Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1601223 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1125981 Apr 25, 2014
*to be

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Location hidden

#1125982 Apr 25, 2014
*have not has

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#1125983 Apr 25, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
cops just love racist layers who flood the streets with drug dealers.....
"layers"??? Now, I don't care who you are, that's funny in the half-assed way you bagger have.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1125984 Apr 25, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
When you call people "uncles" while pretending to morally outrage by alleged racism, you are very slow.
i'm the wrong color to be calling anyone a Tom.

that's why i let the black folks do it. maybe you haven't noticed, but they hate those shuckin' and jivin' FOX props.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1125985 Apr 25, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
*to be
chill dude. have you seen some of my posts? won't be me that gives you grief.

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Location hidden

#1125986 Apr 25, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
chill dude. have you seen some of my posts? won't be me that gives you grief.
It was for easily offended Leo

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Location hidden

#1125987 Apr 25, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
that's why i let the black folks do it. maybe you haven't noticed, but they hate those shuckin' and jivin' FOX props.
But, you have "faux black" also.

Thanks, Sonic, next time Dave whines about posters here I will point out it is a two way street.

Have a nice day.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1125988 Apr 25, 2014
The love affair is over...

NEW YORK -- Fox News host Sean Hannity said Thursday that Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy's racist remarks are “beyond repugnant”
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#1125989 Apr 25, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
It was for easily offended Leo
Since it's obvious that you have no life and aren't smart enought to be offended I guess that makes you the winner. Well at least in that primate world that you and baggers reside in. You still hanging with your boy Bundy?
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#1125990 Apr 25, 2014
Homer wrote:
The love affair is over...
NEW YORK -- Fox News host Sean Hannity said Thursday that Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy's racist remarks are “beyond repugnant”
Ahh that's a shame, they made such a lovely couple.

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Location hidden

#1125991 Apr 25, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Since it's obvious that you have no life and aren't smart enought to be offended I guess that makes you the winner. Well at least in that primate world that you and baggers reside in. You still hanging with your boy Bundy?
Ghost,

Everyone makes fun of Leo's grammar routine. Then she gets frustrated and screws up her response post. It is like clock-work.

Nay, I am not going to get offended by any thing someone here says. I do have a life that doesn't depend on internet strangers for approval.

I like the gratuitous straw man and slam added at the end. So creative.

Have a nice day!
Eleanor Beaver

United States

#1125992 Apr 25, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
why not try Alex Sink again???...
Yeah, she'll make sure there are plenty of illegal immigrants to clean the motel rooms and mow her and her proggy pals lawns.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1125993 Apr 25, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Tom Tom___?

Had to__it was right there.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1125994 Apr 25, 2014
Nevada Democrats released a tongue-in-cheek memo Friday urging the Republican National Committee to hold its 2016 convention in Las Vegas because it would draw attention to GOP figures who praised local rancher Cliven Bundy before he made racist, pro-slavery remarks.

"Sure, after embracing Bundy for weeks -- even calling him a 'patriot,' in [Sen. Dean] Heller’s case -- most Nevada Republicans tried to distance themselves from Bundy after his latest comments were exposed," read the memo, addressed to Chairman Reince Priebus. "[W]e are so excited about you helping Nevada Democrats put the national spotlight on Nevada Republicans like Bundy, Heller ... among others, with a RNC convention. They are ready for their close-up, Mr. Priebus. And so are we."

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/nevada-...

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1125995 Apr 25, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh that's a shame, they made such a lovely couple.
Bundy was essentially saying the black community has traded the traditional family unit, even when it was tested under terrible circumstances, for a violent, disjointed, welfare environment - with devastating results. Bundy is right. His choice of words may have been a little clumsy, but he was being sincere about it. Which is more than you race baiters will ever be.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1125996 Apr 25, 2014
Progressives are all over creating industries that benefit humanity...

Climate Law!!!!!

Hollo, H., Kulovesi, K., & Michael Mehling.(2103).'Climate Change and the Law'. Springer : USA.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1125997 Apr 25, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Nevada Democrats released a tongue-in-cheek memo Friday urging the Republican National Committee to hold its 2016 convention in Las Vegas because it would draw attention to GOP figures who praised local rancher Cliven Bundy before he made racist, pro-slavery remarks.
"Sure, after embracing Bundy for weeks -- even calling him a 'patriot,' in [Sen. Dean] Heller’s case -- most Nevada Republicans tried to distance themselves from Bundy after his latest comments were exposed," read the memo, addressed to Chairman Reince Priebus. "[W]e are so excited about you helping Nevada Democrats put the national spotlight on Nevada Republicans like Bundy, Heller ... among others, with a RNC convention. They are ready for their close-up, Mr. Priebus. And so are we."
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/nevada-...
these comments by Bundy have made you so happy you have lost control of your bowel and soiled your britches...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1125998 Apr 25, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Bundy was essentially saying the black community has traded the traditional family unit, even when it was tested under terrible circumstances, for a violent, disjointed, welfare environment - with devastating results. Bundy is right. His choice of words may have been a little clumsy, but he was being sincere about it. Which is more than you race baiters will ever be.
one little problem....

African-Americans, who make up 22 percent of the poor, receive 14 percent of government benefits, close to their 12 percent population share.

White non-Hispanics, who make up 42 percent of the poor, receive 69 percent of government benefits – again, much closer to their 64 percent population share.

http://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/02/13/...

one of these days i might come to an understanding as to why you nutjobs ignore poor white people who are on welfare. but i'm sure you'll assure me that it has nothing to do with racism.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1125999 Apr 25, 2014
GOP Climate Change Skeptic Becomes A True Believer After Sandy

Rep. Michael Grimm (R-NY) reveals his change of heart in an interview with MSNBC anchor Chris Hayes airing Sunday on the Showtime documentary series "Years Of Living Dangerously," the transcript of which was provided in advance to TPM.

"[T]he mass majority of respected scientists say that it’s conclusive, the evidence is clear. So I don't think the jury is out," Grimm says.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/michael-grimm...

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1126000 Apr 25, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Yes it will.
State Democrat: Vermont already struggling with financing its single-payer system
POSTED AT 1:21 PM ON MARCH 18, 2014 BY ERIKA JOHNSEN
Blue-dominated Vermont already had a healthcare system that ran heavy with government involvement prior to ObamaCare, but the small state of about 625,000 residents dove headfirst into the task of creating their own ObamaCare exchange with eventual plans to evolve the entire program into a full-on single-payer system through the next few years. So far, even just their ObamaCare exchange has been struggling to get off of the ground (and they happen to be spending more federal money on uninsured residents than other states with more of them,$167 million!), and their single-payer ambitions are evidently on some very rocky financial ground. Via Watchdog.org :
Now, even Democrats say that plan, called Green Mountain Care, isn’t ready for its proposed 2017 rollout, and Rep. Jim Condon told Vermont Watchdog it’s time for Gov. Peter Shumlin to shelve the ambitious plan immediately.
“The deadlines for proposing financing have been missed two years in a row now, so to me that’s very disappointing. It’s becoming clearer and clearer that there is no financing plan,” Condon told Vermont Watchdog.
As Vermont Watchdog reported, an independent report by the Washington, D.C.-based consulting firm Avalere Health concluded that the costs of Green Mountain Care would require Vermont to raise tax revenue roughly equal to the state’s tax collections from all sources today.
Condon, a Democrat from Colchester, said he thinks a single-payer system in Vermont would “cost more” than a couple of previous estimates. Those estimates pegged the cost for single-payer at anywhere from $1.6 billion to $2.2 billion annually.
“It’s a government program [so] I think it’s going to cost more than that. Given that, I think it would be in the best interest of Vermonters to redirect our energies away from single-payer health care to trying to improve the system we’re in now,” Condon added.
Part of the original state legislation included a condition that the single-payer system not have any negative implications for Vermont’s economy — but as the aforementioned Democratic lawmaker mentions, raising taxes to a pretty huge and perhaps even doubled degree seems like one of their only options for adequately financing the project. This definitely looks like yet another case of blue-state ambitions with eyes bigger than their collective stomach, no?
"flack"
Another example of wasted Federal dollars is the state of Oregon. They are giving up on their health care exchange.The received 305 million in grants and pissed away 248 million of the grant. The states information officer, Pettit, declares Oregon will not be required to repay the Feds because the money was a grant. Over 70% of the Oregonians who signed up under Oregon's plan signed up for Cover Oregon, the states version of Medicaid.
Between the two states, Vermont and Oregon nearly 1/2 billion in Federal tax payers money was wasted.
Peace

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 44 min weapon X 317,480
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 2 hr LMAOphartss 34,199
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 3 hr POPS 11,559
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Wed The pope 258,485
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Sep 14 Hellepsoaio 12
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Sep 12 Love 292
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Sep 11 Rose of Tralee 201,880
More from around the web