Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1402868 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1126019 Apr 25, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>t is funny to watch you try to defend a thief and a racist..
but then you lie about your military service. so you are lower than even him...
bundy would shit on your head if he could...
Lies Jeffrey? You want to talk about lies?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1126020 Apr 25, 2014
Eleanor Beaver wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure thing, Liz.
One little problem -- a NY Times blog. Now there's an indisputable source if I ever saw one.
Conservatives don't ignore the poor. Unlike the left, they don't exploit them. Secondly, they can tell the difference between the truly poor and lazy slackers, regardless of color.
There's a huge difference between needy and dependent.
unlike FOX, here's the cited source.

Contrary to "Entitlement Society" Rhetoric, Over Nine-Tenths of Entitlement Benefits Go to Elderly, Disabled, or Working Households

http://www.cbpp.org/cms/index.cfm...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1126021 Apr 25, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>was that the RAW EDITED footage? as usm 1680 has said those that edit should be put to death.
http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/unedited-tape...
Probably though when liberals do it-it is considered G-d's work.
so what is it when FOX does it? Rupert's work?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1126022 Apr 25, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>She's got no $$$ no name recognition and no chance at all. Nelson's pretty old at 70 plus but could quickly demolish Crist. He's never really had a serious opponent.
Do you remember when he debated Katherine Harris? Hah__LMAO.
I'm not so sure Nelson is the one. I think Charlie is our best bet. If Scott would accept the Medicaid expansion, he might get re elected. Nelson is doing some work on that plan

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1126023 Apr 25, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Lies Jeffrey? You want to talk about lies?
i like talking about your lies..perhaps we should talk about who jeffry is?

“Amor patriae.”

Eastern Oregon

#1126024 Apr 25, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
one little problem....
African-Americans, who make up 22 percent of the poor, receive 14 percent of government benefits, close to their 12 percent population share.
White non-Hispanics, who make up 42 percent of the poor, receive 69 percent of government benefits – again, much closer to their 64 percent population share.
http://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/02/13/...
one of these days i might come to an understanding as to why you nutjobs ignore poor white people who are on welfare. but i'm sure you'll assure me that it has nothing to do with racism.
Statistic Verification
Source: US Department of Health and Human Services, U.S. Department of Commerce, CATO Institute
Research Date: 1.1.2014
Welfare is the organized public or private social services for the assistance of disadvantaged groups. Aid could include general Welfare payments, health care through Medicaid, food stamps, special payments for pregnant women and young mothers, and federal and state housing benefits. The Welfare system in the United States began in the 1930s, during the Great Depression. Opponents of Welfare argue that it affects work incentives.

Welfare Statistics
Total number of Americans on welfare 12,800,000
Total number of Americans on food stamps 46,700,000
Total number of Americans on unemployment insurance 5,600,000
Percent of the US population on welfare 4.1 %

Total government spending on welfare annually (not including food stamps or unemployment)$131.9 billion

Welfare Demographics
Percent of recipients who are white 38.8 %
Percent of recipients who are black 39.8 %
Percent of recipients who are Hispanic 15.7 %
Percent of recipients who are Asian 2.4 %
Percent of recipients who are Other 3.3 %
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1126025 Apr 25, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
so what is it when FOX does it? Rupert's work?
That's when the likes of fetchie consider it "...G-d's work."

It's irrefutable and taken as Gospel.

“Amor patriae.”

Eastern Oregon

#1126026 Apr 25, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i like talking about your lies..perhaps we should talk about who jeffry is?
I know who Jeffrey is, Jeffery. And I will talk about your lies. For instance; It says here you stated your profession as "Engineer". An Engineer who mows lawns for a living?
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1126027 Apr 25, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not so sure Nelson is the one. I think Charlie is our best bet. If Scott would accept the Medicaid expansion, he might get re elected. Nelson is doing some work on that plan
Maybe__but Crist is damned near as smarmy as Scott.

Perhaps Nelson is just trying to shake things up. The (R's) have a back up in Putnam__not sure who the (D's) have. Buddy Dyer (Orlando Mayor) who could win__is not interested__at all.

Maybe a newcomer will pop up.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1126028 Apr 25, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Statistic Verification
Source: US Department of Health and Human Services, U.S. Department of Commerce, CATO Institute
Research Date: 1.1.2014
Welfare is the organized public or private social services for the assistance of disadvantaged groups. Aid could include general Welfare payments, health care through Medicaid, food stamps, special payments for pregnant women and young mothers, and federal and state housing benefits. The Welfare system in the United States began in the 1930s, during the Great Depression. Opponents of Welfare argue that it affects work incentives.
Welfare Statistics
Total number of Americans on welfare 12,800,000
Total number of Americans on food stamps 46,700,000
Total number of Americans on unemployment insurance 5,600,000
Percent of the US population on welfare 4.1 %
Total government spending on welfare annually (not including food stamps or unemployment)$131.9 billion
Welfare Demographics
Percent of recipients who are white 38.8 %
Percent of recipients who are black 39.8 %
Percent of recipients who are Hispanic 15.7 %
Percent of recipients who are Asian 2.4 %
Percent of recipients who are Other 3.3 %
so a lot more white people than black are on welfare?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1126029 Apr 25, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>That's when the likes of fetchie consider it "...G-d's work."
It's irrefutable and taken as Gospel.
i've got his gospel right here.

The full video, posted by liberal media advocacy group Media Matters, is here:....

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/04/24/bu...

St. Croix valley

#1126030 Apr 25, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
I know who Jeffrey is, Jeffery. And I will talk about your lies. For instance; It says here you stated your profession as "Engineer". An Engineer who mows lawns for a living?
i am glad you know who jeffery is. i don't know who jeffery is. where is "here" that you think anything is stated...

i have never mowed lawns for a living.

i am a heavy equipment operator. my union member counterparts call themselves operating engineers, but i never use that term...

St. Croix valley

#1126031 Apr 25, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
oh, is it one your fictional draft lottery card where it says all that?

lying scum! how many people in this nation do you think would pay $20 to shit on your head? we could solve our debt just by letting people show what they think of scum like you....
Patrick

United States

#1126032 Apr 25, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
unlike FOX, here's the cited source.
Contrary to "Entitlement Society" Rhetoric, Over Nine-Tenths of Entitlement Benefits Go to Elderly, Disabled, or Working Households
http://www.cbpp.org/cms/index.cfm...
Excellent Post!

“Amor patriae.”

Eastern Oregon

#1126033 Apr 25, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
so a lot more white people than black are on welfare?
Blacks make up 13.6% of the population and represent 39.8% of all welfare recipients. You do the math.

As an American, I'm not proud of these numbers. But you, as Democrats, should be high-fiving each other. Your programs and their intended results are unequivocally successful.
Patrick

United States

#1126034 Apr 25, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
GOP Climate Change Skeptic Becomes A True Believer After Sandy
Rep. Michael Grimm (R-NY) reveals his change of heart in an interview with MSNBC anchor Chris Hayes airing Sunday on the Showtime documentary series "Years Of Living Dangerously," the transcript of which was provided in advance to TPM.
"[T]he mass majority of respected scientists say that it’s conclusive, the evidence is clear. So I don't think the jury is out," Grimm says.
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/michael-grimm...
Three trolls on topix outweigh scientific evidence
LOL

“Amor patriae.”

Eastern Oregon

#1126035 Apr 25, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i am glad you know who jeffery is. i don't know who jeffery is. where is "here" that you think anything is stated...
i have never mowed lawns for a living.
i am a heavy equipment operator. my union member counterparts call themselves operating engineers, but i never use that term...
It also says you have extensive training in "Horticulture and Botany". Did you ever find out what tree roots those were clogging up your sewer? I would think a trained "Horticulturist" would know something like that.
Patrick

United States

#1126037 Apr 25, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Blacks make up 13.6% of the population and represent 39.8% of all welfare recipients. You do the math.
As an American, I'm not proud of these numbers. But you, as Democrats, should be high-fiving each other. Your programs and their intended results are unequivocally successful.
Blacks, Whites, Jews and Gentiles fight for this country in our wars.
Libertarian racist jerks post on thread!
-Angela
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1126038 Apr 25, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
our programs?

Reagan is the guy who gave us the 47%. Clinton gave us this.

Ten years ago today I signed the Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Reconciliation Act. By then I had long been committed to welfare reform. As a governor, I oversaw a workfare experiment in Arkansas in 1980 and represented the National Governors Association in working with Congress and the Reagan administration to draft the welfare reform bill enacted in 1988.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/08/22/opinion/22c...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1126039 Apr 25, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Three trolls on topix outweigh scientific evidence
LOL
they wish.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 10 min zef 311,479
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 28 min Aura Mytha 255,872
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 14 hr litesong 9,981
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Fri Frankie Rizzo 201,877
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Thu Bruin For Life 32,306
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Thu Ceren 7
What Ever Happen To Niagara Basketball (May '15) Jul 17 Disappointed PE 3
More from around the web