Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1659072 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#1126309 Apr 26, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
You are one pathetic lowlife. The only thing that idiots like you ever make painfully clear is your degree of hatred and cluelessness.
No return comment, just namecalling? You ma'am are what is commonly called, a backseat driver, "Clueless? You're always beyond clueless, You always call names but never think about what you're saying. You have an opinion on every little item, but you're intelligence on those items leaves so much to be desired...
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1126310 Apr 26, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Does Media Matters have an article for this one?
CNN: 103 year old woman drives a car
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =QIcHounLZhYXX#action=share
Why don't you do what you normally do and simply inject your opinion?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1126312 Apr 26, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the Koch brothers are libertarians and have the same rights to free speech as any other Americans.....
given that the government screws up everything it touches, privatization is a good idea.....
They sure are mixed up in their politics if that's the case!

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1126313 Apr 26, 2014
Patrick n Angela wrote:
<quoted text>
Enjoy your posts
Likewise!!

( I like to make Carol disappear!)

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1126314 Apr 26, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
red light cameras result in insignificant increases in rear-end collisions.....
furthermore, many cities that have installed red light cameras have also reduced the length of the yellow light cycle in order to trap more victims......
and half or more of the money goes to the camera company, not to the municipality....
Murrieta, CA voters recently voted to remove the red light cameras in that city....
insignificant?

then they set up a shitty system and those city council members should be voted out...

show me credible evidence of increased rear end crashes...

again, we really need better driver training and more enforcement of traffic speed laws...that will reduce traffic injuries the most.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1126315 Apr 26, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Medicaid is welfare, not insurance....
growing the welfare rolls is a death spiral....
Medicaid subsidizes nursing home costs or in many cases covers them completely. Once again the baby boomers come into play eh pal?

And you thought everyone on welfare was black. Hah, ROFLMAO
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1126316 Apr 26, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Medicaid is welfare, not insurance....
growing the welfare rolls is a death spiral....
Then if you get rid of government altogether, you get rid of welfare.

You can't have it both ways.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1126317 Apr 26, 2014
Patrick n Angela wrote:
<quoted text>
a bit difficult to be a self centered republican and a Christian.
Which programs would Jesus kill?
Your question is the reason there should a complete separation of church and state.

However, to give my "opinion": Jesus wouldn't necessarily "kill" programs but he would make severe cuts to the military machine and increase taxes on the wealthy.

St. Croix valley

#1126318 Apr 26, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, the problem with the timing of the yellow lights is well documented. Perhaps it isn't the "company" who is shortening the length of the yellow lights, could be the municipality themselves, I will give you that. Either way, it generates income for the company and the city.
Not sure what you mean about the number of red light cams not being enough. Here is a list of the camera locations in California alone.(Keep in mind, some cities have 50 or more cameras.)
http://highwayrobbery.net/redlightcamscameras...
nd that number is enought to reflect on national statistic over the time period you gave? you showed a slight increase in accidents, and there would have been millions of additional miles driven per year over that time frame...so one would expect to see them go up..

why would you expect a few cities here and there having those cameras to affect national stats significantly?

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1126319 Apr 26, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>There is bill going through the State of Ohio legislature that will ban red light cameras throughout the entire state.
I think more and more states are going to take that route. Especially after a few rear-enders start suing the city for causing those accidents by forcing people to slam on their breaks due to a shortened yellow light.

Location hidden

#1126320 Apr 26, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
When WaPo says enough with the excuse, it shows the Obama favoring Steyer rather than any other stated cause.
Keystone XL’s continued delay is absurd
IF FOOT-DRAGGING were a competitive sport, President Obama and his administration would be world champions for their performance in delaying the approval of the Keystone XL pipeline.
Last Friday afternoon, the time when officials make announcements they hope no one will notice, the State Department declared that it is putting off a decision on Keystone XL indefinitely — or at least, it seems, well past November’s midterm elections. This time, the excuse is litigation in Nebraska over the proposed route, because that might lead to a change in the project that various federal agencies will want to consider. The State Department might even decide to substantially restart the environmental review process . This is yet another laughable reason to delay a project that the federal government has been scrutinizing for more than five years.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/keysto...
I agree. Obama is playing politics with Keystone.

I still think he will approve it.

It has to be approved. I have skin in the game, currently working for a Canadian Oil Company that stands to profit greatly if the pipeline is approved.

They will profit greatly even if it's not approved, but it will take a few more years to see the profits.

This oil will get to market, with or without Keystone XL.

It will not create many jobs, mostly only during construction.

With China and Russia being aggressive, North American energy is a wonderful thing. Sure it's dirty, but what form of fossil fuel isn't??

Until we get to renewables, we need the oil.

St. Croix valley

#1126321 Apr 26, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
He told Dweeb he was a Vietnam vet.
That puts him on Medicare.
oh yeah. guess i just always pictured him as a young kid...not sure why...
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1126322 Apr 26, 2014
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>No return comment, just namecalling? You ma'am are what is commonly called, a backseat driver, "Clueless? You're always beyond clueless, You always call names but never think about what you're saying. You have an opinion on every little item, but you're intelligence on those items leaves so much to be desired...
lol! You really have no idea how hypocritical you look, do you Chica?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1126323 Apr 26, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Fox Sports columnist Jason Whitlock, who made headlines recently after an inflammatory interview with Roland Martin in which he referred to the NRA as the “new KKK,” declined a request to visit The O’Reilly Factor on Fox News. And he did it rather gloriously, explaining in a blog post why he would not be appearing:
Jason Whitlock is a racist pig.....

On February 10, 2012, in the middle of the Knicks' 92–85 victory over the Los Angeles Lakers, with Jeremy Lin scoring a career-high 38 points, Whitlock posted on Twitter that "some lucky lady in NYC is gonna feel a couple inches of pain tonight." Hyphen wrote that Whitlock "reinforced the insipid and insidious 'small Asian penis' stereotype.

Location hidden

#1126324 Apr 26, 2014
If you want to see how far Americans who support gays has come, one need only look to Latta, SC.

>>Latta’s mayor fired the police chief, but Town Council is fighting back
An openly gay chief sees the worst (and best) of small-town politics
by Paul Bowers @ccpnews<<

""LATTA, S.C.— The front desk phone at the Latta Police Department has been ringing nonstop for the past minute-and-a-half, and Chief Crystal Moore wants nothing more than to pick it up. But she can't. She's not the chief anymore.

"It's a public building," she says, "so I'll sit here."

Moore's friends say they saw the writing on the wall in December, just before Mayor Earl Bullard won an uncontested election and took office next door at Latta Town Hall. They had heard the new mayor didn't take too kindly to gays and lesbians in positions of power, which meant Moore — as both the first female and first openly gay chief in the tiny town near the North Carolina border — had better watch her back. As a precautionary measure, Town Council passed a vote of confidence in Chief Moore during a February meeting.

Sure enough, on the afternoon of Tues. April 15, Mayor Bullard did fire Chief Moore, but Bullard's stated reasons for the firing had nothing to do with sexual orientation. Directly after an employee grievance meeting in which Chief Moore had helped mediate a complaint by a town employee against his supervisor, the mayor called Moore into his office. When she stepped inside, the mayor handed her a stack of seven written reprimands.

"He said,'I'm gonna hand you these right here, and I want you to read them out loud,'" Moore says. "As I read them, I could not believe what he had written down, because they either had something to do with an investigation I was doing, or it was the policy. Genuinely, I had to laugh at some of them."

Moore says she told the mayor she wanted to speak to her lawyer, but the mayor told her she needed to sign the reprimands before leaving the room. When she refused, the mayor told her to turn in her badge.

Mayor Bullard's side of the story remains unknown. The City Paper spent all day Monday in Latta, and although the mayor spent more than an hour in an interview with TV station WPDE, he said he was too busy to give the paper an interview. In the TV interview, Bullard only said that "personnel policy" wouldn't allow him to comment on the reason for Moore's firing beyond saying that it had "nothing at all" to do with her sexual orientation.""

----------

The Redneck Mayor will resign and leave town.

Another indication of America's progress in equality.

Location hidden

#1126325 Apr 26, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
He must be related to you, Nobraina.

St. Croix valley

#1126326 Apr 26, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
On February 10, 2012, in the middle of the Knicks' 92–85 victory over the Los Angeles Lakers, with Jeremy Lin scoring a career-high 38 points, Whitlock posted on Twitter that "some lucky lady in NYC is gonna feel a couple inches of pain tonight." Hyphen wrote that Whitlock "reinforced the insipid and insidious 'small Asian penis' stereotype.
so he's doing Hannity's show, then?

Location hidden

#1126327 Apr 26, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>oh yeah. guess i just always pictured him as a young kid...not sure why...
Teabaggers appear childlike in their ignorance..........
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#1126328 Apr 26, 2014
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>No return comment, just namecalling? You ma'am are what is commonly called, a backseat driver, "Clueless? You're always beyond clueless, You always call names but never think about what you're saying. You have an opinion on every little item, but you're intelligence on those items leaves so much to be desired...
Hypocrite say what? But yet I'm way smarter than your tea bagging dumb azz.. Your post now was so enlightening and informitive. 90 % of all you baggers posts are other idiots words,,,Your masters.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1126329 Apr 26, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>so we should let anyone build anything they want anywhere they want to?
except for state and local zoning and land use planning laws, yes......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 6 min Fair Warning 322,244
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 3 hr Anthony Ramon 35,116
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 3 hr SolarWarmist 11,925
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Nov 26 Okboy 201,885
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Sep '17 Alice Meng 13
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Sep '17 The pope 258,482
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Sep '17 Love 292
More from around the web