktd9858
The Magic Negro has ordered the Liberal Media to keep quiet about Afghanistan.
I wonder why?
Who the newest voted in tlkng head rep there now anyway??
Ya know...seems like they never even gave a mention at all...to the outcomes of that elecetion a couple weeks ago.

WTH is the matter w/the media some days anyway...like that's not world news?
TheIndependentMa jority

Elyria, OH

#1129768 May 1, 2014
Kabul, Afghanistan (CNN)-- Afghanistan's presidential election will go to a second round after no one candidate garnered more than 50% of the vote, the country's election commission said Saturday.

The top two vote-getters, former Foreign Minister Abdullah Abdullah and Ashraf Ghani, will be in a runoff slated for June 7, said Independent Election Commission head Ahmad Yusuf Nuristani.

"I think the elections went pretty good, we are satisfied with it and with the results," Nuristani said on state television.

Seven million Afghans went to the polls on April 5 to choose a successor to outgoing President Hamid Karzai. It will be the country's first democratic transfer of presidential power.

The preliminary results were announced Saturday, showing Abdullah with 45% of the votes and Ghani with 32%. Zalmai Rasoul's presidential hopes ended with a third place finish with 12% of the vote.
Hopes and Fears of Afghans Abroad
Two AP journalists attacked in Kabul

Abdullah and Ghani were seen as the front-runners going into the April 5 ballot.

Abdullah, who is associated with the Tajik ethnic group, is partnered with Mohammad Mohaqeq, a leader of the Hazara ethnic group. He also has a Pashtun on the ticket.

An eye doctor by training, Abdullah became Afghanistan's foreign minister under Karzai. He ran against him in 2009 but dropped out to protest what he saw as large-scale voter fraud.

He is considered to be relatively liberal and has made at least one public statement in support of women's rights.

Ghani, who earned his doctorate at Columbia University in the United States, is from the Pashtun ethnic group. His running mate is Abdul Rashid Dostum, a leader of the Uzbek ethnic group.

Ghani was the country's finance minister under Karzai.

Security will be a key issue for whoever is elected president.

A series of deadly attacks marked the run-up to the vote, and Kabul was again rocked by violence Thursday when at least three American medical workers in the capital were shot by a policeman guarding a hospital....

(verwee interesting.)

St. Croix valley

#1129769 May 1, 2014
<quoted text>
Too bad "admin" didn't ALREADY have HELP there like they SHOULD'VE...especially when there was big, black flags waving and PRIOR attacks in nearby places.
FOREIGN POLICY FAILURE.
LEARN from it.
who should have asked for that help?
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1129770 May 1, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
lousy service or product?
ah...nope.
Blame it on the rain? 60% of companies did'
http://americasmarkets.usatoday.com/2014/04/2...
Easy breezy__we just watched winter storms and frigid temperatures cripple the first quarter of the nations business. Sht happens eh?

The stock market survived__the mail got delivered and Coors Light cases are still selling for $17.95 per. This morning I purchased gorgeous boneless chicken breasts at Publix for $2.99 lb. Pork, beef and seafood are higher than giraffes nuts however. Gasoline is $3.59.9 here. I liked it better a few months back at $3.20.

SunRail took off today and after 12 hrs people seem to like it__and Verizon is adding 1000 jobs in Lake Mary.

How are things out there in the land of tornadoes and botched executions?
TheIndependentMa jority

Elyria, OH

#1129771 May 1, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>how was anyone failed?
who was arguing for what in syria?
when you can actually think for yourself , get back to me...
yikes...you been bangin' your beak against the cage too long, pretty bird!
Guess that one just went totally over your jackboot pea brain.

So doubt then-- you couldn't handle the vaporous moments...let alone the ones with actual thought.)

(You can resume listening to you youstooge videeyo's now..mahbe theys some with bouncy balls over it, for you comprehension comfort zone!!!)
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1129772 May 1, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>just ask mdbuilder to stalk them...he will waste months of his time and still be wrong...
shit, he still can't find his own draft card!!
He can't find his/her hometown either. Mutt claims to live in E Oregon yet chooses to camp out on the Orlando Florida topix forum. And to top it off the fkn mutt is a birther__a can't let go birther who probably has a picture of Oily Taint taped to his Jerkins lotion.
TheIndependentMa jority

Elyria, OH

#1129773 May 1, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
I was sure it was two Arab suicide bombers that killed those Marines.
keywords...PALESTINE..OIL...PL O taking a pop at Israels Amb to Great Britian..and the rest is <getting blamed on another US president..in that instance..Reagan> as usual.

But we don't need no stinking KEYSTONE north continental American, Independent oil..nor any jawbs either!!!

St. Croix valley

#1129774 May 1, 2014
<quoted text>
Guess that one just went totally over your jackboot pea brain.
So doubt then-- you couldn't handle the vaporous moments...let alone the ones with actual thought.)
(You can resume listening to you youstooge videeyo's now..mahbe theys some with bouncy balls over it, for you comprehension comfort zone!!!)
no, you parroted an idiotic statement and i asked you a pertinent question relevant to your statement that you obviously cannot answer..
TheIndependentMa jority

Elyria, OH

#1129775 May 1, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>who should have asked for that help?
Should've already been in place when Britians embassey was lobbed at and fired on!! Shouldn't even HAD to ask!
TheIndependentMa jority

Elyria, OH

#1129777 May 1, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>who should have asked for that help?
Baduh Vid-eee-yo!

http://article.wn.com/view/2011/05/01/Libyans...
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1129778 May 1, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
Signs the Progressive 'you did not build that' economy is on fire!
"Beef Prices Are The Highest They’ve Been In 27 Years"
http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2014/04/15/beef...
WTF happened twenty seven years ago? Should be higher than ever based on inflation alone.

Cigarettes are costlier than at any time in history__same with most everything else.

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1129779 May 1, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush was warned not only the possibility but exactly how...... 911 might very well have been prevented by checking foreigners with pilot training airfields, which was also explained to that idiot.. Benghazi is a Republican watering hole and a witch hunt that they will never be able to connect Obama with anything. But in reality they really don't care it's all about flinging enough sh1t knowing some will stick..The things that the Republicans do daily are reprehensible and un-American, with only one goal in mind and that isn't for the good of our nation.
If you're referring to the FBI agent's report about the flying lessons, I believe that got buried somewhere. Failing to connect the dots is what led to the creation of Homeland security. I don't believe that info ever reached the State Dept.

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1129780 May 1, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>I agree to the first two sentences.....
You don't believe my wife is a cancer survivor?

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1129781 May 1, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>just ask mdbuilder to stalk them...he will waste months of his time and still be wrong...
shit, he still can't find his own draft card!!
I haven't been able to communicate with mdbuilder. He only responds with sound bites programmed in by his handlers. In truth, his handlers are the ones that are wrong and he is merely a messenger.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1129782 May 1, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
About to enjoy my Kebbeh, petite pain rolls, and a nice California Cabbie....oh and handmade Tabouli...
A snack or do you eat dinner at 3PM? I usually eat around 6 maybe 7PM est.

Is the Kibbeh raw or roast?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1129783 May 1, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't believe my wife is a cancer survivor?
I have no way of knowing...
Campbell

Kingston, TN

#1129784 May 1, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
Obama & Hillary lied, people died:
WASHINGTON — U.S. military personnel knew early on that the Benghazi attack was a "hostile action" and not a protest gone awry, according to a retired general who served at U.S. Africa Command's headquarters in Germany during the attack.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2014...
Where were you hecklers when George W. Bush invaded the wrong country for the wrong reason and caused the deaths of 4500 young Americans and the wounding of 35,000? I might also point out that he and his administration told a documented 935 lies to make it happen.

As far as the four who were killed in Benghazi....they were drawing hazardous pay for every day they served. What makes them special over the other young soldiers just mentioned? Like Hillary said, "At This Point What Difference Does It Make??"
GOPidiots

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1129785 May 1, 2014
Eleanor Beaver wrote:
<quoted text>
Diversions.
The Regime knows TMZ is more important to their base than news that will directly influence their lives.
Really? You think Benghazi directly influences regular folks' lives?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 59 min thetruth 255,523
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr Junket 311,358
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 6 hr Earthling-1 9,877
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Mon Barbi A 201,865
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Jun 27 Trojan 32,289
News What they're saying about Bulls draft pick Bobb... (Jun '15) Jun 20 Tretre 6
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Jun 6 James Harry 41
More from around the web